2019 Phoenix Area Course Conditions

azgolfer44

Has anyone played Tatum Ranch lately? Interested to hear how everything is going out there. Any members here on WRX?

I'm thinking of signing up for their summer membership. I've done it before but not for a couple years. It's a pretty good deal. $1500 for 5 months.

That Tatum Ranch deal is interesting. Any other costs over and above the $1,500 like cart fee, F&B, etc? Any idea on their guest rate?

And any other courses in the east valley that offer something similar for the summer?

Thanks in advance.

When I was a summer member a couple of years ago, it was the following:

- $15 for an electric cart, $7 for a pull cart and you CANNOT bring your own. Nothing extra to carry.

- guest rate after May was $40, including cart

- must spend $200 in restaurant/bar over the 5 months.

- there's reciprocals at some other courses including Legend Trail, Eagle Mountain, and Terravita

- the only downside is that summer members can't get a tee time prior to 09:00. However, if the course isn't busy (a lot in the summer) they will sometimes let you go play prior to 9:00 depending on who's working in the pro shop.

I don't know of any other summer deals in the NE valley but I heard Legend Trail does something.

That's close. I was about to say the cart is now $20 but we do usually lower the fee in summer. I'm in Wichita on biz for a couple days but will answer any questions you may have in a day or two.

Let 'em fly! I've been a member at Tatum Ranch for about 15 years after 10 at Moon Valley.

Post your questions here and I'll get back to them soon-ish :)

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Has anyone played Tatum Ranch lately? Interested to hear how everything is going out there. Any members here on WRX?

I'm thinking of signing up for their summer membership. I've done it before but not for a couple years. It's a pretty good deal. $1500 for 5 months.

That Tatum Ranch deal is interesting. Any other costs over and above the $1,500 like cart fee, F&B, etc? Any idea on their guest rate?

And any other courses in the east valley that offer something similar for the summer?

Thanks in advance.

When I was a summer member a couple of years ago, it was the following:

- $15 for an electric cart, $7 for a pull cart and you CANNOT bring your own. Nothing extra to carry.

- guest rate after May was $40, including cart

- must spend $200 in restaurant/bar over the 5 months.

- there's reciprocals at some other courses including Legend Trail, Eagle Mountain, and Terravita

- the only downside is that summer members can't get a tee time prior to 09:00. However, if the course isn't busy (a lot in the summer) they will sometimes let you go play prior to 9:00 depending on who's working in the pro shop.

I don't know of any other summer deals in the NE valley but I heard Legend Trail does something.

That's close. I was about to say the cart is now $20 but we do usually lower the fee in summer. I'm in Wichita on biz for a couple days but will answer any questions you may have in a day or two.

Let 'em fly! I've been a member at Tatum Ranch for about 15 years after 10 at Moon Valley.

Post your questions here and I'll get back to them soon-ish :)

Awesome, thanks! I was just curious how the club has been doing, haven't been out in years but loved the facility. Is it member-owned now or management company owned, and has that helped/hurt with staffing and course conditions? Feel free to DM me as well if this is more information than anyone else in the thread cares for, haha!

Awesome, thanks! I was just curious how the club has been doing, haven't been out in years but loved the facility. Is it member-owned now or management company owned, and has that helped/hurt with staffing and course conditions? Feel free to DM me as well if this is more information than anyone else in the thread cares for, haha!

Not member owned-it is an Arcis course. The course is great and in great condition and we have a great membership. if there is a complaint it is that we have too many active members so the course does get a lot of play. What that means to me is that last second walk up play is sometimes difficult to get.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

Legend Trail in under 4 hours with a 10am Sunday tee time. Conditions good all around.

TM Sim Max 10.5 Ventus Red Senior
TM Sim Max 3 Ventus Red Senior 
Cobra F9 17* Rescue Atmos Regular
TM Sim Max 19*, 25*, 28* Rescue Ventus Blue Senior 
Cobra F9 7-SW Atmos Regular
Vokey SM6 62* T Kuro Kage stiff
TM Spider Tour Day
OUUL stand bag
Titleist Velocity or Callaway Softfeel

Played Aguila on Thursday before the az AM. Mamma Mia was it in good shape! Greens super pure and quick. $29 walking with the city card is a no brainer

callaway epic max ls MMT x
Ping G25 15* Black Tie

818 H2 set 21* evenflow 6.5

HOGAN ft worth black x100

cleveland 50* scratch  54 & 60 customs T&A
Cleveland TA milled options

I've been getting real tired of the over priced rates and slow play in the valley lately so I've been playing with the nice folks in Sun City the past few rounds. I played Pebblebrook 2 weekends in a row now and I like it. Teed off around 1 both times and finished in 3 1/2 hours. I can't remember the last time I played a round with a 4 some and 4 somes ahead and behind us, under 4 hours. Especially this time of year. Tee to green was great. Rough is just dormant Bermuda. Some of the greens though were severely sloped back to front and they seemed to always have the par 3 pins in the front of the par 3's both times I've played so far. Definitely will be going back while the rates are high everywhere else.

My Current WITB:

Ping G400 LST - Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.5

Ping G - 5 & 7 Wood - Project X EvenFlow Blue 6.5

Cobra Amp Cell - 4 Iron – Project X EvenFlow White 6.5

Ping i200 5-PW – KBS Tour

Ping Glide 4.0 Stealth 50,54,58 – TT Dynamic Gold

Cobra Vintage Stingray-40 

Gotta give some props to Orange Tree. I hadn't played it in five years or so but with Valley golf prices at an all-time high, I went for it for $69.

They did a very nice job with the over seed. Dark green fairways along with some traditional green rough in addition to the usual dormant bermuda rough. Greens were in good shape, speed fairly quick (almost all greens slope back to front), and pace of play was 4:10. Decent sand in the bottom of the bunkers, but not so much on the sides. The par 4 18th is a strong finishing hole.

Biggest complaint is that a 35 ball range bucket is an additional $7.

Dove Valley Ranch also in pretty good shape. 4:10 round with a full tee sheet. I hadn't played DVR in maybe ten years so it was basically a new course to me. Good front 9, a few quirky holes on the back as I'm sure others have previously noted. Gotta hit a strong drive on 11 which is a tough par 4. Pretty good value for $76 and good service.

Gotta give some props to Orange Tree. I hadn't played it in five years or so but with Valley golf prices at an all-time high, I went for it for $69.

They did a very nice job with the over seed. Dark green fairways along with some traditional green rough in addition to the usual dormant bermuda rough. Greens were in good shape, speed fairly quick (almost all greens slope back to front), and pace of play was 4:10. Decent sand in the bottom of the bunkers, but not so much on the sides. The par 4 18th is a strong finishing hole.

Biggest complaint is that a 35 ball range bucket is an additional $7.

Dove Valley Ranch also in pretty good shape. 4:10 round with a full tee sheet. I hadn't played DVR in maybe ten years so it was basically a new course to me. Good front 9, a few quirky holes on the back as I'm sure others have previously noted. Gotta hit a strong drive on 11 which is a tough par 4. Pretty good value for $76 and good service.

I actually don't mind DVR when it's in good shape....quirky for sure but there are worse options out here. The service has always been good whenever I play there.

Driver: Sim2 with Ventus Blue 6x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: PXG 0317x 17* with Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
Irons: PXG 0211ST w/KBS Tour X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

Yikes new forum is awful 

[twitter]oneputtblunder[/twitter]
10.5 Aeroburner TP Fujikura Speeder Pro XLR8
14.5 X2 Hot 3 Deep Tour Green
18* X2 Hot Pro Hybrid
RSI TP 4-PW KBS Tour 120
Byron Morgan DH89 Rincon Neck deep mill or Circa 62 No 2
Vokey 52/56/60 SM5/TVDK/TVDVgrind DG S300
[url="http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/175527-one-putts-road-to-redemption-bag-04262014/"]WITB Link[/url]

Heading to Scottsdale on Sunday and staying by Old Town.  Playing with the father in law so won’t be going too crazy with the courses.  We plan to play one of the top courses and three other rounds trying to stay under $100/round for those.  

For courses within about a 20 minute drive, what is our best bet?  

Also, other sites to check besides golf now and tee off?

Thanks

Just left AZ, courses were great, weather perfect. Played both Anthem courses because I have family in the community, very challenging courses, winding thru the homes, too many doglegs with desert that creeps in, got me a few times.

Played Wickenburg Ranch for the first time, the condition of this place really blew me away. Had a private club feel, greens were an 11+, fairways hardly had a divot. Better shape than I've ever seen Troon or We-Ko-Pa, and I have played those 40 or 50 times. I would say it's very close to Whisper Rock or Estancia conditioning, bunkers not as good, greens slightly slower, tees and fairways equal. Can't say enough good things about the condition, layout was a lot of fun too, wild elevation changes both up and downhill.

Played Southern Dunes as it's always been a favorite of mine. Pure as usual, Teeoff.com, $75 at 8am during the week after 20% off, can't beat that rate.

• Like 1

I'm playing Aguila at 7:04 on Saturday if anyone cares to join. I will be riding though as i have a nasty blister on my heel thanks to Adidas.

Driver: Sim2 with Ventus Blue 6x
FWY: Sim 2 Ti w/ TenseiAV Raw Blue 75x
Hybrid: PXG 0317x 17* with Fuji Pro 2.0 85x
Irons: PXG 0211ST w/KBS Tour X
54*: Titleist SM6 S grind black finish
58*: New Level Golf SPN Forged M Grind
Putter: Toulon San Diego

Played Wickenburg Ranch this morning with @thewral, @cbbaron and @DrSchteeve. Great to meet you guys btw, I had a lot of fun. Conditions were absolutely perfect imo. Maybe some bunkers could have had a little more sand, but tee boxes, fairways, and greens were all spot on. Finished in just under 4 hours so pace was good too.

Los Caballeros this afternoon with @thewral. Very different experience from Wickenburg and unlike anything else I have played in AZ but I liked it a lot. Tee boxes were decent, fairways were good, bunkers were good and the greens rolled smooth and fairly quick too. Overall a fun course in good condition.

Played Troon North Pinacle on Thursday.

Amazing experiece. Fairways were immaculate. Not a blade of grass out of place. Loved the graduated fringe areas. You can't call it rough really.

Greens had a bit of sand remaiing on them. But it was very minimal and didn't affect the roll or speed at all. Still were sneaky quick.

Titleist TSR 1 GD Di 5  Stiff

Titleist TSR 1  15 & 18* Adilia Speed Mesh R

Titleist TSR 1  21* Hybrid Kuro Kage R 
Titlesit T350 6-P 43 STeelFiber I80
Vokey
SM 46/54/58  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5.5 Flowback 35"