Cobra '19 News?

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the two new drivers: the white and the yellow - one head looks to be a touch smaller than the other. Could one be 460cc and the other 440cc? hopefully.

they're the same had size. to only difference is the color. plus from the top, the white one is matte black in the front part. the yellow one is all carbon colored top. the womens one is black white on the top. it kinda reminds you of the M3/M4. and also there is no additional model. F9 driver and that's it. only the FW have kind of a + model.

Did any info ever come out about the F9 irons - photos, specs, tech?

I’ve been looking for a while at options for upgrading my starter irons (upgraded to the F7 driver at a fitting and f8 fairway). I hit the F8 irons and loved them, but hit the forged tec black irons the other day, and it’s thrown a real spanner in the works.

Money is a bit of an issue just jumping in, so I will probably end up buying a few irons at a time - I want something that will be around for the next 12 months or so.

I’ve been looking for a while at options for upgrading my starter irons (upgraded to the F7 driver at a fitting and f8 fairway). I hit the F8 irons and loved them, but hit the forged tec black irons the other day, and it’s thrown a real spanner in the works.

Money is a bit of an issue just jumping in, so I will probably end up buying a few irons at a time - I want something that will be around for the next 12 months or so.

The Forged Tec Black’s are a force to be reckoned with when paired up with the $ Taper shafts. Should have never sold mine. I love my 785/585 combo set but something about those FTB’s makes me miss them.

I've been looking for a while at options for upgrading my starter irons (upgraded to the F7 driver at a fitting and f8 fairway). I hit the F8 irons and loved them, but hit the forged tec black irons the other day, and it's thrown a real spanner in the works.

buy the F8 irons. the F9 don't look good IMO

I've been looking for a while at options for upgrading my starter irons (upgraded to the F7 driver at a fitting and f8 fairway). I hit the F8 irons and loved them, but hit the forged tec black irons the other day, and it's thrown a real spanner in the works.

Did the photo ever re-surface? I looked back through the head, and the woods are all that’s left.

The Forged Tec Black’s are a force to be reckoned with when paired up with the $ Taper shafts. Should have never sold mine. I love my 785/585 combo set but something about those FTB’s makes me miss them.

Thanks for that. Is there any thought they’ll be replaced in the next 6-12 months?

Did the photo ever re-surface? I looked back through the head, and the woods are all that’s left.

Thanks for that. Is there any thought they’ll be replaced in the next 6-12 months?

I believe the Forged Tec’s are on a 2 year life cycle so I’m pretty sure you won’t need to worry about that

No word on any updates to the standard one length sets?

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

No word on any updates to the standard one length sets?

Johnny Wunder was hitting Bryson's clubs yesterday in that instagram, so hopefully we have some kind of update soon.

Ping G400
Ping Anser 3W
Ping Anser 3H
Ping i210 4-PW DGTI X100
Ping Glide 50*
Ping Glide 3.0 54* Eye2
Ping Glide 2.0 60* E/S
Ping Vault Anser 2

Did anyone know the Lie Angel for the F8 and F8+ Fairway Woods?

Can't find them anywhere

Driver: Callaway Epic MAX LS 9* Tensei AV Raw white 60 S
Fairway: Callaway Paratem Triple Diamond 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

DI: Titleist U500 23* HZRDUS Smoke Black 90 6.0
Irons: Titleist T100 5-Gap Project X LZ 6.5
Wedges: Taylormade Hi Toe 54/60 Project X LZ 6.5
Putter: Odyssey O Works 7
Ball: Vice Pro

Grips: Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize Teams

Did anyone know the Lie Angel for the F8 and F8+ Fairway Woods?

Can't find them anywhere

Here is the response I received when asked regarding driver:

“Thank you for contacting Cobra Puma Golf!

There's a slight variation in the lie angle of the driver with each hosel adjustment. The standard loft of this driver if the club head was resting on a table would be 9.5 degrees and the lie angle is 58 degrees. the lower loft settings below 9.5 degrees. Overall the adjustments for the driver will not alter more than 1 degree upright or flatter. The lower loft settings of the driver will play slightly flatter than the standard lie angle of the driver. However, the higher loft settings on the club will be slightly more upright. In addition, the draw settings on the driver will also play slightly more upright.”

Ok, thanks.

Don't know what is so difficult about that to put in the Specs Sheet.

Other Manufactors do it and it helps on decision. I always need fairly upright clubs because of high hands at impact.

Driver: Callaway Epic MAX LS 9* Tensei AV Raw white 60 S
Fairway: Callaway Paratem Triple Diamond 3 Wood HZRDUS Smoke Black 70 6.0

DI: Titleist U500 23* HZRDUS Smoke Black 90 6.0
Irons: Titleist T100 5-Gap Project X LZ 6.5
Wedges: Taylormade Hi Toe 54/60 Project X LZ 6.5
Putter: Odyssey O Works 7
Ball: Vice Pro

Grips: Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize Teams

I worry for the future of Cobra Golf. The F8 line was such a beautiful line of products. I felt they really found a winner going to a more subdued, classy look, but they still had that edginess. Looking at the F9 line, it just looks like a total flop to me. I'm just one guy of course, time will tell.

Callaway (OG) Rogue SZ

TS2 Fairways

JPX 919 Tour (4-PW)

RTX4's 50, 56

BETTI QB6

I was a fan of Cobra, but they lost me at their “Raw” wedge line that wasn’t raw. I don’t know why that annoyed me, but it did.

Which ones were those?

Assuming he means the Pur wedges.

Not sure what wasn't raw about unplated stainless steel wedges if those are the ones he is referring to.

I worry for the future of Cobra Golf. The F8 line was such a beautiful line of products. I felt they really found a winner going to a more subdued, classy look, but they still had that edginess. Looking at the F9 line, it just looks like a total flop to me. I'm just one guy of course, time will tell.

I guess it all comes down to how they perform. I agree though, they had a winner with the whole f8 line, not really a fan of the looks of these, especially the yellow. Maybe more colors will be offered in the future.

I do like the shaft offerings though.

I’ll be hanging with a ? rep next week. Hopefully he shows me some cool stuff

[color=#ff0000]Teaching out of Crystal Springs Golf Course[/color]<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Teachers In California 2005-2018<br /><br />Golf Digest Best Young Teachers In America 2007-2012<br /><br />[color=#0000ff]Head Men's Golf Coach Notre Dame de Namur [/color][color=#0000FF]University [/color]<br /><br />[color=#DAA520]My WITB[/color]<br /><br /><br /><br />[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/430688-zach-heussers-golf-clubs-putter-collection-and-man-cave-pics/"]http://www.golfwrx.c...-man-cave-pics/[/url]<br />@Zheusser on twitter

I guess it all comes down to how they perform. I agree though, they had a winner with the whole f8 line, not really a fan of the looks of these, especially the yellow. Maybe more colors will be offered in the future.

I do like the shaft offerings though.

For me it's way too early to make the call on the looks coming from a cell phone snapshot of a catalog in a poorly lit room. I suppose if the aesthetics of the bottom of the club is critical and you don't like what you see that could be an issue, but it's really hard to tell how this club will look at address which I believe to be a top priority.

On the bright side and despite what any marketing fluff or dry ball data says - you could continue to use your F8/F8+ and have the knowledge that you're not giving up a single yard in distance to the F9.

I pre-ordered a set of all CB’s shafted with matte black limited edition C Taper Lites. I’m stoked! It’s going to be a while I hear they won’t be released until mid November. I’m guessing I won’t see these in my hands until December, that’s a guess. BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I pre-ordered a set of all CB's shafted with matte black limited edition C Taper Lites. I'm stoked! It's going to be a while I hear they won't be released until mid November. I'm guessing I won't see these in my hands until December, that's a guess. BB

Where'd you order with the Limited C-Taper Lites?

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

Just got an F8 driver from a reputable shop in Seattle on eBay and the adapter had settings of -1, STD, +1... just like the TM adapters. I emailed Cobra customer service to ask if this was an aftermarket adapter as until now Cobra adapters were loft based, 9.5 10.5 11.5... He told me that Cobra is now using that adapter on all shafts because it will make it easier to adjust.

Easier if you know the standard loft of the head in the first place!!!

I pre-ordered a set of all CB's shafted with matte black limited edition C Taper Lites. I'm stoked! It's going to be a while I hear they won't be released until mid November. I'm guessing I won't see these in my hands until December, that's a guess. BB

Ive read a bunch of places these will be in stores 11/2? Doesent that mean you should get your custom set on or before launch?

The irons, which hit retail on November 2 for $1,099, come with regular or stiff KBS S-Taper black PVD shafts. The stock sets come with 4-6 CB irons and 7-PW MB irons; 2 and 3 irons are also available. Full CB sets will also be available through custom in RH and LH, as well as a full MB set in RH only.

cleardot.gif

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

The limited edition matte C Tapers are available for custom order at a upcharge. I ordered them from a fellow WRX’r. Trent owns Windmill Lakes Fitting Ctr in Macdedonia, Ohio. I’ve worked with Trent on all my club orders for years he’s very knowledable and his site has all the fitting bells and whistles. I trust his dates if they arrive early that’s great but I’m sure it’s a result of ordering a custom shaft setup. BB

Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

I worry for the future of Cobra Golf. The F8 line was such a beautiful line of products.

I've had the F8 one lengths in the bag the whole year (F7s all last year) and while they are great clubs they were absolute trash cosmetically. They looked beat up after only a couple weeks in the bag. I ended up buying some polishing wheels for my Dremel and I clean them up once a month. I'm a one length convert so I have limited options but I really hope they do better next year.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash