2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

Ping G, G LS Tec and SF Tec Drivers

zakkozuchowski

I played a 9* G30 LS Tour S shaft all of last year. Even had a 1 on a 324yd Par4 with the club. Thought I would go to the grave with the club. I drank the koolaide though in October and got fit for an M1. It was slightly longer and I tried to convince myself it was just as forgiving. Fast forward to yesterday and I dropped by my local Golfsmith. They had just taken in a 9* G LS on trade. I decided to hit it a few times on their monitor. I couldn't believe the numbers. Having trouble spinning it over 2000 and I remembered my G30 averaging around 2500. So out to the car I went and grabbed both the G30 and the M1. I'm not sure what the magic in this head is but I was consistently 300-400 rpms less spin on the G vs the G30 with my same Tour 65 shaft. This pushed the G back past the M1 in distance and don't even talk about dispersion. I averaged just over 2000 total spin and 260 total distance with my meager 100mph swing and that's with the bad shots added into the equation. So if anyone wants a mint G30 LS 9*, one has been traded at Golfsmith in Duluth GA. Plus they have 15% off all their used clubs. I snagged this G for $298 out the door before trade. I'm keeping the M1 for now and will let them battle it out on the course over the next couple of weeks.

Not sure what the magic is in this head. I think I may have just run across "the one" for me. With the variances in manufacturing as such, sometimes you can luck into these situations if you don't want to wait for a digitally lofted perfectly fitted. Still I see more of an evolution in this head so if many on here are getting great results with a G30, no reason to upgrade. Just be sure to try it before you write the differences off.

The demo G LS at my local golf shop produces significantly better numbers than all other clubs I tested including the standard G with the same shaft (swapped between the two) and my current gamer i25. I almost feel like it is a 'magic' club for me but it isn't for sale. Hopefully the G LS I ordered performs as well as that demo. They didn't have any in stock or I would have hit the available stock to make sure.

PING G425 Max 9* @ 7.5* PING Tour 65s
PING G425 Max 3w PING Tour 75s
PING G425 22 PING Tour 85s
PING i210 4-pw DG120 S300
PING Glide 3.0 54s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 58
Taylormade Spider Tour S 35"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't had a chance to hit one of these yet, but I really love the look of the head and how it sits. I'm not a huge Bubba fan but has anyone heard if Ping is going to release his pink and black G driver? I think that looks really cool.

Driver: Titleist 915D3 Rogue 125 60TX
FW: Titleist 915F 16.5 degree Rogue Silver 70X
Hybrid: Adams Pro Mini 20 & 23
Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 KBS C-Taper
Wedges: Titleist SM5 54 & 58
Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select NP2

I would love one with Blue where his is pink and orange in the negative space....

Ping G410 LST Fujikura Atmos Black 6X 
Ping TiSi Tec 3 Wood Ping Tour Stiff
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping 410 Crossover 4 iron
Ping Blueprint Modus 120 S Powerspec 
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 48/52/56/60
Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

I would love one with Blue where his is pink and orange in the negative space....

Ping wrx might do it but it will cost extra. I know I ordered different colors on the bottom of my i25 in the past. Also had my name lasered into the hotel of irons.

Ping G410 lst diamana bf
Ping g410lst 3 wood accra tz6
Epic flash 5 wood tensei blue
ping g410 tensei hybrid
Epon 705 5-gw Oban ct115
Callaway MD5 54/58
taylormade my spider 
ping hoofer
tp5x

Ping wrx might do it but it will cost extra. I know I ordered different colors on the bottom of my i25 in the past. Also had my name lasered into the hotel of irons.

Google Continental Golf in Raleigh NC. They can do it for you. Just search in here as they have numerous photos up from members in here that have used them. They currently offer discount to wxrs

I got my Gsft, and it was digitally lofted to 9.5. I actually hit it better in the 10.1 degree setting.. A LOT Better. I have a 105-107 SS, i have a negative angle of attack that its pretty severe. at the fitting, lofting up did not make things better.. but in this case, KILLING IT.

Our driving range is about 250 to the back and to the left end is the maintenance barn with the dumpster about 270-280ish... I hit several (now they were tugged left about 15 yards from my target) and I hit several that bounced over the dumpster on the first hop...

Our range balls are about 10 yards short on most irons, but i would imagine as long as they arent knuckling, they arent that bad with the woods... so I'm pleased.

They did not get the lofting the way I wanted. I did not specify what position I wanted the 9.5 at (i ASSuMEd that it would be neutral. but that is not how they do it.

a 10 degree driver with 9.4 and 9 degrees at the adjustablilty points digitally lofted to 9.5 without specifying, is a 10.1 degree driver.. then adjusted down to 9.5 at the first adjustment point.

Just a heads up to anyone else that is thinking about ordering a digitally lofted head. you need to specify neutral.

I don't want to wait for a new one. But also, I hit this thing so well at the neutral setting, why get another one...

This seems pretty sketchy. I ordered a digitally lofted 9 degree head, and not gonna lie, I'm gonna be pissed if its simply adjusted with the hosel settings. That basically limits you on your adjustment from then on.

Cobra LTD HZRDUS 75g 6.5 (Synergy Black 70TX tipped 1/2")
Ping 2014 Rapture 3W - Blueboard 73x5ct
Cobra F8 3 hybrid (HZRDUS Black 85 6.5)
4 Hybrid...
Srixon Z545 5-AW (SF i110 stiff)
RTX 3.0 - 54 and 58 (SF i125 stiff)
Ping Ketsch Mid 

I got my Gsft, and it was digitally lofted to 9.5. I actually hit it better in the 10.1 degree setting.. A LOT Better. I have a 105-107 SS, i have a negative angle of attack that its pretty severe. at the fitting, lofting up did not make things better.. but in this case, KILLING IT.

Our driving range is about 250 to the back and to the left end is the maintenance barn with the dumpster about 270-280ish... I hit several (now they were tugged left about 15 yards from my target) and I hit several that bounced over the dumpster on the first hop...

Our range balls are about 10 yards short on most irons, but i would imagine as long as they arent knuckling, they arent that bad with the woods... so I'm pleased.

They did not get the lofting the way I wanted. I did not specify what position I wanted the 9.5 at (i ASSuMEd that it would be neutral. but that is not how they do it.

a 10 degree driver with 9.4 and 9 degrees at the adjustablilty points digitally lofted to 9.5 without specifying, is a 10.1 degree driver.. then adjusted down to 9.5 at the first adjustment point.

Just a heads up to anyone else that is thinking about ordering a digitally lofted head. you need to specify neutral.

I don't want to wait for a new one. But also, I hit this thing so well at the neutral setting, why get another one...

This seems pretty sketchy. I ordered a digitally lofted 9 degree head, and not gonna lie, I'm gonna be pissed if its simply adjusted with the hosel settings. That basically limits you on your adjustment from then on.

then you need to call your proshop/club and tell them to SPECIFY it needs to be at NEUTRAL...

it could be that my pro didn't know what to tell them as he had no clue what I was talking about..

but you might want to call just to be safe.

NG

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

then you need to call your proshop/club and tell them to SPECIFY it needs to be at NEUTRAL...

it could be that my pro didn't know what to tell them as he had no clue what I was talking about..

NG

Too late, my club will be here mon or Tues..

4 Hybrid...
Ping Ketsch Mid 

I know this is sort off topic, but I wanted to share my good experience with Ping CS today.

I cracked the face of my trusty G20 at the end of January. I sent it in to Ping on January 28th, and was offered a very fair price on a digitally lofted G LS replacement. I also separately ordered a G 3 wood to replace my ancient ISI Tec. I was told the club would ship after release date.

Reading this thread made me very excited for both clubs to come in. I called on the 16th and was told the club would ship out that week. I didn't hear or see anything from Ping, so I called on the 25th. I was told that they were waiting on a new stock of heads to be delivered on 3/2, which was contrary to what I was previously told.

I sent an email explaining my situation. I have no problem if a product is back-ordered or delayed, I just wanted to be told up front so I can set realistic expectations. Gerald from Ping called today, apologized for the miscommunication and explained that they had to first find a head that met my specs, which took longer than usual due to low stock. He said the club was being finished today and assured me I would have it before my first tournament of the year, even if it meant overnighting it.

Ping really came through and delivered the same amazing customer service that I've experienced the past few years. I can update when I receive the LS, but I am confident Ping will follow through.

For the record, I did receive the G 3 wood. I typically go with an aftermarket shaft due to my higher SS (114-116 with driver), but I have been incredibly impressed with the performance of the Tour 80 shaft. Can't wait for the G LS to come in!

Hand down the best CS in golf. Puts one of the Carlsbad giants to complete shame IMO.

PXG 0811X+ proto 10.5 Aldila NV blue
Cobra F9 3 wood
PING G410 3 hybrid Tensei blue 
Srixon Z585 4-pw Modus 105
PING Glide 2.0 50* KBS Tour
PING Glide 2.0 56* KBS Tour
TM high toe big foot 60*
Scotty Phantom X 5.5
Srixon Zstar

NG

what club did you order?

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

Anyone know who makes the Alta shaft for Ping ?

_________________________________________________________________________________________

:taylormade: Qi10 Max 12* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5R

PING G430 SFT 5w 19* | 7w 22* Alta CB Black (set to +/Flat)

Exotics Xrail 5h 26* Graphite Design Tour G

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke HL 6-AW True Temper Elevate 85R

PING Glide 4.0 56* WS Nippon Z-115

Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 60* | Smart Sole C 4.0

PING PLD Anser 2D

I could be wrong but I thought UST was making their stock shafts... Someone will have to confirm.

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

I haven't had a chance to hit one of these yet, but I really love the look of the head and how it sits. I'm not a huge Bubba fan but has anyone heard if Ping is going to release his pink and black G driver? I think that looks really cool.

Ping wouldn't confirm or deny the release of a pink version. They did say that they usually release the pink heads every other release (G20 and G30). Since we got the pink G30, it seems unlikely that we will get the G.

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

I got a G coming Monday. I'll pull the grip and check the shaft label on the Alta. Surprised nobody has done this yet and checked.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

PING PLD Anser 2D

Confirmed.......Aldila and UST do make their stock shafts. The Tour shaft is patterned after UST's Elements Chrome.......no clue on what the Alta is patterned after at Aldila.....probably a proprietary PING design that's contract manufactured by Aldila for them.

TITLEIST TSI3 9* - HZRDUS T1100 HANDMADE 6.0 
PING G410 15* - MITZ TENSEI PRO ORANGE 70X
PING G410 17* & 19* - MITZ TENSEI BLUE X & EF BLACK X
SRIXON ZX7's - 4-PW w/SPECIAL, TOUR ISSUE, BLACK KBS TOUR V 125'S
CALLAWAY PM2 54* X & 58* X - ORIGINAL PX Satin 5.5's (HSx1)
ODYSSEY STROKE LAB EXO 7S - CUSTOM

SCOTTY CAMERON 2001 TOUR ISSUE 3x CHOCOLATE NEWPORT BEACH
2017 BRIDGESTONE B330 Tour #1's & TITLEIST PRO V #1'X

Confirmed.......Aldila and UST do make their stock shafts. The Tour shaft is patterned after UST's Elements Chrome.......no clue on what the Alta is patterned after at Aldila.....probably a proprietary PING design that's contract manufactured by Aldila for them.

Why not just use the actual Chrome?

Ping G410 LST 10* (DI-6X)
Ping G410 3W 15.5* (DI-7X)
Ping i20 3-PW (PX 6.0)
Ping Glide 2.0 51*SS, 56*SS, 60*ES (PX 6.0)
Ping Vault Arna

Why not just use the actual Chrome?

May have something to do with PING wanting every component to have their name on it, and not UST's.

PXG Black Ops 9.75* - Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6X

PXG Black Ops 15* - Motore X F1 7X

PXG  Gen4 3 Iron - Recoil ES Hybrid F5

PXG Gen5 0311T 4-P - DGTI120 X100

Titleist Vokey SM9 50*, 56*, 60* - DGTI120 X100/S400

PXG Bat Attack H

Chrome Soft/Vice Pro Lime

Grabbed the 9* LS G and popped by Fuji Speeder TS in it, I really like it. I was in between a 9 & 10.5 LS for the G30, the 9* G at the +1* setting is perfect. Lower spin and more distance so far, but I will verify it all with trackman in the coming week.

The Alta shaft is junk, although in true Ping fashion, it'll probably work well for 40% of the market.

Epic SZ 9* Speeder 665
816 Alpha 14* Tensei Pro Blue
Titleist T-MB 3 - PW KBS C-Taper
Vokey SM6 Raw 50*F & 55*M, Low Bounce K 59*
Scotty Cameron Newport Buttonback

I'm planning on getting fit for a G30 or G driver this week. For those of you hitting the tour 65 shaft, what's your swing speed? I'm in the 97-102 range. Would that put me in a regular or stiff?

I would think that would be in the stiff range?

4 Hybrid...
Ping Ketsch Mid 

NG

what club did you order?

G LS digitally lofted at 9 degrees, with the Tour 80X shaft.

4 Hybrid...
Ping Ketsch Mid 

I'm planning on getting fit for a G30 or G driver this week. For those of you hitting the tour 65 shaft, what's your swing speed? I'm in the 97-102 range. Would that put me in a regular or stiff?

Stiff for sure.

I'm right around 89-93 and the Tour 65 and 80 in R flex is the best staft I've come across yet. I had the Tour 65 S abd it was too much shaft for me.

PING PLD Anser 2D

I played the G30 LST last year and bounced back and forth between the stock TFC in Stiff and the Tour 65 S last year and my swing speed range is the same as you. The Tour 65 stiff is a stout shaft and I could hit it further than the TFC but on off days or when a little tired late in the round the shaft was a bit much. I just upgraded to the new G LS and will be trying the Tour 65 R this year. So far has felt great in my basement and doesn't seem like I will be able to overload it. I think you could play either the Tour 65 R or S but might come down to if you consider yourself a smooth or aggressive swinger.

Grabbed the 9* LS G and popped by Fuji Speeder TS in it, I really like it. I was in between a 9 & 10.5 LS for the G30, the 9* G at the +1* setting is perfect. Lower spin and more distance so far, but I will verify it all with trackman in the coming week.

The Alta shaft is junk, although in true Ping fashion, it'll probably work well for 40% of the market.

Is that the popular opinion on the Alta Shaft? Anybody know how it performs in x-stiff? What didn't you like about it?

I wouldn't call it junk. But for someone that is a little more finicky, might prefer some of the other stuff.

Ping Sigma2 Tyne
Chromesoft Truvis

So weird thing today. Took my G30 9degree stiff flex into my local store today and hit about 15 drives it, then proceeded to hit 15 with the GLS and 15 with G standard.

My G30 was clearly better than both newer versions but I just felt like the new drivers seemed heavier. I mentioned this to the salesperson so we went and tested the swing weight of all 3:

G30 - D3

G - D6

GLS - D8

I didn't have my best swing today and didn't have time to see if we could find a true D3 but am stumped these can come from the factory THAT FAR OFF!

D4 ok whatever, D5 becoming a concern, D6 and up is not acceptable. Are these not check before leaving the factory? One of the Drivers was not a demo, it actually came from the retail rack! This concerns me on any new purchase in the future for sure.

Had a similar experience. My G actually came in at C9. I posted under the equipment section about this "anomaly", lol. Had my Titleist 915F 3 wood also tested, came in at D0 (spec is D2), so it's not only Ping that is guilty of this. Most important lesson I learned, let them test the swing weight before I pay.

Took my 9* G LS to the shop to get hot melted and it came in at exactly D4 with the tour 65S prior to hot melt. He said it would take about 15 grams to improve sound and it would bring swing weight up to around D8 so he put just a little hot melt towards heel side and cotton balled the rest for me. I put a Tour AD BB 6S tipped an inch in and had it cut down to play at 44.5", 10* and D4. I like it better than the Tour 65 shaft. Probably because it's counter balanced. Took it to the course today and it was raining, wet, and a bit windy. Wasn't sure what to expect with no warm up and not having hit this combo. Let me preface this by saying my efficiency with driver is poo poo. I swing about 103-106 usually, but my smash is laughable because I'm always off center. That said the sound and feel have improved drastically and all this thing wants to do is go straight. If I put a good swing on it and make good contact I think it will go as far as anything out there. When I don't, and that's more often than not, it's probably more forgiving than most anything out there. Probably going to stay in the bag...probably.