We have launched our new enhanced Editor. There is an overview and tutorial Here.

#TheWRX: The EPIC Event at Callaway Golf. 8 Members are treated to TheWRX

Comments

• Pure745Pure745 CPC #15  11487WRX Points: 195Members Posts: 11,487

For the record Qmany is so excited because this will be his first time to ever see the ocean image/taunt.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':taunt:' /> ! Congrats to everyone going, have fun!

Quoting this just so we have a record of how excited QMany is image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' />

Anyways, super excited for those picked, very glad some friends and familiar names got chosen to go. Excited to hear about your guys' trip! Hopefully Callaway has the Madison Club dialed up for your round image/drinks.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':drinks:' /> image/partytime2.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':partytime2:' />
    Posted:
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist TS3 8.5 - Fujikura TR7
    Titleist 917F2 15 - Fujikura Speeder 857 Evo2 Proto
    Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL
    Mizuno S18 46/50
    [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey 54V/60V
    Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box

Instagram:
    On -, @pure745
    https://www.instagram.com/pure745/
    [/font]
  • GolfWRXGolfWRX Warning Points: 0  11 Members Posts: 11 #ad

Advertisement
  • MtlJeffMtlJeff Montreal 28935WRX Points: 1,706Members Posts: 28,935
    This should be a lot of fun, not just for the Callaway experience but also to meet the other guys going. Being in Montreal I don't get to meet a ton of real life WRX guys.

As others have said thanks to golfwrx for the opportunity, and thanks to callaway for accommodating a Canadian (not always eligible for stuff) a lefty (not always eligible for stuff) and some other generous stuff too with travel

Look forward to updating you guys
    Posted:
    Cobra King F9 w/Fujikura Atmos TS Black 7
    Cobra King F9 w/Matrix Black Tie 80
    Callaway Apex 20 w/Diamana D+ 95
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
    Callaway MD 2.0 60 PM grind w/S300
    Odyssey O-works Red Tank #7
  • Pure745Pure745 CPC #15  11487WRX Points: 195Members Posts: 11,487
    MtlJeff wrote:

This should be a lot of fun, not just for the Callaway experience but also to meet the other guys going. Being in Montreal I don't get to meet a ton of real life WRX guys.

As others have said thanks to golfwrx for the opportunity, and thanks to callaway for accommodating a Canadian (not always eligible for stuff) a lefty (not always eligible for stuff) and some other generous stuff too with travel

^^ bolded part can be a major.. or I should say, major, wildcard image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' />
    Posted:
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Titleist TS3 8.5 - Fujikura TR7
    Titleist 917F2 15 - Fujikura Speeder 857 Evo2 Proto
    Mizuno 919T - KBS CTL
    Mizuno S18 46/50
    [/font]
    [font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Vokey 54V/60V
    Scotty Cameron 009 Tool Box

Instagram:
    On -, @pure745
    https://www.instagram.com/pure745/
    [/font]
    Pure745 wrote:

MtlJeff wrote:

^^ bolded part can be a major.. or I should say, major, wildcard image/tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' />

Well out of the 8 of us I can't yet identify the inevitable weird guy that everyone will secretly not like

Oh crap. I think I heard a saying about that once
    Posted:
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
  • Roadking_6Roadking_6  2482WRX Points: 70Members Posts: 2,482
    MtlJeff wrote:

Pure745 wrote:

MtlJeff wrote:

Well out of the 8 of us I can't yet identify the inevitable weird guy that everyone will secretly not like

Oh crap. I think I heard a saying about that once

Well, as you said....you are Canadian. image/stop.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':stop:' />

All in jest. Have fun and enjoy your time. I am sitting here jealous of the opportunity.
    Posted:
  • ChomperChomper  1091WRX Points: 90ClubWRX Posts: 1,091
    Have a great time - I will be following, see what is up w the folks in Carlsbad. Great town, btw, might be the only place in CA that I would move to.
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • drewtaylor21drewtaylor21 I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious Las Vegas, NV 2854WRX Points: 160Members Posts: 2,854
    Have to echo Pure745, it's great to see that WRX selected guys who are a consistently positive addition to the site, instead of just a random draw. Very jealous of you all, but I hope you have a blast, and I'll be following with serious interest!
    Posted:
    Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* (Rogue Rip i/O 60x)
    2016 M1 3HL (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
    TaylorMade p790 3i (KBS Tour S)
    TaylorMade RSi TP 4-9i (KBS Tour S)
    Mizuno T7 Blue Ion 46-50-54-58 (S300)
    Spider Tour Platinum 35"
    TP5x

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/hurryupgolf/?hl=en
  • J13J13 Dad golf  15898WRX Points: 952Members Posts: 15,898
    Look forward to following along with this trip and glad for those who got chosen. Have a great time fella's and don't worry about posting while there. Trust me there won't be much time image/biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Really curious to see how the gamers vs Epic stats turn out.
    Posted:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Callaway Epic Flash Triple Diamond 9* / Mitsu Tensei Pro White 70TX
    Fairway wood - Under construction
    Irons - Under Construction
    Wedges - Under Construction
    Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Flow Neck
    Srixon Zstar XV

WITB- http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

Instagram-
    On -, @Jminis13

• chickenpotpiechickenpotpie #TeamJetSpeed  8538WRX Points: 151Members Posts: 8,538
    Enjoy it! Looks like a good crew....

And don't worry about posting here until you get back. Soak it all in while you are there.
    Posted:
    Member of TMAG #TeamJetspeed 2013
    WITB Link
  • bruinsPATSirishbruinsPATSirish Golf is hard.  6429WRX Points: 3Members Posts: 6,429
    swanry30 wrote:

QMany wrote:

I just want to start by saying thank you to GolfWRX and Callaway for this incredible opportunity. I think I speak for all of us when I say we are beyond excited for this experience.

If anyone has any questions for us or Callaway, just let us know! I'll do my best to provide updates and content during this jam-packed trip.

i still want someone to legitimately answer my question on mixed materials...

callaway nearly pioneered it - made if successful - went away from it - moved back to it (after another OEM made it popular again). why move away from it? why move back into it?

Great question, I will also like to hear their explanation on that one.

I am going to guess cost and materials. Price on carbon fiber production and material tech has dropped a lot in just the last 8 years or so.
    Posted:
    bruinsPATSirish WITB!
    Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
    Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
    Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
    TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
    Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
    Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole
  • Boricua GolfBoricua Golf  3389WRX Points: 116Members Posts: 3,389
    Hot Rod 71 wrote:

Hello everyone! I just wanted to stop in and say thanks to GolfWRX and to Callaway for this once in a lifetime trip. I'm super excited.

The eight of us have been communicating through PM for the last few weeks and everyone is pumped about the trip. We've exchanged phone numbers and email addresses in an effort to stay connected and provide everyone with updates without repetitious posting.

I will do my best to provided objective, unbiased reporting on the process and the outcome.

Rodney

We should get together and play a round once the weather gets better, I live in Fredericksburg and was part of the Gear Trials crew, congratulations btw, GolfWRX always does it big you will enjoy it to the max...
    Posted:
    Ping G LS Tec 10.5*, Ping Tour 65X, tipped 1", 44.25"
    Ping G 14.5*, Diamana Whiteboard D+ 82X, tipped .5", 42.5"
    Ping G 19*, GD Tour AD-DI 105X
    Ping iBlade 4-P, Project X 6.5 Flighted
    Ping Glide 50*, 54*, 58* with Project X 6.5 Flighted
    Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2.5 33.25" with Scotty Custom Black Pistolero grip, Ping Karsten TR Zing Tour 32.75", built up blacked out Pingman Grip
    Bridgestone Tour XS (Tiger Edition) and new Pro V1

Advertisement
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene pool 15885WRX Points: 1,087ClubWRX Posts: 15,885
    Hot Rod 71 wrote:

Hello everyone! I just wanted to stop in and say thanks to GolfWRX and to Callaway for this once in a lifetime trip. I'm super excited.

The eight of us have been communicating through PM for the last few weeks and everyone is pumped about the trip. We've exchanged phone numbers and email addresses in an effort to stay connected and provide everyone with updates without repetitious posting.

I will do my best to provided objective, unbiased reporting on the process and the outcome.

Rodney
    Bro, I'm so glad that you got the nod!!

None more deserving on this board and I know there won't be any stoneless sugar coating from you, lol

Truth be told, THAT is why I'm glad that you're included in this little get together, haha

Stay well Bro, have fun and God Speed image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

My Best,

Richard
    Posted:
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
  • Forged4everForged4ever To See A Man’s True Character, Spend 4+ Hours With Him on a Golf Course⛳️ The Burgh/Hdcp: My gene pool 15885WRX Points: 1,087ClubWRX Posts: 15,885

swanry30 wrote:

QMany wrote:

I just want to start by saying thank you to GolfWRX and Callaway for this incredible opportunity. I think I speak for all of us when I say we are beyond excited for this experience.

If anyone has any questions for us or Callaway, just let us know! I'll do my best to provide updates and content during this jam-packed trip.

i still want someone to legitimately answer my question on mixed materials...

callaway nearly pioneered it - made if successful - went away from it - moved back to it (after another OEM made it popular again). why move away from it? why move back into it?

Great question, I will also like to hear their explanation on that one.

I am going to guess cost and materials. Price on carbon fiber production and material tech has dropped a lot in just the last 8 years or so.
    I've still gotta RAZR Hawk TI that was a beast though I'll never be able to take advantage of that again but that was a saweeet driver!

Fairways & Greens 4ever,

RP
    Posted:
    In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24
    Great group overall!!

WRX got it right with this one!

Enjoy the trip image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

All the Best,

RP
    Posted:

Have to echo Pure745, it's great to see that WRX selected guys who are a consistently positive addition to the site, instead of just a random draw. Very jealous of you all, but I hope you have a blast, and I'll be following with serious interest!
    Yep, You and Tai nailed it as these Guys represent the best of WRX

Well, I'd throw you two in that group but with your Little Guys, you've go your hands full, lol

I hope you both are well as are your Little Men image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Always,

Richard
    Posted:
  • Hot Rod 71Hot Rod 71 #TheWRX  8932WRX Points: 293ClubWRX, BST Volunteer Mods Posts: 8,932

We should get together and play a round once the weather gets better, I live in Fredericksburg and was part of the Gear Trials crew, congratulations btw, GolfWRX always does it big you will enjoy it to the max...

I'd love to get together. Let's make it happen!

Bro, I'm so glad that you got the nod!!

None more deserving on this board and I know there won't be any stoneless sugar coating from you, lol

Truth be told, THAT is why I'm glad that you're included in this little get together, haha

Stay well Bro, have fun and God Speed image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

My Best,

Richard

Thanks, Richard, that means a lot to me. You're one of my favorite GolfWRXers.
    Posted:
    PING G400 LST 10* - Graphite Design Tour AD TP 6X
    Callaway Epic 15* - Diamana S+ 70X
    Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - Diamana S+ 80X
    PXG 0311T 4-P - DGTI AMT S400
    Cleveland RTX4 50, 54, 58 - DGTI S400
    Yes! Tracy Tour
    Snell Black

Advertisement
  • mackepamackepa #TheWRX  3680WRX Points: 237Members Posts: 3,680

Thank you. Your post means a lot. When I got the invite and saw the guys I was going with a couple days later I was really floored. We've got a great group of guys and I've gotten to know them more over txt and PM. I'm even more excited to meet them in person.
    Posted:
    #TheWRX 12/11/16
    Epic Flash SZ 9* AD IZ 6
    Epic Flash SZ 15* AD IZ 8
    Apex Hyb TC serial 20* Kuro Kage 80s
    X Forged Utility 24(bent 22*) KBS $-Taper
    RAZR MB 5-PW KBS Prototype
    MD4 52s, 56s, 60x KBS $-Taper
    Odyssey 10
    Jones Utility Rover
    Chromesoft X Triple Track
  • ZAPZAP  1642WRX Points: 201ClubWRX Posts: 1,642
    Can't wait to hear the stuff that happens. It snowed here today and temps are supposed to be in the 20s for highs the next few days. I'll need some entertainment.
    Posted:
  • sethdavidsdadsethdavidsdad  1844WRX Points: 129Members Posts: 1,844
    Congrats guys! Can't wait to follow along
    Posted:
    Epic 10.5* Diamana D+ 70X
    TM Mini driver 14*
    Rogue 5 Wood Diamana D+ X
    Mizuno MP18's 4-5SC, 6-PW MB
    Yes Callie
    Vokeys SM6 52,56,60
    WITB Link
  • kekoakekoa  9225WRX Points: 655ClubWRX Posts: 9,225
    Congrats guys. Many good players got chosen for this one. Looking forward to see if Callaway can put something together that will replace current sticks.
    Posted:
  • ryldawgryldawg  225WRX Points: 0Members Posts: 225
    You guys are going to have so much fun! I got to hit he new stuff yesterday! It is awesome and you get to try it with some awesome folks and way better weather than I did!
    Posted:

Advertisement
  • BrizamBrizam Junkie  976WRX Points: 137ClubWRX Posts: 976
    i said it in our group message to the other guys.

I'm really looking forward to spending a few days with people that are as into golf as I am. I'm a total club junkie so this is going to be a really good time.
    Posted:
  • tdk8180tdk8180  2417WRX Points: 144Members Posts: 2,417
    Congrats to the people going on the trip. I'm not jealous, that would be weak on my part. Stay thristy my friends...for knowledge, that is.

Send us many, many, many pics.

I hate all of you...so...so much

I'm jealous

Posted:
  • hhems10hhems10  165WRX Points: 47Members Posts: 165
    Congrats guys. Really looking forward to hearing all about the trip. It'll be a lot of fun reading about it next week, hope you all have a blast.
    Posted:
    Cobra King LTD w/ UST elements chrome
    Cobra F7 w/Hzrdus red 75g
    Callaway xhot 19* hybrid w/stock Callaway
    Cobra fly z+/ pro irons 4-pw w/ Steelfiber i110's
    Cobra King 50* 54* 58* versatile grinds
    Scotty Cameron GoLo 3
    Snell MTB
  • rileypratherrileyprather  253WRX Points: 27Members Posts: 253
    You guys are going to have an absolute blast! Say hi to the ZooCrew for me!
    Posted:
    WITB:
    Callaway EPIC SZ - HZRDUS T800 6.0
    Callaway EPIC 3+ - HZRDUS T800 6.0
    Titleist 913h 19 - Diamana blue
    Wishon 575 cb/mb combo - Project X rifle 5.5
    Callaway MD3 - 52 - 56 - 60
    Scotty Select Newport 2 (2018)
  • GC70GC70 What's Next? State of Hockey 7662WRX Points: 252ClubWRX Posts: 7,662
    Come on let's see pictures already!!
    Posted:
    Atmos Blue 6S
     Atmos Red 7S
    Atmos Blue 8S
    Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite
    SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M
    Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)
    Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)
    Scotty T22 Newport
    Pro V1x /

WITB Link

Advertisement
  • Sean2Sean2  30969WRX Points: 199Members Posts: 30,969
    I too offer my sincere thanks to Callaway and GolfWRX for this wonderful opportunity. You could have knocked me over with a very small feather when I was asked if I wanted to go. This will be my first golf trip.

I started playing at 50 and am now 61. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have an opportunity like this. I'm still a bit in a state of shock.
    Posted:
  • PeanutsDaddyPeanutsDaddy  8671WRX Points: 201Members Posts: 8,671
    I hope the experience is enjoyable for all. Safe travels.
    Posted:
    Cobra King F9 10.5*<br />Wishon 919FD 13* (1* open)<br />Wishon 950HC 18* (1* open)<br />Wishon 775hs 21*, 24*, 27<br />NCW 28*, 33*, 38*, 43*, 48*, 53*<br />Mac Custom Grind 58* (NevadaGolfGuy Special)<br />Betti, Machine, Mannkrafted, SGC, Scotty, Tad Moore, Xenon
  • Dscvrr St LouisDscvrr St Louis #CALLAWRX 12/12/12 & HOGAN Ft Worth  5438WRX Points: 183ClubWRX Posts: 5,438
    Sean2 wrote:

I too offer my sincere thanks to Callaway and GolfWRX for this wonderful opportunity. You could have knocked me over with a very small feather when I was asked if I wanted to go. This will be my first golf trip.

I started playing at 50 and am now 61. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I would have an opportunity like this. I'm still a bit in a state of shock.

Well Deserved....nuff said!! Enjoy!!
    Posted:
    Callaway Epic Flash  SZ 9.0 VA Composites Vylyn 75 05
    Callaway Epic Flash SZ 15 VA Composites Drago 75 04
    Callaway 816 Alpha Hybrid 19* Veylix Rome 888 S
    Callaway 2019 Apex Pro DOT 4-PW/ Epon AF-305 4- PW both Mitsubishi MMT 125 TX Graphite
    Odyssey WHP #3, Toulon Long Island Garage-Stability Shaft, Toulon Palm Beach, Toulon Azalea
    Callaway MD5 Jaws Tour Grey 50/54/58 and  Cobra Tour Versatile 50/54/58 Mitsubishi MMT 125TX Graphite
    Lamkin Crossline Cord

WITB Link

Advertisement
    Here is a list of excuses i will use when you see my unimpressive LM numbers with driver

1) Arm fell asleep on flight

2) Wind was in the face all day

3) Going from the east coast to west coast you lose yards due to time zone

4) My carry distances were in meters due to being Canadian

5) Stop being a "hater" bro (not necessarily applicable, but will just write that)
    Posted:
    Ping G410 4-SW w/S300
This discussion has been closed.