2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Could a 12 handicapper....

21degreeloft

[quote name='Mizzylefty' timestamp='1427900913' post='11261013']
I have a simple question:

Where is the proof that a blade actually hurts your score?

But, its hard to prove a negative though, no ?
Its not a scientifically verifiable fact. I'd say its more a causal relationship. I would have thought that, all things being equal (short game and putting), if someone's mishits are closer to the target then their score would be better. If I mishit a blade I may be in the front bunker, that slight mishit with a cavity could be on the front edge. I stress "could" because its hypothetical.

Ultimately people should play whatever they want and whatever makes them happy, I'd never tell anyone what they should or shouldn't play, but, in my opinion and from what I've seen, anyone who isn't an expert ball striker is leaving something behind on the course by playing blades. It might not be anything on a given round, but I'd bet over the course of a season or a few rounds there would be a difference. Why make the game harder ?

It does take a bit of time to make the transition away from blades though.
[/quote]
I don't find a blade nearly as damaging on misses as suggested by others. It really depends on where the trouble lies. Sometimes the trouble is exactly where the CB miss was. I also find the blade allows for better precision shots to escape from trouble and also to attack pins. In short a blade is not always making the game harder for me.

I don't need to transition from blades because I play both types nearly equally well and switch back and forth regularly. It takes time to transition to either type of club when the features are so different.

TEE CB2 13* 3w, 43.5", 57g Fujikura Motore F1 X-flex
TEE CB2 15* 3w, 43" 65g Fujikura Motore F1 S-flex
Miura Black Boron 1957 Small Blades 2i-PW, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
Miura Black Wedges 53* and 60*, Nippon NS Pro 850 GH S-flex
GripMaster Club Maker's Stitchback Grips
34" Piretti Bosa, GripMaster Pistol Grip

Registered Bladeocrat
Outlaw Golf Association Member #7

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1427900255' post='11260915']Nobody can prove a blade hurts all golfers scores. Nobody can prove a CB saves strokes for all golfers. There are no absolutes.

Deal with it.[/quote]

Deal with it? Lol everybody here could care less. You admittedly shoot anything from high 70s to mid 90s with both clubs so I'm not sure how you draw any score based conclusion only you play at a level where it doesn't matter what club you use.

The difference between blades and CB is vastly overrated.
I've played both, many many sets for years. Started as a rank newb and
now at scratch. Blades aren't that much harder to hit. Maybe mentally, harder
to look down at a 3-iron at address and feel good about it until you've striped a
few. But the sweet spot is basically the same size, all things considered. A poorly hit (say, thin)
shot off a CIB will carry MARGINALLY further than a blade. I'm a feel player, and
also appreciate clean lines. I don't like playing based on the expectation that I'm going
to miss the ball, so I play blades more often than not.

Don't ever let some 10-hdcp'er on the internet tell you what you should play.
Play what you like.

Callaway XR16 SubZero Aldila Rogue I/O 70X
Callaway Apex Utility Wood 19* Fujikura Ventus TR Red 60
Callaway UT 18* KBS C-Taper X
Titleist 818 H2 21*
Mizuno Pro 223 4-PW KBS DG X100
Vokey SM7 52* F
Vokey SM7 58* D
Sizemore XB-1

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1427891773' post='11259929']
[quote name='27x10.5' timestamp='1427891448' post='11259911']
[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1427889187' post='11259751']
Blades are to Ferrari as CBs are to Prius. Arrrrrriiite.
[/quote]

No offense to the CB playing Prius drivers, it was just a sarcastic analogy. I thank you for you low carbon emissions though.
[/quote]

Lol! Living outside of Detroit, I only drive American pigs. I know, my Chrysler is technically Italian, and they make Toyotas in Kentucky...
[/quote]

See this is where this whole thread falls apart - because he up to now it has been all new fresh ideas - if you are going to have a car analogy you need the correct stereotypes ;)

Blade/MB = Caterham | Lotus Elise: no driver aids, no awd, no flappy paddles. rwd, manual, naturally aspirated engine, lightweight just you and the experience of carving up the track, no "gimmicks" helping you to your slower times, then the driver in the GT3, but then it's not about lap times is it?

CB = 911 GT3: still rwd, still manual, still na engine, but maybe you'd like to not go spinning backwards into a hedge when your lack of talent and the limits of mechanical grip are about to meet. You still need to have the correct inputs, but it's less a handful, and most importantly to many, faster.

GI = Nissan GTR: you're wrapped up safely in electronic driver aids, 4wd, lots of shiney and plasticy bits to wow everyone. "Point and shoot" car. Super fast. Almost drives itself. But where is connection between the driver and road?

All Hybrids set = Prius | Minivan: what have you done man? Have you no shame. Please return your man bits and live out your life in silence

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

For me, a big factor in chosing to play bigger, more forgiving irons is the amount, or lack thereof, of time I get to spend playing and practicing. If I can't or don't get out there often enough to find something resembling consistent, centred contact, I'll keep the blades and players' cbs on the back burner. When I did play and practice more often, I played always with the same set of (Cleveland TA5) irons, so I couldn't say if I would have been any worse off scorewise with smaller heads but my completely subjective opinion is that I really suspect the answer is no simply because those GI irons allowed me to hit good shots on good strikes and some pretty good shots on some pretty bad strikes.

[quote name='21degreeloft' timestamp='1427748395' post='11247483']
Play with these irons?

Callaway apex mb
Titleist mb
Taylormade TP MB
Mizuno mp-4
Callaway razr x MB
[/quote]

Yes! A 12 can enjoy playing any of those irons, "IF" you love practice and don't take resulting struggles to be emotionally demoralizing, as many do. In other words, if you have the right frame of mind, you'll be fine. Some of us golfers actually enjoy challenging ourselves at every juncture.

PS: contemporary blades are NOT remotely as punishing as the older designs I learned with.

• TSR2 9.25° Ventus Velo TR Blue 58S
  • TSR2 15° GD Tour AD-VF 74S
  • 718 T-MB 17 2i° Tensei AV White Am2 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-PW MMT 105S
  • SM10 F52/12, T58/4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

[quote name='govols' timestamp='1427903623' post='11261341']
[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1427900255' post='11260915']Nobody can prove a blade hurts all golfers scores. Nobody can prove a CB saves strokes for all golfers. There are no absolutes.

Deal with it.[/quote]

Deal with it? Lol everybody here could care less. You admittedly shoot anything from high 70s to mid 90s with both clubs so I'm not sure how you draw any score based conclusion only you play at a level where it doesn't matter what club you use.
[/quote]

to further compound matters, people who know more about the diff models than I suggest that the 2 models he plays are quite similar....well gee...no wonder his performance doesnt improve one set over the other.....his performance does vary however....hugely...he has wild swings in his scores....maybe if he switched to gear that was easier to flush hit, his scoring variety wouldnt be as 'interesting', and he would play better on those days where things arent feeling quite right (most days). just a thought trying to help out

additionally someones' one of experience, and their perceived reality is mostly just people feeling the need to tell others about their game (who would care? ). some people know what they are talking about and others do not...its the internet. i will gladly defer to industry experts and other knowedgable types who know the big picture over some one who is a higher handicap who has wild swings in their scores citing their one of experience..no offense intended

j33 460 9.5 ACCRA DyMatch 2.0 MT M4
Exotics cb1 13 Matrix Ozik
Mizuno jpx825 hybrid 16
j38cb's - 3-pw s300sl pro soft & j36pc GAT 95
j40 52,56 & Odyssey Metal-X #7H
average score = 75

[quote name='duffer987' timestamp='1427905202' post='11261527']
[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1427891773' post='11259929']
[quote name='27x10.5' timestamp='1427891448' post='11259911']
[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1427889187' post='11259751']
Blades are to Ferrari as CBs are to Prius. Arrrrrriiite.
[/quote]

No offense to the CB playing Prius drivers, it was just a sarcastic analogy. I thank you for you low carbon emissions though.
[/quote]

Lol! Living outside of Detroit, I only drive American pigs. I know, my Chrysler is technically Italian, and they make Toyotas in Kentucky...
[/quote]

See this is where this whole thread falls apart - because he up to now it has been all new fresh ideas - if you are going to have a car analogy you need the correct stereotypes ;)

Blade/MB = Caterham | Lotus Elise: no driver aids, no awd, no flappy paddles. rwd, manual, naturally aspirated engine, lightweight just you and the experience of carving up the track, no "gimmicks" helping you to your slower times, then the driver in the GT3, but then it's not about lap times is it?

CB = 911 GT3: still rwd, still manual, still na engine, but maybe you'd like to not go spinning backwards into a hedge when your lack of talent and the limits of mechanical grip are about to meet. You still need to have the correct inputs, but it's less a handful, and most importantly to many, faster.

GI = Nissan GTR: you're wrapped up safely in electronic driver aids, 4wd, lots of shiney and plasticy bits to wow everyone. "Point and shoot" car. Super fast. Almost drives itself. But where is connection between the driver and road?

All Hybrids set = Prius | Minivan: what have you done man? Have you no shame. Please return your man bits and live out your life in silence
[/quote]What about all hybrids and a long putter? Bus pass?

This thread is a Timex. It keeps on ticking.
I fluctuate between 0-3. I prodomatley play a fade. I can occasionally hit a draw. I sometimes play for one but my starting point is such that if I don't pull it off I will still be in a good spot.

So to play blades just to work the ball is not necessary I'm my opinion. Also, playing blades to get better? I've not seen that as a plausable reason. Get lessons and practice. That will help you get better than playing a certain type of club.

Having repeated what a lot have said and I will repeat again. Play what you want. If playing a certain iron design, driver or shaft makes you enjoy the game more that's all that matters. Not what others think.

I would not expect that switching to blades it will automatically make you a better ball striker who can work the at will.

Deal with it.[/quote]

[/quote]
LOL you care less by continuing to mock and insist you know so much about blades and you don't even play them. And you continue to reply to my posts and keep posting yourself. That's a great way to show how much you don't care. It's kind of like the guy who takes the trouble to say a thread wasn't worth reading yet takes the trouble to type that it wasn't worth reading.

Registered Bladeocrat

Can you? Absolutely

Is it best for your score? You have no way of knowing without trying.

Although 99% of us take our golf equipment obsession and addiction to the paralyzingly desperate bowels of unnecessarily specific and minute details, the truth is most of our self-torment is probably for naught as far as what the scorecard adds up to at the end of 18 holes.

It is painful for me to write that because I am firmly (and have been for years) in the 99% that takes these arguments entirely to seriously.

I racked my brain with this over the summer because I went to a GI iron after years of playing split-cav type forged models because I thought I was making the responsible decision, but I just wasn't having as much fun and wasn't as excited looking at my clubs, whether it be cleaning them after a round, doing a WITB post, or looking down at them at address. So I said, "screw it, I don't play for anything besides love of the game anymore." and told myself, get something you'll enjoy.

So if playing something more compact and less forgiving makes you enjoy your time on the golf course fractionally more, I'm not so sure there is concrete evidence that your scores will deteriorate to the point where it will outweigh that increase in happiness.

[b]Ping G410 Plus[/b] 12* Fujikura Motore X F3 5S
[b]Titleist TS2[/b] 3HL 16.5* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Taylormade SIM2 Max[/b] 7W 21* Paderson Kinetix Launch 65S
[b]Callaway Rogue[/b] 21* 4h Mitsubishi C6 80S
[b]Rogue Pro[/b] 5-P Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Callaway Mack Daddy CB[/b] 50* Nippon Modus 120S
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 54 (bent to 56*) D Grind Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Titleist SM8[/b] 58 (bent to 60*) K Grind (Low Bounce) Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
[b]Fastback 2[/b] 34'' Stability Tour Black Shaft, SuperStroke GTR 1.0

[quote name='T.Beau' timestamp='1427906853' post='11261747']

Deal with it.[/quote]

[/quote]

to further compound matters, people who know more about the diff models than I suggest that the 2 models he plays are quite similar....well gee...no wonder his performance doesnt improve one set over the other.....his performance does vary however....hugely...he has wild swings in his scores....maybe if he switched to gear that was easier to flush hit, his scoring variety wouldnt be as 'interesting', and he would play better on those days where things arent feeling quite right (most days). just a thought trying to help out

additionally someones' one of experience, and their perceived reality is mostly just people feeling the need to tell others about their game (who would care? ). some people know what they are talking about and others do not...its the internet. i will gladly defer to industry experts and other knowedgable types who know the big picture over some one who is a higher handicap who has wild swings in their scores citing their one of experience..no offense intended
[/quote]

What the what? You mean you'd listen to someone like Tom Wishon, when he explains the nefarious concept of "workability", and apply some actual value to that explanation?
Instead of trolling his posts hard and drive him out of a thread? Whoulda thunk it ;)

[url="http://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vTOZNxdsDKajrKxaUCRjcU8eB7URcAMpaCWN-67Bt6QG8rmBUPYW3QAQ7k87BlYizIMKJzEhuzqr9OQ/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true"]WITB[/url] | [url="http://tinyurl.com/CoursesPlayedList"]Courses Played list[/url] |  [url="http://tinyurl.com/25GolfingFaves"] 25 Faves [/url]

F.T.

[quote name='21degreeloft' timestamp='1427909134' post='11262145']
Well anyway, in the interim I have brought some second hand Nike pro combo forged irons 3-pw which are already set up to my length and lie... Only paid £80
[/quote]

Good stuff :)
Play them and enjoy them and for 80 quid that is pretty much no lose!

F.T.

[quote name='21degreeloft' timestamp='1427748395' post='11247483']
Play with these irons?

Callaway apex mb
Titleist mb
Taylormade TP MB
Mizuno mp-4
Callaway razr x MB
[/quote]

I play with Apex MB 7-9 and play to an 18.1 index. I don't hit any other irons better so I play with what I feel comfortable with. I have always liked compact head designs and the Apex MB looked the best to me at address.

Callaway Rogue SZ 10.5* W/ Matrix F7M2
Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 16.5* W/ Matrix F7M2 Proto

Adams Super LS 19* W/ Kuro Kage 80
Royal Collection Tour VS 5-PW W/ Aldila RIP Tour 115
Taylormade RAC Satin 50 + 54 W/ Aldila RIP Tour 115
MaxFli CrossBax 3.0 (#9 Style)
Bag - Honma Mini Staff
Ball - Taylormade RBZ Urethane

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1427908962' post='11262117'][quote name='govols' timestamp='1427903623' post='11261341']

Deal with it.[/quote]

[/quote]
LOL you care less by continuing to mock and insist you know so much about blades and you don't even play them. And you continue to reply to my posts and keep posting yourself. That's a great way to show how much you don't care. It's kind of like the guy who takes the trouble to say a thread wasn't worth reading yet takes the trouble to type that it wasn't worth reading.[/quote]

Lol. Why would I play blades when I don't pure pretty much every iron? Why the heck would anybody? There's absolutely no benefit otherwise. Oh I forgot your thin misses are better with blades and you're liable to shoot mid 90s anyway. This discussion stays alive because it's hard for some people to believe other people can't grasp common sense concepts and facts.

[quote name='govols' timestamp='1427910323' post='11262371']
[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1427908962' post='11262117'][quote name='govols' timestamp='1427903623' post='11261341']

Deal with it.[/quote]

[/quote]
LOL you care less by continuing to mock and insist you know so much about blades and you don't even play them. And you continue to reply to my posts and keep posting yourself. That's a great way to show how much you don't care. It's kind of like the guy who takes the trouble to say a thread wasn't worth reading yet takes the trouble to type that it wasn't worth reading.[/quote]

Lol. Why would I play blades when I don't pure pretty much every iron? Why the heck would anybody? There's absolutely no benefit otherwise. Oh I forgot your thin misses are better with blades and you're liable to shoot mid 90s anyway. This discussion stays alive because it's hard for some people to believe other people can't grasp common sense concepts and facts.
[/quote]

It's quite obvious that some people play blades for reasons other than playing to the best of their current ability. A couple guys were honest enough to admit they play them because they think they look nicer....well ok..thats fine aye? it;s their money and their game and they arent parsing horrible information. people would not admit that they play blades because they are posers however.

Where it all breaks down is when mid/high handicappers cite their perceived reasons for playing blades that are way off base..you know things like 'it forces them to hit w. great technique' problem is they dont possess great technique, and trying to force something too demanding for ones skillset most often makes things worse rather than better........there really are lots of myths and misconceptions about blades (like they are made w. fairy dust or something..they are revered and worshiped by some) and it has obviously become a tired old topic....the zealots will never exercise considered reasonable logic so the beat goes on....and on.....and on.

Think i am gonna excuse myself from this thread....well maybe i will try anyway.....it;s kinda like trying to not look at a car wreck,

j33 460 9.5 ACCRA DyMatch 2.0 MT M4
Exotics cb1 13 Matrix Ozik
Mizuno jpx825 hybrid 16
j38cb's - 3-pw s300sl pro soft & j36pc GAT 95
j40 52,56 & Odyssey Metal-X #7H
average score = 75

Deal with it.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes it is clear that people cannot grasp the simple fact that nobody can prove a blade hurts all golfers scores universally or a CB helps all golfers scores universally.

It also stays alive because people cannot accept that another golfer may have had a different personal experience using a different type of iron. So those close minded folks believe lies and untruths are being told.

You yourself are of the OPINION that you have to pure every shot to play a blade even though it has been explained by guys with experience that you don't and it won't hurt your score. But you cling to this opinion as if it is fact and so you continue to post in an attempt to refute anything contrary to it.

Can you grasp the difference between opinion and fact? Can you grasp that in some cases there are no absolutes? Can you grasp that not everyone will have the same golf experience than you?

Registered Bladeocrat

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1427912296' post='11262697']

Deal with it.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes it is clear that people cannot grasp the simple fact that nobody can prove a blade hurts all golfers scores universally or a CB helps all golfers scores universally.

It also stays alive because people cannot accept that another golfer may have had a different personal experience using a different type of iron. So those close minded folks believe lies and untruths are being told.

You yourself are of the OPINION that you have to pure every shot to play a blade even though it has been explained by guys with experience that you don't and it won't hurt your score. But you cling to this opinion as if it is fact and so you continue to post in an attempt to refute anything contrary to it.

Can you grasp the difference between opinion and fact? Can you grasp that in some cases there are no absolutes? Can you grasp that not everyone will have the same golf experience than you?
[/quote]

If he says yes, can we let this thread die?

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

There is a lot of arguing around each others points in this thread. So much suckiness exists in a mid-cappers game that iron choice plays a minimal role in score. There was also an entire thread about the most important clubs in your bag, and there was no mention of irons, let alone type of iron. If your irons fit you reasonably (shaft, length, lie) it's POSSIBLE that it won't make much difference to your SCORE. Course management, short game, putting, driving, stretching, fitness, etc....... all are vastly more important to your score than iron type. blah blah blah blah blah, play what you like.

G430 LST 9
G410 14.5
G410 19, 22
245, 5-gw
Vokey, SM7, 54S, 58M
LAB Mezz Max

[quote name='govols' timestamp='1427912654' post='11262739']
There is NO benefit to playing a blade if you don't pure every shot. FACT.

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1427912501' post='11262723']I believe the real question is... If I put "blades" in the title of my DG Pro X100 help thread, will someone read it?[/quote]

You have to hard step them of course.
[/quote]

Nah, I need a little help with launch in the longer irons and I don't mind the flight in the short, I am coming out of PX 7.0s then C Taper 130x, my hands are giving me fits and I am getting to a point where I can't work that hard, so I like the heavier weight and softer feel as a compromise.

I just need a dang 'ol shaft for a wedge, like, yesterday.

[quote name='T.Beau' timestamp='1427912063' post='11262643']

Deal with it.[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It's quite obvious that some people play blades for reasons other than playing to the best of their current ability. A couple guys were honest enough to admit they play them because they think they look nicer....well ok..thats fine aye? it;s their money and their game and they arent parsing horrible information. people would not admit that they play blades because they are posers however.

Where it all breaks down is when mid/high handicappers cite their perceived reasons for playing blades that are way off base..you know things like 'it forces them to hit w. great technique' problem is they dont possess great technique, and trying to force something too demanding for ones skillset most often makes things worse rather than better........there really are lots of myths and misconceptions about blades (like they are made w. fairy dust or something..they are revered and worshiped by some) and it has obviously become a tired old topic....the zealots will never exercise considered reasonable logic so the beat goes on....and on.....and on.

Think i am gonna excuse myself from this thread....well maybe i will try anyway.....it;s kinda like trying to not look at a car wreck,
[/quote]
It is quite obvious you are zealous about playing CBs and it is obvious you cannot prove they actually help all golfers scores universally so instead of having to face this you elect to leave the thread while also denigrating people that play blades with no detriment.

Oh and why not just leave the thread or ignore it instead of typing a page to ultimately say you are leaving it?

Registered Bladeocrat

[quote name='Nine Miler' timestamp='1427912859' post='11262781']Nah, I need a little help with launch in the longer irons and I don't mind the flight in the short, I am coming out of PX 7.0s then C Taper 130x, my hands are giving me fits and I am getting to a point where I can't work that hard, so I like the heavier weight and softer feel as a compromise.

I just need a dang 'ol shaft for a wedge, like, yesterday.[/quote]

I may as well play X100s because I never hit a shot solid so it won't affect my scores.

We are going to lose it....... EVERYONE..... I REALLY REALLY LIKE THIS TOPIC!!! We got some members coming out of the woodwork and some have some really good input. But I dont want this to get locked and I am sure the OP doesnt either.

The funniest part the OP posted something and only 1 person responded soooooo...... TIME OUT!!!!

21degreelofty,

Congrats on purchasing the Nike Pro Combos. Those are as close as they get with a little more forgiveness than the VR Pros.

Couple things is make sure you find a shaft fitting that works for you if you dont get along with what ever is in there. The stocks I know are usually S300s

In any case have fun with those! Keep us in the loop how you play with them, they are a great tweener and you have lots of benifits of both MB and GI in those clubs!

TM - Stealth 1.0 - Rouge 70X
TM 15* M2v1 - RIP Phenom 60S
TM 18* M2v1 - Rogue 60S
Sub70- 659CB PW-4 KBS120 S
Vokey SM7 - 50*/8*, 56*/10* & 60*/8* S200
Scotty Newport 2 - 33"

[quote name='Exactice808' timestamp='1427918190' post='11263525']
We are going to lose it....... EVERYONE..... I REALLY REALLY LIKE THIS TOPIC!!! We got some members coming out of the woodwork and some have some really good input. But I dont want this to get locked and I am sure the OP doesnt either.

The funniest part the OP posted something and only 1 person responded soooooo...... TIME OUT!!!!

21degreelofty,

Congrats on purchasing the Nike Pro Combos. Those are as close as they get with a little more forgiveness than the VR Pros.

Couple things is make sure you find a shaft fitting that works for you if you dont get along with what ever is in there. The stocks I know are usually S300s

In any case have fun with those! Keep us in the loop how you play with them, they are a great tweener and you have lots of benifits of both MB and GI in those clubs!
[/quote]

[quote name='21degreeloft' timestamp='1427909134' post='11262145']
Well anyway, in the interim I have brought some second hand Nike pro combo forged irons 3-pw which are already set up to my length and lie... Only paid £80
[/quote]

Nice choice, in fact I too play the Nike Vr Pro Combo, and I find it to have eveything I want in an iron as a low handicapper, also with the added benefit of a lot of things I think 99.99% of golfers need regardless of handicap. And they look darn sleek.

OP also here is a good thread for actual users of blades. You will find even more posts by golfers at all skill levels playing blades fine in it.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1119961-blade-users-thread-no-debating-clubheads/

Also if you keep your CBs like Exactice advised and play them often in comparison to some blades, you may find that neither type of club impacts your score. It's hard to judge otherwise.

Registered Bladeocrat

[quote name='DeNinny' timestamp='1427918778' post='11263581']
OP also here is a good thread for actual users of blades. You will find even more posts by golfers at all skill levels [b]playing blades fine [/b]in it.

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1119961-blade-users-thread-no-debating-clubheads/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...ting-clubheads/[/url]

Also if you keep your CBs like Exactice advised and play them often in comparison to some blades, you may find that neither type of club impacts your score. It's hard to judge otherwise.
[/quote]

I am not sure whose definition you are using... ;)