Best Driver of 2019 | Full Article _HERE_ | Discussion Thread _HERE_

New TP5 and TP5X

Comments

• bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Oldboy wrote:

I use a check n go for my golf balls. 1 out of 4 TM balls are so out of round they hit the cover of the check n go. I have only had one ProV do this in 8 dozen....

I've been testing balls with an open mind and found this to be true myself. I've marked and tested the out of round balls on my home putting green and you can absolutely see the difference. Bridgestone is by far the most consistently round ball made. Titleist is good too ( 19 model v1x) and chrome soft x is about 2 balls per dozen bad. Funny thing is that the less than perfect callaway balls still roll pretty true. But the tp5x doesn't. I had one in fact that if you lined up the heavy side opposite of break would roll straight and not break.

Curious why this comment was completely ignored ?

Believe it or not this isn't a compete deal breaker as I can always use practice balls . 2-4 per dozen out of round could be overloooked if the ball was game changing as reported. Going to test the new ball and see.

This is disturbing. 1 out of 4?!

twice 4 per dozen for me ... 3rd dozen i checked had only 3 wobblers...to be fair it happens with all makes... but that rate is pretty high ... ( no i didnt by 3 boxes.. only 1)
    Ping G410  11.2* Tensei pro OrangeV2 proto 70TX 
    Ping G410 15.5* Graphite Design ADDI 8x
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 
    Ping Blueprint  4-PW   Modus 130X 
    Ping Glide Forged  50  54 60 s400
    Spider X Tour Armlock.  42 inch with jumbo max 17 inch  grip.   

• dpb5031dpb5031 Jupiter, FLMembers Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Got mine today...Edwin Watts on Northlake in Palm Beach Gardens. I head to Punta Espada in the DR next week, so happy to pick these up in time for my trip!
    USGA Index: ~1

WITB:
    Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
    Taylormade M2 Tour 15 Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
    Kasco K2K 33 - UST Axivcore 65 Tour Green 
    Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
    Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
    Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
    Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
    Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
    Taylormade TP5X Ball
  • sevenfouratesevenfourate Devotee of OCD ENGLAND.Members Posts: 1,882 ✭✭
    edited Feb 12, 2019 3:58pm #394
    Soooooo jealous of you guys who’ve got them in-hand.

I pre-ordered some online here in the U.K. Was told they would be shipped Friday. I’ve had Tracking number - but it’s not live. Despite checking 20 times a day :-)
    Regards - 'Shuv'

PING G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    TAYLORMADE UDi No 4 (23 degree) - Project X - 6.5
    CALLAWAY X22 Tour Irons (5 - PW) - Project X - 6.5
    CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) - DG PRO S300
    ODYSSEY White Hot Pro 2 - (Rossie) - 343g  / 34.5"
    TAYLORMADE TP5 Golf Ball ←NEW 2019 Version→

SHUV'S WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...l-and-now-2016/
  • bladehunterbladehunter Today was a good day... south carolinaMembers Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Stanks wrote:

Danny Choo wrote:

Simple on course chemistry test to see if balls are really different from old TP5 & TP5X

1) on a slope green release balls at same time to test roll speed.

2) Drop balls from 6 ft high onto green on three occasions at the same time to see angle of response

3) Hit 2 balls each from 50 yards with a 60 degree wedge to check spin response from short distance.

4) Hit 3 balls each with 9 degree loft driver

to check ball flight and distance

5) Hit 2 balls each with 7 irons to check ball flight and distance.

A 0-6 handicapper should be able to carry out this test with ease. Unfortunately I am not that low a handicapper so I am out of the running

Don’t tell me how to live my life

I was thinking this

Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 

• IHFNIHFN Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Oldboy wrote:

I use a check n go for my golf balls. 1 out of 4 TM balls are so out of round they hit the cover of the check n go. I have only had one ProV do this in 8 dozen....

I've been testing balls with an open mind and found this to be true myself. I've marked and tested the out of round balls on my home putting green and you can absolutely see the difference. Bridgestone is by far the most consistently round ball made. Titleist is good too ( 19 model v1x) and chrome soft x is about 2 balls per dozen bad. Funny thing is that the less than perfect callaway balls still roll pretty true. But the tp5x doesn't. I had one in fact that if you lined up the heavy side opposite of break would roll straight and not break.

Believe it or not this isn't a compete deal breaker as I can always use practice balls . 2-4 per dozen out of round could be overloooked if the ball was game changing as reported. Going to test the new ball and see.

twice 4 per dozen for me ... 3rd dozen i checked had only 3 wobblers...to be fair it happens with all makes... but that rate is pretty high ... ( no i didnt by 3 boxes.. only 1)

When I tried playing Chrome X about a year ago I was using the method Bryson does. Out of every dozen there were usually only 3 or 4 balls that were perfect round. The rest weren't. So 4 out of round isn't so bad. But Bridgestone was the best out of the ones I tested. TM and Titleist were about the same.
    Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
    TM M5 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5 
    Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
    Cobra King MB/CB '19 - KBS $-Taper Stiff
    TM High Toe 52 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
    TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
    TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
    TM Spider X
  • SwingBluesSwingBlues We are the Old Dark Navy Blues Members Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    For those who tested both balls, off the driver, which is the lowest launch - TP5 or TP5X? Looking at both balls, 108 SS
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero 9*, Fujikura Ventus 6-S finished 44.5"
    Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Honma 737 18* 5 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105 with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips
    Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
    Directed Force Reno "2.05" with BGT Stability shaft (Presse V tweaked)

Ball: Srixon XV, 2019 Taylormade TP-5x
    Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!
  • IHFNIHFN Members Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    SwingBlues wrote:

For those who tested both balls, off the driver, which is the lowest launch - TP5 or TP5X? Looking at both balls, 108 SS

TP5 is designed to be the lower launch ball between the two.
    Ping G400 LST Ping Tour Stiff 63
    TM M5 Hzrdus Smoke 6.5 
    Titleist 818 H1 19 Evenflow Blue 6.5 85
    Cobra King MB/CB '19 - KBS $-Taper Stiff
    TM High Toe 52 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
    TM High Toe 58 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
    TM High Toe 64 KBS Hi Rev 115 Stiff
    TM Spider X
    IHFN wrote:

Oldboy wrote:

When I tried playing Chrome X about a year ago I was using the method Bryson does. Out of every dozen there were usually only 3 or 4 balls that were perfect round. The rest weren't. So 4 out of round isn't so bad. But Bridgestone was the best out of the ones I tested. TM and Titleist were about the same.

Yea. Sounds right. Callaway did have many less than perfect ones. Just barely out.
    Ping G410 21* ADDI 105x 

• sevenfouratesevenfourate Devotee of OCD ENGLAND.Members Posts: 1,882 ✭✭
    edited Feb 13, 2019 3:13pm #400
    IHFN wrote:

SwingBlues wrote:

This is of course the well-advertised and standard response (And i'm in no way attacking you for that !!)

What i have never heard / read / seen is: if and how the two differ in terms of Apex height or indeed ‘flight path’ ie: Is the TP5 lower launch and then rises faster to the same Apex. Or is it low-launch AND lower total height per-se. As we all know with shafts - initial launch only being part of the story. ***Or do they perhaps wrongly describe overall flight as ‘launch’ ?

Low launch and low Apex / flight: would really be the icing on the cake for me.......playing on wind-infested Coastal courses much of the time.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Regards - 'Shuv'

PING G20 - 9.5  degree - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    BRIDGESTONE J33 (15) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    MIZUNO Fli-Hi (17+20) - Grafalloy ProLaunch Red - X
    TAYLORMADE UDi No 4 (23 degree) - Project X - 6.5
    CALLAWAY X22 Tour Irons (5 - PW) - Project X - 6.5
    CALLAWAY MD3 Black (52+58 deg) - DG PRO S300
    ODYSSEY White Hot Pro 2 - (Rossie) - 343g  / 34.5"
    TAYLORMADE TP5 Golf Ball ←NEW 2019 Version→

SHUV'S WITB: http://www.golfwrx.c...l-and-now-2016/
  • jjfcpajjfcpa Driver - Tour Edge EXS 10.5 Omaha, NEMembers Posts: 499 ✭✭✭✭
    Interested in the TP5 but what would help is if someone could list a comparable ball from Callaway or Bridgestone.
  • wfrogge1wfrogge1 Members Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

IHFN wrote:

SwingBlues wrote:

This is of course the well-advertised and standard response (And i'm in no way attacking you for that !!)

What i have never heard / read / seen is: if and how the two differ in terms of Apex height or indeed 'flight path' ie: Is the TP5 lower launch and then rises faster to the same Apex. Or is it low-launch AND lower total height per-se. As we all know with shafts - initial launch only being part of the story. ***Or do they perhaps wrongly describe overall flight as 'launch' ?

Low launch and low Apex / flight: would really be the icing on the cake for me.......playing on wind-infested Coastal courses much of the time.

Both apex pretty much at the same height but because the TP5x launches higher it "appears" to go higher overall. If you want the lowest launch and spin from any premium ball offering you want the AVX.
  • SwingBluesSwingBlues We are the Old Dark Navy Blues Members Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    wfrogge1 wrote:

Both apex pretty much at the same height but because the TP5x launches higher it "appears" to go higher overall. If you want the lowest launch and spin from any premium ball offering you want the AVX.

I play that already, very, very nice ball suits my swing. Hated the ProV and ProVx balls but AVX is something, durable as well. I also play the XV 5, 4 as well but this new TP5 and TP5X looks very intriguing, kinda reminds me of the Red/LDP balls. I just went to Roger Dunn, they claim they won't have this till 3/15. Ugh...
    Callaway Epic Flash SubZero 9*, Fujikura Ventus 6-S finished 44.5"
    Honma 737 13* 3 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Honma 737 18* 5 wood, Vizard A 50S shaft
    Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105 with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips
    Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
    Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
    Directed Force Reno "2.05" with BGT Stability shaft (Presse V tweaked)

Ball: Srixon XV, 2019 Taylormade TP-5x
    Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!
    SwingBlues wrote:

wfrogge1 wrote:

I play that already, very, very nice ball suits my swing. Hated the ProV and ProVx balls but AVX is something, durable as well. I also play the XV 5, 4 as well but this new TP5 and TP5X looks very intriguing, kinda reminds me of the Red/LDP balls. I just went to Roger Dunn, they claim they won't have this till 3/15. Ugh...

I wan to like the AVX but am going through a "face to path" change and the AVX is dropping out of the sky for me on some drives. WIth that said I 100% understand why a lot of folks play the AVX as its a great ball. To rub salt into your eyes I picked up a dozen of TP5x's today and will test them this weekend image/smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> . Off the putter. the TP5x is less "clicky" sounding than the 2019 Prov1x so I am kind of excited. Might be a good compromise between the ProV1 and ProV1x.
  • Z1ggy16Z1ggy16 Members Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭✭✭✭✭
    GolfBox just posted a review today of new TP5X. Not sure if he cherry picked data but it was a whopping 5mph faster than old TP5X and I think that amounted to something like 5 meters more carry for him. Spin was a touch higher and launch was lower.

If that's real results, count me in. I'm already playing the OG TP5X so adding some more yards without losing spin is a dream.
    WITB
    OG Epic Sub Zero 9* | HZRDUS Smoke 60X
    '16 M1 Tour Issue 16* | Diamana B 70X
    '17 M1 Tour Issue 3h or GAPR Lo | Accra TZ6 M5
    P790 4i | Modus 120X
    P770 5-PW | Modus 120X
    Glide Stealth 2.0 50/10SS | Modus 120TX "Spinner" 
    Glide Stealth 2.0 54/12SS | Modus 120TX "Spinner" 
    Hi-Toe 58 | Modus 125 Wedge ( Glide Stealth 2.0 58/10SS for spring & fall)
    Bettinardi MC 360 Tour or Ardmore 2 
    ProV1x
    Sun Mountain 5.5 Bag
    Nike Tour Premiere

• jjmurryjjmurry Washington, DCMembers Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    Anyone get to try either the TP5 or TP5X and can speak on durability compared to prior year's version? I want to like the ball but can't justify the high price if one swipe with a wedge will force me to change balls.
    Ping G410 LST - Tensei CK Orange 65X
    Titleist U510 - Project X HZRDZ Smoke Black 85g 6.5
    JPX 900 Tour PW-3i - C-Taper 130x
    Vokey SM7 - 52*, 56*, 60* - C-Taper 130x
    Ping Anser 2
    Snell MTB-X
  • spartan6910spartan6910 Go Green, Go White! San DiegoMembers Posts: 390 ✭✭
    So the official release has come and gone, and there's nothing on the website about the ninja star version. Wonder why.
    Titleist TS4 9.5* - Fujikura Speeder 661 TX
    Cobra King LTD 13* - Aldila Rogue X
    TaylorMade SLDR 2h 19* - Fujikura Pro 83h X
    Mizuno T-Zoid Comp-EZ 2i - S300
    Callaway Apex CF16 5-P - stock steel XP95
    Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 51*
    Callaway Mack Daddy 3 58*
    Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 64*
    Bettinardi Queen B #8
    TaylorMade TP5

Born in the USA, Made in Detroit, Grinding in San Diego[/size]
  • chris975dchris975d GeorgiaClubWRX Posts: 1,935 ClubWRX
    So the official release has come and gone, and there's nothing on the website about the ninja star version. Wonder why.

It has a later release. March or April, I can't remember and I don't have my launch material with me at home.
    TaylorMade 9* M5 w/GD AD-IZ 6
    TaylorMade M5 3-wood
    TaylorMade M5 5-wood
    Srixon H85 4
    Srixon 5-PW, AW Z585 w/Project X LZ 6.0
    Cleveland RTX4 54*, 58*
    TaylorMade Spider X Copper
  • WarrickWarrick ClubWRX Posts: 10,610 ClubWRX
    I ordered a dozen TP5 today from TGW, was grabbing a pair of shoes on sale anyway, got to pick my number
    Epic 9* HZRDUS Smoke
    F9 Tour 3w\13.5 - Smoke 70
    F9 Tour 5w\17.5- Smoke 70
    Epic hybrid - 22* Pro White 90
    Mizuno 919 combo 5-9 LZ Blackout 
    Mizuno T7 - 45-49-53-58 LZ Blackout 
    Custom V-Line Fang
    TM TP5X
  • Breezy-3-Breezy-3- Members Posts: 341 ✭✭✭✭
    Ive been playing the TP5 since this range came out a couple of years ago. While the TP5X performance suits my game slightly better, I could not get past the plastic feel off the putter and short game shots. I picked up a dozen TP5x today and while I haven’t put them in play on course due to the rain her in SoCal today, I did what every WRXer would do and hit the putting green and short game area of my local course during a small window of no rain. This years model of TP5x feels noticeably softer off of the putter and chips and pitches. I know they are pushing a ball speed increase with this years release but if I can just get last years model with a softer feel that’s a huge upgrade for me. If any of the ball speed gains pan out, that’s just a bonus!
    Ping G410 LST 9* Accra TZ5 75 M5
    Taylormade M3 3HL Kuro Kage DC XT 80TX
    Titleist 915h 3H AD DI 105X
    Mizuno MP-18 MMC 4-9 Nippon Modus 120x
    Titleist Vokey SM6 46* Nippon Modus 120x
    Titleist Vokey SM7 50*F, 54*S
    Taylormade Hi-Toe 58* Raw 
    Piretti Matera Elite
    Taylormade TP5
  • jwb10jwb10 Major Winner MarsMembers Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited Feb 16, 2019 8:42am #411
    Started on October 9. Never has TM teased us this long. OK, as I said then, what da'ya think, WRXers ? image/telephone.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':telephone:' /> image/download.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':download:' /> image/idhitit.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':idhitit:' />
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Ripper859Ripper859 Northern Kentucky / CincinnatiMembers Posts: 105 ✭✭✭

Ive been playing the TP5 since this range came out a couple of years ago. While the TP5X performance suits my game slightly better, I could not get past the plastic feel off the putter and short game shots. I picked up a dozen TP5x today and while I haven’t put them in play on course due to the rain her in SoCal today, I did what every WRXer would do and hit the putting green and short game area of my local course during a small window of no rain. This years model of TP5x feels noticeably softer off of the putter and chips and pitches. I know they are pushing a ball speed increase with this years release but if I can just get last years model with a softer feel that’s a huge upgrade for me. If any of the ball speed gains pan out, that’s just a bonus!

Interesting observation. In this release the compression has been raised significantly.
  • CrazyCoolieCrazyCoolie Members Posts: 39 ✭✭
    Ok on a trackman today. The ball feels harder. And I have about 4yds in my 7 iron. I did notice a higher ball flight by about 10ft ish. Oh it was a tp5x. I hit it side by side with new/old
  • GOLF4373GOLF4373 Members Posts: 289 ✭✭✭✭

Ok on a trackman today. The ball feels harder. And I have about 4yds in my 7 iron. I did notice a higher ball flight by about 10ft ish. Oh it was a tp5x. I hit it side by side with new/old

How were the spin numbers? I couldn’t tell because I didn’t hit it side by side with another ball yesterday but seemed like it was a really low spin ball, possibly too low to be a real “tour” ball. More like an avx. Disclaimer is that I was playing a course I never play and was in a huge hurry so like I said, there was nothing side by side and it’s possible the greens just weren’t receptive. I should also say that the first tp5x is the best ball I’ve ever played. Just went to the srixon xv recently because they’re 18$ a dozen but I lost a half club in the mid irons and a full club in the long irons and the flight is so much weaker for me in the long clubs that in the wind I realize how good the tp5x really is.
  • UnderParfectUnderParfect Farmington Hills MIMembers Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    I got my sleeve of the 2019 tp5x today. I have a large indoor putting green that I can chip onto also. The 2019 has a more muted sound/feel off the putter face (Spider Tour Black) than the last version. The last version had a little more click sound to it. Chipping I could not feel or hear a difference. This is all indoors, for me the sound and feel always change when I get out on a real green, but being in Michigan we are still a few months out until I can get a full feel for it.
    Titleist TS3 10.5 Evenflow White 65g 6.0
    Titleist TS2 16.5 Evenflow White 75g 6.0
    Titleist 915H 18 & 24 - Dia Blue 70S
    Titleist 716 AP2 5-PW - Steelfiber i95 Stiff
    Vokey SM5 49, 54, 59 - Steelfiber i125 Stiff
    Taylormade Tour Spider Black T-Line / SS GT1.0 CC
    Titleist 2019 ProV1x
  • CrazyCoolieCrazyCoolie Members Posts: 39 ✭✭
    GOLF4373 wrote:

How were the spin numbers? I couldn’t tell because I didn’t hit it side by side with another ball yesterday but seemed like it was a really low spin ball, possibly too low to be a real “tour” ball. More like an avx. Disclaimer is that I was playing a course I never play and was in a huge hurry so like I said, there was nothing side by side and it’s possible the greens just weren’t receptive. I should also say that the first tp5x is the best ball I’ve ever played. Just went to the srixon xv recently because they’re 18$ a dozen but I lost a half club in the mid irons and a full club in the long irons and the flight is so much weaker for me in the long clubs that in the wind I realize how good the tp5x really is.

The spin numbers seemed pretty much the same. I am a higher spinning type of swinger. And tbh I was more focused on the carry distance and really only was hitting a 7 iron. The only driver I did was with sst I was doing. But my 7 was carrying 4-5 yards more and about 10ft higher apex. The spin was in mid 6k range.
    edited Feb 16, 2019 5:23pm #417
    Breezy-3- wrote:

Ive been playing the TP5 since this range came out a couple of years ago. While the TP5X performance suits my game slightly better, I could not get past the plastic feel off the putter and short game shots. I picked up a dozen TP5x today and while I haven't put them in play on course due to the rain her in SoCal today, I did what every WRXer would do and hit the putting green and short game area of my local course during a small window of no rain. This years model of TP5x feels noticeably softer off of the putter and chips and pitches. I know they are pushing a ball speed increase with this years release but if I can just get last years model with a softer feel that's a huge upgrade for me. If any of the ball speed gains pan out, that's just a bonus!

Bought a dozen of the 2019 TP5x for testing (along with Prov1 and Prov1x) and have the same opinion about the new ball as you did with the older version. The TP5x feels awful and the only way I can describe it is its it has that AVX sound at impact with the putter and wedges and I don't like it. If the older Tp5x was even a harder feel than the 19 model no wonder reviews were so bad. Other that my opinion on feel its a great ball but between the TP5 and TP5x I would pick the TP5 every time. FYI for those wondering, all three balls I have been testing (2019 Prov1, 2019, Prov1x, and TP5x) are awesome performers. Only two rounds in with my tests but they are equal off the tee and fairly equal off my long and mid irons. Short irons I give the edge to Prov1x with spin but its not enough to matter. Going to come down to putter and chipping feel for me and will be between the Prov1 and TP5 I think.

TLDR cant go wrong with any of these balls as they are all awesome!
  • dre72dre72 Members Posts: 493 ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone compared the 2019 Tp5 to the previous generation Tp5/TP5x. Looking for info on distance and spin off the driver and spin around the green.

• MahamiltoMahamilto NYCMembers Posts: 1,955 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 2 YouTube reviews I can find.

One showed the new TP5x is longer off the tee than the old. Spin was the virtually the same but ball speed was up and accounted for the gains.

The other video only showed 7 irons. The spin on the new ball was about 800 less and therefore the ball went about 6 yards longer, and a bit higher. So it held the green the same.

Assuming the short game is on par with the other X balls around, the new TP5x could be a real winner.
    Titleist TS3 - 9.75* - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5 (C1 Setting, STD Fade)
    Titleist U510 1-iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5
    Titleist 716 T-MB 3 and 4-iron - KBS C-Taper 130x
    Titleist 716 T-MB 5-9-iron - DG AMT x100
    Titleist 718 AP2 PW, 50* - DG AMT x100
    Titleist SM7 55* S-Grind - DG AMT x100
    Titleist SM3 60.07 - DG Tour Issue x100
    Evnroll ER6-B
    Bridgestone Tour B X
    Titleist Staff Stand Bag
  • King_CareyKing_Carey Members Posts: 34 ✭✭
    I had my first round with the new TP5x on the weekend, summer down here in Oz, so perfect conditions.

I've played the last version a lot, so I have a good understanding of the characteristics.

It played very similar to the old model from tee, long irons and mid irons. I found the new model to have a little more spin with full wedges into the green and had better green side spin than the previous model.

I have never had a problem with either version feeling 'clicky' off the putter, the new model was perhaps a fraction firmer off the putter, but not alot.

I think overall this is an improvement, I thought the previous model lacked a little green side spin (i ended up with the Bridgestone BSX) however the new TP5x gives me that now....

This a great improvement overall...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file