2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Pure745's 2014 Shootout - Update 6/15/14

Pure745

[quote name='Redjeep83' timestamp='1398992959' post='9214879']
[quote name='PingDrv00' timestamp='1398992476' post='9214813']
Why can't we just appreciate the time and effort that Pure out into this thread, and the shoot out. It makes absolutely no sense for anyone to critique his review or process. He was not paid to do it, and did it on his own accord, and was nice enough to share the results.
[/quote]

I appreciate it for taking the time to write it up, I just see these all the time. I think it will benefit the guys swinging 115+, rest no so much besides a nice read. Ive bought speeder TS shafts/low spinning/launching shafts and tour heads after reading these kind of write ups only to find that I had no business playing it. Couldnt feel the head, couldnt load the shaft, lost distance ball flight too low etc. You need to be swinging 115+ for this kind of equipment and the average joe needs to know that.
[/quote]

Don't feel bad nothing you said was offensive we just have some very sensitive people on this board who take things way too seriously. I get what your saying and your right this thread won't help you in fact it won't help most people as they don't have that kind of swing speed or specific swing. Remember shafts load differently based on swing characteristics. But a lot of hard work went into it and i know it's always fun to test driver setups.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='J13' timestamp='1398994845' post='9215143']
Why can't we just appreciate the time and effort that Pure out into this thread, and the shoot out. It makes absolutely no sense for anyone to critique his review or process. He was not paid to do it, and did it on his own accord, and was nice enough to share the results.
[/quote]

I appreciate it for taking the time to write it up, I just see these all the time. I think it will benefit the guys swinging 115+, rest no so much besides a nice read. Ive bought speeder TS shafts/low spinning/launching shafts and tour heads after reading these kind of write ups only to find that I had no business playing it. Couldnt feel the head, couldnt load the shaft, lost distance ball flight too low etc. You need to be swinging 115+ for this kind of equipment and the average joe needs to know that.
[/quote]

Don't feel bad nothing you said was offensive we just have some very sensitive people on this board who take things way too seriously. I get what your saying and your right this thread won't help you in fact it won't help most people as they don't have that kind of swing speed or specific swing. Remember shafts load differently based on swing characteristics. But a lot of hard work went into it and i know it's always fun to test driver setups.
[/quote]

thank you

I think the point of the thread is that a thorough fitting is key to get the most out of your equipment. I don't have a nuclear swing speed either, but I was able to come up with some combos worth trying. That as well as the entertainment value was well worth the read.

Driver. RBZ Tour TP 9 Kaili 70x
Three Wood: RBZ Tour TP 14.5 RIP Beta 70
Hybrid: Adams Super LS 19 Kuro Kage
Irons: TaylorMade 2014 CB 4,5, MC 6-PW
Putter: Odyssey Protype Black #9
Wedges: Vokey 53/10 and 59/7

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can you please point me to where you "see these all the time", what other club review threads on this board are this in depth and share this much information? If you think a guy with a 105 SS can't read this thread and obtain valuable information to help with his next purchase than you are sadly mistaken. Most of the information shared by Pure can be useful to anyone of any handicap. Here are some things that I think can help you and will not alter that much with a change in SS.

1) Many of the heads perform close to the same
2) One head is much lower launch/ spin
3) One head is much higher launch/ spin
4) Many shafts perform close to the same
5) Get fit outdoors on Trackman
6) $700 Rouge is not the end all be all
7) SLDR can be played at higher loft
8) Cool Clubs is a top notch operation

Hope that helps....

Pure, congrats on getting a front page story! I know some people aren't appreciative of it but I think most of us appreciate the hard work and thought it was really worthwhile to read and follow.

Titleist 917D2 10.5˚ - GD Tour AD TP-6
Titleist 915F 15˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
Titleist 915F 18˚ - Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 70
Titleist 816H1 21˚ - GD Tour AD HY 85
Nike VRS Forged 5-PW - Project X PXi
Vokey SM6 Raw 50F, 55S, 60V
Scotty Cameron 009 SSS

Pure's intention wasn't to sell us anything
He didn't win this
He wasn't asked to do it
He did it because he's a stand up member & had the time and put forth the effort to share w us - BECAUSE HE WANTED TO

he has said multiple times that this May not be the best set up for anyone but HIMSELF
Plain and simple- you don't like it, don't wanna read it, that's cool.....go spread ur pearls of wisdom elsewhere

PING G425 LST 9* | Kuro Kage TiNi DC 60 X
Taylormade M2 15* | RIP Beta 70 X

Callaway XHP 21* | RIP Alpha 90 X
*** Irons: OPEN *** 

Cleveland RTX 4 52/56* (mid) | DGS400
Titleist Vokey SM8 60*K | DGS400
Scotty Cameron Special Select FB 5.5 35"

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1398821382' post='9200269']
[quote name='bjno1300' timestamp='1398821245' post='9200255']
Pure great review again!! Loved checking back each day to see your results. Couple of questions hit the 460 briefly last week at demo day. Loved it. Fitter was booked but was getting me squared away on side and di-7x in 10.5head bumped up a notch or 2 won the eye test. Now just gotta tune it in with him next Friday at my appointment. I am just curious about the BB. I would be skeptical buying without trying but I'm not sure he will have one. What's your advice on that since you've had so much time with both shafts. Also how's it going with the sldr 3 wood? I wanted to hit it the other day with the DI in it but didn't have a chance. I would like to hit with di and bb. Thanks again pure.
[/quote]

I found the DI and BB to both be really good in the SLDR. I would say the DI was a little straighter, but the BB had lower spin and launch.. both feel really great. You might also want to give the MT a try while you are at it.. I found it to be somewhat in the middle of the two.
[/quote]

You by chance ever hit a ad di in a 430 head?

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1398998698' post='9215613']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Can you please point me to where you "see these all the time", what other club review threads on this board are this in depth and share this much information? If you think a guy with a 105 SS can't read this thread and obtain valuable information to help with his next purchase than you are sadly mistaken. Most of the information shared by Pure can be useful to anyone of any handicap. Here are some things that I think can help you and will not alter that much with a change in SS.

1) Many of the heads perform close to the same
2) One head is much lower launch/ spin
3) One head is much higher launch/ spin
4) Many shafts perform close to the same
5) Get fit outdoors on Trackman
6) $700 Rouge is not the end all be all
7) SLDR can be played at higher loft
8) Cool Clubs is a top notch operation

Hope that helps....
[/quote]

I actually think your not helping. Let it go already and let people enjoy the thread.

Titleist TSR3 8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

Titleist TSR2+ / Fuji Ventus Black TR 7X               

Callaway UW / Fuji Ventu Black 8X

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel PROTO

Tai what is your take on Oban shafts? Since I was recently fit into the Kiyoshi Gold I have since been thinking about getting a Purple also to compare. I love the smooth feel of it so far. Have you ever tested Oban compared to others head to head?

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

Tai,
Thanks for the time and effort to compile the information as accurately as possible. Despite any criticism, taking a bit of effort to objectively look at data does provide a guideline to temper some expectations of particular combinations, even for lower swing speeds. The information you provided on certain feels, based on your interpretation, as well as empirical data on peak height, angle of descent, and dispersion were particularly useful. Thanks for your continued contributions to the forum.

Titleist TSR2 10* (d4 surefit) Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.2s
Titleist 904f 17* YS7+s
Titleist 962b 3-pw s300
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 52* s400
Cleveland zipcore tour rack custom 58* s400
Ping Zing2 BeCu

Wow.. I am just now reading this. Finding out this thread made the front page of WRX was a great breath of fresh air while I was at work.. and then I come on here to read some posts from certain members that in the end, were not surprising to read at all. The point of this thread is not to brag about speed, distance, or numbers - rather just for pure transparency for those to see (and poke holes in, if you wish). I am outdriven regularly at my course, and have been beat by guys that hit the ball much shorter than I do, so trust me when I tell you, I don't care how far I hit the ball.. I just try to play the best golf I can, and use the best equipment I can find to help me do so. I was not asked by GolfWRX to write this, and I am honored to have it on the front page.. this is the third year I have done one of these "Shootouts" and if opening this thread bugs you SO much, please just click onto another thread - no one is forcing you to read this.

Now.. back to the topic :drinks:

[quote name='ThunderBuzzworth' timestamp='1399002665' post='9216041']
Tai what is your take on Oban shafts? Since I was recently fit into the Kiyoshi Gold I have since been thinking about getting a Purple also to compare. I love the smooth feel of it so far. Have you ever tested Oban compared to others head to head?
[/quote]

I generally never really got along with Oban shafts, there has always been better options for me. The one I do like a lot is the Kiyoshi White. It feels great and launches pretty low with low spin, I believe the torque is also the lowest or one of the lowest in their lineup. It should be lower/lower than your Kiyoshi Gold, but if you're not chasing low/low, I have also heard the Kiyoshi Black is good.. and the Tour Prototype is definitely on my radar. I'm chasing dispersion right now without sacrificing length, I lucked out that the Rogue as one of the tightest dispersions for me, and is also the longest. What were the top shafts for you before settling on the KG at the SLDR event?

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

I don't mean that in a bad way and don't want to start to argue - but stop complaining guys...think a bit open minded and try to think how much time, effort and money Tai invested in this thread just to share it with us, not more not less - and that's what's it all about here on WRX.
You don't get offhandedly on the front page - you earn it!
Concrats Tai because YOU earn it!

TaylorMade M2 2016, 8.0* UST ATTAS GoGo 5 6X
TaylorMade SLDR 14.3* UST Chrome 8FT5
Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 18* Speeder TS HB 9.8X
Srixon Z 765 4-PW Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S
Titleist SM6 50F, 56M, 60K Kuro Kage TiNi LBP 105TX
Evnroll ER2

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/921839-first-witb-guess-where-im-from/"]WITB Link[/url]

[color=#ff0000][size=6][i]Clean up aisle 4[/i][/size][/color]

Looks like we cleaned this thread up. It is very common for some to compare instead of identify. If you feel you want to comment on how you cant compare with Tai, or his swing spec or anyother reason.... try a different topic or thread.

Please stay on topic and join the conversation if you have something that you identify with.

[quote name='swizbeatz' timestamp='1398984282' post='9214039']
Back on track, Pure if there is one thing you could change or redo what would it be? I'm thinking maybe manufacturer you didn't try or something like that. Where would the 913 fit in, behind the Sldr and Callaway but ahead of everything else? Assume you hit the Callaway decent enough if you got it on the course.
[/quote]

I'm not sure what I would change, from some of the comments I have read, I think that some are not picking up on the fact that this was NOT a fitting. Just a Trackman data session, and a pretty extensive one at that. This year I think has had some amazing drivers released, I have been surprised by a few for both good and bad reasons. I do want to try the Cobra offerings, just to see how they stack up, and the 913, just for the sake of showing the data. In my experience and what I have seen with a few friends who have went to the SLDR from 913, the 913 spins way more on mishits and is overall higher spinning with lower lofted head. I still think the 913 is one of the best lines made, so don't get me wrong, but some of these new clubs offer a lot more distance if you can find a dispersion you are happy with.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1399010972' post='9216367']
[/quote]

I generally never really got along with Oban shafts, there has always been better options for me. The one I do like a lot is the Kiyoshi White. It feels great and launches pretty low with low spin, I believe the torque is also the lowest or one of the lowest in their lineup. It should be lower/lower than your Kiyoshi Gold, but if you're not chasing low/low, I have also heard the Kiyoshi Black is good.. and the Tour Prototype is definitely on my radar. I'm chasing dispersion right now without sacrificing length, I lucked out that the Rogue as one of the tightest dispersions for me, and is also the longest. What were the top shafts for you before settling on the KG at the SLDR event?
[/quote]

Thanks for the hard work Tai, I always look forward to reading your unbiased opinions on clubs. I think I may have asked you this before, but have you hit any of the ATTAS 3, 4U, 5 shafts?

I was fit into the Kiyoshi Black at Sawgrass but also hit the Kiyoshi White extensively. I preferred the feel of the White to the Black. The White felt more stout/stable in my hands and while swinging. The Black I could feel kick more through impact and it felt smoother than the White. I prefer the more stable feel of the White, however the Black was giving me an extra 20 yards total over the White and the BB 6X and there was no real difference in dispersion. I was able to hit the Proto and the new Blue Tour Ltd the other day, but the shafts were untipped 04 flex in a Fast 12 LS and playing 1.25" too long for me, the only real critique I can give is that the Blue felt smoother than the Proto but spin and launch were way up with the Blue.

Via Obanshafts.com
White:effectively combine a softer butt section with a stiff tip and mid-section for unprecedented shaft performance.
Black: offers a low spin rate, but provides a lower ball flight by raising the kick point of the shaft. Players with a quicker tempo and heavy load will benefit from the Kiyoshi Black

The ATTAS 4U I sold just before going to Sawgrass felt like a combo of the White and Black to me, firm in the hands but with a nice kick at impact, I really would have liked to see my numbers with the 4U in the Vr Ltd head. @Thunder, did you ever hit Paranormal's Nike with the ATTAS 3?

Cobra LTDx LS Diamana B 70
TEE CB4 Tour 15° Attas T2
SLDR 3H Speeder HB 9.8

Honma TW 737 P 4 iron
Honma TR 20V 5-PW PX LS
Vokey SM7 52° & 58°
Tour Issue Toulon Austin

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1399010972' post='9216367']Wow.. I am just now reading this. Finding out this thread made the front page of WRX was a great breath of fresh air while I was at work.. and then I come on here to read some posts from certain members that in the end, were not surprising to read at all. The point of this thread is not to brag about speed, distance, or numbers - rather just for pure transparency for those to see (and poke holes in, if you wish). I am outdriven regularly at my course, and have been beat by guys that hit the ball much shorter than I do, so trust me when I tell you, I don't care how far I hit the ball.. I just try to play the best golf I can, and use the best equipment I can find to help me do so. I was not asked by GolfWRX to write this, and I am honored to have it on the front page.. this is the third year I have done one of these "Shootouts" and if opening this thread bugs you SO much, please just click onto another thread - no one is forcing you to read this.

Now.. back to the topic :drinks:

[/quote]

I generally never really got along with Oban shafts, there has always been better options for me. The one I do like a lot is the Kiyoshi White. It feels great and launches pretty low with low spin, I believe the torque is also the lowest or one of the lowest in their lineup. It should be lower/lower than your Kiyoshi Gold, but if you're not chasing low/low, I have also heard the Kiyoshi Black is good.. and the Tour Prototype is definitely on my radar. I'm chasing dispersion right now without sacrificing length, I lucked out that the Rogue as one of the tightest dispersions for me, and is also the longest. What were the top shafts for you before settling on the KG at the SLDR event?[/quote]

My top shafts before settling on the Gold there were the Diamana Kaili in a very close second and then a more distant 3rd would have been the AD DI. I still want to experiment with a low/low shaft in the 12* head. My current setting is the 12* 430 SLDR set all the way open to play 10.5* and the slide piece set all the way to the toe. If I played the head on standard loft with the slide piece at the toe still I think I could find a match in a low/low shaft.

My one and only gripe with the fitting at Reynolds was that they didn't treat my fitting as a fresh start.. Meaning they based the shaft choices on what I already had instead of trying a range of shafts. When they saw me hit my Ilima they figured high launching shafts were the way to go but when my fitter at home blueprinted my Ilima, the profile was almost exactly the same as a Kaili due to the amount of tipping that was done to it. I still have some questions. Even though I saw gains, I think I may have been able to get my spin lower.

Your SLDR shaft tests are what I payed the closest attention to. The variation in numbers has piqued my interest. Now I just need some funds to do my own test on a smaller scale haha.

Current WITB

BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

I must have missed all the crazy before it got cleaned up. I don't understand how people here couldn't appreciate the numbers. I didn't even look at the distances as being showy or anything abnormal really. 314 is long, but conditions, hit, smash, etc. could all factor and is great, plus your swing speed is high. I looked at it purely from the numbers perspective and found it to be extremely helpful in how you reached your final decision on what to go with and put on the course. I thought this was easily the most informative review of the equipment you purchased with your own money and fit to yourself. I can appreciate that much and think it is incredible that you would even do this, more than I would do. The only thing I'm still reeling about is that the Nike is that bad. I don't know how to console myself on that issue... :censored2::(

Taylormade M1 460 - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 fairway - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 hybrids 4&5 - Aldila Rouge 110
Taylormade PSi Tour irons - KBS Tour
Taylormade EF Wedges ATV Grind - KBS Wedge
Nike Method Mod 60

[quote name='NTKT10' timestamp='1399040786' post='9217759'][quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1399010972' post='9216367']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for the hard work Tai, I always look forward to reading your unbiased opinions on clubs. I think I may have asked you this before, but have you hit any of the ATTAS 3, 4U, 5 shafts?

I was fit into the Kiyoshi Black at Sawgrass but also hit the Kiyoshi White extensively. I preferred the feel of the White to the Black. The White felt more stout/stable in my hands and while swinging. The Black I could feel kick more through impact and it felt smoother than the White. I prefer the more stable feel of the White, however the Black was giving me an extra 20 yards total over the White and the BB 6X and there was no real difference in dispersion. I was able to hit the Proto and the new Blue Tour Ltd the other day, but the shafts were untipped 04 flex in a Fast 12 LS and playing 1.25" too long for me, the only real critique I can give is that the Blue felt smoother than the Proto but spin and launch were way up with the Blue.

Via Obanshafts.com
White:effectively combine a softer butt section with a stiff tip and mid-section for unprecedented shaft performance.
Black: offers a low spin rate, but provides a lower ball flight by raising the kick point of the shaft. Players with a quicker tempo and heavy load will benefit from the Kiyoshi Black

The ATTAS 4U I sold just before going to Sawgrass felt like a combo of the White and Black to me, firm in the hands but with a nice kick at impact, I really would have liked to see my numbers with the 4U in the Vr Ltd head. @Thunder, did you ever hit
Paranormal's Nike with the ATTAS 3?

No I never hit his. I hit his 8 iron but not the driver or anything else

[/quote]

Current WITB

BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

[quote name='chriscolon41' timestamp='1399048360' post='9218579']
I have a general question regarding heavier heads that are offered stock with counterbalanced shafts (Nike, PING) - How does it impact feel / performance when using aftermarket shafts that are not counterbalanced? Will that make them play more like D5 or even heavier vs the D2 or lighter they were designed to play?
[/quote]

That's a great question. The driver I had the biggest issue with was the Nike Covert 2.0, I had the Speeder 661 tipped to CPM the same as the other shafts I tested (it required more tipping). I remember hearing that the new Speeder line had a more of a parallel section in the tip to allow for further tipping with heavier heads, but still was just not finding the face as consistently as I was with everything else. When I hit the Nike or OTR SLDR's in the past with heavy heads, I really did notice that it felt like more mass at impact, but I felt that timing/tempo were not as consistent. Also, I wasn't having the issues with the heavier head in the SLDR like I was in the Nike.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='NTKT10' timestamp='1399040786' post='9217759']

Via Obanshafts.com

The ATTAS 4U I sold just before going to Sawgrass felt like a combo of the White and Black to me, firm in the hands but with a nice kick at impact, I really would have liked to see my numbers with the 4U in the Vr Ltd head. @Thunder, did you ever hit Paranormal's Nike with the ATTAS 3?
[/quote]

I have not hit any of the ATTAS shafts, although I have heard really great things about the "Go-Go" shaft. I have hit the Elements Chrome, but would need to hit it again in the proper flex to give any input of value. I agree with your thoughts on the KW vs. KB, 20 yard pickup with the KB makes that one a no brainer!

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

What would be awesome would be getting a dozen or so consistent hitters in each flex category to get together for a shootout. OEMs can supply heads, shaft OEMs can supply shafts for each adapter and flex. That way, you get feedback from people that may have more lag, or a smoother swing v. aggressive swing. At the end, donate the equipment to first tee or something similar.

Tai gave excellent feedback on the shafts and heads involved, and that was out of his own pocket. Imagine what he could have found out with other club and shaft companies bringing in their best to throw into the ring. We can make the 2015 shootout even bigger or better.

Mizuno ST200G 9° / Aldila Synergy Black Proto 75-TX   
TC Callaway XHot 3DEEP 13° / Graphite Design DI-10 TX

TC Callaway X2Hot 5DEEP 18.5° bent to 17° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10x

Callaway X-Forged UT 21° / Fujikura Ventus Black 10-TX

Callaway X-Forged UT 25° / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Raw Mizuno MP-32 6-PW / Nippon Super Peening Blue X hs1x 

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 50.08F / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 54.12D / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped

Titleist Vokey SM8 Black 58.14K / Nippon Super Peening Blue X Stage-stepped
Mizuno M-Craft I Blue Ion 365g / Stability Shaft

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1399051873' post='9218925']
[quote name='NTKT10' timestamp='1399040786' post='9217759']

Via Obanshafts.com

[/quote]

I have not hit any of the ATTAS shafts, although I have heard really great things about the "Go-Go" shaft. I have hit the Elements Chrome, but would need to hit it again in the proper flex to give any input of value. I agree with your thoughts on the KW vs. KB, 20 yard pickup with the KB makes that one a no brainer!
[/quote]

I think if you hit anymore shafts, you might need a TARP loan from the Gov't

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1399058996' post='9219687']What would be awesome would be getting a dozen or so consistent hitters in each flex category to get together for a shootout. OEMs can supply heads, shaft OEMs can supply shafts for each adapter and flex. That way, you get feedback from people that may have more lag, or a smoother swing v. aggressive swing. At the end, donate the equipment to first tee or something similar.

Tai gave excellent feedback on the shafts and heads involved, and that was out of his own pocket. Imagine what he could have found out with other club and shaft companies bringing in their best to throw into the ring. We can make the 2015 shootout even bigger or better.[/quote]
I'm on board

Current WITB

BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

T-Buzz - I'm still pretty surprised that Kiyoshi Gold can hold up to your swing, and the Kai'li? No chance!

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1399089613' post='9222505']
T-Buzz - I'm still pretty surprised that Kiyoshi Gold can hold up to your swing, and the Kai'li? No chance!
[/quote]

I would like to see his Trackman club head numbers, he probably does an incredible job of decreasing loft at impact.

[quote name='stage1350' timestamp='1399058996' post='9219687']
What would be awesome would be getting a dozen or so consistent hitters in each flex category to get together for a shootout. OEMs can supply heads, shaft OEMs can supply shafts for each adapter and flex. That way, you get feedback from people that may have more lag, or a smoother swing v. aggressive swing. At the end, donate the equipment to first tee or something similar.

Tai gave excellent feedback on the shafts and heads involved, and that was out of his own pocket. Imagine what he could have found out with other club and shaft companies bringing in their best to throw into the ring. We can make the 2015 shootout even bigger or better.
[/quote]I like that idea!

TM R15 w/ Matrix 6m3 s
TM RBZ 15* w/ UST VTS silver 7x
Ping Rapture DI w/ Fuji Speeder 9.8 TS s
Ping s55 3-W w/ CFS x
Vokey SM5 52*, TVD 58* w/ s400
Piretti Cotton Wood II

SLDR Mini arrives tomorrow. I plan on getting it on the Trackman next week to get some numbers compared to my SLDR TS, perhaps also the 913 for the heck of it.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ