2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

Will Phil play the champions tour next year?

KRAMER1997

I see your excuses and raise you a "golf cart incident" - your move.

https://www.golfdige...lf-cart-lawsuit

Excuses? I would call them explanations

So she decided to stand on the back of a golf cart. You're not supposed to do that. Tim was merely a passenger as well; it sounds like he could also sue this Harbour guy if he wanted to.

If I received press for every mistake I've made while drunk and in a golf cart, well, I'd have a lot more press.

Uh, Sheriff FarIey. - What'd you find out?

On a hunch,... ..I took it upon myself to check if there was any information on two shirtless guys in a stolen or abandoned golf cart. This computer readout confirms that two men,... ..who fit the defendants' description were arrested two days ago... ..by Sheriff TiIman ... ..for driving a stolen |mint-green golf Pro Series golf cart with a white top,..with. ..MicheIin modeI XGV tyres, size 75R-14.

Is that it?

No…………..A bag of loose Enbrel pills and three bottles of Jack Daniels whiskey were found in their possession.

Sheriff FarIey, just to refresh the court's memory,... ..what type of alcohol was splashed in the golf cart?

Jack Daniels…………

The defense rests!

Dr. Block?

So she decided to stand on the back of a golf cart. You're not supposed to do that. Tim was merely a passenger as well; it sounds like he could also sue this Harbour guy if he wanted to.

If I received press for every mistake I've made while drunk and in a golf cart, well, I'd have a lot more press.

On a hunch,... ..I took it upon myself to check if there was any information on two shirtless guys in a stolen or abandoned golf cart. This computer readout confirms that two men,... ..who fit the defendants' description were arrested two days ago... ..by Sheriff TiIman ... ..for driving a stolen |mint-green golf Pro Series golf cart with a white top,..with. ..MicheIin modeI XGV tyres, size 75R-14.

Is that it?

No…………..A bag of loose Enbrel pills and three bottles of Jack Daniels whiskey were found in their possession.

Sheriff FarIey, just to refresh the court's memory,... ..what type of alcohol was splashed in the golf cart?

Jack Daniels…………

The defense rests!

Dr. Block?

Xanax and Adderrall pair much better with Jack Daniels :)

And did this golf cart in question have independent rear suspension?

I mean he did shoot a 60 yesterday...it was just Thursday no guarantees he will win but I honestly think in this day and age the Senior tour should start at 55.

I don't know about the Senior Tour at 55 (also agree this tour could easily become irrelevant in the future for the reasons stated). It still seems like most players lose significant competitiveness past the mid-40s? Can they still play and make cuts, and perhaps win a random tournament here and there? Yes, but Phil also won 1 time in a 5 year stretch (2014-2018). Maybe he could have / should have won the 2016 Open and at Pebble Beach that year and some others. Of course, he may win this week after starting with a 60.

Kenny Perry won 5 times age 47-48. Fred Funk won 3 times from age 48-50. Maybe Phil will truly extend the window and keep winning but he would be one of a few.

Re: He won the Match of the Century! What more do you want?

What really happened with Bones?

How much money was Phil given to "appear" at the graduation?

What happened with the insider trading?

When does his brother appear in court for the golf cart incident?

Can he really cook a grilled cheese?

The answer is: Falconry.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe he'll swim in both pools.

Pretty much my thought. The boss move would be to whittle down the schedule to only WGCs, high-profile events, and the respective majors of both tours. That would be hot. Imagine if he caught lightning in a bottle and won both the US Open and Senior US Open in the same year?! Ferguson's head would explode!

A bag of left-handed junk.
Driver: SIM Max 10.5 Blue Smoke RDX 6.5
Apex UW 19* Black Smoke RDX 6.5
4-PW: Callaway Prototype PX 6.5 LZ
60, 56, 52: Callaway Mack Daddy, KBS Tour S
Cameron Select Newport 2

Maybe he'll swim in both pools.

Pretty much my thought. The boss move would be to whittle down the schedule to only WGCs, high-profile events, and the respective majors of both tours. That would be hot. Imagine if he caught lightning in a bottle and won both the US Open and Senior US Open in the same year?! Ferguson's head would explode!

He’s not good enough to qualify for the WGCs playing a partial schedule.

At best, I think he plays senior majors. But eventually, I think he gets one of the lead analyst TV jobs. Way higher profile than playing the senior tour.

I'm a big fan of Phil, and hope he can win again.

But objectively, I kind of agree with Ferguson; either he's a sinking ship or he will be soon.

Yes, he shot 60 and got a T2 a week ago. But he's only been able to put it together for 4 rounds and win once in the last 5 years (maybe twice if you want to say he lost to a statistical anomaly at the 2016 Open), and he just blew another good chance to win two weeks ago. Any other pro 25-35 years old does this and no one would be talking about how great he looks / continued success and wins are certainly on the horizon.

He's been able to keep his game "competitive" (if top 50 in the world generally counts as that even if it is a drop off from his prior levels) longer than I would have guessed, as most guys have seen a sharp fall off in the mid-40s. I'm interested to see if he can keep it up over the full year by managing his schedule better, but fear a "cliff" is coming.

I was actually wondering if he'd skip the Players Championship (not a good course for him)? But since this tournament is not bracketed by other tournaments he seems to like/play, maybe he'll still give it a go.

I have to agree with Fergie that the gambling debt to a notorious Vegas character paid off via insider trading where the information came by way of blackmail is super sketchy.

If that had been a professional athlete from another sport (baseball, football, basketball) or a college basketball coach for instance - that drama would still be playing out.

Cobra driver
TMade 3 & hybrid
Titleist AP2 Irons (4-PW)
Vokey wedges
Cleveland putter
Srixon ball

Is that it?

Jack Daniels…………

The defense rests!

Dr. Block?

Xanax and Adderrall pair much better with Jack Daniels :)

And did this golf cart in question have independent rear suspension?

I don’t believe it was two men. I heard it was “two yoots.”

Two wHHHAt?

Wilson Fg Tour M3- Black Ops Black Mamba
Adams Tight Lies 3-16
Adams Tight Lies 5-19(Fuji Speeder 7.2)
Wilson FG Tour V4 Utility - 3
Wilson FG Tour M3 4-GW (Dynamic Gold XP)
Vokey SM 09 56
Odyssey Versa 1W WBW 34"

• 8 months later...

I think he will do what Jack did. Play very limited a few majors here and there as it fits his pga tour schedule. He is very competitive so as he ages if he stays healthy that may change. Jack didn’t seem to care much about the senior tour. But 8 of his 10 wins were majors. Jack found it hard to practice and play after his hip replacement and he just didn’t seem interested in playing in pain on the senior tour.

I hope so. Starting to think I could win on the CT.

Titleist Tsi3 9/Tensei White 65x

Titleist Tsi2 16.5/Tensei White 75x

Titleist 818 h2 21/Tensei White 95x

Mizuno Mp-20 mb 4-Pw/Dynamic Gold 120x

Mizuno T22 50, 54, 58/Dynamic Gold s400

Bettinardi Studio Stock #8

Titleist ProV1x

Wow I'm getting old when Phil is soon eligible for the Champion's Tour. IMO he will do very well on that Tour.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

Wow I'm getting old when Phil is soon eligible for the Champion's Tour. IMO he will do very well on that Tour.

Ping G425 Max 9* Venus Red TR 5 Stiff

Ping G410 5 Wood Aldila Rogue 130MSI 80 X

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood VA Composites Drago 65 Stiff

Ping G425 Max 9 wood Ventus Blus 7S

Ping G710 5-PW KBS Tour

Ping S159 50 54 58

Ping Anser 2

> @jamesroy35 said:

> I think he will do what Jack did. Play very limited a few majors here and there as it fits his pga tour schedule. He is very competitive so as he ages if he stays healthy that may change. Jack didn’t seem to care much about the senior tour. But 8 of his 10 wins were majors. Jack found it hard to practice and play after his hip replacement and he just didn’t seem interested in playing in pain on the senior tour.

I don't know Phil (and I don't know Tiger either), but....

I don't see either of those guys heading to the Champions Tour. They're too competitive.

Who wants to be best on a lesser tour? Some guys do - guys who haven't made enough money yet and guys who just can't think of any other way to spend their time.

The latter reason is a bit sad. All the opportunities in the world and you go play with the old farts????

We'll soon see with Phil, we've got a bit longer for Tiger. Thinking a bit more, I don't think Tiger will go there - either because his body can't do it, or he doesn't want to push it any more.

I can see him pitching up for the senior majors in the US, I can’t see him coming over to the UK to play in Senior Open.

Beyond that, he has more upside in his game left in him than other senior tour holdouts over the last few years like DLIII, Vijay and Stricker. Admittedly, the downside of his game would seem to be worse or at least more erratic than the aforementioned but that’s not going to stop him. He also stated that he wanted to get to 50 wins (never going to happen) but that will be enough to keep him out there trashing away at the driver.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

Phil will continue to play the regular tour in order to keep the focus on himself. It will be brought up at every tourney and he will keep insisting, "I can still compete with these guys." Then he'll try to prove it and fall on his face.

Bad decisions and bad judgments have defined his career.

Phil has been chasing an image his entire career when he should have been chasing new goals. Now, don't get me wrong, he has had a fantastic career and will finish at roughly 17th on the all-time best list. However, as for the reason for never achieving #1 - he was blinded by a bloated sense of self that resulted in multiple poor decisions at critical times, and that continues to this very day. The putting incident at the US Open a few years back comes to mind. Only a self-absorbed person would do such a thing. And nothing bugs me more when, during golf coverage of a different player while discussing the player's options for a tough shot, Bones references what Phil would do with the shot.

Then you look at a guy such as Viktor Hovland who conducted himself as a gentleman at the US Open. I am embarrassed for Phil sometimes. To me he has wasted a tremendous amount of time and expended a lot of energy trying too hard to live up to an image.

My guess is the senior US Open and British, since it’s the week after the Open.

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

> @Ferguson said:

> Phil will continue to play the regular tour in order to keep the focus on himself. It will be brought up at every tourney and he will keep insisting, "I can still compete with these guys." Then he'll try to prove it and fall on his face.

> Bad decisions and bad judgments have defined his career.

>

>

> Phil has been chasing an image his entire career when he should have been chasing new goals. Now, don't get me wrong, he has had a fantastic career and will finish at roughly 17th on the all-time best list. However, as for the reason for never achieving #1 - he was blinded by a bloated sense of self that resulted in multiple poor decisions at critical times, and that continues to this very day. The putting incident at the US Open a few years back comes to mind. Only a self-absorbed person would do such a thing. And nothing bugs me more when, during golf coverage of a different player while discussing the player's options for a tough shot, Bones references what Phil would do with the shot.

>

>

>

> Then you look at a guy such as Viktor Hovland who conducted himself as a gentleman at the US Open. I am embarrassed for Phil sometimes. To me he has wasted a tremendous amount of time and expended a lot of energy trying too hard to live up to an image.

All golfers at that level have an inflated sense of self. Some just hide it better then others

> @Ferguson said:

> Phil will continue to play the regular tour in order to keep the focus on himself. It will be brought up at every tourney and he will keep insisting, "I can still compete with these guys." Then he'll try to prove it and fall on his face.

> Bad decisions and bad judgments have defined his career.

>

>

> Phil has been chasing an image his entire career when he should have been chasing new goals. Now, don't get me wrong, he has had a fantastic career and will finish at roughly 17th on the all-time best list. However, as for the reason for never achieving #1 - he was blinded by a bloated sense of self that resulted in multiple poor decisions at critical times, and that continues to this very day. The putting incident at the US Open a few years back comes to mind. Only a self-absorbed person would do such a thing. And nothing bugs me more when, during golf coverage of a different player while discussing the player's options for a tough shot, Bones references what Phil would do with the shot.

>

>

>

> Then you look at a guy such as Viktor Hovland who conducted himself as a gentleman at the US Open. I am embarrassed for Phil sometimes. To me he has wasted a tremendous amount of time and expended a lot of energy trying too hard to live up to an image.

Cultivating that image (whether it is genuine or fake) can hardly be described as a waste of time. I’ve not seen his bank balance but his image has earned him an awful lot more money than his golf game has which is saying something when he has won $109 Million on the course.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023