2024 John Deere Classic WITB Photos ×

Tiger Arrested For DUI (NO POLITICS, RELIGION, PERSONAL ATTACKS, ...)

donuts

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had no alcohol in his body. Just woke up from his painkillers, give him a break. He was NOT driving and that law is BS. I am neutral on Tiger but he has serious physical problems and takes painkillers for all those injuries like anyone else would do. Sad the news has nothing better to report.

Police report is out. Car had damage so he was definitely driving.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/arresting-officers-reveal-details-tigers-incident-report

Titleist TSR-1 10.5 Speeder Driver, 3-wood, 7-wood
Callaway Epic Star Max, 5-wood

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 6-AW

Titleist TSR-1 Hybrids 5 and 6 

TM Putter

Srixon Z-Star

A lot still do - head on down to the local sports bar and see how many drive after a few or quite a few. Some folks are perfectly fine at .08 and others are three sheets to the wind. Depends on alcohol tolerance levels.

Or your local country club.

Disclaimer: this in no way lessens what Tiger just did. :russian_roulette:

In the mid 90's I was finishing a quick round by myself on the course I lived on in Mississippi and ran into the back end of a tournament. They didn't know I wasn't part of the tournanement and the 18th hole was kinda like Waste Management with people running around and forming a conga line of carts to go thru. I consider the approach shot I hit to the green one of my better shots under pressure. These guys were lit. I found out that I could have shut down criminal justice in the state for a while if i had just called the State Police to set up a checkpoint since there was only one highway to my neighborhood and the crazy clowns were all there for a statewide district attorney meeting. :busted_cop:

0.000 folks, that's all you need to know. Story over, go on with your life.

If the car was PARKED (as stated in the police report) then TW is 100% not guilty of DUI. He wasn't driving.

You'd think. But most jurisdictions don't agree. Especially if the keys are in the ignition or accessible to the driver.

A parked running vehicle is considered operating a motor vehicle pretty much everywhere.

Sleeping it off in your car is risky. Better off finding a park bench or bus stop bench.

Yeah in Texas if your keys are even in the vehicle anywhere you can get to them (even if you have to climb around) you will get a DWI/DUI.

Car in park on the side of the road is going to get you hauled off everywhere.

tdub.png

Wearing his seat belt.

So Tiger.

yeah, safety first and all.

Based on that report, it sounds like Tiger bounced off a few curbs (damaged rims, flat tires) before he decided to sleep it off for the night.

Lol. "Decided to sleep it off". Yup - let's see. Side of the road, car in drive. I'll just go ahead and put my blinker on and we're off to dreamland just like I had planned.

READ IT AND WEEP:

The behavioral effects of prescription medication vary widely, depending not just on the drug but on the person taking it. Some, like anti-anxiety drugs, can dull alertness and slow reaction time; others, like stimulants, can encourage risk-taking and hurt the ability to judge distances. Mixing prescriptions, or taking them with alcohol or illicit drugs, can exacerbate impairment and sharply increase the risk of crashing, researchers say.

875]
"In the past it was cocaine, it was PCP, it was
," said Chuck Hayes of the International Association of Chiefs of Police. "Now we're into this prescription drug era that is giving us a whole new challenge."

875]
The police also struggle with the challenge of prosecuting someone who was taking valid prescriptions.

875]
"How do we balance between people who legitimately need their prescriptions and protecting the public?" said Mark Neil, senior lawyer at the National Traffic Law Center, which works with prosecutors. "It becomes a very delicate balance."

Some states have made it illegal to drive with any detectable level of prohibited drugs in the blood. But setting any kind of limit for prescription medications is far more complicated, partly because the complex chemistry of drugs makes their effects more difficult to predict than alcohol's. And determining whether a driver took drugs soon before getting on the road can be tricky, since some linger in the body for days or weeks.

http://www.nytimes.c.../25drugged.html

TIGER WILL SKATE, mark my words.

Of course he will. Not saying he shouldn't

But he failed to maintain any responsibility. It's 100% his fault.

Yeah, he said so. Are you suffering from a reading comp issue or something?

"I understand the severity of what I did and
I take full responsibility for my actions."

tdub.png

Wearing his seat belt.

So Tiger.

yeah, safety first and all.

Based on that report, it sounds like Tiger bounced off a few curbs (damaged rims, flat tires) before he decided to sleep it off for the night.

Lol. "Decided to sleep it off". Yup - let's see. Side of the road, car in drive. I'll just go ahead and put my blinker on and we're off to dreamland just like I had planned.

At least his foot was on the brake...

You can't be in that out of it and not realize it before you get behind the wheel. He's lucky he didn't kill someone before he passed out.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

3am 3am 3am 3am 3am

Wonder where he was beforehand. Haven't read to much into it but have not seen any previous evenings/early morning whereabouts.

I missed the part where it was our business.

And yet here you are.

Callaway Razr X Black 9.5 stiff
Callaway Razr X Black 4wd. stiff
Wilson CI9 4-gw. TT reg.
Cleveland RTG Wedges TT reg. 52,56.
MG ball
Cleveland Classic #4

According to reports Tiger had a blood alcohol content of 0.00% both from a breath test and a urine sample. In order to do a blood test from my understanding of State Statute Law in Florida, the arresting agency or prosecutor has to obtain a warrant to draw blood. Apparently from all accounts this has not been done and there were no tests outside of breath and urine for alcohol only.

If that is the case, then the prosecutor would have to prove by other physical means that Tiger was under the influence while operating a vehicle. According to the report the police found him asleep behind the wheel. They did not witness him driving and then pulled him over. So without a blood test and no evidence of impaired driving, how is the prosecutor going to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Tiger operated a vehicle under the influence of prescription medications? Not much to go on in this case as far as evidence.

If I ever get into trouble, I'd love to have you on my jury. Let me clear this up for you: in the driver's seat, engine running, in a lane of traffic, fresh damage to vehicle, admitted to prescription drug use, failed roadside tests. In the legal profession, we call that evidence, lots and lots of it.

Evidence isn't relevant if it conflicts with the "narrative". :-)

You're the one playing dumb on why it is that this dallas cowboy Player (whose name you don't even know apparently) doesn't get the same attention as Tiger woods. You want to be taken seriously but resort to trying to bring equivalence to these incidents. Do you think it would be any less of a bif deal it it was Tom Brady's mug shot splashed all over the airwaves and interwebs? No, it would be as big of a story as it is with Tiger. if this were Brady or Rodgers or Russel Wilson etc.

When it comes to his greatness as a golfer, you want all eyes on Tiger, When it comes to incidents like this, you express outrage that people are fascinated by it and want to talk about it and it's really hard to take that seriously.

I have no issue whatsoever with the fascination and discussion. The vitriol expressed in comments, especially early in the thread when it was all speculation though? The glee with which folks profess it is karma?

As to his greatness as a golfer he is second best all time. Not too shabby. As a person he has made errors, some minor and some very large like this one. Unfortunately for him it gets bigger news when he does it. Of those you mention Brady perhaps would be close but it would go away faster. The others? Rodgers? Wilson? Not even close. It would get mentioned on ESPN but would certainly not be worldwide news.

I find it too bad that our modern society chooses to tear down its heroes. Perhaps modern media is to blame. Luckily for the many of previous eras the press did not play the "gotcha" game. And no I am not saying the press should not have reported this incident or being an apologist for it at all. But indiscretions of different kinds do not need to be reported. I guess I am just of an older generation that believed in kinder and gentler treatment of fellow humans.

Wilson Dynapower Carbon Mitsu Kai’li 60S

Wilson Dynapower 3+ 13.5° HZRDUS Black 70

Wilson UDI 3 HZRDUS Black 90

Wilson 4-6 Dynapower forged/ 7-P Staff CB all Nippon Pro Modus 115s

Wilson ZM forged 50° 56° 60° DG TI Spinner wedge

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/    Cameron Del Mar

More details emerging now. A couple tires blown out, the front and rear bumpers were damaged, and he thought he was driving from LA to Orange County. I'm sorry... I don't care what the law states about prescription drugs and driving, I can't defend this guy. This is just so irresponsible. He was lucky he didn't kill anyone or himself.

Yes, he was and

So is/was everyone who ever drove after drinking who didn't.

Which is basically everyone.

The indignation is bordering on hysteria and meantime everybody here knows somebody who drank and drove *this* weekend.

I am pretty sure I do not know anyone that drank and drove this weekend. And for those of you who are defending the practice (... "Everybody does it" ...), how tough is it to not drink and drive? Seriously. Just do not drink. If you have to drink to have a good time/relax/be social/etc, you may want to rethink your relationship with alcohol.

drn92

Unless you area monk along with all of your friends you shouldnt take that losing bet. Guaranteed you know someone who did exactly that this weekend. Its an epidemic and doesnt even register on most peoples radar when they do it. One beer, one shot, one glas of wine and you are legally DUI in most states.

If this hasn't been touched on yet....

Anyone who's ever taken these meds for a long period as Tiger has (as I have) knows that if you take your proper dose of them, after a few months, there is no discernible "high" from the drugs (Vicodin, OxyContin, etc.) and you can operate a car just fine. However, many patients go off the deep end with them and over-dose for the high. This is obviously what's happened here and I'd bet any amount of money that he's a full blown addict by now. His girlfriend also had her suspicions, which were confirmed by her reported reaction. I take my prescribed dose every morning and evening and go about my business with zero drama and with managed pain. If I'm experiencing more pain than usual, and I need more medicine than usual, I do NOT drive, because it impairs me and makes me VERY drowsy, to the point where you just can't keep your eyes open.....just like Tiger. In this case, it looks like he took MUCH more than his recommended dose, which is the sign of a person in trouble with their pain meds. He wouldn't be the first, for sure. The fact that he thought he could drive indicates even more trouble for him. It's a sure sign of an addict, just like a repeat DUI drunk driver. Now, I'm going to go out on a limb. This is pure conjecture on my part but, the guy has aged dramatically in the last year or so. He looks friggin terrible, and to me, like a Opioid addict. This could also explain his poor play in his several comeback tries and why he re-injured his back over and over. If you're medicated on Opioids, no matter how much you think you're in control like normal, your motor function is compromised and, at the PGA Tour level, even a little bit impaired is outside the Cut. And, out-of-sync swings at that level can cause injury. If he's addicted to these meds, he's been maintaining an addiction for years, or at least since his first knee or back surgery. I'd bet anything on it. I've seen it too many times to count.

He had no alcohol in his body. Just woke up from his painkillers, give him a break. He was NOT driving and that law is BS. I am neutral on Tiger but he has serious physical problems and takes painkillers for all those injuries like anyone else would do. Sad the news has nothing better to report.

He wasn't driving? So how did he end up stopped at an intersection, engine running, half asleep and incoherent in the driver's seat with his foot on brake pedal? We should start speculating on who drugged him and put him in such a position! Maybe it was Elin!

You have to watch the movie Interstellar to understand how Tiger got there. It's all wormhole related. I'm sure Neil deGrasse Tyson will weigh in on it shortly.

When the Malaysian Airlines plane disappeared in 2014, one of the experts on CNN opined it was the result of a blackhole. You may be on to something.

Impairment by prescription meds is less understood and education about what you should and shouldn't do while on them is not as widely disseminated as that of drunk driving. So, this is not as bad as if he were drunk driving which at this point would be willfully endangering other people.

Having said that, he doesn't get a "pass" so to speak, because ignorance is not an excuse. It's a lesson learned, for him and all of us.

There is of course the possibility he's addicted to the meds, which would be another problem altogether.

TSi3 9* RDX Smoke Black 6.5
M5 15* Kuro Kago Silver 75x
Rescue 11 18* Diamana D+ 90x
P790 4 S400
MP-20 MMC 5-PW S400
Vokey SM6 Black 52/56/60 S400
Newport Mil-Spec 350g / Byron 006 / Laguna Pro Platinum / White Hot RX #7 / Stroke Lab Double Wide Flowneck

If this hasn't been touched on yet....

Anyone who's ever taken these meds for a long period as Tiger has (as I have) knows that if you take your proper dose of them, after a few months, there is no discernible "high" from the drugs (Vicodin, OxyContin, etc.) and you can operate a car just fine. However, many patients go off the deep end with them and over-dose for the high. This is obviously what's happened here and I'd bet any amount of money that he's a full blown addict by now. His girlfriend also had her suspicions, which were confirmed by her reported reaction. I take my prescribed dose every morning and evening and go about my business with zero drama and with manageable pain. If I'm experiencing more pain than usual, and I need more medicine than usual, I do NOT drive, because it impairs me and makes me VERY drowsy, to the point where you just can't keep your eyes open.....just like Tiger. In this case, it looks like he took MUCH more than his recommended dose, which is the sign of a person in trouble with their pain meds. He wouldn't be the first, for sure. The fact that he thought he could drive indicates even more trouble for him. It's a sure sign of an addict, just like a repeat DUI drunk driver. Now, I'm going to go out on a limb. This is pure conjecture on my part but, the guy has aged dramatically in the last year or so. He looks friggin terrible, and to me, like a Opioid addict. This could also explain his poor play in his several comeback tries and why he re-injured his back over and over. If you're medicated on Opioids, no matter how much you think you're in control like normal, your motor function is compromised and, at the PGA Tour level, even a little bit impaired is outside the Cut. And, out-of-sync swings at that level can cause injury. If he's addicted to these meds, he's been maintaining an addiction for years, or at least since his first knee or back surgery. I'd bet anything on it. I've seen it too many times to count.

LOL, now the "it's gotta be this since it wasn't that, or that either".

He wasn't driving? So how did he end up stopped at an intersection, engine running, half asleep and incoherent in the driver's seat with his foot on brake pedal? We should start speculating on who drugged him and put him in such a position! Maybe it was Elin!

You have to watch the movie Interstellar to understand how Tiger got there. It's all wormhole related. I'm sure Neil deGrasse Tyson will weigh in on it shortly.

When the Malaysian Airlines plane disappeared in 2014, one of the experts on CNN opined it was the result of a blackhole. You may be on to something.

So this is like Lost? Plane crash, alternate universe, possibly black hole....maybe we are all really dead, or we are alive and Tiger is dead, wait, what's that black whisp of smoke? Damn how did that series end? What does it mean?

I'll tell ya what it all means. Tiger is a prescription drug addict and needs help. Hope he gets it, I know several people who have these issues and it usually starts with chronic pain in the back, or hip or where ever.....This is probably the biggest epidemic in the country right now........if Tiger does the right thing he will seek treatment and then use his notoriety to help others.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

So this is like Lost? Plane crash, alternate universe, possibly black hole....maybe we are all really dead, or we are alive and Tiger is dead, wait, what's that black whisp of smoke? Damn how did that series end? What does it mean?

I'll tell ya what it all means. Tiger is a prescription drug addict and needs help. Hope he gets it, I know several people who have these issues and it usually starts with chronic pain in the back, or hip or where ever.....This is probably the biggest epidemic in the country right now........if Tiger does the right thing he will seek treatment and then use his notoriety to help others.

So glad you cleared that up finally. Where were you 49 pages ago?

If the car was PARKED (as stated in the police report) then TW is 100% not guilty of DUI. He wasn't driving.

If the car is running even if it's parked you can still get a DUI. I personally know someone it happened to. They decided they shouldn't drive but it was winter so they ran the car for heat and went to sleep. Cop woke him up and he got a DWI a few hours later.

The car doesn't even need to be running. Even if parked on the side of the road or parking lot with the keys on the floor, you can still get a dui. You need to hide the keys, better yet hide them outside and away from the car. I kid you not.

+1

If the car is running even if it's parked you can still get a DUI. I personally know someone it happened to. They decided they shouldn't drive but it was winter so they ran the car for heat and went to sleep. Cop woke him up and he got a DWI a few hours later.

The car doesn't even need to be running. Even if parked on the side of the road or parking lot with the keys on the floor, you can still get a dui. You need to hide the keys, better yet hide them outside and away from the car. I kid you not.

+1

Correct. The legal term is "care and control". You must have NO access to the keys.

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke Max 9*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Taylor Made Sim 2 Max 5-wood 18*, Ventus Blue 50 A
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

According to reports Tiger had a blood alcohol content of 0.00% both from a breath test and a urine sample. In order to do a blood test from my understanding of State Statute Law in Florida, the arresting agency or prosecutor has to obtain a warrant to draw blood. Apparently from all accounts this has not been done and there were no tests outside of breath and urine for alcohol only.

If that is the case, then the prosecutor would have to prove by other physical means that Tiger was under the influence while operating a vehicle. According to the report the police found him asleep behind the wheel. They did not witness him driving and then pulled him over. So without a blood test and no evidence of impaired driving, how is the prosecutor going to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Tiger operated a vehicle under the influence of prescription medications? Not much to go on in this case as far as evidence.

The vehicle damage is quite damning.

Now, Now. I'm sure that he was simply driving the same car that Elin damaged back in 2009 when she was trying to pull him out of the vehicle to safety. As far as the tires, haven't you ever heard of Bridgestone Run Flats? I'm sure he got a complimentary set put on his car when he inked with them. This "he damaged the car because he was driving impaired" contention is just wild speculation by Tiger Haterzzz.

What the hell was he doing in a car if he wasn't driving - unless it was the back seat maybe. LOL.

WTF, Madison and I had a lil tiff and I went out in my SUV, put the sunroof back, put the seat back and used my blue tooth head phones and slept it off till it started raining.

Talk about size 13 steppin on a buzz

I haven't tried to drive after I ran up the road last year about 1/2 a mile to grab some Cope and the ride up was beautiful as I only had to make three rights and I was there-

Well, on the drive back two of the three lefts went fine(I'm blind out of left eye) but the last left was cut short and I took out her mail box, not to mention putting a nice dent in my bumper.

At least she didn't come after me with one of her irons, though she did take the keys?

Stay well my Friends?

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Have any other players dared to comment on this tragedy?

Hunter Mahan colored outside the lines a bit when he tweeted "Somebody get this dude some help. Please." But he was quickly rapped on the wrist with a ruler and deleted the tweet.

The same can be tweeted about Hunter's game~

He should just STFU and focus on keepin his card

Self righteous putz

Just my .03 worth of course

Regards,

RP

In the end, only three things matter~ <br /><br />How much that you loved...<br /><br />How mightily that you lived...<br /><br />How gracefully that you accepted both victory & defeat...<br /><br /><br /><br />GHIN: Beefeater 24

Can anyone tell me whether one must be actually driving a vehicle to be charged with DUI in Florida and/or his or her respective State? I think we need about 192 more posts on the subject, all saying the same thing, just so we are all clear. Bonus points if you say you haven't read any of the thread and apologize if it's already been posted. Thx.

When one takes a Percocet orally as prescribed, putting the pill in your mouth, taking a swig of a liquid and swallowing it, roughly 48% of that oxycodone gets into your system after the pill is metabolized and goes through one's system.

By dissolving it, one gets 92% of the narcotic into their system.

This is 100% false.

PLEASE TELL ME YOUR JOKING !!!!!

I just used my last 6 pills to make a "Forged4ever Shooter" ??

Back when I had a ruptured disc in my neck, I used to grind my percs up and dissolve them in some OJ.

Called it HammerTime.

Dunno about the difference between digestion vs dissolution, but it seemed to start working faster for me.

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5