2024 Rocket Mortgage Classic WITB Photos ×

2017 ANA Inspiration - who ya got?

Warrick

Good job posting based on absolutely nothing. Her post-round interview made you look like the absolutely disgusting ones.

Turned it off after she started to celebrate.

Still shows poor sportsmanship. Her colleagues should have had Lexis back the way Westwood had DJs back. Taking a win on something as convoluted as a ruling more than 24 hours afterwards is obscene. Id have been fine with a 2 stroke penalty for Lexi, but to double it because she signed a score card non maliciously and had no clue the penalty occurred is awful. Thats what I have an issue with, and Ryu still went into the playoff is disgusting and shows a lack of character.

• Replies 659
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good job posting based on absolutely nothing. Her post-round interview made you look like the absolutely disgusting ones.

Still shows poor sportsmanship. Her colleagues should have had Lexis back the way Westwood had DJs back. Taking a win on something as convoluted as a ruling more than 24 hours afterwards is obscene. Id have been fine with a 2 stroke penalty for Lexi, but to double it because she signed a score card non maliciously and had no clue the penalty occurred is awful. Thats what I have an issue with, and Ryu still went into the playoff is disgusting and shows a lack of character.

You're acting like Ryo made the ruling then won, then cackled evily in Lexi's face after the fact. You define character as quitting when someone else gets a bad break? That is the most absurd thing I've read on WRX and do you know how many tiger fanboys post around here?!!?

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

Soooo wonder if the rules dudes and dudettes decide that there is a same day call in for POS's that don't have a life to call in a rules infraction. As in no next day last nine holes to do so.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

Anna Norqvist last year, Dustin Johnson twice, now this. The game of golf seems to shoot themselves in their foot. LPGA had no choice since it is in their rules. However, change the rules to make sure these stuffs do not happen.

No one knows if Lexi Thompson was going to play the way she played if this did not happen. In fact, the entire field looked out of sort after that ruling. This was setting up to be a great finish. Oh well.

Just one brilliant post after another in this thread.....

Was she supposed to put the bag in the car and go home? That would be a disgrace to the game, to quit.

Lexi got a raw deal, she did not quit.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

Kudos to SYR for making the statement that it felt wrong. She did nothing but play well down the stretch and during the playoff. Tough to win in that environment and she'll forever be linked to the events with Lexi. Very classy young lady.

I just got through trying to explain to Mrs. TB about what happened. She had to watch it and I was explaining the rule. She said how can that be fair? Wasn't the round over? She said, that this is one of the many reasons why she won't golf. She didn't like the Super Bowl. She wants to go back and change the results.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

I'll say it again.... every single player in the ANA over the course of 72 holes probably marks their ball on the green maybe 120 times?

So when most of those balls being marked are 15, 20 maybe 30 feet away, the ball is marked, lifted, given to their caddie to clean, then the player and caddie circle the green to get an idea of how much break and speed the putt will have. 2 minutes or more pass and they then walk back to their mark and place the ball.

I say with 100% certainty every single player in the field could have been called for the same infraction if every placement off the ball was under the microscope like this was. It's very poor not only for whoever sent in the infraction for review, but for the LPGA to act upon it.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

But once they are notified the LPGA have to act within the rules, which it seems they did. Burying it is not an option, nor is it fair to the rest of the field.

The reality is she broke the rules. Did others break the same rule throughout the tournament? Probably? Does anyone have evidence?

The LPGA had to act. If they didn't, the person who emailed it in then goes to the media amid claims of conspiracy and cover up. Which is actually worse for the game.

I agree the rule about calling it in a day later has to change.

TaylorMade Qi10 Designer Series (Black Out) 10.5* 
Callaway BB Alpha 816 16*
Srixon Z H45 Hybrid 19* 
Srixon ZX Utility 23*
Srixon ZX5 Mk II 5-AW

Callaway Jaws Raw Black 54 & 58
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black / Mizuno M.Craft OMOI #1
Bridgestone Tour RX

But once they are notified the LPGA have to act within the rules, which it seems they did. Burying it is not an option, nor is it fair to the rest of the field.

The reality is she broke the rules. Did others break the same rule throughout the tournament? Probably? Does anyone have evidence?

The LPGA had to act. If they didn't, the person who emailed it in then goes to the media amid claims of conspiracy and cover up. Which is actually worse for the game.

I will politely disagree. If they chose to ignore it, and if the person who sent it in went to the media, the LPGA could have said they didn't see the email until after the round.

I am of the opinion that LPGA is enjoying this.... good or bad if Lexi won outright 4 stroke victory they would have little exposure. This will be on ALL 10 and 11 oclock news tonight. Water cooler talk for those who have no clue on who Lexi or the ANA even is.

Cobra F7+ - Stiff
Callaway V-Series 3 & 5 wood with Aldila Rouge Silver
Srixon 585 5-AW - Modus 105 Stiff
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 53 & 58 Degree
EVNROLL ER5
Srixon XV - Yellow

I posted in one of the other threads. I think there would be much less controversy if it came out that they didn't act on the email. It would have been very simple to say, "the notice came in too late and in the spirit of the game (a phrase that gets bandied about quite a bit) we felt it was not appropriate to take any action". "A judgment call on our part that we felt was in the best interest of the tournament and the game itself ".

I posted in one of the other threads. I think there would be much less controversy if it came out that they didn't act on the email. It would have been very simple to say, "the notice came in too late and in the spirit of the game (a phrase that gets bandied about quite a bit) we felt it was not appropriate to take any action". "A judgment call on our part that we felt was in the best interest of the tournament and the game itself ".

If THAT would have happened, there would be no outcry. The USGA and the LPGA have a full blown crisis on their hands. An official statement isn't going to put this to bed.

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

If THAT would have happened, there would be no outcry. The USGA and the LPGA have a full blown crisis on their hands. An official statement isn't going to put this to bed.

Not following T. Are you thinking that hypothetical scenario I proposed would have been ok or not?

Not following T. Are you thinking that hypothetical scenario I proposed would have been ok or not?

No. I'm being literal. Their MO is to put out an official statement saying why they did what they did. If they had done as you suggested, there would have been no controversy and there would be no meltdown ensuing.

I give Lexi credit for not dropping an F bomb.

When she just dropped that birdie, she should have gave a fist pump and a F-YEAH!

I'm watching the replay and had to give that putt a f-yeah! She has played great out of the rough all week. Her fist missed G.I.R out of the rough was a hell of a shot. That punch shot over the hill and between the tree gave her a chance to keep her streak going.

And wow! When Inbee heard about the rule violation, she went into killer mode! Had a slip on 15, then birdied 16 and 17 with her birdie putt on 18 just slid by.

This situation is bad for everyone. The rules setup needs to be changed.

Everyone plays under the rules as they are. Junk situations like this are not any of the players fault.

I hope Lexi can take this and make it part of her legend. She showed amazing heart and courage after the ruling.

I hope clueless posters saying bad things about Ryu go jump in a pond themselves. "No honor" ? Insanity. There's zero question about Ryu's integrity.

The only thing Ryu could do in this bad situation was the same thing as everyone else: continue to play her best and try her hardest to win. That's the game, and that was her job, same as everyone else. She did what she was supposed to do.

The only thing Ryu could do in this bad situation was the same thing as everyone else: continue to play her best and try her hardest to win. That's the game, and that was her job, same as everyone else. She did what she was supposed to do.

I don't know how anyone could logically place blame on Ryu in this situation. Makes no sense.

I thought the comments she made after the event were great as well - really difficult situation to be in.

4 shots is a helluva price to pay for incorrectly marking a 2 foot putt. I have always thought that if it isn't found by the end of the days play, it didn't happen. This calling in a day later BS is a travesty of justice. Majors are just far too precious to have them stolen for a rules infraction that had no bearing whatsoever on the result for that hole. I can't imagine how devastated she would be. I hope she can somehow put it behind her but not sure thats possible.

1. The LPGA need to name and shame the person who emailed in. Address. Email. Phone number. Facebook profile.

2. All governing bodies need to state as of Monday, they do not accept call ins on rules infractions. EVER. The rules are the responsibility of the players, their FCs and the rules officials there at the course.

3. If someone is found to be maliciously cheating, then deal with it as a disciplinary action after the event, and suspend them if necessary.

4. They also need to apologise to Lexi. Unless everyone always replaces the ball on the same blade of grass, then everyone in that field should be assessed a 4 shot penalty.

[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z565 Speeder 569 Evo IV SR[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]TaylorMade RBZ 3 wood, [/size][/font][/color][color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Matrix Ozik R[/size][/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Srixon U65 2 iron, Miyazaki S[/size][/color][/font]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Cobra F6 Hybrid 22 degrees RedTie S[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Srixon z945 5-pw w/ DG s200[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#A4A4A4][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=2]Miura Y 51 and K 56 DG Spinner, Yururi Raw 61 KBS [/size][/font][/color][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#a4a4a4][size=2]HiRev[/size][/color][/font]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#a4a4a4"][size=2]Odyssey O-Works Black 34"[/size][/color][/font]

I don't know how anyone could logically place blame on Ryu in this situation. Makes no sense.

I thought the comments she made after the event were great as well - really difficult situation to be in.

Agree, it doesn't make any sense. And it's not like this is some random player off the street. This is So Yeon freaking Ryu. She's 110% class and quality, above and beyond.

Congratulations So Yeon! You have American fans too.

It's a stupid rule, but it's a rule. I believe it should be changed, but until then, I won't waste my energy barking at wrong person (SYR) or think of stupid ideas.

Lexi got a raw deal, but it was very obvious that ball wasn't returned to its original place.

Now it'd be funny if people look at all footage of SYR and see if she did violate same rule.

1. The LPGA need to name and shame the person who emailed in. Address. Email. Phone number. Facebook profile.

2. All governing bodies need to state as of Monday, they do not accept call ins on rules infractions. EVER. The rules are the responsibility of the players, their FCs and the rules officials there at the course.

3. If someone is found to be maliciously cheating, then deal with it as a disciplinary action after the event, and suspend them if necessary.

4. They also need to apologise to Lexi. Unless everyone always replaces the ball on the same blade of grass, then everyone in that field should be assessed a 4 shot penalty.

only 1 problem with your post...it makes too much sense!!

Amen!

TM R1
TM Rbz Stage2 3w (15) & 3 hyb (19)
Mizuno MP-64 4-Pw
Mizuno MP-T5 50-7
Titleist Vokey SM-4 54-8 & 58-12
Ping TR 1966 Anser2

Kudos to SYR for making the statement that it felt wrong. She did nothing but play well down the stretch and during the playoff. Tough to win in that environment and she'll forever be linked to the events with Lexi. Very classy young lady.

Classy???? Did you actually listen to what she said???? Paraphrased it was that "people were cheering for Lexi because she is American, but that she was sure that people in Korea were cheering for me." She thought this whole thing was about nationalism???? I'd bet anyone a month's pay that had SYR been in Lexi's shoes the crowd would have been cheering for her...regardless of where she came from.

SYR didn't cause any of this...and I bear her no ill will for winning as she hung in there and got through some bad circumstances and I am sure she is a very nice person...but she has a lot to learn about people.

[color=#ff0000][i][size=2]Ping G 400 LST 10* Project X HZRDUS Yellow[/size]
[size=2]Ping G400 3&5 Fairway Woods Graphite Design AD DI[/size]
[size=2]Ping G400 19* Hybrid Stock Shaft[/size]
[size=2]Ping G 400 4-PW NS Pro Modus3 Tour 105's[/size][/i][/color]
[color=#ff0000][i][size=2]Titleist SM6 52/12 and 58/12[/size]
[size=2]Scotty Cameron Newport 2[/size][/i][/color]
[color=#ff0000][i][size=2]Bridgestone B330RX or B330S[/size][/i][/color]

I am so sick and tired of people calling in for any crap they see on TV and then the PGA and LPGA go and take action on something they didn't even see or had a clue it happened and it is on live TV, I was so sick to my stomach after I heard of the 4 stroke penalty, then she proceeded to erase those strokes by amazing play, but it had to have an impact on her regardless, I mean we all saw her cry on her way to the 18th green before the playoff, it is clear BS for the LPGA to take someone's call and go investigate, I am sure that if Lexy realized she had made a mistake, she would have call the penalty on herself, this is a disgrace and a black eye on the LPGA...I hope this gets corrected and like mentioned above, someone brings it up to the LPGA and stop taking calls or emails from fans...sorry for the rant...

DRIVER: Callaway AI Smoke TD 10.5*, Ventus TR Blue 6TX at 45"
3 WOOD: Callaway AI Smole TD 15*, Diamana Flower Band White, D+ 82X Flex, tipped 1" at 42"
7 WOOD: Callaway AI Smoke TD 20*, Denali white 70g S Flex, tipped 1" at 41"

IRONS: Callaway Apex MB 7-10, CB 4-6 -- DG TI S400

WEDGES: Callaway JAWS Raw 50, 54, 58 -- DG TI S400
PUTTER: SC Phantom 5, Stability Shaft, 33.25", Garsen Quad Tour grip (Toulon Chicago and White Hot Pro V-Line as back ups)
BALL: Callaway CT X (current gamer), Srixon Diamond, -ProV1X and ProV1