2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Forgetting a wedge at the green...

Bush Pilot

Karma rant here. I have found a TON of forgotten wedges at greens, dropped putter covers, left behind range finders, and the like over the years. Never dreamed of keeping anything.

Once I found two brand new Vokey wedges on a green, and the guy was actually waiting around when I walked into the pro shop with them. He was pretty happy. I bet I've returned a half dozen irons in the last year.

But I've lost 3 clubs now. Wish I wasn't so stupid and leave the odd one on the green, but it doesn't happen often. Frickin' literally EVERY time I have done it someone keeps the effing thing. I've never left a club behind and retrieved it later. Man, you'd think with all the times I've turned in sweet gear to the pro shop, I'd earn enough karma points to have something returned.

I'm just still sore over losing my 56 degree wedge on the weekend. I can even remember exactly what hole I left it on, and the circumstances around it. It involves me deciding to putt from just off the green instead of using the wedge, some stupidity, drinks, and then not remembering this for almost an hour. Ugh.

Anyway, hope that douchbag takes good care of Doug for me. Rant over.

:(

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A little trick that will help you never forget.

When you take your glove off to putt toss it down with the wedge rather than putting it in your back pocket. If you arrive at the next tee and go to hit but no glove, you know you are also possibly missing a club! Only one green away.

Hopefully karma turns around for you.

Place the wedge down next to the flag stick on the ground.

Most people that leave a club usually put the wedge down on the fringe.

G430 LST 9.0 Ventus TR Blue 6s

G430 LST 3 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 7s

Stealth 2 Plus 5 wood (-2 degrees) Ventus TR Red 8s 

Stealth 2 Plus 2 hybrid (+ 2 degrees) Tour ADDI 85S

Stealth Plus 2 4 hybrid Ventus Blue 8s

0317T  5-P  PX LZ 6.5

RTX Zipcore  50, 54

Lab Link 1 

I work at a golf course. We have a huge tub of lost clubs. Sometimes, we donate them to another club pro who cuts them down and donates them to junior golfers who just picked up the game. Hope that makes you feel better about losing your stuff.

WITB 2019:

Callaway Epic Flash Sub 0 Driver
Callaway Rogue 3-wood
Callaway Apex MB 3-PW
Chrome 4 Wedges 52 & 56
Ping Anser No.5 Putter

I have only returned about 3 clubs I've found (never kept any) and only left one 7i behind about 2 months ago. Where I have no idea, used on the first hole approach and should have stuck in the bag. Why would I put it down?

Wasn't there when I finished but called the Pro shop next day and it was there. Surprised nobody wanted a 25 year old Ping knock off (Tour Model III) 7i with a worn grip! It was going to be hard to replace.

Driver: Titleist 910 D2 9.75* Diamana Kai'li 65 Mid S 3W: Titleist 910F 16.5 * Diamana Kai'li 75 Mid R 3H: Titleist 910H 19 * Diamana Kai'li 80HYB Mid R 2I: TourModel III True Temper S 3-PW: Mizuno MP 60 True Temper Dynamic Gold S300 S SW: TourModel III True Temper S Putter: Cobra Anvil 005 Ball: Ksig 3 piece

I lost a banged up Vokey three years ago and incorrectly thought there was a higher chance someone would turn it in to the pro shop since I'm a lefty. So, I got in the habit of leaving clubs on the fringe at the point between the hole and the cart.

The most ridiculous thing I've seen happened two weeks ago. I found a Scotty in pretty good shape on the cart path between the first and second holes. Turns out it belonged to a guy two groups ahead, who finished the second hole (he didn't hole out and therefore needed his putter) before realizing it was missing. What an idiot.

WITB

TaylorMade M5 (10.5) Graphite Design Tour AD GP 6 S

Callaway Rogue ST MAX (15) Graphite Design Tour AD F-75 S

Ping G425 (19) Mitsubishi TENSEI CK Pro Orange Hybrid 80 S

Mizuno MP-53 (4-PW, 22-46) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Titleist Vokey SM9 (50.12 F, 54.10 S @ 55, 60.10 S) Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120 S

Edel McKenzie (35)

I always leave any club(s) laying between me and the cart, bag, or next hole. One way or another I am going to have to walk by them and even after three putting and while walking off completely distracted by that little debacle and disaster it is easy to still remember to pick them up.

The other member's suggestion about leaving them near the flag is also a good one that I have used now and then for speedy play's sake.

Take pleasure in knowing one thing OP - Karma is real and whoever opted to keep them is in for something really bad coming their way.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

I have returned plenty, often while still on the course (for example on the next tee, or to a group on an adjacent fairway), rather than at the clubhouse. I have been paid back adequately. One time I was eating lunch after the round in the clubhouse and one of my wedges was delivered right to my table by the guy that found it. Another time someone from the group behind came up to my group at the tee with no less than three(!) of my irons, on a cart-path only day.

I can remember only one lost gap-wedge, but I only blame myself.

Thankfully i play mostly private courses, and people tend to be pretty courteous.

Public courses it's kinda like the movie "the purge". I'd rather not have to murder someone, but if you're there you might have to

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

Sorry t hear that.

I always leave my wedges on the path that I will walk off the green and never in the rough.

Driver: Ping G400 Max 10.5 Stock Alta (need shaft fitting)
Fairway Wood: Ryoma F5
Hybrid: TaylorMade M6 4H & 6H
Irons: OnOff Kuro 2015 6 - PW
Wedge: Cleveland RTX4 50, 54 and 58
Putter: S.C. GoLo 3
Ball: TaylorMade TP5X
Club hoe, builder, fitter and tester as hobbyist since 1993

I feel your pain OP. I was playing in our wendesday weekly 9 hole tourney last year and left my 54 degree sm5. It's normally close to dark by the time we got through. The sad part about it is that I had it custom made, it was a black sm5 with black shaft and my wife and my wedding date stamped on the back. I realized I had left it as soon as I got home but I lived over 30 min away from the course. I actually got back in the truck and was about to drive all the way back over to the course because I knew exactly where I had left it. But I decided not to because I just knew surely someone would turn it in. I even had the head guys number at the course and texted him that night and told him about it and he assured me someone would turn it in. I checked back for weeks and never saw it again. Better believe every time I went back over there I looked in every bag I saw, but I guess whoever stole it was never stupid enough to bring it back.

Our monthly mga tournament was last weekend. Our 4 some started on 11. When my partner and I drove across the fairway on hole 3 I saw something flash in the corner of my eye, middle of the fairway about 250yds off the tee box. It was a gold money clip with 137$. No id no credit cards. Just a little emblem from some golf course. I picked it up and when the cart girl (it's a private club) came by I gave it to her and asked her to check with the groups ahead. She couldn't find the owner of it out of all the teams. I asked her about it when she was working in the pro shop a couple days later and she found the owner. He had lost it on the Thursday before our Saturday tournament. I couldn't believe nobody else found it. I was putting lights out that day and we took 1st place by 3 strokes.

Returned a 9i headcover to the group that cut me off today when they started on 10. Drive a couple holes ahead at times to return whatever I find. Losing your clubs sucks but hopefully bigger and better karma will come to you!

I've only left one club behind before. Public course I never play. I went right back and one of the guys in the group behind had it in his bag. I knew it was mine but he tried to say it was his !!! I couldn't believe it !!

But I said really ? You happen to have 3 kids the same name as mine on your wedge and it's the only club in your bag with an orange grip ?

He just handed it to me at that point

I still can't believe he would try to steal it. The nerve of some people

My worst loss was a mint W/S 8802 putter, with the original leather grip still tacky. It literally must have been stored in wraps for 40 years. I chipped in on the last hole and left it in the rough, and realized the next day and went back but no one had turned it in. I can only hope that it is giving whoever took it putting fits because it knows that the hands that hold it are stained.

I use iron covers. So I never leave any clubs behind, if I have the rubber string attachments on them, so when I see one of those dangling I must have left a club.. But I have lost numerous driver headcovers, and putter headcovers.

Driver: Callaway Epic 10.5 Project X LZ 5.5
FWY: Callaway BB 3WD / BB H4 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
Wedges: Mizuno T7 52*, 58*
Putter: Odyssey MXM Versa 1

Place the wedge down next to the flag stick on the ground.

Most people that leave a club usually put the wedge down on the fringe.

I place it on the stick, that way If someone else puts the pin back in they are forced to pick up my clubs so there is no way they are left behind.

I use iron covers. So I never leave any clubs behind, if I have the rubber string attachments on them, so when I see one of those dangling I must have left a club.. But I have lost numerous driver headcovers, and putter headcovers.

You may never leave a club behind, but it sounds like you left your pride behind long ago.

I kid, I kid. :taunt:

The image of the rubber strings hanging from your bag reminds me of this:

mittens-hanging_2.jpg

Run back ASAP is what i do !

Only ever had to run back two holes for mates!!

Found a Purse a year ago on first hole... took it straight to the Bar... as Office was shut.

I had to suggest it didn;t match my clothes today so i was returning it !

And a few years ago i picked up clubs three times for a Tourist trying to play in front of me !!!

2020 18 July mid winterNZ
Ping Rapture 2006 10.5
Nike VrS 3wood
Callaway Razr Edge5 wood

MP100=33 9876 5/mp63
54     RTX2
60     RTX2
ProPlatinum NewportTwo
2002 325gram +8.NewGrip
Dont hesitate to buy one!

We're pretty lucky here with clubs that get left behind, usually the group behind finds it and returns it asap.

I think this is to do with the fact that if they return it before you find it you owe them a round of drinks...

Sorry to hear about the loss OP.

Titleist 910D3 9.5°
Taylormade Rocketballz tour 18°

Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron
Callaway ApexMB '18 4 - PW
Vokey SM7 52° + 58°
Ping Scottsdale Halfpipe