The Oven: GolfWRX's Nike Vapor Driver Experience (trip recap and reviews on page 1!)

[quote name='easyyy' timestamp='1413330267' post='10287753']
[quote name='GwrxMod' timestamp='1413322086' post='10286671']
[quote name='mr_divots' timestamp='1413321365' post='10286561']
[quote name='bjackson' timestamp='1413320300' post='10286415']
That conversation is best suited for either a PM discussion or the original Oven trip thread. Please keep this thread ON TOPIC and in regards to the Vapor trip only.
[/quote]
You guys try to steer every conversation on here in a cheerleading fashion.
If we have questions about their last trip and the fitting, wouldn't that be applicable to trip #2?
I can PM with G all day. I know him. I am looking for the perspectives and experiences of all those who were again chosen for this trip.
I am attempting to understand the last experience so that I can understand this one as well. I think many are probably interested.
The Vapor trip is going to the same fitting facility, right? The Oven?
[/quote]

Your question has been clearly answered as bjackson politely explained - this thread is to discuss the current Oven Experience.

This will now be the [u]third request[/u] to keep this on topic.
[/quote]

I cleaned up this thread. Removed double digit posts that were about why we picked members here that went to the nike oven a year ago. This thread is not about the right or wrongs of who went. This is about the experience of the trip itself.

We picked this group because we thought it would be interesting to hear from the same guys that went before. Some of them didn't switch to the nike woods and this could add to a story if they switch because the Vapor line is improved.

Please do not come in here and campaign the wrongs of the selection process. We will warn and delete going forward. This is a promotional experience for us and nike and not a rules or process discussion.
[/quote]
I really do not appreciate being quoted in this manner in the dressing down of the thread. I have made [u]no[/u] commentary on the selection process or any of that, and only asked some questions [u]about the last experience[/u], which is totally legit. Those involved the last time can choose to answer or not. For two free trips, I bet they don't have an issue answering, which they did, and it helped me to understand the last trip without having to parse through another 2 or 3 threads with hundreds of posts.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1413323257' post='10286849']

Divots - I'm going to answer this, as I trust that you actually want to know and are not throwing out backhanded off-topic replies that I have read more often than not in this thread. Did you read my Shootout thread? Just curious. The "3rd Party" is a place that fits and builds for tour pros such as Phil, Kaymer, Stallings, Kuchar etc. so it's not like my Oven driver got beat by a fitting at the PGA Super Store. The fitting processes were way different. The fitting at Cool Clubs was 2 hours with access to multiple brands of shafts and multiple OEM heads, and the ability to interchange them all. The Oven fitting was maybe 30 minutes or so, with only Nike products to choose from. On paper, yes, in theory you should be able to dial in any driver into certain numbers.. yes, you should. The main difference is that my fitting at Cool Clubs found multiple driver setups with acceptable numbers and then was dialed in as to which driver had the best dispersion and was the most playable. Some drivers just fit people different and suit their games better, the Covert was just not for me, much like the Ping G25 is not for me. It may work for you or others, but not for all.. just like Nike models may work better for some than others. My numbers were really good with the Covert I hit at the Oven, but the club I got was much different than the Oven club for some reason, and just didn't work out for me on the course.

When I was fit for the Covert Tour 1.0, I had acceptable numbers with the BB and the Tour Spec and basically had the choice between the two. I chose the Tour Spec (cheaper, less cool) just so that I had an apples to apples shaft setup with my 913D3 I took to the Oven. Also, there were 5 of us getting fit, I'm not sure the same guy who fits their top tier PGA guys was fitting all of us. That all said, I am very excited for this experience and plan to do my best to represent WRX for the members who are actually interested in Nike's new Vapor line.
[/quote]
Thank you. That does help to understand your experience from the last trip. Sorry, I can't follow every thread on this site and missed your shootout thread. Hopefully they can spend a little more than 30 minutes with you guys. That was not what I was expecting to hear for such an experience.

[quote name='ThunderBuzzworth' timestamp='1413382681' post='10291571']
Id like to see some videos of Tai and the others in action as well.
[/quote]

Buzz - A swing video + OEM trip might cause WRX as we know it to implode :tongue:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='csiachos' timestamp='1413381149' post='10291329']
I can't believe some guys are mad about not being asked to go on this ...
[/quote]

Despite multiple posts and warnings from the mods, I can't understand how some guys aren't able to stay on topic. :D

I plowed through the thread from the last trip last night and I can't wait to see the pics from inside the oven from this trip!

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1413382850' post='10291601']
Currently sharing a car with an "OC Housewife" on the way to the airport, not sure if this is a good or bad sign.
[/quote]Are you telling us that you're going to be on the Housewives of OC next year? Have a good trip and try and get your hands on the Vapor Flex driver

Can't wait to see what goes on tomorrow, have fun everyone

Callaway Epic Sub Zero, Rogue Silver 110x
Rocketballz Tour Issue Proto Head 13*, Speeder 757x
Rocketballz Tour Issue Proto Head 19*, Speeder 757x
Callaway Alpha 815h, 21*, Velyix Rome 988x
Apex 4-6/Apex Pro 7-PW, DGX100
Tour Grind 52/60, Odyssey Protype #3

One thing that I think would be great is if all the reviews were on the first page of the thread. There is nothing worse than having to search through pages and pages of inane comments to find the reviews. Sometimes these trip threads can be unreadable which defeats the purpose of the trip in the first place.

Also, I am not sure why people get their panties all tied up in a bunch over who gets selected.

[quote name='LittleLeftToRight' timestamp='1413389964' post='10292645']
One thing that I think would be great is if all the reviews were on the first page of the thread. There is nothing worse than having to search through pages and pages of inane comments to find the reviews. Sometimes these trip threads can be unreadable which defeats the purpose of the trip in the first place.

Also, I am not sure why people get their panties all tied up in a bunch over who gets selected.
[/quote]

They all have posts reserved on the first page for exactly this reason. They've been doing most trips like that lately and I think it's a good way to go. Like you said, it allows all their info to be in one place and easily accessible.

Ping G400 Max UST Proforce V2
TM M5 15* UST Proforce V2
Callaway Apex UW 19* PX HZRDUS Smoke Black
Srixon ZX5 - 4&5 MMT 105

Srixon ZX7 - 6-PW MMT 105
Edel SMS 50V/54V/58T Nippon 125
Odyssey MXM #1W

I know this is about the Vapor Drivers but I'm curious to hear more about their new fitting system. I recall there was some talk pre-Vapor iron release but not much since.

Have fun and take some pics

Titleist TR2 - Graphite design DI

Titleist Tsi2 - 15*

Callaway Apex 20*

Srixon ZX 7 4-PW

Cleveland Zipcore 54* & 58*

Odyssey #7 CH

[quote name='scratchswinger' timestamp='1413388166' post='10292397']
So what are you guys doing today other than hitting on cougars and window shopping in airport terminals? Has anyone been informed of the itinerary?
[/quote]

Scratch i like that your getting right to the point. Lets see the itinerary because I know you guys have one. Lets get this show on the road!!!

BTW : I'd like to see the Nike VR Pro Limited driver vs Vapor Pro/Flex. My favorite Nike stick to date.

Callaway Ai Smoke Triple  8* / Fuji Ventus Black TR 6X               

TM Qi10 15* / Project X HZRDUS Black 8X        

Edel SMS iron 4-5 / DG TI X100 /////  SMS PRO irons 6-PW / DG TI X100

Edel SMS 50V, 54T, 60T / DG TI S400/ BGT ZNE 130

Edel ARRAY F3 w/ 3 line alignment

From what I know so far:

Tonight - Dinner + ??
Thursday - Oven in the AM for whatever is planned for us, and 9 holes with Vapor bags in the evening, probably some :drinks: after that.
Friday - leave for home :alcoholic: Sit down, and type up a hopefully epic review of this trip.

Almost there!

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 7.5 - PX Hulk 65g

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 13.5 - PX Hulk 85g
PXG Hybrid 19 - GD HYB 95

Miura MC 501 - DG X100

Miura Tour 50, 54 - DG X100

Vokey 60V - PX LZ

Scotty Cameron 009 - Circle W
IG: https://www.instagram.com/pure745

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1413393419' post='10293085']
From what I know so far:

Tonight - Dinner + ??
Thursday - Oven in the AM for whatever is planned for us, and 9 holes with Vapor bags in the evening, probably some :drinks: after that.
Friday - leave for home :alcoholic: Sit down, and type up a hopefully epic review of this trip.

Almost there!
[/quote]

Off topic: Hopefully you're on wifi and not stopped at ABQ. ABQ has exactly zero going for it.

On topic: Can't wait for the reviews... :offtopic:[size=4] [/size]

Callaway X2 Hot Pro 8.5° w/ Oban Devotion 6 X-Flex
Callaway 816 Alpha 14° w/ Accra AC75 M5 X-Flex
Adams Pro 20° 3h w/ Aldila Tour Red ATX75h X-Flex
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW w/ X-100
Titleist Vokey 50.08 SM5 F-Grind
Titleist Vokey 54.08 SM
Titleist Vokey 58.12 SM
Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1413393419' post='10293085']
From what I know so far:

Tonight - Dinner + ??

Almost there!
[/quote]
You guys are getting to play this year? Ugh. I'm gonna have to vanish from the WRX for a few days to recover from the heartache.

J/K. U guys have fun.

[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M2 10.5 w/KK Silver 60 S [/b][/color]
[color=#000000][b]TM 2016 M1 3(15) w/KK Black 70 S [/b][/color]
[b][color=#0000ff]TM Rescue 11 3(18) w/NVS Org Next Gen 85 S
Nike VPC 4-PW w/Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff[/color][/b]
[color=#000000][b]TM MG2 52 SB and 58 LB w/DGS200  [/b]
[b]TM Spider X Copper [/b][/color]
[b][color=#000000]TM TP5 Pix[/color][/b]

Please no swing videos. Last thing I want to read are jealous posts about how some guy has a better swinging than you guys. Any video of the Oven would be cool.

I think it's great that this website is getting another visit to the oven. A most intrigued about the flex driver. From what I heard the USGA did not approve it until recently. This is probably why no other staffer was playing it. Can't wait to hear the reviews and hopefully the flexes there's that you guys can play with the CG

Man there is a ton of whining on this thread. The selected folks for this trip are most definitely the best folks to get another trip because they will be able to compare their old fitting with the new, also if they are fitting any different or if the process is the same. What is Nike doing different with their equipment from the last time? What is the real secret behind the tech in this club versus the last one? These are not questions that some random other member can even begin to elaborate on. When I read this I thought it was incredible that we would actually be able to hear the full experience and find out if these OEMs are even coming close to actual improvement with equipment, or if it is just a bunch of marketing BS.

I can't wait to hear the results and Pure, if you are listening, I am more than willing to take the Vapor off your hands if it really doesn't work for you.

Taylormade M1 460 - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 fairway - Aldila Tour Blue
Taylormade M1 hybrids 4&5 - Aldila Rouge 110
Taylormade PSi Tour irons - KBS Tour
Taylormade EF Wedges ATV Grind - KBS Wedge
Nike Method Mod 60

Just got to the hotel in Dallas along with Pure735, swanry30, and atursky. We were all given backpacks as we checked into our rooms and somehow while the other guys got standard black backpacks, mine is [color=#00ff00]Volt (that's for you scratchswinger)[/color]! Talk about winning the golden ticket!

[attachment=2459915:IMG_4291.jpg]
[attachment=2459917:IMG_4292.jpg]

Nice welcome pack, are the RZN's VAPOR colored!?!?
Cool that you got a fuel band too!

Taylormade Sim 10.5 - Tour AD GP 7X
Taylormade M3 15* - Kai'li 80X
GAPR Lo 2 iron - Oban Kiyoshi Purple 05 100
Taylormade P760, 4 - PW - Project XLZ 6.5
Vokey SM7 50F, 55M, 60D - Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Custom Shop Newport Beach 1.5 

[b][u][url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/965589-chriswrightstuff-first-ever-witb/page__p__8603789#entry8603789"][color=#000000]WITB Link[/color][/url][/u][/b][/font]

Instagram - Cwrightstuff

[quote name='swanry30' timestamp='1413404541' post='10294441']
[attachment=2459929:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1413404536.645975.jpg]
[/quote]

LOVE THE VOLT!!!

Makes me think of all the Adidas and TM gear from our trip in December. Too cool boys, enjoy it.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1299464-bruinspatsirish-witb-march-2016-taylormade-adams-bettinardi-tee/page__p__13143444#entry13143444"]bruinsPATSirish WITB![/url]
Callaway EPIC 10.5* Tour Issue Speeder 757 X
Callaway EPIC 3 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
Callaway EPIC 5 Wood Diamana Kail'i 80 X
TaylorMade RSi TP Irons w/ Project X 6.5
Callaway MackDaddy FORGED 52/56/60 DG TI S200
Bettinardi BB8 DASS TriSole

[quote name='Pure745' timestamp='1413382850' post='10291601']
Currently sharing a car with an "OC Housewife" on the way to the airport, not sure if this is a good or bad sign.
[/quote]

In her world that means your dating, careful.

M1 HZRDUS Black<br />SLDR 15 TS 8.3<br />X2 Hot 18 Kuro Kage 80<br />i200 3 Modus 130<br />S55 4-PW Modus 130<br />Engage 52 56 S S400<br />Newport 1.5<br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/614089-jaxbeachnole-witb-page-1/"]WITB Link[/url]

[quote name='chriswrightstuff' timestamp='1413404790' post='10294465']
Nice welcome pack, are the [b]RZN's VAPOR colored!?!?[/b]
Cool that you got a fuel band too!
[/quote]

Yup. Volt RZN black.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

[quote name='bjackson' timestamp='1413404404' post='10294421']
Just got to the hotel in Dallas along with Pure735, swanry30, and atursky. We were all given backpacks as we checked into our rooms and somehow while the other guys got standard black backpacks, mine is [color=#00ff00]Volt (that's for you scratchswinger)[/color]! Talk about winning the golden ticket!

[attachment=2459915:IMG_4291.jpg]
[attachment=2459917:IMG_4292.jpg]
[/quote]

Scratch approved.... I would probably put the backpack and shoes only on and run some sprints down the hall just to show how fast the VOLT makes me look. :busted_cop: