2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Ric Shiels- Lumine pro am score

Londoner

Also, while yes he shot +41...it's not like the rest of the pack was coming in at -10 or something. The WINNER of the event shot a combined +2. Nobody came in under par. In a 17 man field, 6 other players came in at +20 or worse.

I didn't realize he only lost by 39. Ill run over to youtube now so he can teach me his ways

Callaway XR Pro Attas Tour SPX X
Taylormade Tour issue 15* V Steel 3 wood
Hybrid undecided
Cobra Amp Cell Pro's (All MB) 4-GW Project X Rifle 6.0
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do wonder if the golfers play alongside Rick in that event realized they were signing on to witness the filming of a no-budget reality show instead of a professional golfer actually trying to play well and shoot a score.

I can only imagine if someone showed up to our low-stakes money game tomorrow afternoon and spent the whole time fiddling with a video camera, in the process shooting twenty shots over their 'cap and completely taking their partners out of contention from the get-go. Pretty sure that fellow would not be welcome to show up again on Sunday to do it again...

I'm sure everyone that takes lessons from him is due to his internet celebrity status. Nobody is going to him for lessons thinking he is truly the best option/teacher in the area.

Also, while yes he shot +41...it's not like the rest of the pack was coming in at -10 or something. The WINNER of the event shot a combined +2. Nobody came in under par. In a 17 man field, 6 other players came in at +20 or worse.

I didn't realize he only lost by 39. Ill run over to youtube now so he can teach me his ways

We get it. You don't like Rick Shiels. Now move on and leave this thread. Why keep visiting something about a person you clearly can't stand? You're annoying.

Wasn’t a close race for last place.

Former professional golfer. Current amateur human being.

Driver: PXG 0811X Gen 4 7.5 HZRDUS Smoke iM10 Green 60 TX 45.9" D3

Driver 2: Taylormade Burner Mini 11.5 HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 X D5

Fairway: Taylormade Stealth Plus 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Green 70X D6

Hybrid: Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus 19.5 Tensei AV White 85 X D6

Irons: Sub70 659 MB 5-GW DG 105 X (Takomo 201's w/ occasional cameos)

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM9 56 S Grind;  Cleveland RTX Full Face 64 DG 120 X E0

Putter: PXG Battle Ready Raptor 38” Wristlock Grip

I think a lot of the comments on this thread have been way out of line. It shows just how many people on here are mean-spirited sad people that they have to attack someone for playing bad at golf. Seriously, it's kinda pathetic.

I generally felt bad for the guy after watching his video addressing it. You could tell he was down and putting on a brave face. Mentioning his weight and fitness and what not. He has never claimed to be a star golfer. He tried to qualify for the Open and failed. As do most people who try. He played terrible in this event. So what?! He seems like a decent guy. A family man who has found a market where he can gain experiences he would never have dreamed of. Good for him.

The people who get joy from an innocent fella having a poor time need to get a life.

Except the guy makes a living as a "professional golfer". It's not like some amateur WRX member went out and teed it up in some state tournament, made a hash of things and guys are crushing him for it. No one is attacking him "for playing bad golf" people are rightly pointing out that listening to what he has to say may be looked at in a different light now.

I agree that its very uncool to take pleasure from his failure I'm just not sure I'm seeing much of that. That just sounds like defense mechanism for fans of his to fire back at anyone who dare point out 41 over for 3 rounds is hot garbage. FORTY ONE over par fellas. That doesn't even demonstrate a basic level of competence for someone claiming to be a "professional" who puts food on the table by convincing the youtube generation he knows what the hell he's talking about.

I don't watch his videos, i don't follow his twatter, I don't have a horse in this race at all. And reading this from that neutral perspective I gotta say the apologists are as bad as anyone taking a few jabs at him here.

I was reading through this thread and was planning on saying something like this (except not nearly so clear and concise)

It seems like the Shiels defenders in this thread are more angry than the people questioning his talent/some of the stuff he says (as I understand it, I've never watched his videos) I guess I'm just surprised by how invested some members seem to be in this thread (one way or another)

Stealth 2+ 10.5 - Ventus Black 6X

Cobra Aerojet LS 14.5 - Kaili Blue 70 TX
PXG 0311X Gen 4 - Ventus HB 10TX

PXG 0311P Gen 3- 4 iron - HZRDUS Red 105 X
PXG 0311P Gen 3 - 5 to PW - Nippon 125 X
Vokey SM9 Raw - 50F

Vokey SM9 Raw - 54S

Vokey Raw - 60K Low Bounce

Scotty Cameron X5R Flow Neck Torched Finish

I'm sure everyone that takes lessons from him is due to his internet celebrity status. Nobody is going to him for lessons thinking he is truly the best option/teacher in the area.

We get it. You don't like Rick Shiels. Now move on and leave this thread. Why keep visiting something about a person you clearly can't stand? You're annoying.

You don't "get" anything. I neither like or dislike the guy. You are the one with the bias problem. Just blinded to what is actually being said by some weird allegiance.

"Move on!"......"you're annoying" lol well you're a delicate flower

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

There are some of us who simply can't resist being the little kid who says, "Look, mommy. That emperor is wearing no clothes".

You mean the one person willing to tell the truth about him? lol

Hybrid undecided
Cleveland CG15 56 and 60
White Hot 6 Long Neck

So this was a Euro PGA Tour event? I don't know what it costs for his amateurs to play but at the Farmers it's like $5,000+ per player for the Wed. Pro-Am. If our pro showed up with a camera, 4 putted a double bogey from 10 ft. and dropped a 88 I'd be super pissed. Shiels deserves all the criticism he's getting over this. He played like crap. He should stick to YouTube reviews and stop ruining tournaments until he gets his game back. I don't feel sorry for him at all.

So he's going to be on season two of Driver vs. Driver? Probably a six figure paycheck and we'll get to watch him spray it all over the place and blame the designers.

In Rick's last "full" season (2016) of 12 rounds of professional tournament golf he averaged 72. No mulligans, no gimmies, 7,000 yard setups, no asking your partner "what club did you hit?", no touching your ball until it's on the green, etc.

I guarantee you that the "zero caps" on this forum would not have averaged 72 over 12 rounds of pro tournament golf. Just sayin...

In my book 12 rounds of tournament golf averaging 72 is certainly more than good enough for a teaching professional.

St Anne's Old is nearly 7000 yards from the tips and a good golf course. Some of the other courses were around 5500 yards.

Taylormade Sim 2 Max - 10.5 Ventus Blue 6X
Titleist TSR3 - @15.75 Tensei 1K Black 75X
Titleist TSR3 Hybrid - @20 Tensei 1K Black 85X

Titleist 620 CB  - 4 iron - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Titleist 620 MB - 5-pw - Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100

Vokey SM9 - 52.08, 56S  & 60M Dynamic Gold Tour Issue S400
Taylormade Spider Tour X - X3
Titleist - Pro V1

A lot of very amusing "I wish I'd said that" comments,none,as far as I can tell made with malicious intent,none of this really comes as any surprise having been an early subscriber to his channel when it was fresh and different,a personable young man doing his own thing.

The reality started to dawn with on-course vlogs and so-called reviews which are nothing more than OEM demos,his standard of play in the vlogs was never that good,the reviews became predictable and full of misplaced enthusiasm about an extra yard or twp gain in distance as related by whatever launch monitor was in use.

I stopped watching unless it was a golf course that I wanted to see when I would play with 'mute' activated although that didn't spare me the sight of him wearing hi-tops and looking a complete div. when playing with Luke Donald (genuine class).

I don't wish him any harm,he has a lovely family and needs to earn a living,I don't think it's done much for the reputation of PGA qualified professionals from the UK,I have three good friends who are excellent teaching pro's who would never compromise their own credibility by playing so badly,they would either not play or make damn sure they made some effort to do ok.

Shame for him but no doubt he'll bounce back and all will be forgotten and that's probably the best thing that can happen.

"Rick,how on earth did you manage to shoot 88 ?"

"I holed a tricky 12 footer on the last...."

A lot of very amusing "I wish I'd said that" comments,none,as far as I can tell made with malicious intent,none of this really comes as any surprise having been an early subscriber to his channel when it was fresh and different,a personable young man doing his own thing.

The reality started to dawn with on-course vlogs and so-called reviews which are nothing more than OEM demos,his standard of play in the vlogs was never that good,the reviews became predictable and full of misplaced enthusiasm about an extra yard or twp gain in distance as related by whatever launch monitor was in use.

I stopped watching unless it was a golf course that I wanted to see when I would play with 'mute' activated although that didn't spare me the sight of him wearing hi-tops and looking a complete div. when playing with Luke Donald (genuine class).

I don't wish him any harm,he has a lovely family and needs to earn a living,I don't think it's done much for the reputation of PGA qualified professionals from the UK,I have three good friends who are excellent teaching pro's who would never compromise their own credibility by playing so badly,they would either not play or make damn sure they made some effort to do ok.

Shame for him but no doubt he'll bounce back and all will be forgotten and that's probably the best thing that can happen.

"Rick,how on earth did you manage to shoot 88 ?"

"I holed a tricky 12 footer on the last...."

LOL, glad I didn't say that.

Digging those high moral standards, though, some poor pro having a bad day and last few holes tells himself "I'm going to make some effort to do ok" - inspirational - should birdie in for sure. ;-)

I do wonder if the golfers play alongside Rick in that event realized they were signing on to witness the filming of a no-budget reality show instead of a professional golfer actually trying to play well and shoot a score.

I can only imagine if someone showed up to our low-stakes money game tomorrow afternoon and spent the whole time fiddling with a video camera, in the process shooting twenty shots over their 'cap and completely taking their partners out of contention from the get-go. Pretty sure that fellow would not be welcome to show up again on Sunday to do it again...

Why not nip over to his youtube channel and see what he thinks of you all ?

41 over for 54 holes at a 6300 yd course? And you have the balls to call yourself a pro? Pathetic. This is why they need to make the standards higher to weed out the weak of the scrubs who don't belong. Too many people throw the word pro around they should be called instructor nothing more. Anyone can be called pro and that devalues it. This guy is like everyone else who can hit a ball decently but cant score for s***. Cant even play par golf from the ladies tees. Cant even shoot a bad 79 three times. It bothers me that this scrub even gets an article written about him. Just goes to show if you put enough time in on something the dummies are gonna believe that you know what your doing.

If only he signed a deal with Titleist, then complained about manufacturers not sending new equipment to test, he probably would have won.

Or if he showed emails where the reps he contacted kept changing with a certain company that rhymes with Lemonade.

So they keep firing all their reps and a certain somebody cannot get a straight answer Cuz the company seems to be run in an odd way. Ever sent back a club? I hear it take 3-4 trys. Yikes!

All the other companies seem to be sending him equipment . Hmmm just not the One that rhymes with Lemonade.

41 over for 54 holes at a 6300 yd course? And you have the balls to call yourself a pro? Pathetic. This is why they need to make the standards higher to weed out the weak of the scrubs who don't belong. Too many people throw the word pro around they should be called instructor nothing more. Anyone can be called pro and that devalues it. This guy is like everyone else who can hit a ball decently but cant score for s***. Cant even play par golf from the ladies tees. Cant even shoot a bad 79 three times. It bothers me that this scrub even gets an article written about him. Just goes to show if you put enough time in on something the dummies are gonna believe that you know what your doing.

I think you need to reread the thread.

Why not nip over to his youtube channel and see what he thinks of you all ?

I just watched the video. He’s definitely a little shook About this thread. He’s certainly been reading it.

Mentions people on the forums wanting to “hang him”. Not hard to figure out who he meant. We are a mean bunch of nasty bastards over here.

I just posted a comment over there that he needs to get off the driving range and actually go play more golf. Hitting thousands of balls into a net or on a range is not PLAYING golf.

I don’t want to beat the guy up, but if you’re making a great deal of money reviewing golf clubs you can’t shoot 88,88,79 as a “club pro” and not get roasted by a bunch of hard golf core nuts. Time to practice!!

After seeing the video, the course conditions don't seem as bad as I had imagined. I'm surprised that over the three days, there were only two scores posted that were under par. Had they been playing in sleet and high winds, I could see how someone who is off their game could seriously blow up, especially if frustrated and simply trying too hard. Like he said in his post tournament summation, casual golf and tournament golf aren't the same animal. I know that all tournament players already know this. He handled it way better than the vast majority would have though. Competitive golf might not be his thing, but I think he should get back on the horse that he just fell off of. He hasn't got anything to lose now, and his YouTube followers seem pretty supportive, judging by the comments on his site that I read. At least he's got that going for him.

6300 meters. And he is a golf professional not a professional golfer. He makes a living in the golf industry. Big difference. I took lessons a long time ago from a guy who never played anymore. He just gave lessons all the time and never had time to play. So when he did go out those 2 times a year he shot terribly. Didn't make him any less of a great teacher nor did it make him a non pro.

TM Sim 9.0
TM Sim 3WTi
TM Sim 3H

PXG XF 5-PW KBS TGI Graphite Reg
Cleveland CBX2 48/54/58 KBS
Byron Morgan GSS DH-89
www.gamegolf.com/player/Chunkylover77

6300 meters get your facts straight.

6300 meters get your facts straight.

I’d love to see this dudes playing pedigree. We should all feel honored that he graces us with his presence on the forums.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

Lol. Well played my good man, well played

giphy.gif

The real question is why are all the big golf vlogs on youtube guys from the UK who butcher the english language? its impossible to understand them sometimes. Any word with th in it turns them into pudding.At least peter finch attempts to speak clearly.

The real question is, why this guy:

GOLF VLOGS UK

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0_Glxuf73w&t=0s[/media]

...is no big golf vlog?! :polling:

I can understand him, if he pronounces (bunker etc.) like it is written...

...maybe because of my humble English?