Taylormade Spider Tour Putters

justincredible04

i have both the "limited" and the "tour". the feel of the limited seems more stable and solid to me. anyone else play with both? curious what other people think... i know all the tour guys use the slant neck tour, and the only pro i saw using the original release limited was on the LPGA. i believe Stacy Lewis still games hers?

i have two brand new limited putters that i wanted to eventually sell, but the market is too watered down. i might unwrap one and start gaming it again..

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have both the "limited" and the "tour". the feel of the limited seems more stable and solid to me. anyone else play with both? curious what other people think... i know all the tour guys use the slant neck tour, and the only pro i saw using the original release limited was on the LPGA. i believe Stacy Lewis still games hers?

i have two brand new limited putters that i wanted to eventually sell, but the market is too watered down. i might unwrap one and start gaming it again..

Jon Rahm has the Itsy Bitsy Limiited sole plate on his Spider.

PING G430 Max 10.5* Project X Hazrdus Smoke Red RDX 50

PING 425 3H 19Alta CB 75

PING 425 4H 22Alta CB 75

Titleist T200 5i True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist T150 6i-GW True Temper AMT Red Steel

Titleist SM9 Vokey 52*, 56*, 60* Dynamic Gold R300

PING 2023 Anser

Srixon Z Star 

I like the limited red better than the tour. I just sold my DJ black tour. I think I'm just more comfortable with the limited because it's face balanced. I didn't like the toe hang on the slant neck tour model. I think I'm going to pick up a center shaft tour, or the double bend in black (same set up as the limited).

Callaway Paradym Triple 💎 10.5* Ventus Blue 6X/TR 6S
Titleist TSR2 16.5* (Set to 15.75*) Tour AD DI 7S
Titleist TSR2 18* Hybrid Tour AD IZ 85S
Titleist u505 4i (21*) Tour AD DI 95S

Srixon Zx7 MK II 5-PW, 51* AW - Modus 105S
Callaway Jaws 56*-Jaws Full Toe 60*-  DG 115 TI S200

Toulon Garage Custom Las Vegas H7 35”

I like the limited red better than the tour. I just sold my DJ black tour. I think I'm just more comfortable with the limited because it's face balanced. I didn't like the toe hang on the slant neck tour model. I think I'm going to pick up a center shaft tour, or the double bend in black (same set up as the limited).

never knew there was a face balance difference between the two? i do know that feel is different between the two. the only thing i dislike about the limited is putter face is light. the markings from my ball destroy it. wouldnt mind putting the all black from the tour on! what a game...

never knew there was a face balance difference between the two? i do know that feel is different between the two. the only thing i dislike about the limited is putter face is light. the markings from my ball destroy it. wouldnt mind putting the all black from the tour on! what a game...

Yep. The Limited, the new double bend tour models (pretty much same as limited), and the new center shaft spider are all face balanced. The slant neck tour models have a 38* toe hang.... if you want the black surlyn insert, just pick up the 2018 Tour Red double bend model- it's face balanced and has the black insert installed. It basically the exact same putter as the Limited, except it has the black insert, a tour sole plate, and removable weights.

I’m late to the party on these but going to give the Tour Black a try. Certainly can’t hurt adding it to the stable as I mostly roll NP/NP2.

Just curious if you guys are using the counter core SS grips with the spider? I was thinking of trying a 35” and putting new weights in the head like 12g or 20g and get it playing 375g or 390g with a 25g or 50g counter core SS? Anyone playing that setup in their spider?

I'm late to the party on these but going to give the Tour Black a try. Certainly can't hurt adding it to the stable as I mostly roll NP/NP2.

Just curious if you guys are using the counter core SS grips with the spider? I was thinking of trying a 35" and putting new weights in the head like 12g or 20g and get it playing 375g or 390g with a 25g or 50g counter core SS? Anyone playing that setup in their spider?

Tour Black counter core SS with stock weights. Best grip change I've ever made.

My Spider Tour Black arrived yesterday. I took it out this morning for a quick 9 holes. Shot a par 36 with a measly 5 GIR and 14 putts. So far, so good. My typical downfall has been 3 putts and the inability to make birdie putts and putts for par. That was not the case today. We will see. I plan to play 9 more holes this weekend and 18 on Monday. C'mon Spider!

3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

Where did you order the extra weights? I'm looking for 8 and 10g set for my spider tour.

I stole my 5 and 10 gram weights out of my old R7 driver. There is no way I need that driver anymore. But I did need to add weight to the toe of my Spider Tour Black, to keep the face tending to open during my stroke so I don't pulls putts, my old nemesis.

Put a JD tour with sight line in the bag about two months ago. Like the softer feel and it is sinking more putts/round. Been a blade player since the early Pings, my SC custom is sitting next to my bag just in case I fall out of like with the spider. Putting has always been a strong part of my game and this is helping even more. Guys in my regular group have even commented on the improvement. Only dislike is the black paint around the insert chips easily. I figured it was from sanded greens when warming up.

Titleist TS3 Tensei Pro White
Titleist 917f2 Diamana Whiteboard
TM Rescue09
Mizuno MP-18SC TT AMT
Vokey SM7 Wedges 51, 56, 60
Scotty Newport 1.5 Custom
Titleist ProV1, Bridgestone BXs, KSig

Put a JD tour with sight line in the bag about two months ago. Like the softer feel and it is sinking more putts/round. Been a blade player since the early Pings, my SC custom is sitting next to my bag just in case I fall out of like with the spider. Putting has always been a strong part of my game and this is helping even more. Guys in my regular group have even commented on the improvement. Only dislike is the black paint around the insert chips easily. I figured it was from sanded greens when warming up.

According to your WITB you have already fallen out of like with your Spider...

I just pulled the trigger on a new silver L neck. My gamer for the past few years has been a center shaft ghost spider. As a lefty, it's hard to find stuff to try. I tried out the slant neck and didn't really mind the 32* toe hang. The L neck has only 21*, so I'm hoping it will feel even better.

PING G410 LST 10.5* --- Project X Evenflow Blue 55-S

PING G410 17.5* & 20.5* FW --- Aldila Tour Blue 65-S

Titleist 818H1 23* Hybrid --- Project X Evenflow Riptide 80-6.0

PING i210 5-UW --- Nippon Modus 105-S

PING Glide 3.0 Eye2 54* & 58* --- Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

L.A.B. DF3 --- Accra x L.A.B.

Compared to my bettinardis and Cameron’s this thing is an eye sore

But damn does it work ; I like and have a gated stroke , coupled with the flow neck / higher moi , it’s a bottom of the cup machine

Note someone above said jimmy walker had one in the bag with a circle t head cover

400 cover (of course black eBay market pricing ) for a 300 putter ???

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

This putter has definitely played out. Not as much hype as there once was.

I really wanted to like it, but the paint chipping steered me to the O-Works S neck putters.

Callaway Paradym 💎💎💎 9* w/ UST Linq Red 8F5

Callaway Rogue 3 LS Wood w/ UST Linq Blue 8F5

Callaway UW 19* w VA Baddazz 70X

Titleist T100 ‘21 4-9 w/ TT X100

Vokey 46* w/ TT X100

Vokey 50, 54 and 58* w/ BGT ZNE 130

L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 (Red) Broomstick

This putter has definitely played out. Not as much hype as there once was.

I don't know where you are looking or what you are watching. I've seen atleast 3 players at the valspar that are gaming it currently and were not at the end of last year. Not to mention that anyone aside from Sergio (moved to Cally) who originally gamed one or has gamed one in the past, is still gaming it....

I never liked how the red putters were all red and black, but had a white sight line, so I painted my spider limited sight line black. I like it better. I drain more putts this way, haha...

Rolled the Center shaft one today. Will be purchasing it

Callaway triple Diamond paradym 9*- hulk 60tx 

Callaway paradym triple diamond - hulk 70tx 

Titleist TSi3 20* hybrid Matrix Black Tie 90x 
Srixon zx7mkii 456 / ZForgedii 789P- MMT 125tx 
Cleveland RTX6 50/54/ S400 TI Onyx 
Vokey Wedgeworks 60* V-grind 
Tri-hot double wide 

I have the Black TS for about 2 months now. Surprisingly, given the toe hang, I am able to really get/keep it very square with a SBST stroke.

I have however, found some difficulty getting the ball to the hole on slow(er) greens. I wonder if changing to heavier weights would help - it does feel pretty light with the stock weights.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

I have the Black TS for about 2 months now. Surprisingly, given the toe hang, I am able to really get it very square with a SBST stroke.

I have however, found some difficulty getting the ball to the hole on slow(er) greens. I wonder if changing to heavier weights would help - it does feel pretty light with the stock weights.

Same here. Love the stability but wish it had a milled face. The insert kills me!