2019 WGC Dell Technologies Match Play

Darth Putter

> @"deadsolid...shank" said:

> What does flagging a post do anyway?

I hate to quote my own post, but.......someone flagged my post asking about flagging!

So a mod has to review any flagged post? Well that’s worth spending their time on, reviewing a post that asked a question.

Same person has flagged my two most recent posts. Said person just joined and has zero posts.

Now he’s going in and disagreeing with my posts!

I think I have an official stalker!!?

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> Posters…

>

> I’ve just notice one of my responses to straightshot7 where I’ve quoted his OWN language back to him in the SIMILAR tone to that I initially received from straightshot7… but sadly I’ve noticed my responding post has already been flagged twice. 1 for Spam and 1 for Abuse. Really?

>

> So you when I simply quote someone’s OWN language and OWN tone of post back to them, supported with clear concise reasons & facts to my valid points, some of you go running and play the victim card and attempt to report it? Really?

>

> What type of character of people behave this way? I don’t mean to offend anyone with my posts, yes I can be quite passionate and strong minded, but if I FIRST receive a post in a harsh tone (that straighshot7 sent me), I will naturally respond in kind. Is there anything wrong with that? Or should I just just report him as Spam / Abuse first?

>

> If you don’t like my posts, then ignore them, but don’t post me back in a harsh condescending tone and then when I reply in kind you quickly run away crying foul. “Grow up” be a man and discuss our differences respectfully, treat others how you’d like to be treated and we’ll all get on a lot better.

>

> Cheers

I didn't read your reply and I didn't flag it.

But, can you acknowledge that every time you post it turns into a you vs. the rest of the forum argument?

It becomes no longer any fun or a discussion of the actual golf.

And it's always the same person in the center of it (cool runnings--great movie by the way). What does that tell you?

Let me understand this. Sergio assumes his 4 inch putt was good, because it’s understood those are always good, but he gets mad and slaps it past. Probably not the best look for Sergio but who cares, it was a 4 inch putt. Then Kuchar walks over to the official to tell him he never said it was good...and people are taking Kuchars side? Got it.

• Like 2

> @WidespreadPanic said:

> Let me understand this. Sergio assumes his 4 inch putt was good, because it’s understood those are always good, but he gets mad and slaps it past. Probably not the best look for Sergio but who cares, it was a 4 inch putt. Then Kuchar walks over to the official to tell him he never said it was good...and people are taking Kuchars side? Got it.

El Cheapo screwed over sergio there. He's a petty POS imo and this was a great example of that. All Kuchar had to say was it was good. It was a 6 inch putt. He's petty and cheap trash.

• Like 2

> @WidespreadPanic said:

> Let me understand this. Sergio assumes his 4 inch putt was good, because it’s understood those are always good, but he gets mad and slaps it past. Probably not the best look for Sergio but who cares, it was a 4 inch putt. Then Kuchar walks over to the official to tell him he never said it was good...and people are taking Kuchars side? Got it.

I'm not sure how much of that post is actually accurate. First it was probably a couple of feet and not 4 inches. Second there has been no report of Kuchar going to the official and saying he didn't concede and asking for the hole. What was obvious to anyone watching was that he didn't concede, as the announcers said and noticed immediately. He couldn't have conceded, Sergio gave him very little time to and didn't even look in his direction. So after Sergio missed the backhander everyone looked around not knowing what to do, and the official got involved. Kuchar said he didn't concede the putt but would have. The official gave the hole to Kuchar

I have read countless times here that golf is a game of honor and honesty. This was used many times to impeach Kuchar frankly in the tipping crisis of 2019. If Kuchar said he had conceded the putt it clearly would have been a lie, everyone immediately picked up that he didn't

• Like 2

Srixon ZX5 w/PX Hzrdus Red 60

Srixon ZX 15 w/PX Hzrdus Red 70

Tour Edge C723 21* w/PX hzrdus black 80

Titleist T150 4-AW w/PX LZ 6.0

Titleist Jet Black 54/60 with PX LZ 6.0

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

No probs, I wasn’t sure so I didn’t want to accuse. As I said in one of my other posts, I was initially “taken back” by all this Tiger push back and the gradual cheap shots and petty name calling and some abuse… and all because a fellow life long Tiger fan sees things differently (more brutally honest and down the line), but then I explained after a short time patterns of people, Tiger-fanatics, fans emerged and merged together. It’s clear now there are so many so called Tiger fans that aren’t even real golf fans, they just turn up, bash anyone that dares to say something non-positive about Tiger despite posts often being factually and rationally sound. That’s how many of these Tiger-types get their kicks on this forum. So am I surprised? no. Some people here are so emotionally attached to Tiger, nothing surprises me about the number of people who love to fight against my posts. A difference of opinion can be healthy, and I usually always try to present clear, concise logic and reasoning supported by strong factual evidence. But I rarely get that back, it’s usually the typical 14 / 80 line. Sure I can go overboard at times, I can see that, but then I also try to answer everyones posts with careful thought, but then I get blamed for “posting too much” when everyones contesting, asking questions in the first place. I can’t win. So I just post with brutal honesty and let the chips fall where they may. I do enjoy our tennis matches, and respect your opinion even if I don’t always agree with it. Apologies in advance if I ruffle your feathers in the future, I mean no harm, just passionate debate. A good evening to you.

> @straightshot7 said:

> > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > Posters…

> >

> > I’ve just notice one of my responses to straightshot7 where I’ve quoted his OWN language back to him in the SIMILAR tone to that I initially received from straightshot7… but sadly I’ve noticed my responding post has already been flagged twice. 1 for Spam and 1 for Abuse. Really?

> >

> > So you when I simply quote someone’s OWN language and OWN tone of post back to them, supported with clear concise reasons & facts to my valid points, some of you go running and play the victim card and attempt to report it? Really?

> >

> > What type of character of people behave this way? I don’t mean to offend anyone with my posts, yes I can be quite passionate and strong minded, but if I FIRST receive a post in a harsh tone (that straighshot7 sent me), I will naturally respond in kind. Is there anything wrong with that? Or should I just just report him as Spam / Abuse first?

> >

> > If you don’t like my posts, then ignore them, but don’t post me back in a harsh condescending tone and then when I reply in kind you quickly run away crying foul. “Grow up” be a man and discuss our differences respectfully, treat others how you’d like to be treated and we’ll all get on a lot better.

> >

> > Cheers

>

> I didn't read your reply and I didn't flag it.

> But, can you acknowledge that every time you post it turns into a you vs. the rest of the forum argument?

>

> It becomes no longer any fun or a discussion of the actual golf.

>

> And it's always the same person in the center of it (cool runnings--great movie by the way). What does that tell you?

> @MtlJeff said:

> > @WidespreadPanic said:

> > Let me understand this. Sergio assumes his 4 inch putt was good, because it’s understood those are always good, but he gets mad and slaps it past. Probably not the best look for Sergio but who cares, it was a 4 inch putt. Then Kuchar walks over to the official to tell him he never said it was good...and people are taking Kuchars side? Got it.

>

> I'm not sure how much of that post is actually accurate. First it was probably a couple of feet and not 4 inches. Second there has been no report of Kuchar going to the official and saying he didn't concede and asking for the hole. What was obvious to anyone watching was that he didn't concede, as the announcers said and noticed immediately. He couldn't have conceded, Sergio gave him very little time to and didn't even look in his direction. So after Sergio missed the backhander everyone looked around not knowing what to do, and the official got involved. Kuchar said he didn't concede the putt but would have. The official gave the hole to Kuchar

>

> I have read countless times here that golf is a game of honor and honesty. This was used many times to impeach Kuchar frankly in the tipping crisis of 2019. If Kuchar said he had conceded the putt it clearly would have been a lie, everyone immediately picked up that he didn't

If i were Kuchar i would have said it was conceded, since it was a 6 inch putt or less

> @Marco said:

> > @MtlJeff said:

> > > @WidespreadPanic said:

> > > Let me understand this. Sergio assumes his 4 inch putt was good, because it’s understood those are always good, but he gets mad and slaps it past. Probably not the best look for Sergio but who cares, it was a 4 inch putt. Then Kuchar walks over to the official to tell him he never said it was good...and people are taking Kuchars side? Got it.

> >

> > I'm not sure how much of that post is actually accurate. First it was probably a couple of feet and not 4 inches. Second there has been no report of Kuchar going to the official and saying he didn't concede and asking for the hole. What was obvious to anyone watching was that he didn't concede, as the announcers said and noticed immediately. He couldn't have conceded, Sergio gave him very little time to and didn't even look in his direction. So after Sergio missed the backhander everyone looked around not knowing what to do, and the official got involved. Kuchar said he didn't concede the putt but would have. The official gave the hole to Kuchar

> >

> > I have read countless times here that golf is a game of honor and honesty. This was used many times to impeach Kuchar frankly in the tipping crisis of 2019. If Kuchar said he had conceded the putt it clearly would have been a lie, everyone immediately picked up that he didn't

>

> If i were Kuchar i would have said it was conceded, since it was a 6 inch putt or less

He could've done that sure, but it was clear to anyone watching that he didn't so he'd be lying. There was video posted earlier in the thread the whole thing was a few seconds. Why can't Sergio just follow the rules of match play , why is Kuchar supposed to throw him a lifeline where he literally throws away a hole?

When Chris Webber called a timeout that Michigan didn't have in the Final 4, i wasn't expecting UNC players to run to the officials "no man he didn't say Timeout, let them keep the ball"....i mean your opponents gift you something it's not your responsibility to hand it back to them

Kuchar didn't do anything wrong, this is just residual hate for him over the caddy issue

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

I cant think of many other tour players that would request for the following hole to be conceded to him to make it even. Its embarrassing to even think a guy would do that on this stage. Sergio was held accountable for being a hot headed spaniard, end of story. Kuchar whatever you think of him didn't have time to concede put. Actually I could see Phil trying to make a deal like that.

> @MtlJeff said:

> > @Marco said:

> > > @MtlJeff said:

> > > > @WidespreadPanic said:

> > > > Let me understand this. Sergio assumes his 4 inch putt was good, because it’s understood those are always good, but he gets mad and slaps it past. Probably not the best look for Sergio but who cares, it was a 4 inch putt. Then Kuchar walks over to the official to tell him he never said it was good...and people are taking Kuchars side? Got it.

> > >

> > > I'm not sure how much of that post is actually accurate. First it was probably a couple of feet and not 4 inches. Second there has been no report of Kuchar going to the official and saying he didn't concede and asking for the hole. What was obvious to anyone watching was that he didn't concede, as the announcers said and noticed immediately. He couldn't have conceded, Sergio gave him very little time to and didn't even look in his direction. So after Sergio missed the backhander everyone looked around not knowing what to do, and the official got involved. Kuchar said he didn't concede the putt but would have. The official gave the hole to Kuchar

> > >

> > > I have read countless times here that golf is a game of honor and honesty. This was used many times to impeach Kuchar frankly in the tipping crisis of 2019. If Kuchar said he had conceded the putt it clearly would have been a lie, everyone immediately picked up that he didn't

> >

> > If i were Kuchar i would have said it was conceded, since it was a 6 inch putt or less

>

> He could've done that sure, but it was clear to anyone watching that he didn't so he'd be lying. There was video posted earlier in the thread the whole thing was a few seconds. Why can't Sergio just follow the rules of match play , why is Kuchar supposed to throw him a lifeline where he literally throws away a hole?

>

> When Chris Webber called a timeout that Michigan didn't have in the Final 4, i wasn't expecting UNC players to run to the officials "no man he didn't say Timeout, let them keep the ball"....i mean your opponents gift you something it's not your responsibility to hand it back to them

>

> Kuchar didn't do anything wrong, this is just residual hate for him over the caddy issue

agree ... in the heat of the moment, kuchar resorted to the simple truth ... i didn't, but would have ...

> @gatorMD said:

> > @WidespreadPanic said:

> > Let me understand this. Sergio assumes his 4 inch putt was good, because it’s understood those are always good, but he gets mad and slaps it past. Probably not the best look for Sergio but who cares, it was a 4 inch putt. Then Kuchar walks over to the official to tell him he never said it was good...and people are taking Kuchars side? Got it.

>

> El Cheapo screwed over sergio there. He's a petty POS imo and this was a great example of that. All Kuchar had to say was it was good. It was a 6 inch putt. He's petty and cheap trash.

maybe but in this case he was an innocent bystander to Sergios tantrum. One of many this year.

> @Pent08 said:

> So Sergio had a 4" putt that was a mere formality. Then Kuchar, made aware of what just happened, tries to retroactively concede the putt, but is told no? Is that what happened? Who made the initial determination that Sergio loses the hole and why? Why not just ask Kuchar if the 4" putt was conceded?

It wasn't 4 inches, it was more than that. Sergio rushed up to it, backhanded and missed without even looking in kuchar's direction. It was obvious it hadn't been conceded. Official got involved, asked Kuchar if he conceded the putt, his response apparently was " no but I would have"

Official awards hole to Kuchar

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

> @"Cool Runnings" said:

> No probs, I wasn’t sure so I didn’t want to accuse. As I said in one of my other posts, I was initially “taken back” by all this Tiger push back and the gradual cheap shots and petty name calling and some abuse… and all because a fellow life long Tiger fan sees things differently (more brutally honest and down the line), but then I explained after a short time patterns of people, Tiger-fanatics, fans emerged and merged together. It’s clear now there are so many so called Tiger fans that aren’t even real golf fans, they just turn up, bash anyone that dares to say something non-positive about Tiger despite posts often being factually and rationally sound. That’s how many of these Tiger-types get their kicks on this forum. So am I surprised? no. Some people here are so emotionally attached to Tiger, nothing surprises me about the number of people who love to fight against my posts. A difference of opinion can be healthy, and I usually always try to present clear, concise logic and reasoning supported by strong factual evidence. But I rarely get that back, it’s usually the typical 14 / 80 line. Sure I can go overboard at times, I can see that, but then I also try to answer everyones posts with careful thought, but then I get blamed for “posting too much” when everyones contesting, asking questions in the first place. I can’t win. So I just post with brutal honesty and let the chips fall where they may. I do enjoy our tennis matches, and respect your opinion even if I don’t always agree with it. Apologies in advance if I ruffle your feathers in the future, I mean no harm, just passionate debate. A good evening to you.

>

> > @straightshot7 said:

> > > @"Cool Runnings" said:

> > > Posters…

> > >

> > > I’ve just notice one of my responses to straightshot7 where I’ve quoted his OWN language back to him in the SIMILAR tone to that I initially received from straightshot7… but sadly I’ve noticed my responding post has already been flagged twice. 1 for Spam and 1 for Abuse. Really?

> > >

> > > So you when I simply quote someone’s OWN language and OWN tone of post back to them, supported with clear concise reasons & facts to my valid points, some of you go running and play the victim card and attempt to report it? Really?

> > >

> > > What type of character of people behave this way? I don’t mean to offend anyone with my posts, yes I can be quite passionate and strong minded, but if I FIRST receive a post in a harsh tone (that straighshot7 sent me), I will naturally respond in kind. Is there anything wrong with that? Or should I just just report him as Spam / Abuse first?

> > >

> > > If you don’t like my posts, then ignore them, but don’t post me back in a harsh condescending tone and then when I reply in kind you quickly run away crying foul. “Grow up” be a man and discuss our differences respectfully, treat others how you’d like to be treated and we’ll all get on a lot better.

> > >

> > > Cheers

> >

> > I didn't read your reply and I didn't flag it.

> > But, can you acknowledge that every time you post it turns into a you vs. the rest of the forum argument?

> >

> > It becomes no longer any fun or a discussion of the actual golf.

> >

> > And it's always the same person in the center of it (cool runnings--great movie by the way). What does that tell you?

>

>

No worries, sounds good. It's honestly entertaining.

But, there are many people on this forum who don't like Tiger and they openly root against him, and they don't end up in long debates with people.

I think it may have to do with the fact that you say inflammatory things and then you defend them to death no matter how ridiculous they may be. E.g. Focusing only on Tiger's ball supposedly "being blocked from going OB by the crowd" and Rory only losing because of one strong gust of wind ?

These seem like the positions of someone who's intentionally trying to be controversial and incite response.

> @MtlJeff said:

> > @Pent08 said:

> > So Sergio had a 4" putt that was a mere formality. Then Kuchar, made aware of what just happened, tries to retroactively concede the putt, but is told no? Is that what happened? Who made the initial determination that Sergio loses the hole and why? Why not just ask Kuchar if the 4" putt was conceded?

>

> It wasn't 4 inches, it was more than that. Sergio rushed up to it, backhanded and missed without even looking in kuchar's direction. It was obvious it hadn't been conceded. Official got involved, asked Kuchar if he conceded the putt, his response apparently was " no but I would have"

>

> Official awards hole to Kuchar

Watch the footage, it was quite literally 4". He got screwed by gamesmanship, end of story. Some people want to win games with 14 clubs, Kuchar clearly wanted a 15th.

• Like 1

> @WidespreadPanic said:

Here’s the thing, by rule, a putt may be conceded but it must be done before the next stroke is taken. It wasn’t and both players knew it. If neither of you say anything, you’ve essentially agreed to waive a rule and, unless you’re both willing to lie to an official if asked about it, you could both be DQ’d.

Maybe I’m wrong in my interpretation, but if I’m Kuchar, I’m not risking it to save Sergio from his own stupidity.

• Like 4

Driver: TaylorMade Sim2 Max - 10.5*
Fairway: Callaway Epic Max - 15*, 21*, 25*

Hybrid:  Ping G425 30*
Irons: TaylorMade Stealth 7-AW
Wedges: PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 56* 

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy II 62*
Putter:  Directed Force 2.1
Ball:  Callaway Chrome Soft

> @Pent08 said:

>

> > @MtlJeff said:

> > > @Pent08 said:

> > > So Sergio had a 4" putt that was a mere formality. Then Kuchar, made aware of what just happened, tries to retroactively concede the putt, but is told no? Is that what happened? Who made the initial determination that Sergio loses the hole and why? Why not just ask Kuchar if the 4" putt was conceded?

> >

> > It wasn't 4 inches, it was more than that. Sergio rushed up to it, backhanded and missed without even looking in kuchar's direction. It was obvious it hadn't been conceded. Official got involved, asked Kuchar if he conceded the putt, his response apparently was " no but I would have"

> >

> > Official awards hole to Kuchar

> Watch the footage, it was quite literally 4". He got screwed by gamesmanship, end of story. Some people want to win games with 14 clubs, Kuchar clearly wanted a 15th.

I just rewatched, it was shorter than a couple of feet for sure so I remembered that part wrong. Maybe 8-12 inches. So my bad. Still the notion that Kuchar screwed or gamed anyone is just nuts. You can watch the video too, was Matt supposed to go tackle him before he putted it?

Sergio did something incredibly dumb and doesn't deserve to be bailed out by a competitor. And I LIKE Sergio. If this was anyone other than Kuchar, there would be no one accusing him of any wrongdoing or anything malicious. Because there clearly wasn't.

• Like 1

Deschamps Crisp Antique 

How is that Kuchar’s fault??? Sergio walked up and immediately attempted to tap it in and missed. He never looked up or gestures to Kuchar. That is not on Kuchar. If you want to call that gamesmanship and that’s a bad thing, then Sergio’s mentor Seve is the worst because that’s all he did.

Titleist TSR3 9.25* Tensei 1K Black 65S 45.75"
Titleist TSR2 16.5 Tensei 1K Black 75S 43.25"
Titleist TSR3 19* Tensei 1K Black 75S 42.75" 
Titleist TSR3 3H 19* Tensei 1kB Black 85s 40.5"
Fourteen TC 920 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Fourteen DJ-4 48* Project X IO 6.0
Fourteen DJ-5 54* Project X IO 6.0

Fourteen DJ-4 58* Project X IO 6.0
2023 Odyssey Jailbird MH 39"  
2023 Vice Pro Lime

> @MtlJeff said:

> > @cardoustie said:

> > > @MtlJeff said:

> > > > @cardoustie said:

> > > > I can't believe u guys are siding w Kuch. Kuch went to the official and said he didn't give Sergio a 2" putt. Please. Putts that length are always implied to be good

> > > > Kuch making a cheap play to win a hole. No surprise. Dislike this guy even more

> > > > There was an uproar in the Solheim Cup on a 18" putt

> > > >

> > >

> > > Did you watch it live? Garcia walked after his putt , didn't even look at Kuchar, backhanded it and missed. This all happened in like 2-3 seconds. It's pretty widely reported that Kuchar told the official he would have given Garcia the putt . I have not heard that Kuchar went to the official to ask for the hole. It seemed live like they didn't know what to do because no one heard a concession. Even the announcers picked up on it right away and the official made a ruling, where apparently Kuchar said he was going to give him the putt but it happened fast

> > >

> > > I mean it can be loud , etc...you gotta make eye contact or something. It's not on Kuchar to run and tackle Garcia so he doesn't putt it

> >

> > Would you insist on saying " it's good " to win a hole on a 2" putt? I would never do that to an opponent

> > Yes, I watched it

> >

> >

>

> Yes that's the rule. The problem was everyone saw that there was no concession, the announcers mentioned it pretty much right away, there couldn't have been because Sergio didn't even look up.

>

> Im a Sergio fan , but it can't be on Kuchar to lie here. If anything it's disrespect to Kuch for Garcia to just assume it's given and not even look at him

>

> I did not see Kuchar run to an official to complain and ask for the hole. But maybe I missed that. What they said was that he said to the official he didn't give him the putt but would have. That seemed to be obvious watching it, as mentioned the announcers questioned it right away. I don't think it's kuchar's responsibility to lie to help an opponent

It was a only a 4 inch putt ... watch the video Jeff

It is incredible that the PGA tour is putting out a tweet to defend Kuch .. hmmmm ...and all of the commentators today went out of their way to do the same. A US media joke and so glaringly obvious and one sided

Explain to me why Suzanne Peterson was vilified at the Solheim Cup for walking away and not giving Lee an 18" putt that Lee was saying she assumed was good (SP was wrong and even Laura Davies and Suzanne's partner Charley Hull agreed). So SP played dirty but Kuch didn't ... wow

Yet here we have Kuch quickly approaching the official and saying hey I didn't concede the putt. A putt of no questionable length. 4". THIS IS THE PROBLEM.

Am I the only sane person? He didn't need to do that, that's a pathetic thing to do. The rules guy says he did this in the embedded video and the walking commentator (Bones I think) said the same thing when it happened. I'm not talking about the rules being applied after Kuch turned into a brat / tattletale ... I'm talking about Kuch being WAY less than gentlemanly.

His aw shucks golly gee persona is a total sham

• Like 2

Ping G430 10k 10.5* Diamana ZF 60x

Cally AI Smoke TD 3w 17* Ventus Black 5x

Ping G400 7w 19.5* Ventus Red 6x

Ping G425 4h 22* Fuji TourSpec 8.2s

Ping i210 & s55 6 - PW Steelfiber 110s

Ping Glide Wrx 49*, 54*, 59*, Tour W 64* SF 125s

Scotty GoLo