Cobra '19 News?

I worry for the future of Cobra Golf. The F8 line was such a beautiful line of products.

I've had the F8 one lengths in the bag the whole year (F7s all last year) and while they are great clubs they were absolute trash cosmetically. They looked beat up after only a couple weeks in the bag. I ended up buying some polishing wheels for my Dremel and I clean them up once a month. I'm a one length convert so I have limited options but I really hope they do better next year.

Hmm.

I can’t really comment on the cobra F8 irons. Never played them.

I had Cobra F7 variables in the bag for 9 months or so. I liked them. Held up great for me. Only traded them because I wanted to try something less chunky.

Callaway (OG) Rogue SZ

TS2 Fairways

JPX 919 Tour (4-PW)

RTX4's 50, 56

BETTI QB6

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, the F7s were fantastic.

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

I was a fan of Cobra, but they lost me at their “Raw” wedge line that wasn’t raw. I don’t know why that annoyed me, but it did.

Which ones were those?

Assuming he means the Pur wedges.

Not sure what wasn't raw about unplated stainless steel wedges if those are the ones he is referring to.

I think he means there is an anti-rust finish on them, which isn't quite "raw."

I was a fan of Cobra, but they lost me at their “Raw” wedge line that wasn’t raw. I don’t know why that annoyed me, but it did.

Which ones were those?

Assuming he means the Pur wedges.

Not sure what wasn't raw about unplated stainless steel wedges if those are the ones he is referring to.

I think he means there is an anti-rust finish on them, which isn't quite "raw."

Thank you, I guess I didn’t explain that very well.

I missed that there was an anti rust coating on the wedges. Would have thought just being stainless steel was enough, but I've never played them so can't speak to whether or not they actually had a coating on them. All the literature state raw SS wedges with no paint, coating or anything on them. If people bought them thinking they were getting Rickie's wedges, then they didn't read the description.

On another note. The discounts on the F8 woods is awesome. Just got my F8+ 4w in and it is everything my baffler is and then some. Love the sound, and the HZRDUS Black shaft is money. Thank you Cobra and your 1 year life cycles!

I have seen it and have pictures, but not allowed to show anything due to the embargo. But the top looks really nice??

I worry for the future of Cobra Golf. The F8 line was such a beautiful line of products. I felt they really found a winner going to a more subdued, classy look, but they still had that edginess. Looking at the F9 line, it just looks like a total flop to me. I'm just one guy of course, time will tell.

I worry for the future of Cobra Golf. The F8 line was such a beautiful line of products. I felt they really found a winner going to a more subdued, classy look, but they still had that edginess. Looking at the F9 line, it just looks like a total flop to me. I'm just one guy of course, time will tell.

I guess it all comes down to how they perform. I agree though, they had a winner with the whole f8 line, not really a fan of the looks of these, especially the yellow. Maybe more colors will be offered in the future.

I do like the shaft offerings though.

For me it's way too early to make the call on the looks coming from a cell phone snapshot of a catalog in a poorly lit room. I suppose if the aesthetics of the bottom of the club is critical and you don't like what you see that could be an issue, but it's really hard to tell how this club will look at address which I believe to be a top priority.

On the bright side and despite what any marketing fluff or dry ball data says - you could continue to use your F8/F8+ and have the knowledge that you're not giving up a single yard in distance to the F9.

I missed that there was an anti rust coating on the wedges. Would have thought just being stainless steel was enough, but I've never played them so can't speak to whether or not they actually had a coating on them. All the literature state raw SS wedges with no paint, coating or anything on them. If people bought them thinking they were getting Rickie's wedges, then they didn't read the description.

On another note. The discounts on the F8 woods is awesome. Just got my F8+ 4w in and it is everything my baffler is and then some. Love the sound, and the HZRDUS Black shaft is money. Thank you Cobra and your 1 year life cycles!

That’s kind of the point. You shouldn’t have to read every piece of lit about a club...in golf equipment “raw” has a meaning. Advertising something as raw and then delivering something different is misleading. Again, not the biggest deal in the world, but I found it annoying/deceptive.

That's kind of the point. You shouldn't have to read every piece of lit about a club...in golf equipment "raw" has a meaning. Advertising something as raw and then delivering something different is misleading. Again, not the biggest deal in the world, but I found it annoying/deceptive.

I'm still missing your point. Raw for different metals mean totally different things. Copper, steel, stainless, brass, etc. If you don't read the basic description about a product before you buy, that's on you. Nothing deceptive. Either way, enjoy your Titleist gear.

“The PŪR wedge has a rust resistant raw finish that delivers tour proven spin for precision shot making.”...taken straight from Cobra’s website.

If you were wanting a wedge to rust than I guess you should have bought one that was designed to do so??? I believe “most” of the manufacturers will include or state this in the descriptions of their products if they are “designed to rust” (i.e. Marketing 101)

I don’t see how Cobra couldn’t have been more clear...”rust resistant raw finish”

As an example, Wilson Golf provides photos showing their Tour PMP Raw PVD wedge “rusting” over time and this in their description “The RAW PVD finish helps reduce glare and gives this wedge a rustic look over time.”

“The PŪR wedge has a rust resistant raw finish that delivers tour proven spin for precision shot making.”...taken straight from Cobra’s website.

If you were wanting a wedge to rust than I guess you should have bought one that was designed to do so. I believe “most” of the manufacturers will include or state this in the descriptions of their products if they are “designed to rust”.

I don’t see how Cobra couldn’t have been more clear...”rust resistant raw finish”

I still game the PUR wedges that do not rust lol! Best wedges I have ever played, sleepers for sure

CALLAWAY ROGUE ST MAX TD TC - 10.5 - MMT 60

TAYLORMADE Stealth Plus- 15 / 18 - PX Hzrdus Red

TAYLORMADE Gapr Hi - 22 - KBS Hybrid

TITLEIST '23 T200 - 5-PW - Steelfiber i95

VOKEY SM9 Blk 48/53/58- KBS Hi Rev 2.0 / TM Kia Ma Montecarlo

If you were wanting a wedge to rust than I guess you should have bought one that was designed to do so. I believe “most” of the manufacturers will include or state this in the descriptions of their products if they are “designed to rust”.

I still game the PUR wedges that do not rust lol! Best wedges I have ever played, sleepers for sure

Perhaps he missed the part were they are marketed and called the “KING PUR Wedge”...NOT...“KING RAW Wedge” ???

If you were wanting a wedge to rust than I guess you should have bought one that was designed to do so??? I believe “most” of the manufacturers will include or state this in the descriptions of their products if they are “designed to rust” (i.e. Marketing 101)

As an example, Wilson Golf provides photos showing their Tour PMP Raw PVD wedge “rusting” over time and this in their description “The RAW PVD finish helps reduce glare and gives this wedge a rustic look over time.”

Not that it matters, but all of that was added significantly later. Welcome to the board KBW.

Anyone able to PM me or post the photo of the F9 irons? I want to make an informed decision about buying, and I’m still not sure if I should wait. Hit the F8s and FTBs today, and the F8s were just far more consistent for me. I’m not going to be able to play enough to work through the swing fixes I’ll need to game the FTBs well enough.

Saw the product last week, Wood line is really cool. They went to a glued Hybrid which I like personally, the new F9 iron is... interesting, looks crazy easy to hit the new iteration of pwr shell tech on the sole looks like turf interaction will be really good. The shape is... different squarer toe kind of reminds me of the baffler iron shape from 5 or so years ago without that weird hexagon top line. The new staff stand bag is sexy!

Hit the new line at the demo day. New MB/CB are impressive and also hit the new speed back with HZRDUS Smoke and wow it felt great yet explosive!! Sorry no pics allowed

Hit the new line at the demo day. New MB/CB are impressive and also hit the new speed back with HZRDUS Smoke and wow it felt great yet explosive!! Sorry no pics allowed

Can you tell the differences between the Speedback and the F8 Line?

Feel, looks, ballspeed etc.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

I went into the fitting for CB's and it was towards the end of my hour and he said you want to hit the F9 real quick? I said ok but didn't get any numbers but I have hit the F8 and really liked the F8 feel. This felt just as nice but a bit more explosive feel (not loud) still CNC milled face but more subtle writing and a more aggressive looking crown and sole. I totally dig it!! I hit the yellow sole one with glossy top

Thanks for the info.

One thing I said early this season when I was deciding between the F8+ and the G400 Max was, I wish someone made a club that sounded/feels like the Cobra, with the explosiveness of the G400, and a milled face (minus) the deep cut on toe/heel and the cnc milling words on the face and the “speed notch around the face”. I know I’m talking with Cobra this year that they had some people complaining of cut balls from the above mentioned, Myself included.

I’m excited to check out the new line.

Driver:  MIZUNO ST-G 440 (9.5d) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  MIZUNO ST-G Titanium 3w (15) - Lin-Q Red 60s

Fwy:  COBRA F6 Baffler (19) - Hzrdus Red 75/6.0
Hybrid:  COBRA F7 Hybrid (22) - Tour Blue 85s

Iron:  MIZUNO Pro 245 (5 - G) - Recoil Proto 125 F4
Wedge:  MIZUNO T24 Denim Copper (54/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4     
Wedge:  TAYLORMADE Hi-Toe Copper (60/10) - Recoil Wedge Proto F4

Putter:  LAJOSI DD201 Copper Flow or MANNKRAFTED MA-55 Flow
Bag:  BENNINGTON LQO-9 Stand Bag or Ogio Silencer Cart

Saw the product last week, Wood line is really cool. They went to a glued Hybrid which I like personally, the new F9 iron is... interesting, looks crazy easy to hit the new iteration of pwr shell tech on the sole looks like turf interaction will be really good. The shape is... different squarer toe kind of reminds me of the baffler iron shape from 5 or so years ago without that weird hexagon top line. The new staff stand bag is sexy!

I personally love the adjustability of my f7 hybrids. if I continue to improve my iron distances I just deloft the hybrid a little bit instead of having to buy a new one to keep my gappings. wish the wide range of loft adjustment would stay