PGA Championship may move due to coronavirus

monty09

disagree....i think the severity of this is being underestimated by many. you seem to want to wait around for this to get really bad before any action is taken. i think this is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better. i'm not saying the media doesn't have an agenda or that they aren't spinning stories as usual for clicks, but this virus is highly contagious, a lower death rate than the flu can lead to many many more deaths if the number infected is much higher. there is no reason we shouldn't be shutting down events where large numbers of people attend. good on the ncaa.

Ping G400 LST 10 w/ Hzrdus Black 6.0 75g
TM M2 3HL w/ Rogue Black 70 S
Cobra F8 19*
J15CB w/ Modus 120X 4-P
Cleveland RTX3 CB 50 54 58
TM Spider Tour Black w/ T-sightline 36" 

I remember H1N1 being a pretty big deal. I had friends quarantined during that.

I dont recall sporting events being canceled, but maybe they should have been.

I'd rather err on the side of caution. History shows markets rebound strong after pandemics so going on lockdown for 3-6 months isnt a big deal in the grand scheme

• Like 1

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

The South Korea data is actually 0.84% now and only 5% of cases have been resolved. There a couple good reasons to explain their low rate as well. One is 62% are women - who are about half as likely to die so far - and the other is only 22% are above the age of 60 and 60% are under 50 - the numbers get very serious over the age of 60. The other reason is they have done insane contact testing staying well ahead of the virus. No other country with a large amount of cases has been able to do this. China has 80% of their cases resolved after their well publicized draconian response and their mortality rate is about 4% which seeing how things are going in the Western world seems the best we can hope for. Italy is even worse at 6.6%, but they haven't done as much testing as the other two countries, so we have to take the rate with a grain of salt. Still they pretty much just shut down their entire economy within 3 weeks after the first death.

Im jumping on the NYC subway tomorrow. Listen to some Yo-Yo Ma. Get my patented egg, cheese, turkey bacon wrap (with a hash brown inside!) at my favorite deli. Always get one after “leg day” ; ) Then I go press the elevator buttons with my elbows. Wash my hands. Go around touching everything and then eat some Cheerios out of the box. Then wash my hands.

Worry about touching things. Then forget and touch things.

Go to the gym and touch all kinds of corona virus weights.

Get back in corona subway and go home and wash my hands.

But everyone be careful out there ; )

Golfnutgalen Mar 11, 2020The South Korea data is actually 0.84% now and only 5% of cases have been resolved. There a couple good reasons to explain their low rate as well. One is 62% are women - who are about half as likely to die so far - and the other is only 22% are above the age of 60 and 60% are under 50 - the numbers get very serious over the age of 60. The other reason is they have done insane contact testing staying well ahead of the virus. No other country with a large amount of cases has been able to do this. China has 80% of their cases resolved after their well publicized draconian response and their mortality rate is about 4% which seeing how things are going in the Western world seems the best we can hope for. Italy is even worse at 6.6%, but they haven't done as much testing as the other two countries, so we have to take the rate with a grain of salt. Still they pretty much just shut down their entire economy within 3 weeks after the first death.

You're conflating the statistics. They didn't selectively pick women and people under that age of 60. They are (so far) the only country that has done sweeping and massive testing. If you want to selectively interpret the data, I can do that too: More people smoke in China, Italy and Korea and it disproportionately affects those with respiratory illnesses.

The rate predicted in the model from the guy Rogan had on today, again hes just a guy but is an expert in the field, was consistent with what you suggested earlier...0.5%

That is as you say, low but still something we should all worry about if there will be millions and millions of cases

He did also say the US would have their own unique risk factors, such as very high rates of obesity

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I don't think I am. And did you read my post, the number in South Korea is currently 0.84% with the vast majority of their confirmed cases unresolved. If you want to disregard the age data you can, though China, Italy, and Korea's stats show that age seems to be the most important indicator for lethality. There's a good reason for the cases being so young in Korea and that is because to start out with most were young women associated with that Christian cult. Anyway, that means absolute best case scenario everyone else recovers it is still 0.84%. Only China and South Korea have done truly widespread testing which is why I highlighted them in my post. China's figures are about 1% outside of the epicenter in Hubei which might give people a sigh of relief, but that number was only achievable with extreme quarantine measures. Hubei itself is 6% and still locked down after nearly 2 months.

That’s the part that kills me. The news blurbs.

all during local programming , they ran commercials saying “ caution elderly ... corona virus now world ride pandemic , see us at 11 for details on how to avoid contact , and how to be ready to self quarantine “.

this crap ^ is what causes a run on toilet paper and water. I actually saw a guy selling toilet paper out of a trailer on the side of the road today. I don’t know why I didn’t take a picture. Was just too shocked I guess. Told wife and she says that ladies she works with says store by her was out. That sort of thing is just crazy to me. 2 confirmed cases in the state 8 possibles under quarantine and people think they need to prepare for doomsday. And TP is going to save them. ?‍♂️

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Golfnutgalen Mar 11, 2020There's a good reason for the cases being so young in Korea and that is because to start out with most were young women associated with that Christian cult

See, you're doing it again. That's not how statistical sampling works. "to start out with"? Really?

And I'm not disregarding the data, I was the one that highlighted that South Korea is the one country with a large statistical sample in which to validate the data. Look, we can go back and forth on this all day. The reason Wuhan province has/had a higher death rate was because they don't have enough ventilators and their palliative care was an evolving science.

I don’t know this first hand. But a Doc who travels to China and volunteers cataract surgeries every year said To me today , that their hospital settings are more similar to the US in 1920 than today in all but the largest cities. Anecdotal for sure. But I don’t know why he’d lie about it. Has to have factored in to death toll.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

Not sure if this has been posted here yet or not.

It's worth reading, and certainly worth scanning if you're just too busy. Coronavirus: Why You Must Act Now

You can quibble with some of his numbers, assumptions and details but I think the big picture is correct enough.

This thing is already here. It's spreading quickly, We have no idea how many cases there are because confirmed number lag reported numbers by a couple of weeks (and USA has hardly tested anyone yet - so you can't confirm if you don't test).

Wash your hands well and often and expand your social distance. That's relatively cheap and easy to do.

This can and will grow rapidly until stern measures are taken, like those in Wuhan, S Korea and Italy. It's already spreading all over Europe. Every day of action or inaction counts. S Korea is (was?) testing more people every 4 hours as the USA has tested so far since the outbreak began in early January. How TF is that possible??????

• Like 1

I have some pretty eye opening experiences in a Chinese hospital. I wasn't around in the 1920s so I cannot compare. I'm guessing that comparison is quite exaggerated. In some ways the hospital was cleaner, but certainly it doesn't give that impression when many of the buildings are older or do not have a lot of interior decoration. Just the volume of people make a NYC hospital look relatively empty. And don't even get me started about how you pay cash for everything - not a few bills, like a 5 inch stack of RMB notes. It's a shocking system, but it works. I was at the leading cancer hospital in the Country and it had all the latest tech, top surgeons. People traveled from all over China just to go there. Much of the process was nothing like the U.S., but again, it works, for literally thousands of patients every day.

I handed the gal at Mickey D's this morning my debit card. And as I was feeling friendly and hoping for some needed good karma I handed her my credit card to pay for the lady in behind me in the drive-thru. (They can't scan the same card on back-to-back orders without manager over-ride.) Then I ate my biscuit with the same hands that handled the card from the lady at the drive through that handled who know's how many other people's cash and cards this morning.

And even with that, statistically the riskiest behaviour I engaged in this morning was either driving to work or taking a shower. Most accidents occur in the home and the leading cause of death in the home is fall. Washing the bottom of my feet in my tiny stall shower is a life and death feat (no pun intended).

• Like 1

Italy recorded 244 deaths during the entire so called swine flu pandemic. This time around it's been less than 1 1/2 months since their first confirmed case and they've already recorded 827 deaths and had their supposedly 2nd best in the world health care system overwhelmed. That's what is freaking people out. And France and Spain have the same trend with deaths and cases about 10 days behind.

Take a look at the rest of Europe's numbers for that 2009 season. The highest death figure in the European Union was 474 in the UK: https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/seasonal-influenza/2009-influenza-h1n1-faq

You can compare that to the ongoing figures for this covid-19 pandemic: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019%E2%80%9320_coronavirus_pandemic_by_country_and_territory

Looking at the timeline on wiki it took 6 months (April to October) for the swine flu to hit the same global death toll as this coronavirus today. And that's with almost no measures taken to slow down the spread back in 2009.