2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Post a Pic of Your Latest Purchase.......

dubogey

It definitely does remove some material, you’re essentially removing the “high” spots in the sanding process. I didn’t pull the shaft so I’m not sure about how much weight would have been lost. My searches before hand showed others have lost up to 5-7 grams in Refinishing, but I don’t think this putter lost that much, it’s possible though. This model has the removable weights so the weight loss isn’t it a big deal, it can be easily added back :)

yep...

BUT...

Those particular weights aren't sold by the Scotty Custom Shop anymore, just the new studio stock (not studio select) putters. I had a similar issue and wanted some new weights and you have to get 3rd party after market weights from China, which ain't bad, but it's not the authentic real deal Scotty weights... just FYI

Sun Mountain 2017 4.5 LS 4-way Stand Bag

PING Anser 11°, Graphite Design Tour AD Black Di-6-X

Titleist 915Fd 15° 3W, Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S

Wilson/Staff D-100 19° 3H, Matrix Ozik Altus 5.6-S

Adams Idea Black CB2 4-PW, KBS Tour 90-S

Nike VR Pro X3X 52/10 & 58/10, DG S400

Edel E-1

Thanks for the info, I didn’t know the CS weights were not available any more. I’ve got a couple sets of china ones that looks almost identical though, real ones on eBay cost more than I paid for the entire putter lol.

910D2 9.5*- RIP Alpha 70x
910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

I picked this up for my Son today, it will be a grading present in the spring for him. I got a really good deal on it from a guy on Kijiji, that’s why I got it now. Man does it ever feel odd buying right handed clubs haha. I’m gonna clean it a bit and remove the Honey Dip finish, it will look like brand new by the time he actually gets it :)

I don't want to be that guy but your putter doesn't look right to me....I think it's a fake

I picked this up for my Son today, it will be a grading present in the spring for him. I got a really good deal on it from a guy on Kijiji, that’s why I got it now. Man does it ever feel odd buying right handed clubs haha. I’m gonna clean it a bit and remove the Honey Dip finish, it will look like brand new by the time he actually gets it :)

I don't want to be that guy but your putter doesn't look right to me....I think it's a fake

Even if that turns out to be the case I don’t really care. I got it cheap and my son will love it anyways. He’ll never know the difference :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

Picked up a P790 3 iron to sit at the top end of my 718 AP2

Ended up in the stock DG105 rather than match the shaft to the PX LZ in my AP2’s as it was a £25 upcharge

Hit both the DG105 and Project X 6.0 but the PX just felt too heavy and I couldn’t elevate it

Hopefully it will be a good fit

This will replace my 3 iron UDi C-Taper Lite which strangely seemed to launch a lot higher than the DG105

9c47be725eec87b0c7c40c716247cd45.jpg

Just curious, what looks off about it? Nice restoration BTW pigems.

After doing some more research I believe you are correct. The location of the sun is off slightly, there are 9 humps of waves instead of 8, there are a few other minor differences between it and pictures I’ve looked at of real ones. As a Lefty I’ve never had to watch out for fake clubs, no one makes fake Lefty clubs. I’ll be more aware when buying clubs for him in the future. Luckily I didn’t pay much for it, thanks for the heads up.

On the bright side, my son is only plays golf 4-6 times a year so to him it will be as real a Scotty as any. :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

I picked this up for my Son today, it will be a grading present in the spring for him. I got a really good deal on it from a guy on Kijiji, that's why I got it now. Man does it ever feel odd buying right handed clubs haha. I'm gonna clean it a bit and remove the Honey Dip finish, it will look like brand new by the time he actually gets it :)

oh goodness yes, he's right, sorry Piggems... the tel tale sign, at least for me is the bird's right wing tip is not over the i in California. thats what the scotty custom shop told me when I inquired... at least for this del mar

Sun Mountain 2017 4.5 LS 4-way Stand Bag

PING Anser 11°, Graphite Design Tour AD Black Di-6-X

Titleist 915Fd 15° 3W, Aldila Rogue Black 80-2.8-S

Wilson/Staff D-100 19° 3H, Matrix Ozik Altus 5.6-S

Adams Idea Black CB2 4-PW, KBS Tour 90-S

Nike VR Pro X3X 52/10 & 58/10, DG S400

Edel E-1

I picked this up for my Son today, it will be a grading present in the spring for him. I got a really good deal on it from a guy on Kijiji, that's why I got it now. Man does it ever feel odd buying right handed clubs haha. I'm gonna clean it a bit and remove the Honey Dip finish, it will look like brand new by the time he actually gets it :)

oh goodness yes, he's right, sorry Piggems... the tel tale sign, at least for me is the bird's right wing tip is not over the i in California. thats what the scotty custom shop told me when I inquired... at least for this del mar

That was one of the things I noticed as well when I starting comparing it to real ones, also the positioning of the sun and the number of bumps in the waves. Oh well, ya can’t win’em all. It still made for a fun project, plus now I know I can clean up the top lines of my to LH Scottys :)

This is the one I have

This is a real one from eBay

It’s pretty close but not the same.

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

That was one of the things I noticed as well when I starting comparing it to real ones, also the positioning of the sun and the number of bumps in the waves. Oh well, ya can't win'em all. It still made for a fun project, plus now I know I can clean up the top lines of my to LH Scottys :)

This is the one I have

This is a real one from eBay

It's pretty close but not the same.

Looking good but I gotta tell ya, I kinda liked the beat up look. Had that "I've been around and seen a few things" mojo :-)

I've finally finished off my shift to Bridgestone with new wedges, a 52* & 58* (bent to 57*) shafted up with C-taper stiff....

[b]Srixon ZX7  Evenflow White Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* EvenFlow White Stiff
Titleist TS3 19* hybrid EvenFlow White X-stiff 90gm[/b]
[b]Srixon ZX7 4-PW  Stiff

[/b]
[b]Bettnardi  50*  KBS S+

Bettnardi  54*  KBS S+

Bettnardi 60* KBS S+

[/b]Putter: Bettinardi BB#11 Ball:[b]Srixon Z-Star XV[/b]

Found some wedges to go with the irons, first and last club purchase this year. Bag complete

How do you like that modern 8802? I keep looking for one a little cheaper than the Golf stores

Taylormade M4 tour 8.5*   Attas 4U 6X

Srixon Z H45  16*

Callaway Apex MB raw 4-PW  

Cleveland 588    52,60

Scotty Newport the art of putting

-----------------------------------------

I finished up the Replica Resto tonight with some Blue and White paint fill, I ended up just going over the whole thing again with 400 grit paper instead of bead blasting it. I couldn’t get the yellow finish off, because it’s a Replica and not a real SC it’s not really the SC Honey Dip finish that comes off easily, I let it sit in CLR for and hour and that didn’t do it, so I let it sit in industrial strength paint thinner for 15 minutes and even that didn’t take it off, I ended up having to sand anywhere I wanted to remove the finish so I left the face alone to leave the milling. He’s gonna love it being the die hard Leafs fan that he is :)

910f 17*- Diamana D+ 82x
910h 20* Hybrid - S400
712 CB 4i-Pw - S300
SM5 51*, 55*- S300
TVD 59* M - S300
Studio Select NP2

My Mizuno MP 60's have arrived

4 5 6 7 8 9 PW One Owner DGS300 must be original grips !!

Also an MP T 51, very nice and 56, well used and spare Chord Grips.

No browning or significant damage so a credit to previous owner !!

I made a comment ten days ago when my 14 GP Titleist grips arrived,

that i would look for some Titleist irons to match.....this is the outcome !!!!

So these will likely replace my J33 CB's i sold a year ago !!

Similar age, lofts.... you get the idea !!

Top row is 7 8 9 PW

2020 18 July mid winterNZ
Ping Rapture 2006 10.5
Nike VrS 3wood
Callaway Razr Edge5 wood

MP100=33 9876 5/mp63
54     RTX2
60     RTX2
ProPlatinum NewportTwo
2002 325gram +8.NewGrip
Dont hesitate to buy one!

My Mizuno MP 60's have arrived

4 5 6 7 8 9 PW One Owner DGS300 must be original grips !!

Also an MP T 51, very nice and 56, well used and spare Chord Grips.

No browning or significant damage so a credit to previous owner !!

I made a comment ten days ago when my 14 GP Titleist grips arrived,

that i would look for some Titleist irons to match.....this is the outcome !!!!

So these will likely replace my J33 CB's i sold a year ago !!

Similar age, lofts.... you get the idea !!

Top row is 7 8 9 PW

Nice scoop, I bagged both the j33cb’s and MP60’s back in the day. Now I have Titleist 712cb’s. Basically all the same irons. Never disliked any of them. Just like to change around things

Taylormade M4 tour 8.5*   Attas 4U 6X

Srixon Z H45  16*

Callaway Apex MB raw 4-PW  

Cleveland 588    52,60

Scotty Newport the art of putting

-----------------------------------------

Found some wedges to go with the irons, first and last club purchase this year. Bag complete

How do you like that modern 8802? I keep looking for one a little cheaper than the Golf stores

Really like it. Really suits my putting stroke and love the whole vintage feel of the club. Something about the head makes me zone in more when putting. Lovely headcover as well. Had actually went for the Ping 1966 Anser re release but they sent me two damaged putters in a row so pulled the plug on that one and opted for the Wilson instead. Only cost me £110 pounds and I can't see it leaving the bag for a very long time. If you can get your hands on one then go for it ?

I finished up the Replica Resto tonight with some Blue and White paint fill, I ended up just going over the whole thing again with 400 grit paper instead of bead blasting it. I couldnt get the yellow finish off, because its a Replica and not a real SC its not really the SC Honey Dip finish that comes off easily, I let it sit in CLR for and hour and that didnt do it, so I let it sit in industrial strength paint thinner for 15 minutes and even that didnt take it off, I ended up having to sand anywhere I wanted to remove the finish so I left the face alone to leave the milling. Hes gonna love it being the die hard Leafs fan that he is :)

Nice job!

I had sold off all of my vokeys as they were well worn and am holding out for the SM7's, but have been playing quite a bit in the simulators trying to keep the swing feel. Really was noticing the need for a wedge. Went into the local golf shop seeing what was on the used rack that I could pick up cheap, was really nothing used worth buying. He points me to their clearance rack of new clubs. There was a 56* Nike Engage was originally 120$, marked 50% off. He said they used that just for chipping around in the store.. dropped it to 50$. Then told me I had 26$ in shop credit... so I got a new Nike wedge for $24.

TaylorMade SiM 6.5* Graphite Design AD HD 6x Tipped 1"
Titleist TSR2+ 3w (C1) 12.25*  Tensei 1K Black 75x

Titleist TSi3 17* (C1) Hybrid Fujikura Motore Speeder Tour spec HB 8.8X 

Titleist U505 4i Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Titleist T100S 5i-PW Mitsubishi MMT 105TX
Vokey SM9 48*F, 53*F, 58*S DG TI Onyx S400's
Artisan SS 0217 Putter
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/777451-518titleistx-2013-witb-warning-heavy-titleist-content-inside/"]WITB Link[/url]

Payton, i had the X12 pro just on 2 years ago with Rifle shaft and i loved the shafts!

Played all the 3 to 9 irons easily, great find !!

2020 18 July mid winterNZ
Ping Rapture 2006 10.5
Nike VrS 3wood
Callaway Razr Edge5 wood

MP100=33 9876 5/mp63
54     RTX2
60     RTX2
ProPlatinum NewportTwo
2002 325gram +8.NewGrip
Dont hesitate to buy one!

• easyyy featured this topic
  • Gxgolfer unfeatured this topic