Captain America

QuigleyDU

Odd, i didn't see anything about theft in the recent Golf story about Reed, and it dredged up A LOT.

It was a hit piece. All of this was a "he said - he said." "Confirmation" as another poster said, is a word I'd use loosely. Even so, even if it is true, I'm not going to continue to hammer a kid for something he did in college, pre-marriage and pre-parenthood. That's basically saying, no one can change and deserves to be killed for it as long as he draws breath.

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd, i didn't see anything about theft in the recent Golf story about Reed, and it dredged up A LOT.

It was a hit piece. All of this was a "he said - he said." "Confirmation" as another poster said, is a word I'd use loosely. Even so, even if it is true, I'm not going to continue to hammer a kid for something he did in college, pre-marriage and pre-parenthood. That's basically saying, no one can change and deserves to be killed for it as long as he draws breath.

completely agree.

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

Do people in the real world call him that or just people here? That's an honest question

I call him Cap-Ton Murica and then I play a cassette tape of Born in the USA on my stolen tape deck.

Jealousy doesn't become you... Is it his fault he's living the life you want so badly?

I wouldnt want Patrick Reeds life.

Alienated family, personality flaws, constantly being disrespected in his own mind and according to others.

Everyone wants to be Batman, ok? Do you really want to be Batman? All that internal pain, all of that crap money can never fix. Constantly dealing with the Joker (my existence on these forums).

You get it, right?

Im not a fan of Patrick Reed. Its fun to make fun of him. Hes a sports figure, who gives a crap. Its all entertainment for me.

Id rather be Adam Scott...much jealous of him.

It should never be "fun" to make fun of another unless that other is a participant and can make fun right back.

R11S 8* square; Stock stiff
Maltby KE4 14* 3w , Axe Excaliber R flex tipped 1"
RBZ 25* hb; RBZstage 2 19* hb
Mizuno MP30 5 - PW, AXE Excaliber stiff, Hogan Apex PC E Wedge (50*) TT DG s300
GM Never Compromise GM2 putter
54*, 58* TM TP wedges 3* flat

Do people in the real world call him that or just people here? That's an honest question

I call him Cap-Ton Murica and then I play a cassette tape of Born in the USA on my stolen tape deck.

Jealousy doesn't become you... Is it his fault he's living the life you want so badly?

Alienated family, personality flaws, constantly being disrespected in his own mind and according to others.

Everyone wants to be Batman, ok? Do you really want to be Batman? All that internal pain, all of that crap money can never fix. Constantly dealing with the Joker (my existence on these forums).

You get it, right?

Im not a fan of Patrick Reed. Its fun to make fun of him. Hes a sports figure, who gives a crap. Its all entertainment for me.

Do you have any idea WHY he's the way he is? It could be a true medical or psychological issue that was never diagnosed.

But there's hope. Perhaps he'll grow out of it by the time he's 40 and learn to deal with all the "NORMAL" people in the world, like I did.

BT

Dr#1 Cobra Speedzone 10.5 – HZRDUS Yellow HC 65 TX @ 46”
Dr#2 Mizuno STZ 220 9.5 (10.5) - HZRDUS Smoke IM10 65 Low TX @ 46"

Mizuno ST190 15 - HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 TS @ 43"
Mizuno STZ 220 18- HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 70 TS @ 42"
Mizuno MP15 4-PW - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
Cobra MIM Wedges 52, 56 & 60 – stock KBS Hi-Rev @ 35.5”

Odyssey V-Line Stroke Lab 33.5"
Grips - Grip Master Classic Wrap Midsize

Rare is the player in any sport that unabashedly states that they want the biggest stage and actually means it.

Most of the time when players talk about how they want to be in final groups, they play for the pressure, etc. they're just reading from cue cards that have been laid out for them by their coaches over the years.

Did you notice yesterday that when Reed was up on the 1st tee early, Rory stayed away until it was pretty much go time. I honestly think the game was on from the get go. When Rory walked on to 1st tee, huge ovation from the 'patrons' to which Reed responded with ... you guessed it, nothing. He didn't even turn around to acknowledge him until Rory was right behind him, kept his back to him his whole walk up to the tee. Maybe I'm reading into nothing, so if Reed does that often, nothing new I guess.

This kid is different, the big stage doesn't scare him, or at least it hasn't yet.

You get it, right?

It should never be "fun" to make fun of another unless that other is a participant and can make fun right back.

I agree with this on a normal level, like you shouldn't make fun a normal person just going about their business.

But with public figures, you kinda have to give up privacy a bit. Esp in this day and age, it isn't show up, play golf, go home; there are much more aspects to it. If a player can't tolerate that, thats fine, just give it up, go get a job and stop playing for millions.

You get it, right?

Why so serious

You get it, right?

Batman sux....I wanna be Jack Pearsall!

Hogan's Secret.......it's in plain sight but not for everyone...
https://6sigmagolfrx.com/
2017 Taylormade M2 9.5 (set at 10.5) w/ Diamana S+ Blueboard 60 S
2010 Tour Edge Exotics XCG3 3W w/Fujikura Motore S 15 deg
2014 Taylormade SLDR S HL 3W 17deg Fujikura Speeder 65 R, shortened
2017 Tour Edge Exotics 3H UST Mamiya 670 S
2009 Callaway Xforged 3i w/ KBS tour S
2012 Cobra Amp Forged 4-GW w/ Fujikura Pro i95 S
2013 Miura forged 54 & 58 wedges - w/ DG Tour issue S
Ping Cadence Rustler Traditional putter

I agree ... AND it still didn't mention theft.

Driver #1: Callaway Epic Max LS, 9°

Driver #2: Adams Speedline F11, 9.5°

Fairway: Callaway Rogue ST Max LS, 18°

Utility Iron: Titleist 718 AP3, 19°

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1, 5-GW, 24°-48°
UW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 52°F

LW: Titleist Vokey SM8, 60°D
Putter: Cameron Studio Style Newport 2.5, 33"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B RX
Bag: Sun Mountain Metro Sunday Bag

here is where i read about the coach, it is a little less then halfway down..

http://www.golf.com/tour-news/2018/04/08/masters-patrick-reed-brash-controversial-college-allegations

Blogger Stephanie Wei obtained a statement from Jason Payne, the assistant golf coach at Georgia during Reed's year there.

"While getting to know Patrick through the recruiting process as a coach, a few character issues came to light, that we as coaches thought we could help Patrick with," he said. "Once Patrick was on campus for a few months, it became clear that Patrick was not going to mesh with the make up of the team at that time, and he was dismissed from the team. There is no doubting the ability of Patrick as a golfer, it was Patrick as a person that we chose not to associate with. The story that has been reported by Shane Ryan is an accurate account of his college career at UGA—including the suspicions held by his former teammates."

BALL; Chrome Soft X

http://www.golf.com/...ege-allegations

Blogger Stephanie Wei obtained a statement from Jason Payne, the assistant golf coach at Georgia during Reed's year there.

"While getting to know Patrick through the recruiting process as a coach, a few character issues came to light, that we as coaches thought we could help Patrick with," he said. "Once Patrick was on campus for a few months, it became clear that Patrick was not going to mesh with the make up of the team at that time, and he was dismissed from the team. There is no doubting the ability of Patrick as a golfer, it was Patrick as a person that we chose not to associate with. The story that has been reported by Shane Ryan is an accurate account of his college career at UGA—including the suspicions held by his former teammates."

Sanctimonious drivel.

I'm sure that a bunch of college/frat kids were leading completely pious lives on campus.

Meanwhile,

nike-tiger-wood-ad.jpg

You get it, right?

Not to make a big deal about this and derail this thread, but I agree whole heartedly with what you said. I have said in another thread, if you can't say it to a person's face, regardless of who they are, then don't say it on here. Its a problem in all forums of all kinds. I sometimes wish that we all had to post our verified addresses and phone numbers on sites like this. That has its problems but I bet it would go a long ways at cleaning up forums.

To answer OP, I always thought it was from his Ryder cup performances. I too think he should embrace it, maybe even wear a captain america shirt for his Sunday rounds.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

Sanctimonious drivel.

I'm sure that a bunch of college/frat kids were leading completely pious lives on campus.

Meanwhile,

nike-tiger-wood-ad.jpg

probably not, but this is coming from the coach.... not teammates. i am not saying it true or not, or that i even care. just sharing what is out there.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

probably not, but this is coming from the coach.... not teammates. i am not saying it true or not, or that i even care. just sharing what is out there.

I'm not saying PR is a saint.

Sounds like he used get drunk and raise hell, was possibly an abrasive, nonconformist sob to some college golf kids, whose butts Reed routinely kicked everyday on the golf course.

I'm liking Reed more and more. Sounds like the Ernest Hemingway of golf ; )

Plus, I read that his former coach at Augusta State is currently part of his coaching team. So he must not be completely insufferable.

I'm not saying PR is a saint.

Sounds like he used get drunk and raise hell, was possibly an abrasive, nonconformist sob to some college golf kids, whose butts Reed routinely kicked everyday on the golf course.

I'm liking Reed more and more ; )

Plus, I read that his former coach at Augusta State is currently part of his coaching team. So he must not be completely insufferable.

Clearly you have to hold this kid accountable for everything that is wrong in the world. He's everything wrong with golf and doesn't deserve anything that comes his way. Isn't that the way the world works?

DRIVER:  Callaway Rogue ST 10.5

FAIRWAYS:  Callaway Rogue ST 3, 9, 11 Fairway Woods

HYBRIDS:  Callaway Big Bertha 3 Hybrid, Rogue ST 4 Hybrid

IRONS:  Callaway Rogue ST 4-AW

WEDGES:  Callaway Jaws Raw 50 S Grind, 54 S Grind, 58 Z Grind 

PUTTER:  Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas

BACKUPS:  Odyssey Toulon Garage Le Mans Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide, MannKrafted Custom, Slighter Custom

BALL:  Testing

A man has to have options!

tOdd, i didn't see anything about theft in the recent Golf story about Reed, and it dredged up A LOT.

This is exactly how I see it. I would love to hear his side of the story, but it's really none of our business. Imagine if this guy played in the NFL, he'd be the cleanest guy in the locker room. I guess it;s good we hold golfers to a higher standard. Oh...and if any of you people that dislike Reed are Tiger fans....please tell me how you aren't the biggest hypocrite of all time.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

Can we change the title of this thread? lol. Captain Rolly Polly or King of Theft maybe?

Thank God for fictitious usernames and no avatars???

Anonymity’s a great thing, huh champ???

I loooooovvvvvveeeee this place?

Cheers?

RP

Like thats the worst thing youve seen or heard about fat boy all week?!? Bahaha ok brah.

Can we change the title of this thread? lol. Captain Rolly Polly or King of Theft maybe?

Thank God for fictitious usernames and no avatars������

Anonymity's a great thing, huh champ???

I loooooovvvvvveeeee this place��

Cheers��

RP

Like thats the worst thing youve seen or heard about fat boy all week?!? Bahaha ok brah.

Wow, bitter losers are all over the place today. Must be tough never to have won anything ... you can't even insult people well.

Sanctimonious drivel.

Meanwhile,

nike-tiger-wood-ad.jpg

Having known college golfers, this makes me like Patrick Reed more.

I did say it to his face...cant miss it. If I saw him in person, this is how it would go.

Me: Hey man...whats going on?

Fatrick: Who are you?

Me: Im a troll

Fatrick: What? A Troll?

Me: Ya, I say things on the internet because they are funny and you can handle it right?

Fatrick: Absolutely...I can handle anything. I just won the gd Masters brah. It doesnt mean anything coming from you.

Me:Exactly bro...it doesnt mean anything. No harm, no foul. You win awkwardly, I create some funny memes of you being the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, have some laughs...we all win.

Fatrick: Ya, we all win

Me: Hey man...whats up with clubs contract and your Nike contract? You have some problems getting along with people?...not like make friends, but at least look half way decent when your on tv. Get it together bro

Fatrick: Ok...its time for you to be escorted away.

Evil laugh and fade scene.

I did say it to his face...cant miss it. If I saw him in person, this is how it would go.

Me: Hey man...whats going on?

Fatrick: Who are you?

Me: Im a troll

Fatrick: What? A Troll?

Me: Ya, I say things on the internet because they are funny and you can handle it right?

Fatrick: Absolutely...I can handle anything. I just won the gd Masters brah. It doesnt mean anything coming from you.

Me:Exactly bro...it doesnt mean anything. No harm, no foul. You win awkwardly, I create some funny memes of you being the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man, have some laughs...we all win.

Fatrick: Ya, we all win

Me: Hey man...whats up with clubs contract and your Nike contract? You have some problems getting along with people?...not like make friends, but at least look half way decent when your on tv. Get it together bro

Fatrick: Ok...its time for you to be escorted away.

Evil laugh and fade scene.

100 bucks says you wouldn't or couldn't. Lol.

Swing hard in case you hit it!

Guys, The Captain America nickname was given to him by the fans and media at the Ryder Cup, where he was a a** Kicker. Deal with him. He showed everyone yesterday he's one of the top 5 in the world, just like he said he was. I laugh when guys talk about his "shady college years". He led those jealous punks at Augusta St. to 2 national championships. His teammates haven't done a thing since in the game. He's rich, he's famous, and he was such a jerk at Augusta St. his head coach quit and is now his Performance Coach, wearing a "Team Reed" hat at the Masters.

PING G425 Max 10.5* 

TAYLORMADE Stealth 3HL & 7W

TAYLORMADE  Stealth 22* & 25*

MIZUNO JPX 923 HM 6-AW 

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 54-12

PING Tour Issue Glide 4.0 Raw 58-10

SCOTTY CAMERON Phantom X 5.5

I will admit, I wanted to see a Fowler - Reed playoff. After Rickie drained that birdie on 18, before I could fully complete a thought of the possibility of Reed feeling the pressure and making a bogey on 18, the camera switches to the tee, Reed hammers a drive and shot tracer just showed perfection...game over. Compare that to the balloon loudly popping by Spieth's tee shot on 18. Ooops!

I was pretty neutral about Reed, don't hate on him, couldn't care less about his college days, thought he was a pompous idiot for his top 5 remark years ago, but impressed by his match play wins over the years. And then that tee shot on 18. It didn't make me a sudden fan, but I have to give respect to his play. He was gut. He didn't panic, he didn't throw away the Masters like so many before him. One shot lead going to 18 at Augusta on Sunday...you know the adrenaline is on overdrive, and he just smashes one. Impressive.

Someone has to be Captain America. It sure beats all those years of losing the Ryder Cup. I'll take Reed fist pumping over Boo Weekley slapping his behind doing the gallop.

Great Masters all around. Props to Reed.