Taylormade Spider Tour Putters

justincredible04

When you guys say there isnt one with a sight line you mean the slant neck? Because I rolled one with a sight line yesterday at GG and am pondering it again. Already have the slant neck no sight line but I need that help so went away from it. For some reason I always come back to the damn Spider because it rolls so easy and for a mallet it isnt really that huge looking.

Yours was probably the "double bend" face balanced.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any reviews on the L Neck vs the Slant Neck??

I’ve had both, prefer the slant neck!

The plumbers neck seems to look a little weird to my eye. If you’re used to a plumbers neck though it might be the ticket.

My home course let me take a plumber's neck out for a few holes last night and I really disliked it coming from the slant neck. The distributed weight just felt off and couldn't really putt SBST.

My suggestion as a Spider gamer, anyone who will be purchasing the spider or gaming one now try adding weight. It is a game changer.

How much weight did you add and how did you add it?

Right now I have 6g in the toe and 4g in the heel since the slant neck has a natural toe hang so it offsets a little better for a SBST stroke.

You'll need to buy a weight kit unless you have an old r7 sitting around.

Turns out mine is face balanced and I may need a little toe hang (slight arc).

What weights are in the black double bend spider tour now? And would I need to increase the toe or heel weight to induce a little toe hang? I'd also like to increase the over all weight. It's a bit light for me.

When you guys say there isnt one with a sight line you mean the slant neck? Because I rolled one with a sight line yesterday at GG and am pondering it again. Already have the slant neck no sight line but I need that help so went away from it. For some reason I always come back to the damn Spider because it rolls so easy and for a mallet it isnt really that huge looking.

Yours was probably the "double bend" face balanced.

This is true. It was and I bought it, lol.

Took the Spider out Saturday and struggled with long putts at first leading to a few 3 jacks but got better on the back 9. The non slant version is tons better for me.

Long thread...might have been answered

Proud owner of the black spider tour I got last year. What's the difference with the 2018 model of the black tour with the red sole plate. Just a new paint job? Seems to be exactly the same.

Thanks

Red sole plate and red weights. In addition to that, stock grip is Superstroke GTR 1.0.

I purchased my Black Tour when they were released. The Mallet with high moi and some to hang has just been awesome for me. Some of my best putting since I purchased. I still tinker here and there with the thought that something will kick it out of the bag, but nothing has come close. Always right back to it. :to_become_senile:

• Qi10- Kai’li White 60TX
  • Stealth+ 19* - Atmos Red 8X
  • P790 3I - AD DI
  • P7MC 4-PW -  $ Taper
  • MG4 52 - 58 - $ Taper
  • GoodWood 
  • TP5X

Long thread...might have been answered

Proud owner of the black spider tour I got last year. What's the difference with the 2018 model of the black tour with the red sole plate. Just a new paint job? Seems to be exactly the same.

Thanks

Red sole plate and red weights. In addition to that, stock grip is Superstroke GTR 1.0.

Toe hang was slightly lowered from 38* to 32* as well. But basically looks like new cosmetics only.

Went from a Red to a Black and hope it really does feel firmer on a real green.

Got the Black Itsy Bitsy today. WAY BETTER!!!!!!

Mizuno ST-Z 230 9.5 Diamana T+ 60s
Mizuno ST-Z 15* Diamana T+ 60s 

TM Sim2 Max 19 Hybrid Ventus 7-S

Mizuno Pro 225 4-GW DG 105 S300
Mizuno T24 Denim 54S/58V DG S400

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

What weights are most people using? Tried 6 grams at 33” and now have 16’s in there. I like a heavy head.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Anyone have a review on the bigger counterpart the spider OS

Bought it when it first came out a couple of years ago - Known to be massively stable, more from its sheer size vs. weight, etc...

Liked it at first, but it really started to feel unwieldy on faster greens especially...

Brian Harmon has used it to a high-level of success for the past couple of years, even as his deal with TM ended in favour of Titleist.

- Ian

:taylormade-small: Qi10 Ruby Red 460 Driver 9.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S)
:taylormade-small: BRNR Mini-Driver 11.5D* (Fujikura Vista Pro 55S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Fairway 15.0D (Fujikura Vista Pro 65S
:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus 3 Hybrid 19.5D (Fujikura Vista Pro HB 70S)
:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

(*Interchangeable to adhere to 14 club rule)

What weights are most people using? Tried 6 grams at 33 and now have 16s in there. I like a heavy head.

Gone as high as 20g, to as low as 6g, even tried 8 on my new DB shafted red this past week in Orlando, but for me, the ‘sweet spot’ seems to have settled in at 10g’s for both my standard shafted black and red models...

- Ian

(PS: Speaking of the double-bend shaft, how do people feel about it? Once again used it over 8 rounds in Orlando last week to mixed results, seem to prefer the standard shafted versions so far)

:taylormade-small: Stealth Irons (KBS C-Taper Lite 110 S) (4-LW) Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals / Irons)
:taylormade-small: My TP Soto Silver and Black Putters* (Custom / KBS CT Tour) - Golf Pride :taylormade-small: Pistol
:taylormade-small: My Spider Tour X3 Putter* (Custom / KBS Black PVD) - SuperStroke Zenergy Pistol GT 1.0
:taylormade-small: Supreme Cart Bag (Black / Red) :taylormade-small: TP5 Golf Ball
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart / :skycaddie: SX550 GPS / :bushnell: ProX3 Laser Rangefinder

...Sorry, in my comments on the DB shafted ‘red’ model, meant to add I like the sight line in theory, but I seem to putt more freely without it, having to feel I have to line it up with the white line was kind of annoying (and distracting)...

Anyone else feel the same??

...Sorry, in my comments on the DB shafted ‘red’ model, meant to add I like the sight line in theory, but I seem to putt more freely without it, having to feel I have to line it up with the white line was kind of annoying (and distracting)...

Anyone else feel the same??

I have an OG Spider than Continental blacked out for me and added a white sight line. I think I like the Slider Tour Back without a line. Agree with numerous posters that you can concentrate more without it. Not sure why, but I like it blank.

Now I just need to figure out the right grip for it. Using a SS Slim 2.0 and don’t like it.

L.A.B. DF 2.1 Broomstick

Added the SS Pistol GT 2.0 CC grip. Wow I love the feel of this vs the stock Winn grip.

Dunno why I never thought to go CC grip

TM Qi10 LS - Ventus Blue 6X

TM Stealth 2+ 3W - Ventus Blue TR 7X

Titleist TSi3 3H - Tensei Pro White 100TX

Titleist T150 - KBS Tour 130X

Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw (50, 54) - DG S400

Vokey SM9 Black Raw - S400

Bettinardi Queen B #15

Still loving this putter three months on. And only one slight mark to the bottom groove where I can see white paint.

The only thing I seriously dislike is the headcover. The Velcro is already going on it. Are there any magnetic headcovers that fit a spider tour?

Titleist TSR2 10 set at 11 Hzrdus Red CB
Titleist TSI2 16.5 Tensei Blue

Ping G 17.5 set at 18.5 Ping tour shaft.
Titleist TS3 hybrid 21 Tensei Blue
Taylormade 2023 p790 5-PW kbs tour lite
Vokey SM9 50°/12° SM8 56°/14° and SM9 60°/10°
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport two
Taylormade TP5x

[i]Remember there are no pictures on a scorecard, only a number. [/i]

Still loving this putter three months on. And only one slight mark to the bottom groove where I can see white paint.

The only thing I seriously dislike is the headcover. The Velcro is already going on it. Are there any magnetic headcovers that fit a spider tour?

^^^ Considering picking up a Spider Tour and would also like to know about other headcover options please...

Callaway Paradym 12° - Fujikura Ventus Red 6s

Callaway Paradym 18° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s

Callaway Paradym 21° - Fujikura Ventus Red 7s
Srixon z785 (4-PW) - Oban CT 115s+
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 50° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 55° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s
Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Copper SB 60° - Black KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 s

Bettinardi Studio Reserve JAM-F

^^^ Considering picking up a Spider Tour and would also like to know about other headcover options please...

I asked this same question as the headcover really sucks. So far I have not found anything that either fits it or is a better option.

I asked this same question as the headcover really sucks. So far I have not found anything that either fits it or is a better option.

A buddy of mine had Robert Mark make him a custom leather one. He just gave him the dimensions of the stock one.

After reading the last 22 pages of 52 I had the impression that according to many statements here there must be a huge difference between the red, the black and the platinum. So yesterday I had the opportunity to test them in a golf shop and I found almost no difference between the 3 (I’ve tested only the 2017 models). I could not find that one is more „clickier“ or more open than the other. For me they felt all pretty the same (and good in my hands). Of course it might be that I don‘t have the sensibility to feel the difference as some of the players here. Anyway I decided to go with the platinum for it suits more my SFSB stroke, it has a SS GT 2.0, it has the sightline and it is a little heavier, so I don‘t care for additional weights. Buy it and play it ;) My only concern is the painting. It seems that this putter has alot of issues with the painting. OK the color of the putter is not very thrilling but this was the same with the epic driver in its bilious green and no one had a complaint. I think you can get used to it. As long as I can get a few strokes of my score with this putter I really don‘t care about the color. Lets see if it bums my old trusty Odyssey out of my bag.

Callaway Rogue Max st  - 9°
Callaway Rogue Max st - FW 3 HL - 16,5°
Callaway Hybrid 4 - 20°
Callaway Rogue St pro 5-AW
Titleist SM 9 52° / 56°
Scotty Cameron M1 
Bridgestone B330 RX

After reading the last 22 pages of 52 I had the impression that according to many statements here there must be a huge difference between the red, the black and the platinum. So yesterday I had the opportunity to test them in a golf shop and I found almost no difference between the 3 (I’ve tested only the 2017 models). I could not find that one is more „clickier“ or more open than the other. For me they felt all pretty the same (and good in my hands). Of course it might be that I don‘t have the sensibility to feel the difference as some of the players here. Anyway I decided to go with the platinum for it suits more my SFSB stroke, it has a SS GT 2.0, it has the sightline and it is a little heavier, so I don‘t care for additional weights. Buy it and play it ;) My only concern is the painting. It seems that this putter has alot of issues with the painting. OK the color of the putter is not very thrilling but this was the same with the epic driver in its bilious green and no one had a complaint. I think you can get used to it. As long as I can get a few strokes of my score with this putter I really don‘t care about the color. Lets see if it bums my old trusty Odyssey out of my bag.

Last year I bought the Black and also bought the Red for my son. His most definitely has a softer feel and a more muted sound using the same ball outside.

DJ continues to tinker - New standard shafted platinum in play this weekend at the RBC Heritage:

https://www.pgatour.com/equipmentreport/2018/04/12/dustin-johnson-new-putter-rbc-heritage-taylormade-spider-tour.html

- Ian