2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

What Did You Shoot Today? (Continuation)

1t2golf

Windy today. Almost 20 mph winds.

[attachment=2979474:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1443951036.373860.jpg]

Missed 2 birdie putts. One lipped out.

=[

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

77 on Sunday morning, best part was 13 putts on the back. Putting is not a strength, but 1 putts at 12,14,15,16, and 18 saved the round. Nothing too long but all made.

#12 was 5 feet for par, 14 was 3.5 ft for par, 15 was about 8ft for bogey, 16 was a tap in bird from 18 inches, 18 was an all world par with a 15 ft downhill breaker.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Started playing hockey last Saturday night.... damn my legs hurt !

Didn't know the golf swing was influenced that much by the legs. I never have swinged that poorly at all this year. Shot 79 but I had to rely on my short game. My putting and sand game was very strong today. Saved me a lot of strokes.

Looked like a 86 years old grampa on the course.

Ping G400 - 10,5° - Tour 65 Stiff

Cobra BioCell - 15° - Diamana D+ 75 Stiff

Ping G400 - 19° - Tour 85 Stiff

Ping G25 - 4-PW - CFS Stiff

Ping Glide OG (50° - 54° - 58°)

Ping Anser Milled

76 from big kid tees last weekend. Not bad considering...

• TSR2 9.25° Tensei 1k Pro Red 61S
  • TSR2 15° Tour AD-VF 74S
  • T200 17° 2i Tensei AV Raw White Hybrid 90S
  • T100 3i & 4i MMT 95S
  • T100 5i-9i MMT 105S
  • T100 PW MMT 105S 113-SW.
  • SM10 F52.12, T58.4, DG200 127S
  • SC/CA Monterey
  • DASH -ProV1x or AVX

So, they aerated and top-dressed the greens this last week. Only hit balls on the range, didn't even try the course.

Figured conditions would be better today so gave it a shot. Saved my best all-around ball striking of the year, maybe ever, for shaggy greens with holes all over them, with some, but not all, filled with gravely something. Probably rolled 5 on the Stimpmeter. 15 GIR, no putt longer than 35 feet, a half dozen inside of 10 feet, but every putt a bumpy adventure. Still, only missed 1 four footer in spite of the random bounces. So took 35 strokes on the greens. Smooth effortless 74. No heroics, just good game management with solid tee and iron play. Sure wish the greens had rolled true though, might have been a career round.

Nice send off, I'm on the road for the next couple of weeks so no more golf until the end of the month.

Just got back from shooting a career round of 44 for nine holes (I usually average in high 40s/low 50s). Saved a TON of strokes putting as I started choking up and reducing the size of my swing and my pacing was on target all day. Could've been a 42, but I butchered a short par 5 on the ninth hole that I usually play well and scored a 7. Still, I'm happy with how I got out of trouble throughout the round (e.g. made a bogey save after hitting it into the water on one hole) and improved my short game.

Played my easy local 9 hole muni this evening

81, second best round of the year
9 pars, 9 bogies only one 3 putt

Not doing anything great, but staying out of trouble

Iron play 160-100 or so is much better than this spring, and the putter is steadily improving.

Using game golf app, no tags
It is helping me with real world distances for my clubs, not best case scenario .

Although, I did blast a 7i that caught the back fringe and jumped down the bank 20 yds, 171 threw a little kink in the 7i stats, my typical is like 145

A random 85 yesterday after shooting anywhere from a 99-103 the last few months. What helped was 1 drop (lost ball over a fence on a tight fairway), and ZERO 3-putts. The driver was on the front 9 but missed 3-4 very makeable putts within 5-7 feet. Back 9 the driver disappeared (probably missed every fairway), but I was scrambling well with a few up and downs, and a made putts. Course management was good yesterday, when I was missing, I seemed to always have a punch shot towards the green to get the ball at least to the fringe.

Worst round of the year yesterday. :(

We played a different course about 45 miles away, good course, we all like it a lot. It's a tough one with a rating of 74, but with my game it wouldn't have mattered if it was rated 65 or 85. Absolutely no feel for the club (any club) all day.

38 putts, and five penalty shots leads to a stellar 89 (off a 4.3 index).

Oh well, the sun will come up and we'll hit it again today.

Hit 12/13 fairways. Greens, not so much!

Greens were soft and wet for some reason. Putting was decent.

[attachment=2989146:ImageUploadedByGolfWRX Mobile1444618692.736855.jpg]

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 10.5*
Fairway: TaylorMade M6 15*
Fairway: TaylorMade M2 18*
Irons: Titleist 718 T-MB 4 iron
Irons: Titleist 718 AP2 5-PW
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-Zipcore 50*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 54*
Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 60*
Putter: TaylorMade Spider X

Finally took the monkey off my back, and broke 100 yesterday!

I shot a 98 from the blues (6452/70.9/117). It really helped that I hit 44% of fairways dead on, and most of the rest just into the rough. There were only two holes where I got myself into bad trouble off the tee, and I just bumped it back into the fairway on those.

My putting was actually very good, much better than the 37 putts I put up. I had a few one putts, and two three putts, but I couldn't seem to find the flag on the back 9, and most of the first putts were from 20-30+ feet out. I lipped out so many of the long ones that I was amazed none of them went down. At least all of them apart from one left me with either a tap in, or within a few feet of hole. Honestly, it was probably the best I've ever putted, and could have easily been well over 40 putts had that part of my game not been so on.

Now that the 100 dragon has been slain, I'm sitting here saying "Wth was so hard about that?"

I shot a 37 last week on the back 9 and yesterday play the same back 9 and shot a 45. Leaves are starting to cover the fairways, greens as it's Fall and I shouldn't be worried about keeping score at all this time of year. Also favoring a nasty cut I received on my hand 5 days ago doesn't help the concentration level. I'm at that point where every time I get out I say to myself this may be the last time of the year so I go when maybe it's time to just take a long break from the game.

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

80 with multiple 3 putts; greens were rolling too true and nice for a slapstick like me to play on them.

I was wonderful off the tee and missed the green from 15, 40, 50 yds away :to_become_senile: . I did make 4 birds (3 on par 5's) when I wasn't strapping the flat stick all over the place.

Still trying to wrap my mind around if this was a good round or not; shooting 80 is around average (for me) but I struck the ball so well, made some nice birdie putts yet 3 putted from 10 ft multiple times while missing greens from laughable distances. I lost a bunch of money to my short hitting buddy who missed numerous greens but got up and down every f'ing time (shot 70) and another good pal who I swear never hit a bad shot sans the 7 he took on a par 3(72). I knew I was in a little trouble on the first green as they were rolling a little too true for our high stakes (for us) game. Oh well, I wasn't scrambling from behind a tree 170 yds out and that's good for my mental health.

I've come to the conclusion the short man is about as accurate with 3h as I am with a 56-60; he's probably always known this :).

My course closed Monday for the season .... shot 78 which I was happy with, but most of all I got 105 rounds in. Should the weather hold for the next few weeks I'm hoping to get 4-5 more rounds in at different courses before the snow arrives, which is normally around trick or treat day.

Cheers

D.

Ping G430 10k - 10.5° Driver - Ventus Blue 6-S Velo

Ping G430 Max 15° 3 Wood - Tour Ad Di8-S
Ping G430 Max 21° 7 Wood - Tour Chrome 2.0 75 S

Ping G430’s, 4-P/W - UST Recoil ES 780 F4-S

Ping G430 - 45° & 50° - UST Recoil 95's F4-S

Ping Glide Pro 56° - UST Recoil 95's F4-S

Odyssey Versa Jailbird 380 Limited Edition Putter

Ping DLX Cart Bag

V1 Sport Push Cart - Garmin Approach G80

86 - 1 birdie, 5 pars, 9 bogies, 3 dbogeys 6 - 3 putts with 3 of those on greens in regulation. 2 one putts. I'm a basket case with the putter.

Best driving day this year.

Driver: Callaway Epic Flash 10.5

4W Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8

8,9 Eleven 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 6&GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Ping Sigma G Ketsch B

One of my stranger rounds today.

I've been working at changing my predominant ball flight from right-to-left to left-to=right. it started a little less than 2 weeks ago. I'm getting there on the range but struggling to really feel it on the course. As a result of spending the majority of my practice time on the range, my short game and especially my putting is not very good. I shot a 35 (-1) on Friday with 17 shots from tee to green and 18 putts.

My putting woes continued in today's round. My stroke was flat out horrible. On the front I hit 6-7 fairways, 7 of 9 greens but shot 40 with 20 putts. The back nine began much the same way and after a 3-putt bogey on the 11th, I stood at +5. We were playing our weekend money game at my club and I was severely hampering the team. But I was hitting it decen enough so I wasnt givin up on the round.

I hit good drives and good approached on 12 and 13, both to about 15'. I barely missed each putt, one a little low, the other a little high, but they were minor misreads more than bad strokes. And then it happened...

I had 71 yards for my approach on the par 5 14th and canned it for an eagle. I hit a perfect 5-iron from 192 on the 15th that landed about 4' from the hole but trickled through the green; I got it up and down for par. On the 16th, another par 5, I hit a lob wedge to 8' and made the putt for birdie. A perfect drive on 17, an 8-iron to 15' and another make for birdie on 17. Then a perfect tee shot on 18 followed by a lob wedge to 1' for a tap-in biride. I went 3-3-4-3-3 (-5) over the last five holes to get my round nack to Even. It ended up launching our team to a T1 in the money game and got me a little skins money as well.

40-32-72 with 12/14 fairways, 15 GIR, and 33 putts (very skewed by only 4 putts over the final 5 holes). I wasnt able to find that left-to-right shot shape I was looking for but I hit the ball prwtty solidly all day long.