2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

MD/DC/VA Golfers - Twelve Monkeys Mental Divergence

eagle1997

> @Kent01putt said:

> Stupid is as Stupid does. Thanks Mark for setting this up. Mark and I teamed up for a 5-4 win in the best ball. Mark made 4 straight pars to start and I helped on two holes. The singles was a good match that changed hands on every hole but two. Fun day the even in the rain.

Well, close.

I parred 1.

Kent went NET PAR on 2.

I stuffed one in for birdie on 3 and made the putt (this was a 2 foot putt I hit with the speed of a 15 footer, I think).

I made a nice par on 4 after I hit my 20 foot putt 12 feet past the hole.

Hole 5, D.Hutch halved with a 20 foot frutt, and then Kent closed them out on 6 for a 5&3.

Kent picked up breakfast. Kent's the man. I'll tell ya how old school Kent is. . .he was trying to light matches yesterday to get his cigarette lit. Dude need a Zippo.

Let's not bury the lede here. . .with the last minute drop outs, Kent finally got shifted to the SMALLS.

Ping G400 LST 10º XTORSION Copper 60
RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 4I-GW
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Vokey 60º/04º. "The Scalpel"
Odyssey Stroke Lab Black Ten
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

We're on 18, and I closed endless out on 17. He and I just start walking up and Kent says, "where are you guys going?"

"it's over. I'm leaving."

So, I get to the green, and they've formed a sixsome. I go, "what's you guys interest level in playing the chip & putt?"

All together : "ZERO".

So, I wait by the green, and Kent almost hits the stick with his second shot. He left it in the correct place. . .ABOVE THE CREEK RUNNING THROUGH THE GREEN. He putted from above the green, and almost made it. His tap in par left him 2 up. Kent putting with D.Hutch in the background :

apcdrbqodv9p.jpg

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

When we packed for Scotland last summer, our travel agent told us to just leave the umbrellas at home. Saves weight in your travel bag, wont make a difference anyway and saves the caddy the hassle. Yesterday seems like it was the kind of day where you just leave it at home.

Props to everyone who played. Heck I had a package I wanted to get out of the mailbox, I didn't even go outside until 8p or so.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

> @dcmidnight said:

> When we packed for Scotland last summer, our travel agent told us to just leave the umbrellas at home. Saves weight in your travel bag, wont make a difference anyway and saves the caddy the hassle. Yesterday seems like it was the kind of day where you just leave it at home.

>

This is my personal favorite choice. The outlier is that I also don't have rain gear so it usually just me and my rain gloves

> @aiyyer said:

> Pretty scary how bad I did not want to lose to the kid. Kudos to THDC parenting - young Chen had a smile on his face the entire round.

I was pretty sure you guys were going to end up tied. Especially since Junior could only play the even numbered holes with his 3 wood. :/

What a great/insane day out there. I was pretty sure somebody (Kent) was going to get pneumonia and die. My rain jacket soaked through after the front 9. By the ended I was drenched through and through. But, eh, what ya gonna do? Suck it up and play golf.

For those who weren't there. . .the twist was that you had to play even numbered holes with even clubs, and odd numbered holes with odd clubs. Putter was good on everything.

If you had a set without an even club (like I did) you could choose any club on an even hole. But, if you had an even club, you had to use it.

So, endless, for instance, had a 4 iron and no other even club. He had to use it everywhere, whereas I could just pick whatever odd club made the most sense for me.

I thought that it would be a disadvantage for a guy like me, but guys like Young Chen, and endless -- with ONE even club -- really got the shaft.

![](https://www.getdigital.eu/web/getdigital/gfx/products/__generated__resized/380x380/Aufkleber_Trollface.jpg "")

This was definitely the most significant twist ever. It really affected how you played.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Man I consider myself as much if not more of a golf addict than everyone else here, but yesterday I had to draw the line. I dressed sensibly for the conditions, but don’t have the full $400 set of head to toe rain gear. Doesn’t sound like that really helped anyway. By the 11th hole I was in the midst of the match against Eagle. He won 10, I won 11, then the wind started picking up. The carts had no windshields. I was speeding down the cart path thinking, “MAN THIS IS UNCOMFORTABLE.” All I had was my 6i for the next hole. I was thinking hard as the group was putting out. I blurted out, “‘hey I don’t need to be doing this anymore this is brutal” and Eagle’s eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. He was hurting in his costume. We agreed to halve the match, sped back to the club house and ordered this many $2.50 a pop mango white claws:

![](https://tenor.com/QGLK.gif "")

• Like 2

I'll be honest. . .I was secretly hoping the Pow would shut the course. I wasn't going to cancel my event, but the idea of sitting around all day with wife and dog in my PJ's was pretty appealing.

When I got home, she'd just made a pot of coffee and had hot spinach/feta pie. Nice wife.

• Like 2

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @TheCityGame said:

> For those who weren't there. . .the twist was that you had to play even numbered holes with even clubs, and odd numbered holes with odd clubs. Putter was good on everything.

>

> If you had a set without an even club (like I did) you could choose any club on an even hole. But, if you had an even club, you had to use it.

>

> So, endless, for instance, had a 4 iron and no other even club. He had to use it everywhere, whereas I could just pick whatever odd club made the most sense for me.

>

> I thought that it would be a disadvantage for a guy like me, but guys like Young Chen, and endless -- with ONE even club -- really got the shaft.

>

> ![](https://www.getdigital.eu/web/getdigital/gfx/products/__generated__resized/380x380/Aufkleber_Trollface.jpg "")

>

> This was definitely the most significant twist ever. It really affected how you played.

>

How did you guys treat hybrids and wedges? Odd or even or neutral?

Same experience. By the time my group was half way through the back 9, I think we all agreed that golf was over once we finished #18. The event was a ton of fun though, and my rain gear held out until #13 or so.

d.crow and I crushed it in the four ball. He won 1 with a par, I won 2 with a par, I won 3 with a birdie, we pushed 4 with a bogey, I'm pretty sure Dan won 5, and I won 6. I think. Anyway, the point is that the shorts won. ShortzRuleTallzDrool.

Singles was pretty funny. After winning 10 with a par, Sull came back and won 11 with a bogie. We both had 6 foot putts on 12 for bogie and decided to good/good the putts. I won 13 and 14, and put the nail in the coffin with some stellar play on 16. Hit my tee shot OB - bounced off a tree back into the fairway. Hit my second shot OB, bounced off a tree back into the fairway. Third shot from like 205 lands 20 yards short and somehow manages to run to the middle of the green. Sull was in awe of my golfing prowess. Shot of the day, not to be confused with play of the day, for our group went to Mark, who got a GIR on #17 teeing off with a driver. Play of the day goes to Eagle for getting Tubby's to open up their liquor store just for him. Whiskey and an english muffin for breakfast. The stuff of champions.

Also, my Tubby's hat barely fit. Le sigh.

• Like 1

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

When I popped into the beer cave at Shoppers yesterday I noticed that White Claws and the like have an entire shelf section now. I am pretty sure Natural Light had one too - if its the same kind of thing. If I wasnt walking home/carrying all the crap I bought I would have bought a couple to try.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

I prefer White Claw over beer. I'm not sure if that's a popular opinion or not. Taste is fine, and doesn't leave me feeling crappy the next day.

Cobra F8 12* (HZRDUS Yellow 65 x)
TEE e8 Beta 15* (Aldila Rogue Silver 70x)
Cobra F6 3h (Aldila Tour Blue 85x)
TEE ex10 4h (UST Mamiya Recoil 650 F5 x)
Srixon z745 5-PW (KBS Tour-V x)
Callaway md3 52* S grind
Callaway md2 56/60* PM grind
Scotty Select Newport 2.6

> @ALTSean said:

> > @TheCityGame said:

> > For those who weren't there. . .the twist was that you had to play even numbered holes with even clubs, and odd numbered holes with odd clubs. Putter was good on everything.

> >

> > If you had a set without an even club (like I did) you could choose any club on an even hole. But, if you had an even club, you had to use it.

> >

> > So, endless, for instance, had a 4 iron and no other even club. He had to use it everywhere, whereas I could just pick whatever odd club made the most sense for me.

> >

> > I thought that it would be a disadvantage for a guy like me, but guys like Young Chen, and endless -- with ONE even club -- really got the shaft.

> >

> > ![](https://www.getdigital.eu/web/getdigital/gfx/products/__generated__resized/380x380/Aufkleber_Trollface.jpg "")

> >

> > This was definitely the most significant twist ever. It really affected how you played.

> >

>

> How did you guys treat hybrids and wedges? Odd or even or neutral?

>

Driver -- odd.

ALL FW woods -- even (3w, 4w, 5w, 7w)

All driving irons, hybrids, 3 iron -- odd

4-P as expected.

All wedges above P were odd (50, G, 55, LW, SW, etc)

I know it seemed funny that "3W" was "even" but I was trying to put things into categories based on how people build their bags.

I think Kent had 3W, 3Hy, 6I, 9I, PW, SW, Putter which was about as good a bag as you could put together for this.

• Like 1

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

Great 7's. After missing for the first time last year, I was playing no matter what, which included a 1.5 hour drive and playing in the pouring rain.

Golf:

Teamed up with the Blue Unicorn taking on MeatDave and HBD. After hitting into the trees on the right off the tee on hole 1, I made a 15 foot breaker to save par which got my round started off well. Blue Uni and I were both both playing well with multiple looks at par on most holes. We took a 3 up lead through 5. We then lost 6 and MeatDave made a very nice par on 7 - we are now only up by 1 with 2 to play. Lucky for us, Blue uni drained a par putt on 8 to take it 2 and 1.

In the singles, it was HBD vs. Blue Uni and MeatDave vs. XHoop. Good guys giving 4 shots in both matches. In the first 7's I played MeatDave and he put an epic beatdown on me. He picked up (5+ years later) right were he left off and took 10 and 11 against me. He hit another great shot on 12 but 4 putted through the rain which enabled me to take 12. That ended up being a bit of a turning point as I was able to take the next two holes to go one up and then won 15 to move to 2 up. At that point, the rain picked up, it was windy, and MeatDave called it. Totally understandable in those conditions. I played in with the group in front as a 5 some and got to watch some good matches coming home. All five of us were completely done and we skipped the pitch and putt.

In breaking news, after another loss in the 7's, the Talls have called for a [Ryder Cup Style ](https://www.pga.com/news/golf-buzz/ryder-cup-task-force-holds-first-meeting "Ryder Cup Style ")'Tall Task Force' in hopes of bringing a more competitive team to Gunpowder next year.

After Golf Hang:

Great times in the Gunpowder 'bar'. Everyone was soaked from head to toe with rain drenched clothing everywhere. Solid burger, beer and chili after the round which was a perfect end to a very cold day.

Ping G430LST 10.5' - Ventus Blue 6S
Srixon ZX 15' - HZDUS Smoke Blue RDX 6.0
Ping G 3 Hybrid

Ping G 430 4 Hybrid

Srixon ZX5 MK2 5, ZX7 MK2 6-GW - Nippon Modus 105S
Titleist SM9 54' and 58' - S Grind
Cleveland HB Soft 11S

**The following is a guest post from our good friend BethesdaRick:**

'lo there Peons! So good to see the proletariat still working for the benefit of the bourgeoisie. Don't question it, this is capitalism at its finest! Anyway, I was with some of my fellow tycoon friends, and as always, your hijinks gave my friends quite the laugh:

"And they are so excited, there is a USED golf superstore that opened up in Columbia and they love it! They get fitted for someone else's crap! Its got hats and gloves too!"

efbpinrdd6w7.gif

Thought I'd share my experience of Friday to show you how the other half lives. I was invited to play Baltimore Country Club- East . You know the place with the fence around it, the armed guard, and the place you'll never get to play unless one of my fellow rich guys invites you? That's the one!

Unfortunately, the wind was blowing a gale at BCC East. We briefly thought about using my NetJets card and heading down to Seminole, but we figured, you know what, we're real men. We came to play golf! Could you imagine if someone threw a tournament where it was windy and rainy, and some people didn't show up and some people quit early? PFFFFTT. REAL GOLFERS TEE IT UP NO MATTER WHAT!

Conditions were as tough as I've ever played the place. Due to the drought, balls we're having trouble holding the green. Add the wind and its was real fun. I hit the ball pretty well, but scoring and putting just wasn't happening. Finally got on #2 in regulation, and the ball released to the back for a bogey. Ah well, always a good time. Here's a few pice you can drool and fantasize over:

ft0vrv2c2re5.jpg

rjnybxewac24.jpg

lnbkkmd7cdf3.jpg

Till next time, working class! Remember, work hard and one day you might be like me! (snicker)

• Like 1
Hive Tour Titles: 0
Capitol Cup Singles Record: Undefeated.
Suck it, Ceejay.

MarkR's driver on 17 was definitely play of the day. He's is choosing between his sand wedge and driver, and says "I don't think I can get my sand wedge there". I go "Well, that shouldn't be a problem with driver." I start cracking up waiting for him to blast one in the woods. Then he hits a little bunty driver that lands on the back of the green and trickles down to the middle. Amazing shot. Lesson learned: never doubt the net club championship runner up.

I'm playing the grips my new-to-me-2nd-swing irons came with. Golf Pride Tour Wrap. TERRIBLE in the rain. HORRIFIC. I got a brief taste of it over the summer when I was really sweating, but nothing like yesterday. My clubs were set up such that the Tour Wraps (irons) were in play on even holes, and Tour Velvets (driver and wedges) were in play on odd holes. Siegel won 3 of 4 even holes to win 3&2. I'm kind of bummed because I've been swinging nice but didn't have much of a chance because of that.

Other pro move that Siegel pulled was accidentally bringing 5 and 6 iron. Turned out to be a great mistake because he always had a good tee club without having to resort to hitting half drivers or anything.

I crashed hard last night. Weather totally killed my energy. I was in bed with the ipad at 7 and asleep at 8:30.

> @baddomes said:

> Played a place called The Virtues Golf club outside Columbus yesterday. Dad made the solid bro move and drove from Pittsburgh to meet me. He's a road warrior.

>

> Unfortunately American decided not to put my clubs on the airplane I was in, instead loading them on the next flight. They're supposedly at DCA right now. We'll see. Luckily I was going to a construction site and had my hiking shoes. Bought a couple of rack rate prov1 sleeves and a glove and was fine. Rented ap3s.

>

> Virtues is an Arthur hills design and it's easily my favorite of his I've played. Tons of good land out here. Every hole was sort of on it's own, trees are set back significantly. Good mix of shorties and longies. All the par 3s were similar distance.... Only complaint.

>

> NO PICTURES.

>

I just played The Virtues a couple of months ago. Great course. Their website claims they are the #1 public course in Ohio. Like you said, there is a nice variety of holes. It's about 2.5 hrs from the Burgh so it was a lot of driving for one round. But it would be a nice spot for a couple of rounds and a one night stay.

> @TheCityGame said:

> > @SullGolf said:

> > Alright. It's Friday. 48 hours to the 7s. I'll take a $5 bet on every tall in the big course singles matches. I'd also take a chip and putt bet with one person for $1 per event (i.e. when talls win all 8 singles matches, you give me $8).

> >

> > I don't think this is the case, but if anyone besides me has ever gotten any weird hive trophies, I'm willing to bet my limited edition NGB7s pimple poster on the talls. I've been using it as an outlet protector behind the crib recently. Sweet dreams baby.

>

> $5 on every smalls vs talls match. I have the small.

>

> shake.

I'm not a big better, but this is now officially the most money I've ever lost on a golf bet.

• Like 1

So, I had to make an unexpected trip back to Maryland on Friday for work. We were up against a deadline and ran out of paint. The closest available inventory of said paint was located in Dundalk. My boss knows I lived in MD for a couple of years and apparently that made me the most qualified person for the drive. So, I hopped in the car and drove 4 hours to Dundalk, loaded up some paint, and drove 4 hours back. Pretty easy day actually. Made about $250 in mileage and got to reminisce on all of the MD courses I used to play.

> @therealsneek said:

> So, I had to make an unexpected trip back to Maryland on Friday for work. We were up against a deadline and ran out of paint. The closest available inventory of said paint was located in Dundalk. My boss knows I lived in MD for a couple of years and apparently that made me the most qualified person for the drive. So, I hopped in the car and drove 4 hours to Dundalk, loaded up some paint, and drove 4 hours back. Pretty easy day actually. Made about $250 in mileage and got to reminisce on all of the MD courses I used to play.

Did you run through your back log of NLU episodes?

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

> @TheCityGame said:

> > @therealsneek said:

> > So, I had to make an unexpected trip back to Maryland on Friday for work. We were up against a deadline and ran out of paint. The closest available inventory of said paint was located in Dundalk. My boss knows I lived in MD for a couple of years and apparently that made me the most qualified person for the drive. So, I hopped in the car and drove 4 hours to Dundalk, loaded up some paint, and drove 4 hours back. Pretty easy day actually. Made about $250 in mileage and got to reminisce on all of the MD courses I used to play.

>

> Did you run through your back log of NLU episodes?

Sure did. I am all caught up now. (although I think they just released another one this morning)

I really enjoyed Soly's solo pods on England golf. It would be hard to go there before going to Scotland, but he presented a very strong case for adding it to the bucket list. Like he kept saying the best part of golf there is that if you have a credit card you can play all of the top courses. People may argue if the price tag is worth it or not, but at least you have the option to pay to play if you would like.

I've been watching Tourist Sauce Ireland as well. This season has been ok so far. I think a lack of competition for this season has hurt them a tad. It looks like they are doing the Carolina's for their next season (including Pinehurst). That should be interesting.

My "Trust Fund Tronald" comment on their Doonbeg video did not win best comment. I have no idea why.

> @SullGolf said:

> > @TheCityGame said:

> > > @SullGolf said:

> > > Alright. It's Friday. 48 hours to the 7s. I'll take a $5 bet on every tall in the big course singles matches. I'd also take a chip and putt bet with one person for $1 per event (i.e. when talls win all 8 singles matches, you give me $8).

> > >

> > > I don't think this is the case, but if anyone besides me has ever gotten any weird hive trophies, I'm willing to bet my limited edition NGB7s pimple poster on the talls. I've been using it as an outlet protector behind the crib recently. Sweet dreams baby.

> >

> > $5 on every smalls vs talls match. I have the small.

> >

> > shake.

>

> I'm not a big better, but this is now officially the most money I've ever lost on a golf bet.

Except for winning $1100 for winning the golf pool, $270 for winning a pool quarter, the $210 I won in the member-member skins pools, or the $250 I won in the spring medal parimutuel betting this year, or the $50 worth of free t-shirts from NLU,, it was the best I've done gambling on golf.

This year.

RBZ Stage 2 4W 17º
Strong torso
Cobra f6 Hybrid
Vokey 54º/14º F-grind
Oncore Elixir Neon Green

i just sent out the share to the google album.

putting it together this am, i realized that i've never taken more pics of siegel in my life. which is a shame. kid is very photogenic.

i also delivered the signed poster to c.free on my way home. he was wearing a towel at the time. so good.

![](https://i.imgflip.com/3dxbpj.jpg "")

• Like 1

TM M5 10.5°
TEE XCG4 3w 15°
Cobra BioCell 3h
Titleist AP3 4-GW

Bstone J15 52°

Cally MD3 58° Tour Grind
Bettinardi Queen Bee #5