Paige Spiranac?

Endres

Not to make a direct comparison, but Nike (and her dad) pushed Michelle Wie all over the golf map before she ever hit two fairways in a row.

If Paige can make a living out of what she is doing I have no quarrel with it.

No offense, but your comparison is apples and oranges. Even back then, at age 13 or 14, Michelle was a golfing prodigy. Not defending Bo and BJ, but they were only marketing Michelle's golfing ability which was other-worldly, not her beauty or anything else that has no correlation to her god-given abilities. Whether that was smart on their part is completely different topic of conversation (and has been beaten to death in other threads on this site and others).

Ya mean a bunch of top 5 major finishes isn't better than a top 5 Instagram post?

Titleist TSR3 9° Tensei Pro Blue 60 

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Professional golf tours are a a business as are equipment, gear, and apparel companies and all of the other corporate sponsors. All of the above rely on multi-facteted marketing campaigns to bring sets of eyes to their offerings. If they don't succeed at this, they will falter and ultimately fail. No viewership, no sponsors,no tour.

As much as many of us would like to virtuistically believe in the pureness of sport... that skill, performance, and results on the course/field are all that matter, that's just not the case. Tour executives, equipment manufacturers, TV producers, and sponsors know what works, and it's not skill alone, no matter how shallow some may think this is.

An athlete's perceived attractiveness has long been a factor in all sports. More so with women's sports than men's, but it's still there with the men and greatly influences a professional athlete's income.

So Paige Spiranac is playing the game. She's built a following and garnered incredible public attention, notoriety, and awareness through her social media endeavours. Her appearance has proven to be a valuable asset. She may not make it as a professional golfer, but I'll bet she ultimately lands a lucrative gig of some sort through all of this. If not, she'll have missed an opportunity to take advantage of her 15 minutes...

It may not seem fair that she takes a tournament spot away from a better golfer, but life is not fair. Business is cutthroat and not everyone gets a trophy, on or off the course.

USGA Index: ~0

[b]WITB[/b]:
Ping G410 LST 9 degree - Tour AD IZ 6x
Ping G410 LST - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Kasco K2K 33 - Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 
Callaway RazrX Tour 4h - Tour 95 shaft
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Taylormade HiToe 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade HiToe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

Professional golf tours are a a business as are equipment, gear, and apparel companies and all of the other corporate sponsors. All of the above rely on multi-facteted marketing campaigns to bring sets of eyes to their offerings. If they don't succeed at this, they will falter and ultimately fail. No viewership, no sponsors,no tour.

As much as many of us would like to virtuistically believe in the pureness of sport... that skill, performance, and results on the course/field are all that matter, that's just not the case. Tour executives, equipment manufacturers, TV producers, and sponsors know what works, and it's not skill alone, no matter how shallow some may think this is.

An athlete's perceived attractiveness has long been a factor in all sports. More so with women's sports than men's, but it's still there with the men and greatly influences a professional athlete's income.

So Paige Spiranac is playing the game. She's built a following and garnered incredible public attention, notoriety, and awareness through her social media endeavours. Her appearance has proven to be a valuable asset. She may not make it as a professional golfer, but I'll bet she ultimately lands a lucrative gig of some sort through all of this. If not, she'll have missed an opportunity to take advantage of her 15 minutes...

It may not seem fair that she takes a tournament spot away from a better golfer, but life is not fair. Business is cutthroat and not everyone gets a trophy, on or off the course.

Nuff said!!

Paige is "living the dream" at this point in time but probably needs to develop a little thicker skin. If you want to be a public figure you have to take the good with the bad, right or wrong. Those that "bully" her online just cant figure out why they are stuck in a perpetual schit-hole and feel they lost their entitlement somewhere along the way.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

No one is doubting your statement. You are spot on. She has done a wonderful job using her body to garner attention and income. Congratulations to her using what she has to make a good living. She has chosen to market her body, and making threats and attacks on her for it is appalling. People are allowed to have respectful opinions, one way or another. I don't care how people live their lives in anyway, but call a spaid a spaid. She uses her body to market herself, yet is aggrieved when made aware of it.

Callaway BBV 10.5 Neutral w/ 44.5 inch Motore 565 speeder shaft stiff
Callaway BBV 3 Wood, 15.5 stiff, 5 Wood 19 stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 19 Hybrid stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 4-PW
Ping Glide 50 SS
Cleveland CG16 , 56
Wilson Staff Grant Park Putter

Given some of the comments that I have read on here, typically a fairly refrained site, I can imagine some of the vitriol that she must get online. The amount of absolute rockets out there who get kicks out abusing people online is pathetic. You can say all you like about the guys and girls who do that sort of thing but eventually, that sort of thing is going to get you down.

I feel sorry for Paige on that front. Beyond that, there are never ending arguments that you could get into that I just can't be bothered with. Good luck to her though. It would be brilliant if she could move a few rungs up the ladder and get a tour card somewhere.

Her stance against online bullying - I wonder if this has surfaced now because of the intimate photo that she sent to either Kaymer or Uihlein depending on who you believe is now out in the wider world, been doing the rounds here as she is in town for the Ladies Masters.

This is out in the wider world but my attempts at Googling it give me nothing. What's the deal?

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist 915Hd 17.5* Mitsubishi Diamana D+ Stiff
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM10 50.08F, 54.10D (Raw) & 60.04T (Raw) KBS Tour Stiff
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Given some of the comments that I have read on here, typically a fairly refrained site, I can imagine some of the vitriol that she must get online. The amount of absolute rockets out there who get kicks out abusing people online is pathetic. You can say all you like about the guys and girls who do that sort of thing but eventually, that sort of thing is going to get you down.

I feel sorry for Paige on that front. Beyond that, there are never ending arguments that you could get into that I just can't be bothered with. Good luck to her though. It would be brilliant if she could move a few rungs up the ladder and get a tour card somewhere.

Her stance against online bullying - I wonder if this has surfaced now because of the intimate photo that she sent to either Kaymer or Uihlein depending on who you believe is now out in the wider world, been doing the rounds here as she is in town for the Ladies Masters.

This is out in the wider world but my attempts at Googling it give me nothing. What's the deal?

#FakeNews

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Did it come from Kaymer of Uihlein? If not, what's the origin of the rumor?

Personally, I don't believe it for one minute. If you have Pagie's looks, an intimate photo isn't needed to get someone's attention.

Just like the old song "Video Killed the Radio Star", social media has kind of killed the more skilled yet less attractive star.

Killed to who? Not necessarily all those who follow the LPGA Tour. Inbee Park and Shanshan Feng are huge attractions to people who value golfing skill.

If my choices are Paige/Cheyenne/Blair playing okay golf or Inbee/Shanshan/Stacy Lewis playing great golf, I guess I'm part of the problem because I am choosing the former.

I can agree to a point. As a guy, of course the eye candy is great, but watching a tourney with everyone shooting well over par would get old week after week.

Nuff said!!

Paige is "living the dream" at this point in time but probably needs to develop a little thicker skin. If you want to be a public figure you have to take the good with the bad, right or wrong. Those that "bully" her online just cant figure out why they are stuck in a perpetual schit-hole and feel they lost their entitlement somewhere along the way.

Trust me, she's not living the dream. Her sponsorship opportunities are just barely covering her expenses related to golf. Not to suggest she's living hand to mouth, but her life is far less glamorous than what she's selling on Instagram.

Nuff said!!

Trust me, she's not living the dream. Her sponsorship opportunities are just barely covering her expenses related to golf. Not to suggest she's living hand to mouth, but her life is far less glamorous than what she's selling on Instagram.

Take Tom Brady, remove all of his NFL Talent and place him as a manager at Best Buy. Now, add in some golf talent, just about enough to shoot par on most days. Give him an online profile for Instagram, and have him take a bunch of sexy pics with the girl in my avatar. He posts his journey to the PGA TOUR on a daily basis.

Does anyone care?

Nuff said!!

LOL..........I wouldn't assume that income has anything to do with chasing/living the dream. I don't know Paige and I don't follow her on Instagram or any other social media that she may be active on but she's young and has time to "screw up" and change directions in her life if her current course doesn't work out.

I worked at The Oven for 8 years and was living the dream. Even though my income was one-third of what I made in some of my other professional careers, working for Nike at The Oven, for me, was simply the best work environment and group of people I've been associated with in my 40 plus years in the workforce. I'd do it again in a heartbeat..........it's not always about the money.

TaylorMade M2 10.5 / Matrix White Tie 50X4 R
Callaway Apex 3/20 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3
Callaway Apex 4/23 Hybrid / USTM Recoil 760 ES F3

Maltby KE Tour TC 5/25 Hybrid / Rapport CoreBlue Hybrid R flex
Maltby Forged DBM 4-GW / USTM Recoil 660 F3
Maltby TSW DRM 58 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby TSW DRM 54 / UST Rv2 Gold 115 R
Maltby PTM-5 with 3" Carbon Steel hosel & UST Frequency Filter shaft
Nike RZN Tour Black or TaylorMade Tour Response

Nuff said!!

Sorry gotta say it-her expenses are not the only things barely covered. :)

Titleist TSR3 9° Tensei Pro Blue 60 

Titleist TS3 3w 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Sorry gotta say it-her expenses are not the only things barely covered. :)

WITB:
SDLR White 10* Speeder 6.2x TS
Epic 14* AD TP7, Rogue 17* PX Evenflow Black
R15 3H Rogue Black 85
MP-18 MMC 4 - PW Modus 120x
50* T7, 58* PM-Grind
Ghost Spider Si Slant

Nuff said!!

LOL..........I wouldn't assume that income has anything to do with chasing/living the dream. I don't know Paige and I don't follow her on Instagram or any other social media that she may be active on but she's young and has time to "screw up" and change directions in her life if her current course doesn't work out.

I worked at The Oven for 8 years and was living the dream. Even though my income was one-third of what I made in some of my other professional careers, working for Nike at The Oven, for me, was simply the best work environment and group of people I've been associated with in my 40 plus years in the workforce. I'd do it again in a heartbeat..........it's not always about the money.

Without reading the whole thread (I think one can pretty much guess what it's all about).

I'm sure there's a lot of things she gets that most wouldn't but she pays for it in other ways. I'm sure the constant criticism of "you don't belong here" would wear anyone down.

Working at The Oven would've be awesome. I think anyone that visits this board would agree.

One of the things I say is "Money doesn't make you happy, but having it makes it a lot easier".

Nuff said!!

I'm not going to trust you. She may be living her dream, you dont know that she's not (unless you're in her inner circle and in that case, my apologies). Also, unless you are her business manager you have no idea what her sponsorships are paying her. Instagram models make a decent amount of money. The number I have seen thrown around is that an IG model with 200k followers can get between $5000-7500 per month. Paige has almost 900k followers. I would wager that her sponsorship deals are a little different than the ones that other women on the Cactus tour are getting.

Callaway Rogue ST Max - Tensei AV White - 8*
Taylormade M3 HL - MFS5 White Tie 60S -0.75" (42.5")

Mizuno JPX 923 HMP - 4-G - Recoil 95 S - 2* upright

Callaway X-JAWS - 52/58*

Odyssey OWorks 2ball  -  34" - 1* loft - 71* lie
Slighter Proto 1 #9/Del Mar design - High Toe - Long neck - Deep Milled face - 33", 370gr, lie 71*, loft 4*

WITB Link

Personally, I don't believe it for one minute. If you have Pagie's looks, an intimate photo isn't needed to get someone's attention.

It's 100% true, 100% out there, and 100% available to any member of the PGA Tour at a moment's notice. That's not an opinion, that's a sourced fact.

It was pretty sad listening to her talk about cyber bullying. I don't know if it's in fact because she sent a selfie to one of the pros, but the instances she was referring to in her presser were all in regards to previous incidents.

Is she using sex to sell her image and gain attention? Absolutely. Does that mean she deserves to be told that she should be dead and her parents are horrible people and would be better off dead? Not so much.

Even the male pros talk about having to tune out the social media and get on with their lives. It's unfortunate that there isn't some consequence for the level of vitriol that some put out there online.

Best wishes to Paige and the other golf "models" - hopefully they'll develop the game to drop the modelling and be the whole package.

It's 100% true, 100% out there, and 100% available to any member of the PGA Tour at a moment's notice. That's not an opinion, that's a sourced fact.

That's not cool

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

You don't have to be on the PGA tour to have it, it's been circling round here all week, I don't know anyone that plays golf who hasn't seen it by now.

+5 through 18, 4 Birdies, 6 Bogeys and a triple. Wild ride, too many bad holes, but also 4 Birds. Pezzola shot +10.

If she sent an "intimate" picture to Kaymer or Uihlein it's her and his private business. If the recipient of this picture leaked it to the public without her permission he should get his a** kicked. Why should Martin Kaymer do this (if he was the guy, which I highly doubt!)? For money? Sure not! This "story" has way too many IFs.

I remember her talking about cryin' n' throwin' up at last year's Dubai Masters too. But she'll bounce back, she's a fighter. That's the Paigey I know at least.

Without some frustration and hard work...maybe a few tears...it wouldn't be worth it. She'll keep improving. I hear she broke 70 for the first time this year. I'm still struggling to break 90 consistently. Done it twice. Hardest thing ever! :)

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

lol - so lemme get this straight, paige and pezzola show up and properly go, T87 and DFL; ladies, if you read this - words of advice:

1) if you are attractive -- sure it opens doors for you, but you actually have to have talent to play this game.

2) go back to selling yourselves, fittea, teeth whiteners, and coffee ground skin care products.

3) if your gonna be a hoe, be a hoe -- don't make yourselves out to be something you're not; guys mostly don't care anyway -- this includes: being a golfer, being into cars, being into fitness...etc.

Taylormade Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 10*) / Denali Black 60TX

Taylormade Qi10 Tour / 3w (dialed 1 notch higher) / HZRDUS RDX Smoke Green 85 6.5

Taylormade P-DHY / 2i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW (3* weak) / KBS Tour X

Cleveland RTX6 / 54, 58 (full face2) / DG TI Spinner

Odyssey Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

You don't have to be on the PGA tour to have it, it's been circling round here all week, I don't know anyone that plays golf who hasn't seen it by now.

Interesting, I'm on here pretty frequently and this is the first I have even read/heard about it let alone seen anything.

----> See my current WITB
Callaway Rogue Sub Zero 9°, Fujikura VENTUS Red 6 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 15° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero 18° Tensei AV Blue 75 X
Mizuno MP-18 MMC 3 Fli-Hi | 4-PW, Project X LZ 6.5
Mizuno T7 52-09 | 58-12
TaylorMade TP Mullen

Interesting, I'm on here pretty frequently and this is the first I have even read/heard about it let alone seen anything.

That's because you (and I) as well as many others actually have a life!

Sending a compromising a photo to someone who is not trustworthy is a mistake, dare I say *most* young people, especially young ladies will make in this lifetime. We as golfers are not known for our youth and "finger on the pulse" outlook, so I can understand why that would surprise some of you. I was placed in the unusual position of speaking with an entire high school about the ramifications of this type of behavior, exacerbated by the fact that many of them are legally "minors" and such photos are legally considered child pornography. To create a dialogue that was effective I put some thought into the difference between my generation, the last of the "film and developing of photos" and theirs with cameras in their phones and fast internet everywhere. One of the few things that really seemed to get through to them was to visualize where they wanted to be in 10, 15, 20, and 25 years and ask themselves if these photos surfacing would be embarrassing or hurt their loved ones or career aspirations? Most of these kids, living in a rural population, aspire to find the right partner and be married and have kids in the next ten years and to visualize if they saw a photo like that of their mom or dad, how that would impact them and their family was one of the only things that seemed to make much of an impact.

Anyways, big detour, but it seems there's a niche for these "on the bubble" ladies that are attractive. I think both professions, pro golfer and model, are fine ways to earn a living. I think Paige will have to grow a thicker skin about Instagram comments if she's serious about either. It's an unfortunate part of life on planet Earth at this moment that people say horrible things behind the veil of anonymity.

FTR, rereading that post... I went off a total tangent in those talks explaining the difference in the technology and how without a negative even if the tech at the "art house" developing studio stole a print of your nude picture, it would be difficult to replicate without the negative and would degrade greatly reducing the chance that it would surface in 10 or 15 years. I also explained how a digital file could never be exterminated from the internet, all of which kept me from having to spend any more time talking about the "morality" of it. Haha. Awkward.