Pure745's 2015 Shootout - 915 D4 Trackman #'s Added

Pure745

I wish they had "mini oven" standalone nike golf stores.. You know, something between the dress barn and nail spa!

Nike Vapor Flex 440 w Fuji Tour spec 63
Nike Vapor Fly 3w
Nike Vapor Flex 3h
Nike Vapor Pro combo 4-PW w PX LZ 5.5
Nike Engage 52 square and 58DS
Nike Method Origin B2-05
RZN Dot Platinum
[color=#0000ff]IG Gchrist_01[/color]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='GMoney76' timestamp='1413393983' post='10293149']
I wish they had "mini oven" standalone nike golf stores.. You know, something between the dress barn and nail spa!
[/quote]
And a chipotle! Can't wait to here more!

Smoke 9* GD IZ 5s
Smoke 🔹🔹🔹15* GD IZ 6s

T150's 5-PW KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 50/12F KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 54/10S KBS Tour
SM10 Nickel 58/08M KBS Tour

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto 
Nike 006 Rory Proto 

PRO V1 #36 or #70

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/973333-mnnikeguy-nike-oven-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

Super excited to read what you guys have to say about the new woods.

I've already pre-ordered the Pro Combos but really excited to read the wood info, never really got along with the Covert drivers. Hopefully the Vapor will get a Nike driver back in the bag.

TaylorMade Sim Max 9.5*
Taylormade M4 Tour 3wood
Nike VRS 18* & 21* Hybrids
TaylorMade P790 5-PW
TaylorMade Milled Grind 50..54..58
Scotty Cameron 009m
Bridgestone Tour Bx

• 1 month later...

I'm going to make this thread the placeholder for my 2015 Shootout. This thread started with early reviews on the Vapor Pro and Speed, then I was lucky enough to hit them again at the Oven, and was fit to the Vapor Flex. Since then I have hit the 915 line, have BBA DBD en route, and today hit the R15 with my Rogue 125 plugged in. Once I have them all in hand, and as of now I think I might be able to get the R15 head for the Shootout, I will do a process similar to last year with all things as constant as I can get them.

Here is a shot of my Trackman #'s from the Oven with Vapor Flex and Rogue 125 (bottom) vs. SLDR 460 with Rogue 125 (top)

VaporWRX44.jpg

VaporWRX43.jpg

Here are some pictures from the R15 demo day at my club today. I was hitting it really solid, definitely on par with the SLDR, not taking too much stock in the carry and total yardage, only really concerned about the SS, BS, LA, and spin.. R15 has my attention!

r151.png

Shootout15-1.jpg

Shootout15-2.jpg

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

Looking forward to the shootout.

I'll put my early money on a top 2 of R15 and Vapor Flex with the extra MSI Rogue and an honorable mention to the DBD for being the best looking and sounding driver on the market.

Thanks in advance for all of the valuable information that will be added to this thread.

TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/951653-mikey-towns-witb/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='kyle75' timestamp='1417389695' post='10522733']
Those are some crazy numbers, 362 carry!! Looks like the other drivers will have a hard time beating the R15.
[/quote]

I don't put too much stock in those numbers, that ball was definitely hit hard, but I'm not sure those are quite accurate. I trust the other #'s are pretty close, but the distance numbers seem a little inflated.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1417390040' post='10522755']
Did they make you piss in a cup before leaving the property?

Black looks soooooo much better than white.
[/quote]

Lol, no! The white looks cheesy, still not a fan of it. The ball that I hit on that shot almost hit a mini van on the street behind the range.. it was pretty close, there were about 10 people watching and one was our pro, who was freaking out.

[quote name='Mikey Town' timestamp='1417390283' post='10522771']

I'll put my early money on a top 2 of R15 and Vapor Flex with the extra MSI Rogue and an honorable mention to the DBD for being the best looking and sounding driver on the market.

Thanks in advance for all of the valuable information that will be added to this thread.
[/quote]

My guess is either - the SLDR wins again, or Vapor Flex comes in #1. #2 will be the R15 #3 will be the DBD and #4 will be the 915.. I don't see the 915 coming close to some of these, but I could be wrong.

Also, the Vapor Flex is the best sounding driver I have hit, I haven't got the DBD, but the Vapor Flex is gonna be tough to beat in that department.. as well as ball speed :)

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='gambit' timestamp='1417391720' post='10522863']
What loft did you hit the vapor flex at? Just wondering because the 8* of launch seems a little low with a sub 2000 spin rate. If you kept around that spin but got launch up to 11 or 12 degrees I would imagine a carry of over 300 easily? Also, any plans to test the J715?
[/quote]

Vapor Flex was at 9.5, that particular shot was a lower slight pull draw. We were hitting into a solid 15-20 mph headwinds the whole time in Texas, so that ball I would take all day in those conditions and the Trackman #'s were not normalized. On the course later that day at Shady Oaks, I was hitting some really big drives with it which validated the ball speed and spin numbers. Launch was also higher on the course than that particular shot. I hit about 3 balls better than that one, but the Trackman ran out of juice (I was the last fitting of the day).

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1417392237' post='10522899']
[quote name='gambit' timestamp='1417391720' post='10522863']
What loft did you hit the vapor flex at? Just wondering because the 8* of launch seems a little low with a sub 2000 spin rate. If you kept around that spin but got launch up to 11 or 12 degrees I would imagine a carry of over 300 easily? Also, any plans to test the J715?
[/quote]

Vapor Flex was at 9.5, that particular shot was a lower slight pull draw. We were hitting into a solid 15-20 mph headwinds the whole time in Texas, so that ball I would take all day in those conditions and the Trackman #'s were not normalized. On the course later that day at Shady Oaks, I was hitting some really big drives with it which validated the ball speed and spin numbers. Launch was also higher on the course than that particular shot. I hit about 3 balls better than that one, but the Trackman ran out of juice (I was the last fitting of the day).
[/quote]

15-20 mph headwinds? Wow...wtf...I'd take those numbers once every few months.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1417393061' post='10522961']
How was the shape of the R15? In other photos it looked really elongated, that close up photo that you posted it looks pretty close to the same as the SLDR.
[/quote]

Looks pretty close to the SLDR, I should have taken side by side pics, but I got too caught up in hitting it :) Another thing that was interesting is that one of the weights came out after it was loosened, so it seems you can remove them or add lighter weights if the heads are too heavy. I also hit the 430, did not like it at all. It's supposed to be more forgiving than the previous, which I think it is, but it just wanted to move all over the place, the 460 was much straighter.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Can't wait to see what happens when you get the flex side by side with the others

Current WITB

TAYLORMADE M5 9* (Tensei Pro white 80tx)
PING i25 14* (KuroKage Proto 70xx)
SRIXON ZU85 2i (C-TAPER 130x)
SRIXON Z785 4-PW (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 50S (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 55W (C-TAPER 130x)
CALLAWAY MD5 60X (C-TAPER 130x)
TAYLORMADE Spider Tour Black (no alignment aid)
BRIDGESTONE TOUR Bx 

Tai,

How about starting a YouTube channel for all your reviews? Your reviews are always informative and unbiased...not to mention you forking out the bill for all these gears you're reviewing!

[indent=1]M2 Atmos Black[/indent]
[indent=1]M2 Speeder[/indent]
[indent=1]Ping G Tensei Blue[/indent]
[indent=1]p790 Modus 130[/indent]
[indent=1]O-Works Red 7s
Z Star XV[/indent]

Youtube would be a great way to get some money back on your club investments. I'm seeing a little more ballspeed using my Speeder 757 Evolution TS than I did with the Rogue 125 MSI 70TX. Not to bring up another $300 bucks, but I know your looking for the best combo. 915 D3 has the best launch characteristics for me so far, but you have me interested in the Nike Flex. The Titleist just doesn't sound right.

Titleist 915 D4 Aldila Rogue 125 70TX
3 wood PXG 341 True Temper HZRDUS 75X
2 iron 716 TMB TTDG AMT X100
4-9 Epon AF-302 TTDG AMT ti X100
Vokey 46F, 50F, 54S, 60L TTDG ti S400
SC Circle T 009 Brushed Black Pearl 350g

Pure-- how much have you worked on both TrackMan and Flightscope? Do you notice Flightscope being faster ball speed? This is not down playing your numbers at all-- but I noticed TrackMan you were max around 182-183 and Flightscope all the way up to 185....

The reason I ask is-- this is exactly what I see. Flightscope always comes out about 2-3 mph faster ball speed than TrackMan... on the same day with the same person swinging it.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1417390888' post='10522801']
[quote name='kyle75' timestamp='1417389695' post='10522733']
Those are some crazy numbers, 362 carry!! Looks like the other drivers will have a hard time beating the R15.
[/quote]

I don't put too much stock in those numbers, that ball was definitely hit hard, but I'm not sure those are quite accurate. I trust the other #'s are pretty close, but the distance numbers seem a little inflated.

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1417390040' post='10522755']
Did they make you piss in a cup before leaving the property?

Black looks soooooo much better than white.
[/quote]

Lol, no! The white looks cheesy, still not a fan of it. The ball that I hit on that shot almost hit a mini van on the street behind the range.. it was pretty close, [i][b]there were about 10 people watching and one was our pro, who was freaking out.[/b][/i]

[quote name='Mikey Town' timestamp='1417390283' post='10522771']

[/quote]

My guess is either - the SLDR wins again, or Vapor Flex comes in #1. #2 will be the R15 #3 will be the DBD and #4 will be the 915.. I don't see the 915 coming close to some of these, but I could be wrong.

Also, the Vapor Flex is the best sounding driver I have hit, I haven't got the DBD, but the Vapor Flex is gonna be tough to beat in that department.. as well as ball speed :)
[/quote]

He was freaking out for more than one reason, he was also calculating how much it will cost to put up nets at the back of the range!!!

Either that or put up a sign that reads "no beasts allowed"!

915 D3 8.5
915F 15
915HD 17.5
J15CB 4-PW
X forged 49, 54, 59
California Del Mar

[quote name='Sniperman' timestamp='1417412820' post='10524271']
Tai,

How about starting a YouTube channel for all your reviews? Your reviews are always informative and unbiased...not to mention you forking out the bill for all these gears you're reviewing!
[/quote]

This!

I'd love to see it, your testing is so far ahead of everything that is up currently.

915 D3 8.5
915F 15
915HD 17.5
J15CB 4-PW
X forged 49, 54, 59
California Del Mar

[quote name='Townes' timestamp='1417452368' post='10525363'][quote name='Sniperman' timestamp='1417412820' post='10524271']
Tai,

[/quote]

This!

I'd love to see it, your testing is so far ahead of everything that is up currently.[/quote]

The only problem is, Tai doesn't use OEM shafts so his numbers would not apply to the majority. But I think his results would still demonstrate a good idea of how the clubs compare to one another.

[indent=1]M2 Atmos Black[/indent]
[indent=1]M2 Speeder[/indent]
[indent=1]Ping G Tensei Blue[/indent]
[indent=1]p790 Modus 130[/indent]
[indent=1]O-Works Red 7s
Z Star XV[/indent]

[quote name='Sniperman' timestamp='1417412820' post='10524271']
Tai,

[/quote]

For now I'll just keep posting stuff on GolfWRX.. I've seen some of the European "review" videos and find them to be completely useless other than seeing new clubs before we get them here in the states, and to get somewhat an idea of the sound. Plus, I get enough flack on here just posting, a video review might have me in therapy :tongue::vava:

[quote name='paul1406' timestamp='1417415651' post='10524327']
Youtube would be a great way to get some money back on your club investments. I'm seeing a little more ballspeed using my Speeder 757 Evolution TS than I did with the Rogue 125 MSI 70TX. Not to bring up another $300 bucks, but I know your looking for the best combo. 915 D3 has the best launch characteristics for me so far, but you have me interested in the Nike Flex. The Titleist just doesn't sound right.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info, the 757 was the closest to the Rogue 125 last year, I'm definitely interested in the 757 Evo TS you suggested, sounds like it should be a contender for sure. The 915 just really doesn't sound right to me.. it's like they went from the best sounding OEM head to the RBZ Tour, the performance does look to be better than the 913 on misses, so overall it will be another solid Titleist driver, but the sound.. :censored2: I have some really high expectations of the Flex, it was a monster.. and the sound is one of the best I have heard. It could be a game changer for some people and Nike if it's as good or better than what I saw at the Oven.

[quote name='redraider1685' timestamp='1417444007' post='10524829']
I guess to each their own I found the SLDR to still hit some of the longest drives, but I can work the 915d3 both directions along with forgiveness

it is also yielding some great numbers, hard to turn that away for 3-5 yards on a perfect shot
[/quote]

From what I have personally found, and seen in numerous solid golfers I regularly play with, the SLDR is not only longer good for good, but misses are much further as well. For a good player (low single digit and under) where misses aren't terribly offline, the extra distance on misses is a big deal. I see a lot of all Titleist bags with the SLDR in the driver spot around here. I'm definitely not a TM fan by any stretch, if anything, I'm the opposite.. but the SLDR is just a great performing club.

[quote name='J.W.' timestamp='1417450408' post='10525257']
Pure-- how much have you worked on both TrackMan and Flightscope? Do you notice Flightscope being faster ball speed? This is not down playing your numbers at all-- but I noticed TrackMan you were max around 182-183 and Flightscope all the way up to 185....

The reason I ask is-- this is exactly what I see. Flightscope always comes out about 2-3 mph faster ball speed than TrackMan... on the same day with the same person swinging it.
[/quote]

We were giving the TM rep sh*t over some of the numbers basically saying the same thing you just said. I even said these #'s are higher than what Trackman typically registers. He's like "go grab your 5 iron" so I did, the numbers were pretty close to what I do on the golf course, but I still do agree with you that they are about 2mph higher and smash factor tends to register a little lower than Trackman. I plugged my #'s into FS's shot optimizer and the carry was 326.6 which is what I would anticipate that ball to be, especially where it actually landed.

Just posting these to give some ideas before I do my actual Shootout, same time, same Trackman, same guy swinging it :) This is basically why I haven't really trusted launch monitors in the past, but now I only trust Trackman outdoors so I can see and verify what it is saying. Last few Shootout threads focused more on playing reviews, but that just took way too much time, I think the thread last year was one of the best, will do that same method again this year since I have been playing a lot of golf.

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

The reviews are great, didn't mean it as I was taking anything away from the review. I was just curious because it happens to me all the time and when I saw your numbers I thought the same thing.

[b]XHP 3-Deep (13)- 7.3X @ 43.5”
X-Forged UT (#3- 21)- DG X700
716MB (5-PW)- DG S400
Vokey (TVD SM7 RAW 52 & SM6 RAW 58)- DG S400
Cameron Napa California @ 34"[/b]

[quote name='J.W.' timestamp='1417456389' post='10525599']
The reviews are great, didn't mean it as I was taking anything away from the review. I was just curious because it happens to me all the time and when I saw your numbers I thought the same thing.
[/quote]

Didn't take it that way at all Dizz.. all good!

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Awesome! Pure, do you have a list of all of the heads and shaft combos you plan on trying out(and a date)?
(Curious if there is any possibility of the rumored G30 low spin making it in the shootout, but not sure when or if it will come out)

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5