Project X Handcrafted EvenFlow reviews ***WRX TEST GROUP REVIEWS***

The active tip and better feel compared to T1100 are spot on. Played the 75 6.5 tipped 1" and it's smooth.

And like the previous poster said, pretty straight flight. Even in heavily fade biased 8.5 M1, it goes straight.

Don't even get the unicorn, the going fade.

Everybody relax, I’m here

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I plan to go back to the range again tomorrow if it's not raining and will try to shoot video of ball flight with both this and the T1100. They launch similarly for me with a different feel in both shafts. They both work great for me flight wise.

I've also gotta hit the UDI with the HZRDUS black 105 I jut picked up as well

So much for that. Only thing open are the mats

Went to range today with newly built T1100 (5.5 tipped 1/2") and TWO EvenFlow. Yes two. More on that later.

First tried the EvenFlow that I had been hitting with, now has extra tape under the grip. Sadly it didn't make much difference, only slightly better feel, if any at all. Still kicks like crazy, hook, hook, hook, high block fade... It's like once the club starts to release, I am pretty much just hanging on for dear life. If I grip hard, it doesn't release all the way and I get the block fade. If I keep my grip loose and let it go, it's hook city every time.

Disappointed, I put on the T1100, and instantly reminded why I love it so much. I had a 6.0 untipped before, and this time I dropped half a flex and tipped it a little, and it feels even better than before.

Still unconvinced about the EvenFlow, I turn to the 2nd one. Here is the story. Earlier I mentioned that my first test shaft had a "shipping mishap" and I had to wait for a replacement. What really happened was that the shaft I received somehow had a .350 tip. I sanded it but it wouldn't fit into my adapter sleeve. I didn't realize that something was wrong until I sanded some more and it still wouldn't fit. So I took out caliper and measured the tip and it was .343, after 2 rounds of sanding. Reported back to True Temper and a replacement was shipped out to me right away. No one could figure out how it happened though. While waiting for the replacement, I got a cheap .350 sleeve and shafted up the original and started trying it, and built out the replacement together with the T1100.

WOW! That is really all I could say. The difference is night and day compare to shaft #1! Now I can actually feel the active tip releasing through the impact. Shots are much more controlled with draws and fades. And like everyone has been saying... it's smooth! Ball flight is generally a little higher than T1100, and I would compare it to be similar to HZRDUS Yellow in terms of ball flight and feel. While I am still getting use to it, I have already cranked a couple of bombs that easily airmailed where the ball landed with T1100. (Shots with T1100 did run like scared rabbits after they land though)

I am completely mind blown by the difference between two seemingly identical shafts. If I was doing a blind test, I would have guessed the first one to be the original PX Black and the second one to a Diamana WB. I remember years back TM use to use .335 for TP's and .350 for all others, and you couldn't really feel that much difference. In more recent years I am not even sure if any one still uses .350 tip but I could never in my wildest dreams imagine such a huge difference between the two.

PXG Gen 4 0811XT 9* Tensei White AV RAW 65X

PXG Gen 4 0341X 3W Tensei White AV RAW 75X

PXG Gen 1 0211 19* Tensei White AV RAW 90X

PXG 0317ST 4-W Extreme Darkness PX LZ 6.5

PXG SD2 50* & 54 PX LZ 6.0

PXG SD 58*

PXG Battle Ready Bat Attack Slant neck 34" 

Does anyone who has hit the Evenflow shafts know how it compares to the GD Tour AD TP 6x? I'm considering ordering a new driver soon with that shaft, but have heard great things about the new evenflow black. Specifically the 6.5 65g black.

to me the TP feels just as smooth -- but different. the even flow has more of a kick than the TP -- but performance is similar. launch should be lower with the even flow black, and spin should be a touch lower.

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Does anyone who has hit the Evenflow shafts know how it compares to the GD Tour AD TP 6x? I'm considering ordering a new driver soon with that shaft, but have heard great things about the new evenflow black. Specifically the 6.5 65g black.

to me the TP feels just as smooth -- but different. the even flow has more of a kick than the TP -- but performance is similar. launch should be lower with the even flow black, and spin should be a touch lower.

So what do I have to do to get my hands on one of these shafts? Just wait till the release date in September?

Is the only difference between the black and blue the tip stiffness? Or is the bend profile different between them (different in the mid or butt sections)?

TSi3  10* Tour AD VR 7x

TSr2+ 14.5* Tour AD DI 9x

TSi3 20* Hybrid Tour AD DI 115tx

u500 4, t100 5-PW, GW Dynamic Gold x100

SM8 54s, 60d Dynamic Gold s400

Scotty Classic Newport 

I've been playing the black 70 6.5 for about two weeks now. This is my new favorite shaft of all time. It gives you everything, stability, low spin, feel, good trajectory, the list goes on. Project X has a winner on it's hands. Now I need to find another one to test in a G 400. See if it could knock the epic combo out of my bag.

I'm still really liking the Even Flow Blue. It just really fits my swing well...and the bad shots aren't nearly as bad as they should be (most of the time).

Since I love to tinker, I recently tried out a Speeder Pro 64 and Speeder Pro XLR8 63. While both are really nice shafts, they just can't beat the consistency I have with the Blue. Same thing for the Atmos Blue...really nice shaft but can't beat out the Blue. I don't know if the EF Blue was any longer but it was certainly straighter. I like straight.

Taylormade M3 460 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 917 F2 - Fujikura Speeder 757 Evo IV
Titleist 816 H1 - Fujikura Motore Speeder TS 8.8 HB
Cobra King Forged Tour - 5-PW - DG 105
Cleveland RTX Zipcore 50/54/58 - DG 115
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M

Has anyone compared the Even Flow shafts to the LZ Handcrafted shafts? Based on the description they would appear to be the next generation of the Loading Zone tech. Since the LZ Handcrafted shafts are discontinued and hard to find, I am wondering if the Even Flow is going to be the shaft that will provide similar feel and performance.

Callaway Epic MAX 10.5 driver w/ Project X Riptide 50 5.0
Callaway Epic Flash 3, 5, & 7 woods w/ Fujikura Pro 2.0 R2-6

Callaway Apex 21 DCB 4 iron w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0 
Callaway Apex 21 5 - AW w/ Project X Catalyst 50 5.0
Callaway Mack Daddy CB 56 w/ Project X Catalyst 60 5.5
Toulon Design Palm Beach Stroke Lab
Callaway Chrome Soft

Has anyone compared the Even Flow shafts to the LZ Handcrafted shafts? Based on the description they would appear to be the next generation of the Loading Zone tech. Since the LZ Handcrafted shafts are discontinued and hard to find, I am wondering if the Even Flow is going to be the shaft that will provide similar feel and performance.

The EvenFlow is much smoother than the LZ, especially from transition to release. The LZ kicked much harder than the EvenFlow does. I tested the LZ17 back then and the EvenFlow Black, for me, works much better. I'm still going back and forth between the T1100 and this one. Both are excellent performance wise for me

Funny I actually just took my LZ to the range yesterday to try against T1100 and EvenFlow Black. Was only able to take 2 messed up swing with it though. It had been sitting there for so long that the grip was as slippery as glass. I nearly had the club flew out of my hands on the 2nd swing.

Got a new grip on it now and will try again later.

PXG SD 58*

For a while a was under the assumption that the evenflow was an update to the LZ but I was told by a company rep through social media that its actually a completely new and different profile and unrelated. I'm a big believer in the loading zone concept and I hope it does live on in some form or fashion though. It's magic for me in the steel iron shaft. It also seems like the DG Spinner wedge shafts were also an earlier variation of the concept and those are my all time favorite wedge shafts.

So I am guessing most T1100 players are staying with the same weight and flex in the EF Black? I am gaming the T1100 6.0 65 in my 917 but something with a hair more kick would be nice, I am sure the blue would be good in a fairway wood for me.

TaylorMade M5 Tour 10.5  w/ Graphite Design MJ 5
TaylorMade M6 14 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Pro Blue 70
PXG 0317X 17 w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 90
PXG 0311T 3-PW w/ KBS TGI 100
PXG 0311 Milled 54/60 w/ Black Onyx DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron 009
Bridgestone Tour B X 

Can anyone tell me what the profile of the Black is? Or EI Profile? Is it Stiff Butt, Stiff Mid, Softer Tip?

Anyone?

Here is the marketing material I have found, makes me think its a mid soft type shaft. I would like to hear what true temper has to say.

TSi3  10* Tour AD VR 7x

TSr2+ 14.5* Tour AD DI 9x

TSi3 20* Hybrid Tour AD DI 115tx

u500 4, t100 5-PW, GW Dynamic Gold x100

SM8 54s, 60d Dynamic Gold s400

Scotty Classic Newport 

So I am guessing most T1100 players are staying with the same weight and flex in the EF Black? I am gaming the T1100 6.0 65 in my 917 but something with a hair more kick would be nice, I am sure the blue would be good in a fairway wood for me.

Yes you can stay in the same weight and flex. I am using a Black 65 6.0, and the ball flight is very similar to my T1100 65g 6.0. It is very much exactly what you are looking for, T1100 with a little more kick. In your hand, static feel would give you the impression that the Even Flow is a lot softer than T1100 but once you swing it you'll know it is not the case.

So I put three rounds on this shaft over the long weekend, and I am totally in love with it. First round I missed 3 fairways out of 9, but first two were by 1 foot and 3 inches. I was feeling so confident that on dogleg left par 5 18th I tried to give it 120% to hit a high draw over a big tree but rushed things a little and it leaked a little instead of drawing. All the shots were quite a bit further than where I had been in the past few month with T1100. I did tweak the swing a little but I think the added distance was at least partially from the shaft change. 2nd round right off the first tee was a 300 yd bomb to put the ball in a perfect spot to attack the opening 530yd par 5, which I proceed to birdie with 4iron approach. The 3rd round was in high wind and I had no trouble hitting knock downs on demand straight into the wind, and launching it high when it's downwind.

Overall, I'd echo the comments from Gioguy a bit earlier that the driver with this shaft is very much a point and shoot thing. Contact feels extremely smooth and you can really feel the ball compressing and sticking on the face just a split second longer than with T1100 giving you that really solid strike feeling. Then as the shaft unloads you can really feel the tip section rocketing through and sending the ball on its way. Compare to using T1100, I am a lot more confident in slowing down the transition as I am not so concerned about not loading the shaft enough, and that in turn smoothed out the rhythm of the entire swing and allowed for even more solid hits. One added benefit for me is that the improved rhythm is making my 3W more deadly than ever and I found myself using that a lot more than before. LOL

The feel on this shaft is phenomenal, and I thought the T1100 felt pretty good already. it's really like, until you have tried this, you really don't know what you are missing. I could draw the tee shots again when it was nearly impossible with T1100 so I just gave up trying. I can swing with confidence and get the results I want. I really don't know what more I can ask for. Ok maybe the pretty blue paint color...

Now I almost got myself quite a dilemma. Even Flow has obviously earned the right to get the starting job. But I almost feel guilt if the T1100 that I loved so much for better half of the year just got sidelined without even committing any fault, especially since TT had just recently replaced the broken one for me.

PXG SD 58*

Has anyone tried the hybrid shaft yet? Specifically the black 6.5? I want to order a new Titleist hybrid with this shaft as it's no upcharge because I am absolutely in love with the driver shaft.

For sure something I want to try as well! I like my HZRDUS Black 85/105 but would love the smooth feel of the EF!

CJPSignatureV3.png.c58dade69e39827f99ae02c309fb82e2.png

Instagram  |  iTunes  |  SoundCloud  |  Spotify | YouTube

Went and hit this shaft again yesterday and it's just smooth. Paired with the M2 head I've been hitting, I'm smoking it as well as I have been the T1100. This one is a little less stiff in the tip section and I can really swing smooth with it. Don't have to get nearly as aggressive from

The top to load it. I can see myself swapping between the 2 near universally depending strictly on how I'm feeling day to day. If I wake up to go play and the muscles feel a little stiff, EvenFlow to the rescue. If I want a touch higher ball flight, EvemFlow in the bag. If the course demands me to be able to work the ball a little off the tee, EvenFlow in the bag. I don't know if I'm just hitting the ball really well right now or if these shafts are just perfect for me, but with the EvenFlow and the T1100, I'm driving the ball as well as I've hit it in a looooong time. Shots are long and straight and I'm controlling flight and direction better than I ever have. If the putter would come around I'd be putting up better scores than I have in a long time.

Went and hit this shaft again yesterday and it's just smooth. Paired with the M2 head I've been hitting, I'm smoking it as well as I have been the T1100. This one is a little less stiff in the tip section and I can really swing smooth with it. Don't have to get nearly as aggressive from

The top to load it. I can see myself swapping between the 2 near universally depending strictly on how I'm feeling day to day. If I wake up to go play and the muscles feel a little stiff, EvenFlow to the rescue. If I want a touch higher ball flight, EvemFlow in the bag. If the course demands me to be able to work the ball a little off the tee, EvenFlow in the bag. I don't know if I'm just hitting the ball really well right now or if these shafts are just perfect for me, but with the EvenFlow and the T1100, I'm driving the ball as well as I've hit it in a looooong time. Shots are long and straight and I'm controlling flight and direction better than I ever have. If the putter would come around I'd be putting up better scores than I have in a long time.

OMG.. that's literally what my playing partners said to me this weekend as well... had played only one round in nearly a month and half.. my putter was stone cold.

PXG SD 58*

have a green xtorsion 70TX in the bag tonight to rival the even flow. pics to come, hopefully get some flightscope #'s this week as well.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

Anyone else see that the t1100 launches higher?

Had a chance to hit a t1100 and evenflow black, both 75g 6.5 in my new m2 head

T1100 was about 1/3 higher flight.

i'd say they launched about the same -- not really a difference.

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”