2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Kirkland Signature (Costco) golf balls (MERGED) (NO BST POSTS)

Swoff57

I picked up a 2 dozen pack for $30 at my local Costco on Friday. Played my first round today in Palm Desert. Very good ball. Beyond very good! Can hands with balls 3 times the cost per dozen. Expect Costco to raise the price with all the positive reviews.

That just isn't how Costco operates. What they would be doing now is negotiating how to get the same ball at a lower price point. Raising prices is a big no-no. The buyer would have to justify the price increase, like raw material prices have gone up or something like that.

I picked up a 2 dozen pack for $30 at my local Costco on Friday. Played my first round today in Palm Desert. Very good ball. Beyond very good! Can hands with balls 3 times the cost per dozen. Expect Costco to raise the price with all the positive reviews.

That just isn't how Costco operates. What they would be doing now is negotiating how to get the same ball at a lower price point. Raising prices is a big no-no. The buyer would have to justify the price increase, like raw material prices have gone up or something like that.

Exactly. Costco now has an idea of demand so they can go back to the OEM, negotiate a lower price based upon increased volume, lower the purchase price and increase the margin without raising cost to the consumer.

It's a classic move from the Costco playbook.

Would you b@stards quit buying up 6 dozen at a time? Some of us would like to get our hands on them too, haha.

Can't help it! It's just too good of a deal.

The season here is practically over this weekend or next, so I'm in no rush to stock up on balls. I'll be one of those bastards buying 8 dozen at a time when they're available again.

Just wanted to throw my two cents in here. I bought 2 boxes of these balls - one for me, the other for my dad. I just tried them out this past weekend. I normally play a ProV1, and sometimes a ProV1x. For the price of the Kirkland's, they are a pretty damn good ball. I would have no problem gaming these, but will most likely stick with ProV1 and ProV1x because I'm used to them. However, the Kirklands will be bought as my back up balls for harder holes/water holes (yes, I'm that guy that plays a "lesser"/"older"/scuffed up ball over long water holes)...

I played 18 holes and took these balls to the chipping range after the round to test them out a bit more. Here's my thoughts.

Pretty close to feel compared to the ProV1 and ProV1x. I could notice a small difference in feel, but nothing that didn't go away within the first two holes. I got equal carry distance on my drives, woods, hybrids, irons and wedges. I did notice a little less bite with these balls compared to my usual ProV1 and ProV1x. Nothing substantial, but had to be accounted for. With full wedge shots, I was not spinning the Kirkland's back as much. Also, on pitches/chips the Kirklands tended to run out a bit more than expected. If I made these my gamer ball, it's not a true knock on the ball, just something that I'd have to take into account. Also, I liked the feel of the Kirklands off the putter was nice. Not too soft/not too clicky.

Overall, these agree great balls at an unbelievable price.

Ping G410 plus Tour65 S
PING G410 3w Tour 75 S
PING G410 hybrids: 18*, 22* & 26* TENSEI PRO BLUE 80 GR S
[PING G410 irons: 6 - U Nippon MODUS³ Tour 105
PING Glide 3.0 Wedges: 54* SS, & 60* SS

Scott Cameron Fastback 2.0
Member of TeamJetSpeed - Dec 2013

I've played two rounds with the Ksig (76 & 77) and they've performed as good as the TM TPx I've been using from LGB. Holed out an 80yd lob wedge yesterday for eagle on a Par4, though can't say the ball helped, just wanted to tell that. :-) Once my supply of balls finally wither away I may make this my ball, might be a while before that happens, maybe then it will be a Ksig Version 2 ball.

Ping G430 LST 10.5°, Chrome 2.0 65 S
Ping G430 MAX 15° Rogue White 130 80 S
Ping G425 MAX 17.5° Rogue White 130 80 S
Ping G425 22° Tensei CK Pro Orange 80 S
Ping i210 5-W Recoil Dart 105 S +½" SStep x1
Ping Glide 4.0 50, 54

Ping ChipR

2022 Scotty Cameron X5 35"
TM TP5X

I'll be interested to see how long it is before I start finding lost K Sigs on the course. Golfers probably won't look as long or hard for them if they lose them. And I'm not talking about finding the lost balls that are still rolling.

Found one on the course last weekend. Lake Forest near Ann Arbor, MI. I almost ran over it with the cart driving up the right side rough of the fairway on 9th hole. I gave it to my playing partner to try. He didn't give it back and asked where I got mine.

I played the Ksig today for the first time. I was able to practice a little before the round on the short game and compared it to the Snell off of the putter and on chips, pitches etc. The ball is VERY VERY similar to the MTB from Snell. The Ksig was just slightly softer sounding off of the putter, and I mean barely. They are very similar off of the putter. The Ksig does check slightly better too. I had a couple of wedge shots on the course that stopped quicker than the MTB had been stopping for me lately.

I can't play the B330-S because it spins too much off of the driver. The ProV1 spins slightly too much off of my driver as well. The KSig does not spin as much as either of those two balls for me off of the driver. The ball reacted off of the driver much more similar to a Tour B330 or ProV1x, and very similar to the MTB.

My iron shots were the same exact distances and trajectory that I hit with the MTB or Tour B330. I was able to hit several shots into the wind and was able to keep it down just as easy as the others. I did have a couple of iron shots stop quicker than MTB and Tour B330. So it is spinning slightly more.

If you gave me a MTB and a Ksig, neither with markings, I would be hard pressed to tell the difference with the exception of the Ksig being very slightly softer off of the putter and spinning just a touch better around the green and off of wedges. Barely enough to notice though, but at the same time slightly better for my game. Our greens are very hard and I have a lot of wedges where I need to stop it quick when the pin is cut in the front. You have to be able to make it stop quick to get it close. The Ksig is easier to stop than the MTB.

Durability was very good. I have really been impressed with the MTB durability vs the Tour B330 and this ball seems to be just as durable as the MTB.

I will be playing this ball from now on because it spins slightly better on partial shots and costs less than the MTB.

Ping G430 Max 9* Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6X
Ping G425 Max 14.5 Alta CB 65S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 18* Tensei Blue 75S

PXG 0211 XCOR2 5-GW
Titleist SM9  52*F 56*D and 60*D
L.A.B. Link1/Scotty Newport
Srixon Z Star XV

I played the Ksig today for the first time. I was able to practice a little before the round on the short game and compared it to the Snell off of the putter and on chips, pitches etc. The ball is VERY VERY similar to the MTB from Snell. The Ksig was just slightly softer sounding off of the putter, and I mean barely. They are very similar off of the putter. The Ksig does check slightly better too. I had a couple of wedge shots on the course that stopped quicker than the MTB had been stopping for me lately.

I can't play the B330-S because it spins too much off of the driver. The ProV1 spins slightly too much off of my driver as well. The KSig does not spin as much as either of those two balls for me off of the driver. The ball reacted off of the driver much more similar to a Tour B330 or ProV1x, and very similar to the MTB.

My iron shots were the same exact distances and trajectory that I hit with the MTB or Tour B330. I was able to hit several shots into the wind and was able to keep it down just as easy as the others. I did have a couple of iron shots stop quicker than MTB and Tour B330. So it is spinning slightly more.

If you gave me a MTB and a Ksig, neither with markings, I would be hard pressed to tell the difference with the exception of the Ksig being very slightly softer off of the putter and spinning just a touch better around the green and off of wedges. Barely enough to notice though, but at the same time slightly better for my game. Our greens are very hard and I have a lot of wedges where I need to stop it quick when the pin is cut in the front. You have to be able to make it stop quick to get it close. The Ksig is easier to stop than the MTB.

Durability was very good. I have really been impressed with the MTB durability vs the Tour B330 and this ball seems to be just as durable as the MTB.

I will be playing this ball from now on because it spins slightly better on partial shots and costs less than the MTB.

exactly how I feel and I use the same balls.

I got out for 9 holes today and played the KSig every other hole with my pro V1X. Off the irons they feel a touch firmer, but not by much. Off the Deiver I couldn't tell af difference at all from a feel prospective. I hit the ball high and with a good bit of spin. I had 170 into the green and pured it. The ball one hopped and stoped opposed to spinning back a few feet with the V1X. Off the putter the KSig was a tad bit firmer as well but not enough to make a huge difference. I will be playing this ball for now till spring. I will give it a good test and see if it can stay in the bag permanently. For 29.99 it's a steal for sure and I wouldn't have a problem choosing this ball over the V1X. I only buy the V1X during the promotions and usually get a few dozen for Christmas so if that wasn't the case I would game the KSig all the time.

Played the Kirkland yesterday. Had a guy hit into my fairway near my ball and I said I was hitting a Kirkland with a black dot. He looked at me like I was nuts. Good news is people won't just go up and mistakenly play (or pocket) the ball like they will with a Prov1.

Had a guy hit his ball into our fairway the other day, near where my drive had gone, and end up playing my KSig instead of his ball. Wish I could have seen his reaction when he realized it! He was playing a PD long. :angry:

I was in the golf section of my costco yesterday and an employee doing his job asked if I needed help and being the social butterfly I said I was just a golfer interested in the new Ksig ball seeing if maybe they were being stocked here.

He said he heard about the ball from dozens of people and that he had never seen such a demand for a kirkland product and he was told by his manager that they will get the ball by March in store when it is released to the whole company

Two days ago when the balls were delivered to the office there was something definitely different about them. The delivery person asked to meet with me, shook my hand, said how much he admired me and asked for my autograph, which I found interesting.

My admin walked into my office after lunch, saw the balls sitting on the credenza and made the comment that all my efforts in the gym were clearly making a difference and she liked my new haircut. For the record, I haven't seen a gym in a long time and the few remaining hairs look the same as always.

Upon getting home last night with box in hand, Mrs. Pelz excused herself, went upstairs and came down in her naughtiest outfit which she last did during the Reagan administration. She made martinis, massaged my neck and we proceeded to have an intimate moment right then and there. She said she didn't know exactly why but she felt the desire of an anxious teenager.

This morning when I put the first Kirkland on the tee and hit it directly into the pond, my playing partner said he wished he had a swing that looked as fluid.

So the moral of the story with these golf balls is that women will want you, men will want to be you but they're not going to fix a bad swing.

The most interesting man in the world says 'he doesn't normally play golf, but when he does he uses a Ksig'

Ping G425 Max w/Accra FX-250 M3 shaft
Taylormade AeroBurner Mini Driver 14 degree
Ping G30 5, and 7 Wood
Titlist VG3 Type-D 5-PW irons w/Nippon Zelos 7 shafts
Cleveland RTX-3 CB 48, 54, 58 (all 2 dot)
L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1 putter

I just read the reviews on Costco.com and found this gem by someone giving the ball 1 star:

"I average 250 to 275 every drive with the Callaways. Full swing full power right down the fairway and the Kirkland balls would only go 230 at best."

Hmmm, I guess he's discovered something we all missed.

Ping G400 Max Ventus Blue TR

Ping G425 Tensi Orange 3W

Ping G30 5W Tensi Orange 5W

Ping G425 Hybrid Tensi Orange 4H

Ping G425 5-S Recoil 780 ES Smacwrap F4

Ping Glide LW

Bettinardi Studio 28cs

Two days ago when the balls were delivered to the office there was something definitely different about them. The delivery person asked to meet with me, shook my hand, said how much he admired me and asked for my autograph, which I found interesting.

My admin walked into my office after lunch, saw the balls sitting on the credenza and made the comment that all my efforts in the gym were clearly making a difference and she liked my new haircut. For the record, I haven't seen a gym in a long time and the few remaining hairs look the same as always.

Upon getting home last night with box in hand, Mrs. Pelz excused herself, went upstairs and came down in her naughtiest outfit which she last did during the Reagan administration. She made martinis, massaged my neck and we proceeded to have an intimate moment right then and there. She said she didn't know exactly why but she felt the desire of an anxious teenager.

This morning when I put the first Kirkland on the tee and hit it directly into the pond, my playing partner said he wished he had a swing that looked as fluid.

So the moral of the story with these golf balls is that women will want you, men will want to be you but they're not going to fix a bad swing.

But I'm pretty sure you still shot under par with these like everyone else!

I just read the reviews on Costco.com and found this gem by someone giving the ball 1 star:

"I average 250 to 275 every drive with the Callaways. Full swing full power right down the fairway and the Kirkland balls would only go 230 at best."

Hmmm, I guess he's discovered something we all missed.

Probably a Callaway rep.

I swung into my local Costco yesterday and saw a full palate of balls (well, I don't know for certain it was a full palate, but the stack was 5" high). I already grabbed a box, and the check out lines were long (I was headed to the pharmacy), so I just walked by. Figured I would leave balls for the next guy.

I hope to find some of these balls around the local courses, just to say that I am not the only guy playing them.

For anybody that was wondering

e01caf5cac9dc17568c64a23b019346e.jpg

Did you cut it with a hatchet??? :butcher:

TE C722 9* House of Forged custom shaft XX
TE C722 15* Tensei AV-RAW White 7x

TE C722 18* Tensei AV-RAW White 8x

Ping I525 4-GW Project X IO stiff
Vokey SM8 54*
Vokey SM8 58*
Putter = flavor of the day. (EvnRoll ER11vx, 3 different Seemores,  TM TM2 Truss CS, Machine CS M2A Converter, 2 different Yes putters)
Maxfli Tour X or Vice Pro