"That guy" that goes LOW!

EKELLY

We have a guy at our club as well, no one else is in the hunt when he shows up. Shot 63 on Wednesday to take all the $. Nice guy though and a really good stick, I know he has tried qualifying a few times for the US Open but hasn't quite made it. They are out there.

One of those guys who takes all the money & you call him a nice guy? Sorry the guy who knows he will win all the money more often then not is no Nice guy....... The person who knows he will win & doesn't compete is the Nice guy (as per my post above #29).

JonesScott lives near Tampa!? I thought he was going the Latin America tour route.

There are a handful of guys around Tampa that I can't touch on my best day. Without throwing out numbers, it doesn't matter what I shoot, they are 2-3-4 lower. I shot 70 from the tips at Innisbrook Copperhead last year, I was the weak link in the group by a couple........

We have a guy at our club as well, no one else is in the hunt when he shows up. Shot 63 on Wednesday to take all the $. Nice guy though and a really good stick, I know he has tried qualifying a few times for the US Open but hasn't quite made it. They are out there.

One of those guys who takes all the money & you call him a nice guy? Sorry the guy who knows he will win all the money more often then not is no Nice guy....... The person who knows he will win & doesn't compete is the Nice guy (as per my post above #29).

im pretty sure he doesn’t feel bad taking money shooting 63. Now shooting 75 and still taking money might make him feel a little worse

JonesScott lives near Tampa!? I thought he was going the Latin America tour route.

There are a handful of guys around Tampa that I can't touch on my best day. Without throwing out numbers, it doesn't matter what I shoot, they are 2-3-4 lower. I shot 70 from the tips at Innisbrook Copperhead last year, I was the weak link in the group by a couple........

There's a decent stick Ryan G. That is from around there I think

So the best player at the club should just leave? Wouldn't that leave a different best player? Should he leave? Which would leave..... Oh never mind. :)
  • Haha 1

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

So the best player at the club should just leave? Wouldn't that leave a different best player? Should he leave? Which would leave..... Oh never mind. :)

When playing "money games" should that person always be betting? I guess it is a question to ask of a person and whether it is fair. If 10 people are playing all things being equal all should have a 10% chance of winning. The person playing with friends who has a 30% or higher of winning, and participates, is not a good guy in my books. Nor is the guy who plays every year and has won it 10-15 years in a row. JMHO.....

When playing "money games" should that person always be betting? I guess it is a question to ask of a person and whether it is fair. If 10 people are playing all things being equal all should have a 10% chance of winning. The person playing with friends who has a 30% or higher of winning, and participates, is not a good guy in my books. Nor is the guy who plays every year and has won it 10-15 years in a row. JMHO.....

so, should the #1 player in the world not tee it up b/c since he's #1 and all, he should let the other guys compete for the cash?

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

Odyssey AI-ONE 7CH 35”

so, should the #1 player in the world not tee it up b/c since he's #1 and all, he should let the other guys compete for the cash?

I'm glad you said it I couldn't figure out how to say it.

If someone is significantly better whys the onus on him/her to step aside?

If he is a good guy, then no he shouldn't. Of course if someone is a blowhard, then he should happily teach him a lesson. As said the best I played with I'm sure would win the Club Championship year after year or if he showed up on men's night and chipped in and played skins, would clean up more often then not.

So the guy that wants /could use / needs the cash and ponies his up to a money game and always come out on top with a legit handicap is a bad guy

Okay glad we got that squared away

How do you feel about a guy like Ted potter junior who cashed in with a win more than not on the mini tour scene

Should he have stepped aside ?

Should 2000’s tigerhave just stopped playing ?

Are you playing some kind of gross or net game? How does one person win every time if net? If gross should the guy not play club events?

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

So the guy that wants /could use / needs the cash and ponies his up to a money game and always come out on top with a legit handicap is a bad guy

How do you feel about a guy like Ted potter junior who cashed in with a win more than not on the mini tour scene

Should 2000's tigerhave just stopped playing ?

I guess I wouldn't let him play unless getting a boatload of shots and the good guy wouldn't be searching for a game where he is taking money from people he can beat 90-95% of the time.

Again note I highlighted good guy.......

Should 2000's tigerhave just stopped playing ?

I guess I wouldn't let him play unless getting a boatload of shots and the good guy wouldn't be searching for a game where he is taking money from people he can beat 90-95% of the time.

Again note I highlighted good guy.......

Again I don’t know the specifics but I’m sure he’s at your club for a particular reason and it’s not to take 25$ off you once a week

My "that guy" shoots 75-82 and he is super good. Your "that guy" sounds like a world class player who should be on PGA Tour winning majors.

Uhhhhh

No.

My guy (who has shot 61 a few times), played D1 golf, but is now 40ish and has a full-time job. He is one of the best over 30 amateurs in the country, for sure, but he's not PGA Tour material.

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

My "that guy" shoots 75-82 and he is super good. Your "that guy" sounds like a world class player who should be on PGA Tour winning majors.

Uhhhhh

No.

My guy (who has shot 61 a few times), played D1 golf, but is now 40ish and has a full-time job. He is one of the best over 30 amateurs in the country, for sure, but he's not PGA Tour material.

Uhhhh

No.

Your guy i totally can understand. I'm talking about the OP's "that guy". He shoots in the low to mid 60 and can go as low as 58-59. That's major winner golf no?

Uhhhhh

No.

Uhhhh

No.

Your guy i totally can understand. I'm talking about the OP's "that guy". He shoots in the low to mid 60 and can go as low as 58-59. That's major winner golf no?

When a big crowd, big paycheck, and a TV camera start to suck your soul dry... how do you react? That’s the differentiator.

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

Uhhhhh

No.

Uhhhh

No.

When a big crowd, big paycheck, and a TV camera start to suck your soul dry... how do you react? That's the differentiator.

Yeah.. totally forgot to factor that into the equation. He might end up shooting even par or worse under those kinda pressure.

Dude remind me to not play with your group....damn.

Come out to Jupiter sometime...my god is there some good players here.

There's good players everywhere, some you'll never hear of but will absolutely work you.

Reminds me offa time last year I played with a guy I’d never heard off . I was -2 through 6 in a minor league event and didn’t have the box and actually turned in -2 or and still didn’t have the box . Guy I was riding with was -4 through 5. I said where do you play “oh I have past champion status on the web “ he shot 67 with a late triple bogey and I shot 71 with a double on my 17th hole .

There's a guy in SoCal named Tyler Crawford. Made it to the semis of the U.S. Mid-Am last year, I believe. Shot 61, 63 in back to back tournament rounds at the Plantation from the tips two years ago 74ish rating, 140ish slope. Shot 61 at my home course from the members' tees at 6500, 71.8/135 in our member-guest one year. Won the Kelly Cup last year also.

Dude can flat out get it going.

I want him as a partner! +1.6 and shooting those scores.

Yeah yeah-I know the super low scores were a year ago. It's still in there. :)

Wait, you were able to look up those scores???

PING G400 Max - Atmos Tour Spec Red - 65s
Titleist TSi2 16.5* 4w - Tensei Blue - 65s

Titleist TSi2 3H (18*), 4H (21*) - Tensei Blue 65s
Adams Idea Tech V4 5H, 6H, 7H ProLaunch Blue 75 HY x-stiff
Titleist AP2 716 8i 37* KBS Tour S; Titleist AP2 716 9i 42* KBS Tour S
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 46* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 mid-bounce 50* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 full-sole 56* DG s400
Cleveland RTX-4 low-bounce 60* DG s400
PING Sigma 2 Valor 400 Counter-Balanced, 38"

I said in another thread that, because of an injury, my handicap has climbed and is up near a 10 now. But, and this is the most important part of this reply...

I am seeing signs of hope.

My elbow no longer hurts after a round.

I am starting to think it is time to hit the range again.

And range time + no pain should equal lower scores.

So...

There is a potential that, as a 10 handicap, I could easily shoot a mid 70's score again. Just last weekend I made easy pars on the first 4 holes and, had it not been for three bad holes, would have shot a low score.

There is a good chance I will play in a match sometime this summer and get it dialed in. And will end up shooting way under my cap. And I anticipate being called a sandbagger. But those who have known me for a long time and have watched what I have gone through won't - and they are the ones who matter to me anyway.

Callaway Epic with Fujikura 62s in 45.25 set at 12.5*
Taylormade Rbz FW (17*)
Callaway X-Hot Pro 20* Hybrid
Callaway Steelhead 4-PW w/KBS 90s
Titleist Vokey 50*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 56*
Titleist Vokey SM-6 60-08 M
Tad Moore TM-1 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft

• 3 years later...