Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round2)

DavePelz4

FYI guys, the Speed Golf world championships are coming to the Glen Club Oct 17-18. Free admission for spectators.

SUcks that it is on a MOnday and Tuesday, but I'm definitely gonna try and get out there and check that out. I feel like I need to see this in person at least for an hour or so.

Shouldn't they be able to play it in 1 day?

Heading up to Wonder Lake for the weekend. Might be playing Oak Grove Sunday morning. Never played there. Anyone been out there recently?

You'll love Oak Grove BMan with a couple exceptions. The range balls are pathetic and not likely to be clean.

The course is 17 great holes and one of the most messed up holes you'll play in your life in #11. Generally, it's in plus condition and you'll enjoy the layout. Knowing you'll play the tips, you will open with possibly the toughest 2 opening holes in Chicago. The first hole is around 465 and the second is nearly 480, both are par 4's. The second generally plays into the prevailing wind. The second hole green also slopes severely front to back so a word to the wise.

There are 5 par 3's and the only par 5 you'll be able to reach in 2 is probably #18. The greens are normally very good.

The course doesn't get a ton of play because of the location. Usually after 10AM it's pretty wide open. No rangers so you manage your own pace of play. The pro shop is very spartan and the bar is just OK.

Cheers mate. Thanks.

So what was your take on Oak Grove Sir?

FYI guys, the Speed Golf world championships are coming to the Glen Club Oct 17-18. Free admission for spectators.

SUcks that it is on a MOnday and Tuesday, but I'm definitely gonna try and get out there and check that out. I feel like I need to see this in person at least for an hour or so.

RSJ is protesting this contest because they don't have time to socialize while playing

I'm heading to eastern Iowa tomorrow morning for 5 rounds over 3 days. The forecast looks promising.

Did you keep going west and play The Harvester????

No, but I probably should have. After driving 950 miles through Nebraska two weeks ago, I was looking to keep the miles down. However, I really didn't pay attention to the map, as I wasn't that far from Ames when I played in Pella. Oh well, there will be another time.

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

I was thinking an hour.

Heading up to Wonder Lake for the weekend. Might be playing Oak Grove Sunday morning. Never played there. Anyone been out there recently?

You'll love Oak Grove BMan with a couple exceptions. The range balls are pathetic and not likely to be clean.

The course is 17 great holes and one of the most messed up holes you'll play in your life in #11. Generally, it's in plus condition and you'll enjoy the layout. Knowing you'll play the tips, you will open with possibly the toughest 2 opening holes in Chicago. The first hole is around 465 and the second is nearly 480, both are par 4's. The second generally plays into the prevailing wind. The second hole green also slopes severely front to back so a word to the wise.

There are 5 par 3's and the only par 5 you'll be able to reach in 2 is probably #18. The greens are normally very good.

The course doesn't get a ton of play because of the location. Usually after 10AM it's pretty wide open. No rangers so you manage your own pace of play. The pro shop is very spartan and the bar is just OK.

Cheers mate. Thanks.

So what was your take on Oak Grove Sir?

Didn't play. Was supposed to play with a buddy and he couldn't make it. That and FEW also had a lot to do with it.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Spent the late morning/early afternoon in some brutal heat today up and Thunderhawk. The course itself was a treat and well deserving of the ranking it seems to get among the courses in Illinois, lots of fun holes and a lot of challenging holes. Tee to green the course was in phenomenal condition. Some of the best greens I've seen this season. This course benefits from local knowledge and now that I've played it I would have done a few holes a lot different like my drive on 9 and not going for 18 in two. The only knock against the course would be the bunkers, they have the opposite problem most courses have in that they had way too much sand in them. You stepped into one and you sunk right in and the sand was so soft and deep it was almost impossible to get out of them. Sadly I struggled a bit on some of the approach shots and ended up in more than my share of bunkers each one costing me a stroke. Oh well, at $70 I will gladly return and play this one again with no questions asked.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

Playing Big Run tomorrow. What's it like?

No driving range, no fancy club house, nothing on the course is pristine but expect one of the most fun and frustrating rounds of golf you'll play. It's a very unique piece of land with lots of elevation changes that you don't normally get in Chicago. It's long and its hard. Hole 9 is one of the hardest holes in Chicago, if you're past the hole on 11 you're going to have a difficult putt/chip back down, 13 is a great downhill par 3 and then hole 18 has one of the biggest climbs from fairway to green for a great finish.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

Anyone playing in the CDGA individual net next Tuesday at Boulder Ridge?

It will be my first event and first time playing the course

I haven't played that much recently due to work and travel so I'll have to adjust my expectations accordingly

TM SIM 10.5* - Ventus Velocore Blue TR 5S
TEE  XCG7B  3h  19* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S  
TEE  XCG7B  4h  22* Ventus Velocore HB Blue 8S
TEE  XCG7B  5h  25* Diamana Thump i465ct 4iron shaft
Wishon 560MC 5-PW (26,30,34,38,42.5,47) Recoil Proto 125 F4
Vokey SM7 50-08F S200 bent to 51*
Wishon HM wedges 56/60 Wishon Smooth steel Stiff
2013-2016 SC Futura X5R 33' flownecked by Bastain-cerakote sniper gray-silver dots-white flange sight line-SS Flatso 2.0

TM TP5x

Spent the late morning/early afternoon in some brutal heat today up and Thunderhawk. The course itself was a treat and well deserving of the ranking it seems to get among the courses in Illinois, lots of fun holes and a lot of challenging holes. Tee to green the course was in phenomenal condition. Some of the best greens I've seen this season. This course benefits from local knowledge and now that I've played it I would have done a few holes a lot different like my drive on 9 and not going for 18 in two. The only knock against the course would be the bunkers, they have the opposite problem most courses have in that they had way too much sand in them. You stepped into one and you sunk right in and the sand was so soft and deep it was almost impossible to get out of them. Sadly I struggled a bit on some of the approach shots and ended up in more than my share of bunkers each one costing me a stroke. Oh well, at $70 I will gladly return and play this one again with no questions asked.

Hmmm, maybe we can take up a collection to rent a few dump trucks. I'm sure a few courses in the area, e.g. Harborside, could use some of the sand.

Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge

Played White Pines East yesterday for the 1st time in 12 years or so. Was it in the best shape? No. However, we found it to be somewhat difficult with some tight fairways, well bunkered greens and somewhat long par 3s (over water).

From the tips, it's only between 6300/6400 yds but played alot longer. Played like cr+p (95) but need to get out there again in the near future.

15 hcp

Hmmm, maybe we can take up a collection to rent a few dump trucks. I'm sure a few courses in the area, e.g. Harborside, could use some of the sand.

Funny you say that, I think I said the exact some thing at some point in the day

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

I'm playing Highland Woods for the first time this Saturday. 'Not expecting much, but after DP4's "glowing" review last month, I guess it's time to check it out.

On Sunday it'll be my first visit to Countryside (Traditional). 'Thought the Prairie course was decent, so I expect a reasonable layout. This will be my 80th round of the season, two ahead of last year's blistering pace. I have no idea what the fall weather will be like, but I'm hoping to come close to last year's total. It'll also be my 47th new course played this year. I played my 350th course (Dismal River - Doak) in Nebraska last month, and I'm on pace to hit my 400th next August. I'm thinking about a trip to Monterey, with the possibility of playing Pebble Beach as my 400th course.

I'm still chipping away at the Chicago list. With the two this coming weekend, I'll have added 16 new courses to the list this season. I still have ~30 to play, though. Gawd, there are a lot of public courses in Chicago. I guess when I've finished playing all of them I'll have to move to a new city, and start over again. Lol.

Has anyone played Bunker Hill Farms in Woodstock? Got an invite there in two weeks.

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black

Has anyone played Bunker Hill Farms in Woodstock? Got an invite there in two weeks.

If that's code for Bull Valley then yes. I don't know what else is in Woodstock worth the drive!

But if its the code for Old Top Farm, I would drive the other direction.

Twitter: @itsnotgriffin
Site: [url="http://www.thebottomgroove.com/"]www.thebottomgroove.com[/url]

WITB:
Callaway Big Bertha Epic 10.5
Callaway BBA 5 Wood
Callaway XR 7 Wood - Frankenstyle
Apex Hybrid 23deg
Apex Pro 5i-PW
MD3 52, 56 W-Grind
MD3 60 PM Grind
Odyssey O-Works - #1/3T (putter commitment issues)

We're making the trek to Silvis for Deere Run on Saturday. Heard they aerated a few weeks ago. Anyone play out there lately? Greens healed?

That's awful. I'd turn around and play Tanna Farms instead.

Keep going and play The Harvester. In fact, turn it into a stay and play bc after it kicks your butt the first round you're going to want revenge!

We're making the trek to Silvis for Deere Run on Saturday. Heard they aerated a few weeks ago. Anyone play out there lately? Greens healed?

You know, the last time "we" played there, a few guys in the final group were not exactly happy with their score. A bit cranky they were, if memory serves, and it was yet another round where Lefty lost to someone old enough to be his grandfather.

Babs Streisand and I are both singing "Memories..."

You know, the last time "we" played there, a few guys in the final group were not exactly happy with their score. A bit cranky they were, if memory serves, and it was yet another round where Lefty lost to someone old enough to be his grandfather.

Babs Streisand and I are both singing "Memories..."

I wasn't happy shooting 70 or whatever either. I was however happy with the brews supplied however. Hmmn. Tanna Farms Craft Brewery has a nice ring to it.

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Bunker Hill Farms is a privately owned course near the old , now vacant Plum Tree course. They only let out two groups per day is what I was told. Typically offered as a high end raffle item at charity auctions.

M3 9.5* / Atmos Black Tour Spec
M4 16.5* / Hzrdus Black
M4 Hybrid 19* / KBS Prototype
P-770 / Project X LZ 6.0
52* / 58* Black Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
59* Original Trusty Rusty / Hump shaft
60* Raw Milled Grind Wedge / KBS Custom
Toulon Garage Columbus Triple Black