2024 US Open WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

Hi everyone.

I have to agree with all of these reviews. K Sig is great. But did u guys know they started making golf balls too? :)

Cabernet 1.5L: $8.29

Silver tequila 1.75L: $19.69

Spiced Rum 1.75L: $14.99

Bourbon 1L: $29.99

Vodka 1.75L: $12.99

Edited to add the price of the vodka.

I just wish they made a 15 year-old Islay single malt. I can't stand Speysiders...give me peat, not sweet.

My late father for the last couple decades of his life drove Mercedes cars. He actually didn't like them particularly well and the maintenance cost drove his crazy. But he felt like once he had been driving a Mercedes he couldn't ever go back to driving a "lesser" car that he happened to like better and which would save him a bunch of money.

A lot of ProV1 players are like that. They've always figured that was the "best" ball and if it costs $4 a ball well that's just the cost of playing the "best". They don't think of themselves as the sort of person who would cheap out by switching to Bridgestone to save a few bucks a dozen.

NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON GOLFWRX

Where Are You Waiting GIF by This GIF Is Haunted

My late father for the last couple decades of his life drove Mercedes cars. He actually didn't like them particularly well and the maintenance cost drove his crazy. But he felt like once he had been driving a Mercedes he couldn't ever go back to driving a "lesser" car that he happened to like better and which would save him a bunch of money.

A lot of ProV1 players are like that. They've always figured that was the "best" ball and if it costs $4 a ball well that's just the cost of playing the "best". They don't think of themselves as the sort of person who would cheap out by switching to Bridgestone to save a few bucks a dozen.

Some people are like that. My late mother insists on taking Bayer Asprin all her life since she thinks it works better than the house brand generic version (acetylsalicylic acid) even though I told her it's the exact same thing.

She still refused to accept that.

10.5 deg Titleist 905R with stock UST Proforce V2 Shaft (Stiff flex)
Titleist 990 (3-PW) with stock Dynamic Gold in S300
Taylormade V-Steel 5W & 3W with Grafalloy Prolaunch Red shafts (Regular Flex)
2011 Adams Tom Watson signature wedges in 52 and 56 degrees with stock steel shafts (Player's Grind)
Rife Island Series Aruba Blade Putter

"Loft for loft, length for length, and shaft for shaft, the ball will go the same distance when hit on the sweet spot regardless how old the iron."

Don't forget to adjust your wallet - for all of the cash you are going to save on not having to spend $4-5 a pop on golf balls.

I'm newly married... so my wallet is always empty anyway... I find it ironic that my wife bought me a $600 dollar wallet as a gift yet I never have any cash to put in it...

lol hahahah spot on

shot 79 at Skylinks in Long Beach...

hit every shot in my arsenal. mostly impressed with the control around the greens. this ball spins and stops. feel off the driver and putter is soft. the ball is legit. period.

wear on the ball was normal compared to a pro v1. 1st hole i took a wedge into the green and really dug into the ball. i was surprised and slightly disappointed as i thought the ball wouldn't last a whole round. disappointment was short lived; Ksig and I stuck it out the entire round. sharpie marker wore off almost completely. my site line was practically gone by the 14th hole. minor gripe. ill play the rest of the balls throughout the year. by then, im sure costco will make another, more improved ball.

I had exactly 1 Mercedes. Your Dad was right, it ranks up there among the worst vehicles I ever owned.

Yeah, some of them ProV1 players are bonkers. Have to admit though, It's fun taking their money with a Costco ball, Callaway shovels, and a 30 year old Ping putter.

X________________________________ Sign Here

hit every shot in my arsenal. mostly impressed with the control around the greens. this ball spins and stops. feel off the driver and putter is soft. the ball is legit. period.

wear on the ball was normal compared to a pro v1. 1st hole i took a wedge into the green and really dug into the ball. i was surprised and slightly disappointed as i thought the ball wouldn't last a whole round. disappointment was short lived; Ksig and I stuck it out the entire round. sharpie marker wore off almost completely. my site line was practically gone by the 14th hole. minor gripe. ill play the rest of the balls throughout the year. by then, im sure costco will make another, more improved ball.

Can't wait to compare these to my Vice Pro Plus. Nice 79 by the way!

Can't wait to compare these to my Vice Pro Plus. Nice 79 by the way!

def a better ball than the VPP. my buddy was actually playing those this weekend...! HA! you definitely wont be disappointed. and if you are... whatever $30 donation. the 79 was very cool... hadn't played in about a month and ripped that off. finished bogey, birdie, par to break 80!

Cannot wait for the Kirkland Signature Tour Performance with Higher Compression Four Piece Urethane Ball to be released.

"Limited Edition"

Does anyone here remember the Spalding Molitor?

It was a Top-Flite, and each ball had it's own registration number.

And sold for about 30% more than the Top-Flite

PT Barnum.....

Finally got to put the KSig to the test this past weekend and my local track and have to say I was pretty impressed with it's overall performance. I normally play the Srixon Z Star VX ball which I feel is just as good as any premium ball out there and fraction of the price. The KSig performed just as good as my Srixon and is a fraction of that price. Off the tee with driver I saw the same ball flight and same average distance. Really similar performance from long irons all the way to short irons. I compared my distances from this round via Game Golf tracking with my previous rounds with the Srixon Z Star VX and was in the same average range. From 110 yds and in with full wedge shots I was seeing one hop and stop but did manage to get her to spin back a foot on a couple of approaches. Around the greens the KSigs behaved no different than my current ball with a check up and a bit of roll out for higher pitches and good run out for the low bump and runs. Off the putter it felt firm like I’m used to.

Picture here is of my best shot of the day. This was the result from a high cut (I’m a lefty) from the left side of the fairway over trees and a blind shot to the green from 145yds out with an 8iron. One hop and stop about 6 feet from the pin. Sadly I missed the put for birdie. :(

All in all a great ball for an even greater price. Only stigma is shouting out “Kirkland” when a playing partner is asking what ball your playing.

My Bag
Driver: Mizuno ST200 9.5* Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Black 6 stiff
3Wood: Taylormade M6 15* Fujikura ATMOS Orange 6 stiff
Irons: Srixon U85 2i 18* Fujikura ATMOS Red 7 stiff

Bridgestone J15CB  4i-PW TT AMT White S300
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-4  50, 54, 58 TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Putter: The Wilson 8802
Ball: Maxfli Tour X, Srixon Z-Star

I'm going to get a lot of free Ksigs. Prices will drop when they feel the pain which is forthcoming. Don't think they are not scrambling to prepare for market disruption - no pun intended. Same goes for used balls - which is what I normally buy AAAA+ ProV1x's. That market will eventually feel it too - as more people learn about just buying these new balls that perform as good as a ProV1 for a fraction of the cost. You can not compare luxury auto sales (which has social status and human psychology involved) to a premium golf ball - which has physical comparison stats and saving easy cash where it is not really noticed being the prime motivator. People are cheap and will save the easy bucks if there is no perceived difference other than price. Just my opinion. We'll see how it plays out. Downmarket balls will have to adjust as well - Mojo and supersoft etc.. Give it time.

IMO the KSig is like a generic premium ball. If what you think is true - the component market would be thriving.

It isn't.

It's niche at best.

I'm going to get a lot of free Ksigs. Prices will drop when they feel the pain which is forthcoming. Don't think they are not scrambling to prepare for market disruption - no pun intended. Same goes for used balls - which is what I normally buy AAAA+ ProV1x's. That market will eventually feel it too - as more people learn about just buying these new balls that perform as good as a ProV1 for a fraction of the cost. You can not compare luxury auto sales (which has social status and human psychology involved) to a premium golf ball - which has physical comparison stats and saving easy cash where it is not really noticed being the prime motivator. People are cheap and will save the easy bucks if there is no perceived difference other than price. Just my opinion. We'll see how it plays out. Downmarket balls will have to adjust as well - Mojo and supersoft etc.. Give it time.

IMO the KSig is like a generic premium ball. If what you think is true - the component market would be thriving.

It isn't.

It's niche at best.

I agree. IMO, the KSig won't affect the Titlist, Bridgestone, or Srixon premium ball market. I think it might lower the sells for Snell (and companies like them), and used/recycled golf balls.

Ping G425 Max w/Accra FX-250 M3 shaft
Taylormade AeroBurner Mini Driver 14 degree
Ping G30 5, and 7 Wood
Titlist VG3 Type-D 5-PW irons w/Nippon Zelos 7 shafts
Cleveland RTX-3 CB 48, 54, 58 (all 2 dot)
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 putter

It isn't.

It's niche at best.

I agree. IMO, the KSig won't affect the Titlist, Bridgestone, or Srixon premium ball market. I think it might lower the sells for Snell (and companies like them), and used/recycled golf balls.

Agree. Snell, Vice and KSig all seek to appeal to the value-minded client niche. The difference is possibly that Snell and Vice have all their eggs in the same basket. For Costco this is 1 egg out of 5,000 eggs. Advantage goes to Costco!

I tend to agree that the Kirkland balls will affect the Snells, Vices, OnCores much more so than the brand names. Except for diehards like us that visit these golf forums who else even knows about these direct to consumer companies like Snell, Vice and OnCore among others?

I tend to agree that the Kirkland balls will affect the Snells, Vices, OnCores much moire so than the brand names. Except for diehards like us that visit these golf forums who else even knows about these direct to consumer companies like Snell, Vice and OnCore among others?

Snell seems to have a pretty loyal following. This might affect them, but then again they might respond with new versions of their balls or tighter pricing. Or who knows.

As a result of playing the Ksig for the last 3 rounds I realized my drives were in the fairway much more often than with my normal ProV1X. The ball just seems to fly straighter from the tee to settling point (little to no side movement). With the testing that shows 300 rpms less spin off driver, maybe that explains some of what I have been experiencing. I know they tested ProV1 and not the X, but maybe there is a difference there too. On the courses I play, the deep Bermuda rough just off the fairway can be very penalizing. Since the length is every bit as long as the ProV1X and the greenside spin is practically the same on chip and pitch shots, it has been easy to justify transitioning to the less expensive ball.

The Kirkland ball promotes a lot of confidence, and we all know what that can do for your golf game.

Callaway Mavrik Max 10.5°
Callaway XR 16 3 wood
Callaway Mavrik Max 3 thru 5 hybrids
Srixon z565 6 thru PW
48°, 52° & 58° Cleveland CBX wedges
Ping Sigma 2 Kushin C flat stick

All subject to change in the blink of an eye.........and I blink a lot.

I was at my club today.

A guy who ALWAYS plays ProV1 just picked up 10 doz of these balls.

Three other guys have switched from ProV1 to KSig.

And I found one in the desert, first one. One of the guys playing behind me found another one.

These balls will have legs. I think the used market and off brand (Snell, OnCore, Vice, maybe Srixon) companies will see a drop in their sales, and adjust accordingly.

Titleist? No shot. They won't move at all, if only because the market for golf balls at the course will always be their strong suit for sales, and there are not as many Costco consumers as there are golf ball snobs who will only play the "No. 1 ball in golf."