2017 Masters Tournament Discussion Thread

PZero

Some of the mess cleaned up.

For those derailing the topic....Cut it out!

Consider this fair warning. We will start issuing warnings and suspensions to anyone who is unable to do so.

For those who may have missed this.

Report violations for us to take care of. Do not respond.

You should probably remove posts where people accuse SG of being a POS and a racist too. Otherwise, it seems odd to delete people's posts who respond to them. Just a thought.

That's up to the mods to decide, not you.

Yeah....that's why my comment was directed at them bud, in case you weren't aware.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consider this fair warning. We will start issuing warnings and suspensions to anyone who is unable to do so.

You should probably remove posts where people accuse SG of being a POS and a racist too. Otherwise, it seems odd to delete people's posts who respond to them. Just a thought.

Report the posts as I've stated previously.

That's up to the mods to decide, not you.

:swoon:

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

The internet is a horrible place and it reflects here a good amount of time. People like to bring up TW's tipping and call him all sorts of names. SG disrespects and entire race of people and we're told to lighten up. This is typical and comical at the same time. Telling me I can't have my own personal feelings towards someone......only in 'Merica. SG is a POS and ten years later I'm going with he's still a POS. Check with me in 30 years I can pretty much guarantee my answer will be the same lol. I'm not the "turn the other cheek" Black Man.

Spot on.

Wow... Such cry babies in 'merica! People can joke about Irish people and Guinness and the Irish couldn't care less...but god forbid anyone mention fried chicken!!! Go SERGIO!!!! Let the haters CHOKE on your Great win!!!!

Report the posts as I've stated previously.

Or just move on?

Well was going to post happy to see this thread reopened and back on topic, except as Steve McQueen would put it....back in the cooler?

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

It would be nice if the whole "have to hit draws at Augusta" thing dies. Sergio seemed to be exclusively be hitting fades all day and week. Not to mention all the greats of the past who won playing fades.

Jack won it 6 times playing a fade yet all week leaking up to the Masters I read on here about why you should never pick a fader to win.

Jack musta hit a draw on 13 in 86 to get to that spot he hit the approach he made that eagle on.

If I recall Jack bogeyed 12 birdied 13 and eagled 15. he for sure hit a draw on 16 i think an 8 iron. When he needed it he could pull it off.

I thought it was a terrific Masters and I'm happy for Sergio although I was rooting for Jordan and Rickie to battle it out like Stenson and Mickelson did at the Open last year.

I thought CBS did a wonderful job producing and showing the action although having all the extra channels, you can really see how much they don't show and how many shots are not live. Now they go back to three shots and 8 commericials, rinse and repeat.

I was disappointed in Spieth's play today, he seemed really off, just not his day at all.

Matt Kuchar continues to shine as a player of the people his antics after the ace on 16 were awesome. High-fiving the gallery and throwing someone's hat in the air was fantastic. Signing the ball and giving it to the little boy was perfect. Have always been and am even moreso now I HUGE fan of his.

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

it seemed Sergio driver wasn't cooperating with him he would fade when a draw was needed and vice versa. what I find amazing is that he over came that portion of his game and relied on accurate iron play and putting.

Srixon ZX5  TT dynamic gold 95  PING G425 FST 43.25"  Tour Edge 721 Tensei blue 65  Mizuno T22 56* 60*  Bobby Grace AMG 6313 35"

We were actually out and about but I made them change from some random soccer game while we were at the dinner. Just got home and had to go to straight to15 on the DVR to hear it since we couldn't at dinner. Awesome.

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

Hopefully this doesn't get deleted.....what does everyone think of SG's chances in the U.S. Open now that he's opened the door to winning majors?

Dj will be back so still a good chance but less likely

Look for the Adidas socks with treads on them next week. Like the ones you get in the hospital.

Callaway Rougue ST LS Triple Diamond Tensei Raw First responders TX

Callaway Rogue ST LS 15 degree Ventus TR

Cobra RADSpeed Tour 19 Motore X F1

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 Hazard Smoke
New Level 902 PD 5-A Project X Catalyst 6.5 SS2

New Level SPN Milled 53 
Cleveland Tour Rack RTX Zipcore 58 DG GRIND
SWAG Savage AF Raw LA Golf SOHO

Here's a question for the peanut gallery. On a scale of '08 PGA Championship to 2013 Masters, how legitimate of a major championship victory was this considering the clear world #1 and hottest player in the world was absent? Is there a big, small, or no asterisk? Mark me down for saying it is 98% asterisk free.

Seriously? I guess we should call Padraig Harrington and tell him his 3 majors dont count then. The best player won period.He doesnt have to beat non present players to validate anything.Ridiculous premise

it seemed Sergio driver wasn't cooperating with him he would fade when a draw was needed and vice versa. what I find amazing is that he over came that portion of his game and relied on accurate iron play and putting.

Not sure where you mean as I couldn't watch the whole thing, but what I saw was Sergio busting it down the pipe, way out there past Rose who is no slouch either.

Grats to Submergio for the win, but note that it was done when his opponent massively choked (even worse than Sergio's usual choke) and TW wasn't in the field.

Rose bogey on 17 is not really a choke. From 13 on Sergio striped every shot. 2 nervy putts on 16/18, but he won it and Rose held up very well to make him win it.

XR16 Driver 11.5 Prolaunch Blue Axis reg spine aligned FLOed 45.25" 245y
Adams Speed Line Fast 12 Fairway 17 degrees stock Prolaunch Blue Speedcoat reg spine aligned FLOed 220y
Wilson19.5 Fybrid FY(fairway bridge) stock reg Prolaunch V2 spine aligned FLOed 200y
Adams Super Pro 23 Hybrid Stock Prolaunch Platinium reg spine aligned FLOed 190y
i25 Black Dot 4i-9i Z-Z65 1/2" Long(4-7i with bounce grind) 180-130y
i25 Black Dot UW weakened to 48 Z-Z65 1/2" Long 115y
TM TP 52-9(bent to 53) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/2" long 100y
TM TP 58-10(bent to 59 bounce ground to 6) DG SL300(close match to Z-Z65) 1/4" long 85y
Evnroll ER5 370g Hatchback 34" No 30g counterweight 69 degrees Lie 4 Loft Winn Jumbo Lite Pistol 59g Grip Black Tone
All 13 grips GP MCC+4 Grey Logo hidden/down midsize +1 tape layer
Callaway Chrome Soft Ball White
Mizuno Skintite Glove

Amazing end to an amazing tournament!

So happy for Sergio and judging by the reaction on here and on twitter amongst his peers, it seems that that is a fairly similar theme last night and today. From the pitch and putt on 13 for par, he didn't do an awful lot wrong and his approach shot on 15 was just incredible.

Will he go on to win more? Frankly, now that he has managed to win one, it doesn't even matter.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

This has been a long, strange trip Sergio. After 99 I was so excited that once Jose was finished, there would be another Spaniard to take his place. I picked up a club for the first time because of Seve, and that may seem odd as an American, that it was not Jack, or Arnie, or Johnny. 99 was emotional with Ollie coming of the back/foot problems, never knowing if he would compete again.

I am a HUGE sports fan, and have had a lot of pain and joy as a fan.....

As life long fans of the Red Sox and Red Wings, got to see both teams get over the hump, and win multiple. As a Vikings fan, the wait continues.

This was absolutely one of the top moments in my life as a sports fan along with any of Seve's Majors, Ollie's win in 99, Sox in 04, and when Bowden finally got his NC in 93. I cried many tears of joy yesterday. This was very, very special for me yesterday.

Well done my man, congratulations on winning the 2017 Masters.

TSR4 Ventus Red
TSi3 3w AD DI7
TSi3 5w AD DI7
TSR2 7w AD DI7

TSR3 24 AV Blue X-Link 75
T100s 6-G PX LZ
SM9 52/12/F-56/10/S TI S200 
Scotty Phantom 5.5
ProV1x

I am a bit late because I was still celebrating.

Congrats Garcia. Just fantastic. I'm so happy for him. They way he came back after being down, the way he didn't let that putt on 18 bother him. I feel like this isn't going to be his last major either.

Great golf to watch today. Garcia being up at the start and then the birdies by Rose. then the eagle on 15, my word that was sweet. The tee shots on 16 were superb. Just a roller coaster of emotions.

Vamos Garcia.

I am happy that Sergio was able to finish in style and don the Green Jacket. As in years past, the Masters gets more exciting as it comes down to the wire. You just never know what is going to happen. At the beginning of the week I was thinking DJ would be the one wearing green. Crazy he didn't even get to play. Sergio was not on my radar. I wonder what his odd's were before the tournament?

Ping G400 Max 10.5
Ping G400 5 wood
Ping i-e1 4-U Nippon 105 Stiff
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 52, 56&60
Cameron Squareback 1 Studio Select

Was it just me or were Rose and Garcia slower than frozen s*** today? I felt like they were playing painfully slow...and I think Spieth and Fowler were walking off 18 as they were teeing on 17, or something like that.

Maybe it was just me.

I noticed it on the back nine they were teeing off 11 I think when Spieth and Rickie were putting on 12, tough to get that much behind Jordan.

Okay, so it wasn't just me. And yes Spieth is BRUTALLY slow...so that explains it...I knew it. Spieth was obviously out to win a major as well, as was Fowler, and Garcia and Rose were lollygagging as bad as I recall any last group in recent memory.

Final group played 10, 11, and 13 slow as they (mainly Sergio) had issues on those holes. Agree, hard as hell to lose ground on freaking Spieth!!

Still have a huge grin this am for Sergio. Good on him. Great stuff. Well deserved.

Here's a question for the peanut gallery. On a scale of '08 PGA Championship to 2013 Masters, how legitimate of a major championship victory was this considering the clear world #1 and hottest player in the world was absent? Is there a big, small, or no asterisk? Mark me down for saying it is 98% asterisk free.

Seriously? I guess we should call Padraig Harrington and tell him his 3 majors dont count then. The best player won period.He doesnt have to beat non present players to validate anything.Ridiculous premise

No kidding.. Read somewhere that some major champions were having a discussion on whether PGA should be a major. A winner of the PGA said something like - I will accept mine not being a major as soon as you tell Jack that his five don't count.

Doesn't matter who is or is not in the field - you beat them all.

I know the Mods on here have quite rightly cleared this thread up here and there, and rightly so. But the are some bozo's on here that rear their ugly heads every time we get an International winner of a Major no matter who it is. Constant undertones related to this player not present or that player not present, other people 'choking', asterisks, remarks Sergio made after his win etc etc are just attempts to undermine an International players efforts and success.

Let me remind these people that whilst Patriotism is fine, but when you turn Golf, which, apart from the likes of the Olympics, Ryder/Presidents Cup is not a team sport with relevance to nationalistic allegiance, it is without boundaries or borders. It is an individual sport, and those players are not representing their country when they tee it up at any tournament other than the aforementioned events. So why some people want to turn Golf into a Nationalistic affair is totally beyond me, especially when an International wins, is a sad pathetic attempt to take something away from the victor, and those undertones are crass to the extreme and without any class whatsoever. Those people could learn a hell of a lot from the behaviour of Rose and Willett in the Butler Cabin last night.

If you have nothing nice to say, then don't say anything, or only want to use this forum to caveat your xenophobic nationalism, then there are better and more appropriate places to air those views than on a Golf forum. Fortunately there are enough guys on here with some class, and do not add unreasoned ludicrous caveats to their fake congratulatory comments, and behave with some dignity and maturity. Unfortunately there is also a minority of saddos on here that neither do anything for the game of Golf or the reputation and image of their country.

The last three major winners - 40, 37 and 37. Here was us all thinking that it was a young mans game.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Not sure where you mean as I couldn't watch the whole thing, but what I saw was Sergio busting it down the pipe, way out there past Rose who is no slouch either.

Same here. He had 3 that just didn't cut for him on 7, 11, and 13 (and a fat 3 wood on 10). Other than those, Sergio was pounding a low bullet cut out there like 330. It was sick.

1, 2, 3, 5 (3 wood), 8, 9, 14, 15, 17, and 18 (twice) - those were all ripped.