Ping i200 Irons: In-Hand Photos

GolfWRX

I was looking at the stock shaft offerings and was wondering if anyone had experience with the Modus 105 and the KBS Tour? I have not used either shaft was curious about differences other than weight.

Thanks

I tested this combo today..overall it's pretty decent package..mid to high ball flight, (the tip is not stiff) easy to work the ball both ways, also surprisingly straight as well. The swing weight it's on the light end, probably D1, so when I ordered the club, i asked to increase swing weight to D2. Also, contrary to what Rich Shield say the club feels "hard" I feel this combo feels pretty "soft" may be it's the shaft.

I was gonna order the tour 120 instead, but my Pro shop told me it's not being offer by Ping (surprise).

Was this combo the Tour 105 or the KBS Tour? Thanks

It is Modus 105 stiff. I don't like KBS shaft, I had bad experience with both c taper lite an tour v. It feels counter balance to me...I can't feel where the club head is during my down swing.

Another good shaft will be dynamic gold xp 105. The shaft is light but stable for aggressive swing. It provide soft feel but slightly higher ball flight compare to modus 105.

Hope that helps.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love that satin silver finish!

I tested these today at an indoor Ping facility. They looked nice, sounded and felt good, but didn't go great. Low ball speeds, about 8-12yds shorter than PXG, and 10-15yds shorter than APEX and M2tour. Same shafts, all 7 irons, same balls, same monitor.

Really nice though but the performance was not there (for me). Very true flight and spin numbers, and all pretty straight...but the distances were something that I'd normally see with blade type product.

PXG 7 iron is 30 degrees, M2 Tour 30.5 degrees, Apex is 31 degrees, Ping I-200 is 33 degrees. I've always heard that you see around 3 yards per degree. If you hit them the straightest maybe you get some in Power spec. That's at 31.5 degrees for a 7 iron.

I change too much to list it. Working on that...

I tested these today at an indoor Ping facility. They looked nice, sounded and felt good, but didn't go great. Low ball speeds, about 8-12yds shorter than PXG, and 10-15yds shorter than APEX and M2tour. Same shafts, all 7 irons, same balls, same monitor.

Really nice though but the performance was not there (for me). Very true flight and spin numbers, and all pretty straight...but the distances were something that I'd normally see with blade type product.

PXG 7 iron is 30 degrees, M2 Tour 30.5 degrees, Apex is 31 degrees, Ping I-200 is 33 degrees. I've always heard that you see around 3 yards per degree. If you hit them the straightest maybe you get some in Power spec. That's at 31.5 degrees for a 7 iron.

Damn not even close in lofts! Curious to see how the Power Spec compares

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

OMG, a 30 degree 7 iron! That's hilarious.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 60S

Fairway: TTE E8 Beta w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110 70S

Driving Iron:  PXG 0311X 2i w/ Tensei CK Pro White 90S

Hybrid:  PXG 0317X Gen2 19o w/ Tensei CK Pro Orange 90S

Irons:  PXG 0311P Gen4 5-G w/ AeroTech SteelFiber 115fc S

Wedges:  Taylormade MG2 56o & 60o

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Phantom X 5.5

So if both had iron heads had the same shafts, how much of a distance change would 3* of loft make?

All things being equal, 3 degrees would be about 10 yards. It's basically like going from a 7 iron to a 6 iron. Depending on the iron though, if it's a super thin hot faced iron like Callaway and TaylorMade's distance irons and comparing it against more of a thicker faced players iron, that 3 degrees could definitely be 15 yards of distance

PING G410 LST 10.5* --- Project X Evenflow Blue 55-S

PING G410 17.5* & 20.5* FW --- Aldila Tour Blue 65-S

Titleist 818H1 23* Hybrid --- Project X Evenflow Riptide 80-6.0

PING i210 5-UW --- Nippon Modus 105-S

PING Glide 3.0 Eye2 54* & 58* --- Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

L.A.B. DF3 --- Accra x L.A.B.

Damn not even close in lofts! Curious to see how the Power Spec compares

8e2cd2fc8dc6a94a7b60599352f33aac.jpg

Lofts on your comp irons are jacked compared to the i200. Hence, the distance gap.

PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

So I got to try these yesterday at my course. It was soaked and the range was closed but I went out on the course and went to where I'd hit 7 irons on different holes and tried the demo 7 with a PX LZ 6.0 shaft. I've been a ping guy for a long time, won tournaments with Ping and for whatever reason just play well with their irons and driver. They give me an added confidence for some reason.

So the first swing was a layup shot on a par 5 and it was by far the best strike I had all day. When I hit it I was like Holy s**t that felt good! It was high and long. The wind was blowing and this was downwind. I went to 3-4 different holes and situations and did the same thing. Into the wind I was spinning it way too much but it held its line nicely. I will be a candidate for the power spec most likely and possibly a hard stepping in the shaft. I may go back to my regular PX 6.0 to even cut more spin. I had my Staff fg tour 100 7 iron out there with the px 6.0s in it and it was going close to as far. It is a degree weaker but was going lower. The Ping i200 was exceptionally forgiving and looked great with very little offset. I've gotta get my pro with his launch monitor out to hit a few with my two different shafts to compare. I will be ordering some and most likely in the power spec version. This is not necessarily for distance but as I said to bring the flight and spin down for me. I should've brought my iblades out there to compare but it was a last second decision to go out.

I will say this is the best looking I Series iron I've seen and by far the best feeling to me although I think the ie1 feels good but this is better to me. I've hit a lot of ping irons over the years but these feel the best. I felt they were very accurate and forgiving as well. The shape to me and the low offset is very good as well.

Nope....good for Ping loyalists, not enough to win Market Share....

^^^^^^

In a market as golf is now, you need to keep market share. Nice clubs but I doubt any Mizuno or Callaway user will shift to this

Cobra F9, 8 Hzrdus Yellow
Tee CBX119 13, Tee EX10 Beta 18. Hzrdus Yellow
M2 Hy, 22 with AD DI 85S
M2 Hy, 25 with S+ 90S
P790 6-AW, Nippon 105S
Mizuno 56/14, 60/07
Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 350 Black Oxide
Titleist -ProV1 balls

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/1152161-linkerpans-wtib-2015-edition/"]WITB Link[/url]

Lofts on your comp irons are jacked compared to the i200. Hence, the distance gap.

Not sure why this is so hard to grasp. 3 degrees less loft and an iron that hits knuckle-balls goes farther on a sim. Who knew?

These look really nice. Is there any way to order the long irons with less offset through the Ping WRX department?

G430 max 10.5, Accra TZ Five 60s
Callaway Epic Super Hybrid 16, AD-IZ 75S
Callaway Rogue X 20, Oban Devotion 85S
Cobra King utility 25, Accra TZ6 95di
Ping I210 5-U, black dot

Callaway Jaws 56, W grind

Vokey 60, M grind
Scotty Newport 1.5

I hit these the other day and was pretty impressed with how they felt. Just wish they were a little longer from heel to toe for my eye

Ping G400 Max AD IZ 6s
2016 TI M2 HL AD IZ 7s
M2 4h AD DI 8s
Ping G400 5hy ADDI 9s
718 TMB 6-Gap Modus 130s
Scratch 53 Modus 125
Scratch 57 Modus 125
PXG 03x 60* Modus 125

Scotty Cameron Custom 009 HHH

[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/982109-joes-witb-set-for-2014-update-2015/#entry10682349"]WITB Link[/url]

Demoed twice against I e1 with same specs and shafts. I200 launched higher with more spin causing shorter distance and greater dispersion. Dispersion on e1 was feet the i200 was yards.

I assume the lower cg causes the distance issue hence the power option. Almost like cf16 and other low cg irons you need stronger loft to gain distance, unless you need help launching the ball.

Am I crazy? Looks like PING has these priced at $875 for a 7 piece set according to a google search and sites like Edwin Watts. I was fully expecting these to be about $1050 for a 7 piece set and $1200 for an 8 piece set. I know the forged purists will say "well it's only a cast club", but still.

PING G410 LST 10.5* --- Project X Evenflow Blue 55-S

PING G410 17.5* & 20.5* FW --- Aldila Tour Blue 65-S

Titleist 818H1 23* Hybrid --- Project X Evenflow Riptide 80-6.0

PING i210 5-UW --- Nippon Modus 105-S

PING Glide 3.0 Eye2 54* & 58* --- Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

L.A.B. DF3 --- Accra x L.A.B.

Am I crazy? Looks like PING has these priced at $875 for a 7 piece set according to a google search and sites like Edwin Watts. I was fully expecting these to be about $1050 for a 7 piece set and $1200 for an 8 piece set. I know the forged purists will say "well it's only a cast club", but still.

They seem to be $125/club. The Golfwrx article suggests $135/club. Hopefully the lower price is the correct one.

Ping G400 Max driver w/Aldila Rogue 125 Silver
Ping G425 5 wood & hybrid
Ping G30 irons w/Recoil 95

Ping G425 irons w/Accra ICWT 2.0 95
Ping Glide wedges w/Recoil 110
Ping Redwood Anser - the "real deal!"

They seem to be $125/club. The Golfwrx article suggests $135/club. Hopefully the lower price is the correct one.

$999 for an 8 piece set. They'll be $125 a club. $125 is MAP, $135 MSRP

PING G410 LST 9* (Weight neutral) - HZRDUS Black 6.5 
PING G410 14.5* LST - Tensei Pro Orange TX 70
PING Blueprint 3-Pw - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING Glide Forged (Ping Man stamps) - 50º/54º/58º - KBS Tour S+ - Cushin
PING PLD Anser "Honey Badger"
Bridgestone Tour B XS

I have been looking at new irons for the last few months and had settled in on the I series then Ping releases these. I am no where near a pro in clubs at all. I was wondering what to expect out of a more modern set of irons. I have played Ping I3+'s for the last 13 years or so. I was custom fit for them and have enjoyed the clubs. Just looking for a more modern club with some newer tech. I have the handicap down to 10 and looking for club in this line between GI and strict blades. I know the lofts are lower so I should get some distance gain. Going to hit them of course, Just wanted an idea of what I've been missing out on in the last decade. Big Ping fan here and would love to get thoughts on these new I 200's.

I have been looking at new irons for the last few months and had settled in on the I series then Ping releases these. I am no where near a pro in clubs at all. I was wondering what to expect out of a more modern set of irons. I have played Ping I3+'s for the last 13 years or so. I was custom fit for them and have enjoyed the clubs. Just looking for a more modern club with some newer tech. I have the handicap down to 10 and looking for club in this line between GI and strict blades. I know the lofts are lower so I should get some distance gain. Going to hit them of course, Just wanted an idea of what I've been missing out on in the last decade. Big Ping fan here and would love to get thoughts on these new I 200's.

Don't be afraid to try the iblades, which I think are PING's best looking clubs to date. Name says blade but it's secretly a cavity. Actually had a more forgiving MOI in the 6 thru PW than the i e1.

Don't be afraid to try the iblades, which I think are PING's best looking clubs to date. Name says blade but it's secretly a cavity. Actually had a more forgiving MOI in the 6 thru PW than the i e1.

I bet the iblades aren't much bigger than the i3+.

Just saw these today in the fitting cart. Didn't have time to hit them. Whoever said pictures do not do these irons justice wasn't kidding. They looked absolutely spectacular!!

I saved up for a set of 716MB's just to have some fun with them as a second set, but these are too nice to pass up. The MB's will have to wait :-)