> Cmon, man. You photoshopped those. This is what you really saw

>

> vf53obrkc2e9.png

>

>

>

I can only imagine the search terms you had to use to find that photo. :D

• Like 1

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

One being ProActive, whomever is working the hole needs to identify possible culprits 1 and often. Then nip in the bud before said behaviour starts. A good warning as you stand in front of them as players arrive often works. Being imposing and proper body language also sets the tone.

However, one of most crowd respected marshall was a 5' nothing little lady w/ a good voice (not nessarily loud) who said the right thing at the right time.

a Cobra KingLtd 9* Black Smoke 6.5 45"
b Ping g400 9* SpeederPro TSx84 45"
c TM 17M1 460 9.5* Matrix BlackTie X 45"

Titleist TS2 15* Hzrdus Green S 1"tip
Cobra BafflerPro19* SpeederProS .5"tip
Cobra Baffler RailH23* SpeederProS

a Callaway Apex 5-pw ProjectX 6.0 +.5"
b Callaway x20 Tour 5-pw ProjectX 6.0 +.5"
Vokey Sm7 raw aw51*, sw56*, lw60*
Cameron FuturaX SuperStroke Fatso5.0

> @aabcuue said:

> One being ProActive, whomever is working the hole needs to identify possible culprits 1 and often. Then nip in the bud before said behaviour starts. A good warning as you stand in front of them as players arrive often works. Being imposing and proper body language also sets the tone.

...have you ever been to NY? there's cops everywhere. every corner. unless you're doing something illegal -- you can be as much an arse as you want and they aren't gonna care.

'standing in front of them as players arrive' ain't gonna do nothin -- i had to laugh at *imposing*...lol

• Like 1

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @aabcuue said:

> > One being ProActive, whomever is working the hole needs to identify possible culprits 1 and often. Then nip in the bud before said behaviour starts. A good warning as you stand in front of them as players arrive often works. Being imposing and proper body language also sets the tone.

>

> ...have you ever been to NY? there's cops everywhere. every corner. unless you're doing something illegal -- you can be as much an **** as you want and they aren't gonna care.

>

> 'standing in front of them as players arrive' ain't gonna do nothin

I was a Federal agent for thirty years and augmented at many sporting venues, from MLB All Star Games to Super Bowls, and I can tell you, Law Enforcement Officers are not there to police obnoxiousness. We were there to make sure people didn’t get hurt, athletes didn’t get hurt, and criminal acts were not committed. We were not there to monitor fans alcoholic intake or profanity, that was for the venues internal security to deal with.

• Like 1

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

This is where ZERO tolerance needs to be enforced at these events

Little boisterous comments should be made knowing a risk is being taken and one could be removed from the event based on any officials discretion or the perceived reaction of the golfer being addressed

Golf is unlike other sports so the fans behaviour needs to mesh well with that to be part of the experience (or removed)

Yeah, golf IS a sport but it’s not adrenaline filled and as reactive as other sports. EVERY shot requires focus and there’s little margin for error

• Like 1

> @ToolManSam said:

> This is where ZERO tolerance needs to be enforced at these events

> Little boisterous comments should be made knowing a risk is being taken and one could be removed from the event based on any officials discretion or the perceived reaction of the golfer being addressed

> Golf is unlike other sports so the fans behaviour needs to mesh well with that to be part of the experience (or removed)

> Yeah, golf IS a sport but it’s not adrenaline filled and as reactive as other sports. EVERY shot requires focus and there’s little margin for error

I agree 200%, but I’m telling you, this is not a law enforcement function as some are suggesting.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)

> @bscinstnct said:

>

>

> https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/christinebrennan/2019/05/18/pga-championship-bethpage-black-fans/3724698002/

>

> Opinion: PGA's raucous crowds at Bethpage Black far more fun than prim, proper Augusta

>

> Cheering a bad shot in golf? Oh, the horror. Golfers are so sheltered from big-time sports reality that they often have trouble dealing with one pithy comment and demand the perpetrator’s ejection. Someday these pampered souls should try wearing a Michigan jersey in Columbus for an hour or so.

>

> Then there was the moment Saturday when Daniel Berger teed off and some goofball screamed, “Burgers for all!”

>

> Of course there was laughter. Everyone smiled. Can you imagine, happiness of this magnitude at a sporting event?

>

> Most people in and around the game of golf probably prefer Augusta National’s sterile ways to the laissez-faire approach here this week. Not me. These New York crowds are having a ball, and their fun is infectious. They are enjoying the sunshine on a public golf course in the middle of a state park. There are little kids everywhere. Compare and contrast to the history of very private Augusta National, which until seven years ago didn’t allow women to be members.

>

> Koepka, who has slapped palms with hundreds of New Yorkers going hole to hole this week, told CBS Saturday afternoon that he loves the atmosphere at Bethpage Black. **“It feels," he said, "like a real sporting event.”**

I would expect nothing less from Christine Brennan & the piece of trash newspaper she writes for...

• Like 2

> @ToolManSam said:

> This is where ZERO tolerance needs to be enforced at these events

> Little boisterous comments should be made knowing a risk is being taken and one could be removed from the event based on any officials discretion or the perceived reaction of the golfer being addressed

> Golf is unlike other sports so the fans behaviour needs to mesh well with that to be part of the experience (or removed)

> Yeah, golf IS a sport but it’s not adrenaline filled and as reactive as other sports. EVERY shot requires focus and there’s little margin for error

zero tolerance? ok, i'll be devil's advocate here.

zero tolerance to comments of what nature? race (this should be a given, however it's not)? clothing? tying of shoelaces? names (joking or otherwise)?

...slippery slope and zero tolerance doesn't and can't exist. there's too many that do it at these large events to police it. you literally could not have enough cops in a given place to remove the jackos, maintain vigilance and monitor proceedings.

how bout we all share the message of growing up and acting appropriately -- it doesn't matter what you do; there will always be those who do 'what they gon do'...

if you don't act that way...you got nothin to worry about...do you?

***Please note i'm not advocating anyone to act like a moron b/c there's not enough police to get rid of everyone, on the contrary -- i'm asking those of you who attend to spread the GOOD...not the bad. FWIW, i did nothing but cheer on guys all day yesterday; no jeers or boos, just support.

• Like 1

Qi10 LS / 8* (dialed to 8.75*) / HZRDUS Smoke Green 60 6.5

Qi10 Tour / 3w / Denali Blue 70TX

Mizuno Pro 24 Fli-Hi / 3i / Tensei Pro White 100TX
Mizuno Pro 245 / 4-GW / KBS Tour X

SM9 Black / 54,58 / KBS Tour S+

SC Phantom 5.5 (2024) 35”

Jailbird AI Cruiser 40"

> @jonsnow said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> >

> >

> > https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/christinebrennan/2019/05/18/pga-championship-bethpage-black-fans/3724698002/

> >

> > Opinion: PGA's raucous crowds at Bethpage Black far more fun than prim, proper Augusta

> >

> > Cheering a bad shot in golf? Oh, the horror. Golfers are so sheltered from big-time sports reality that they often have trouble dealing with one pithy comment and demand the perpetrator’s ejection. Someday these pampered souls should try wearing a Michigan jersey in Columbus for an hour or so.

> >

> > Then there was the moment Saturday when Daniel Berger teed off and some goofball screamed, “Burgers for all!”

> >

> > Of course there was laughter. Everyone smiled. Can you imagine, happiness of this magnitude at a sporting event?

> >

> > Most people in and around the game of golf probably prefer Augusta National’s sterile ways to the laissez-faire approach here this week. Not me. These New York crowds are having a ball, and their fun is infectious. They are enjoying the sunshine on a public golf course in the middle of a state park. There are little kids everywhere. Compare and contrast to the history of very private Augusta National, which until seven years ago didn’t allow women to be members.

> >

> > Koepka, who has slapped palms with hundreds of New Yorkers going hole to hole this week, told CBS Saturday afternoon that he loves the atmosphere at Bethpage Black. **“It feels," he said, "like a real sporting event.”**

>

> I would expect nothing less from Christine Brennan & the piece of trash newspaper she writes for...

Speaking of bad writing.

You see the GoT finale? I thought I was watching an SNL skit.

Maybe that's' why you mad, I know I am ; )

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @ToolManSam said:

> > This is where ZERO tolerance needs to be enforced at these events

> > Little boisterous comments should be made knowing a risk is being taken and one could be removed from the event based on any officials discretion or the perceived reaction of the golfer being addressed

> > Golf is unlike other sports so the fans behaviour needs to mesh well with that to be part of the experience (or removed)

> > Yeah, golf IS a sport but it’s not adrenaline filled and as reactive as other sports. EVERY shot requires focus and there’s little margin for error

>

> zero tolerance? ok, i'll be devil's advocate here.

>

> zero tolerance to comments of what nature? race (this should be a given, however it's not)? clothing? tying of shoelaces? names (joking or otherwise)?

>

> ...slippery slope and zero tolerance doesn't and can't exist. there's too many that do it at these large events to police it. you literally could not have enough cops in a given place to remove the jackos, maintain vigilance and monitor proceedings.

>

> how bout we all share the message of growing up and acting appropriately -- it doesn't matter what you do; there will always be those who do 'what they gon do'...

>

> if you don't act that way...you got nothin to worry about...do you?

>

> ***Please note i'm not advocating anyone to act like a moron b/c there's not enough police to get rid of everyone, on the contrary -- i'm asking those of you who attend to spread the GOOD...not the bad. FWIW, i did nothing but cheer on guys all day yesterday; no jeers or boos, just support.

You are correct, zero tolerance is impossible to enforce, but I understand what the gent meant. Like I said before, the police is not there to deal with drunks and obnoxious people and they won’t.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @jonsnow said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > >

> > >

> > > https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/christinebrennan/2019/05/18/pga-championship-bethpage-black-fans/3724698002/

> > >

> > > Opinion: PGA's raucous crowds at Bethpage Black far more fun than prim, proper Augusta

> > >

> > > Cheering a bad shot in golf? Oh, the horror. Golfers are so sheltered from big-time sports reality that they often have trouble dealing with one pithy comment and demand the perpetrator’s ejection. Someday these pampered souls should try wearing a Michigan jersey in Columbus for an hour or so.

> > >

> > > Then there was the moment Saturday when Daniel Berger teed off and some goofball screamed, “Burgers for all!”

> > >

> > > Of course there was laughter. Everyone smiled. Can you imagine, happiness of this magnitude at a sporting event?

> > >

> > > Most people in and around the game of golf probably prefer Augusta National’s sterile ways to the laissez-faire approach here this week. Not me. These New York crowds are having a ball, and their fun is infectious. They are enjoying the sunshine on a public golf course in the middle of a state park. There are little kids everywhere. Compare and contrast to the history of very private Augusta National, which until seven years ago didn’t allow women to be members.

> > >

> > > Koepka, who has slapped palms with hundreds of New Yorkers going hole to hole this week, told CBS Saturday afternoon that he loves the atmosphere at Bethpage Black. **“It feels," he said, "like a real sporting event.”**

> >

> > I would expect nothing less from Christine Brennan & the piece of trash newspaper she writes for...

>

> Speaking of bad writing.

>

> You see the GoT finale? I thought I was watching an SNL skit.

>

> Maybe that's' why you mad, I know I am ; )

"My watch has now ended"

>

>

• Like 1

> @gioguy21 said:

> > @new2g0lf said:

> > > @Roadking2003 said:

> > > > @new2g0lf said:

> > > > You're delusional if you think people around drunk loudmouths are going to tell them to knock it off (unless they are drunk too). Most are not going to risk getting into a physical altercation or getting thrown out of the venue to do the job the security and the police are there to do. **The easiest way to get people to behave appropriately is to ban alcohol on the premises, but they make a ton of money selling beer so that's not likely going to happen. **

> > > I don't agree. You can buy beer at the Masters and they have no fan problems. Obnoxious idiots are obnoxious idiots with or without alcohol.

> > >

> >

> > The Master is a completely different venue and situation. You have to win a lottery just to get a ticket, you know going in there is zero tolerance for poor behavior. The entire culture around the event is different from every other golf tournament.

>

> completely agree. i've been to a masters and was there yesterday -- two VERY different animals.

>

> perfect example -- after Koepka teed off on 18...literally everyone rushed under the lines and came down the tee boxes to try and rush the fairway. that did NOT happen and would not happen at the Masters; simply due to the culture and level of tolerance that is there.

>

> at the masters if you have too much to drink you're 'guided' to the exits.

Except in 1997 when it happened at Augusta.

Ping G 10.5 Tour 65s
Ping G 14.5 Tour 80x
Titleist 716 T-MB 3 Iron AD DI 95x
Ping Anser Forged Project X 6.0
Ping Glide 50*SS, 54*SS, 58*SS Project X 6.0
Odyssey Versa 2-Ball

> @manku said:

> If anyone wants to attend a sleepy well behaved tournament, come out to Riviera next February....it is very mellow. And very dull.

> NY crowds don't bother me...probably because I spent my first 25 years in the city.

I prefer to have the excitement provided by the players rather than the crowd. I've been to several Masters and none of them were "very dull".

• Like 2

The tournament's over and I'm still waiting for the PLAYERS to weigh in on this "controversy." As far as I can tell, only two have said anything. Harold Varner said he didn't like a few fans calling Brooks a choker, and I agree with Harold. Then again, Brooks was right there, heard it and said it fired him up. Remember, this same thing happened at the U.S. Open in 1986 at Shinnecock and Greg Norman went over the ropes and challenged the guy to a fight. He let it get to him. Looking back, it was a foreshadowing of the internal demons that would haunt Norman in all the majors.

Only other guy who said anything remotely negative was McIlroy who was asked if Bethpage was a good place for the Ryder Cup. "No comment" was his reply. As a U.S. supporter I'll interpret that as an endorsement of Bethpage, since it makes his side uncomfortable.

> @NoodleSalad said:

> The tournament's over and I'm still waiting for the PLAYERS to weigh in on this "controversy." As far as I can tell, only two have said anything. Harold Varner said he didn't like a few fans calling Brooks a choker, and I agree with Harold. Then again, Brooks was right there, heard it and said it fired him up. Remember, this same thing happened at the U.S. Open in 1986 at Shinnecock and Greg Norman went over the ropes and challenged the guy to a fight. He let it get to him. Looking back, it was a foreshadowing of the internal demons that would haunt Norman in all the majors.

>

> Only other guy who said anything remotely negative was McIlroy who was asked if Bethpage was a good place for the Ryder Cup. "No comment" was his reply. As a U.S. supporter I'll interpret that as an endorsement of Bethpage, since it makes his side uncomfortable.

What would you like the players to say?

My follow up question is what would happen if he spoke negatively of the crowds and came back for another event?

> @buckeyefl said:

> > @NoodleSalad said:

> > The tournament's over and I'm still waiting for the PLAYERS to weigh in on this "controversy." As far as I can tell, only two have said anything. Harold Varner said he didn't like a few fans calling Brooks a choker, and I agree with Harold. Then again, Brooks was right there, heard it and said it fired him up. Remember, this same thing happened at the U.S. Open in 1986 at Shinnecock and Greg Norman went over the ropes and challenged the guy to a fight. He let it get to him. Looking back, it was a foreshadowing of the internal demons that would haunt Norman in all the majors.

> >

> > Only other guy who said anything remotely negative was McIlroy who was asked if Bethpage was a good place for the Ryder Cup. "No comment" was his reply. As a U.S. supporter I'll interpret that as an endorsement of Bethpage, since it makes his side uncomfortable.

>

> What would you like the players to say?

>

> My follow up question is what would happen if he spoke negatively of the crowds and came back for another event?

>

>

Some of these guys make 10, 20 or 50MM (cough, Rory) or more a year.

They fly in 1st class or on a private jet.

Stay in a mansion. With a chef.

Go and play golf.

(They dont get their head bashed in going over the middle for a 1st down)

And they (cough, Rory) gonna whine because some fans are loud.

No wonder BK eatin their lunch ; )

• Like 1

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @buckeyefl said:

> > > @NoodleSalad said:

> > > The tournament's over and I'm still waiting for the PLAYERS to weigh in on this "controversy." As far as I can tell, only two have said anything. Harold Varner said he didn't like a few fans calling Brooks a choker, and I agree with Harold. Then again, Brooks was right there, heard it and said it fired him up. Remember, this same thing happened at the U.S. Open in 1986 at Shinnecock and Greg Norman went over the ropes and challenged the guy to a fight. He let it get to him. Looking back, it was a foreshadowing of the internal demons that would haunt Norman in all the majors.

> > >

> > > Only other guy who said anything remotely negative was McIlroy who was asked if Bethpage was a good place for the Ryder Cup. "No comment" was his reply. As a U.S. supporter I'll interpret that as an endorsement of Bethpage, since it makes his side uncomfortable.

> >

> > What would you like the players to say?

> >

> > My follow up question is what would happen if he spoke negatively of the crowds and came back for another event?

> >

> >

>

> Some of these guys make 10, 20 or 50MM (cough, Rory) or more a year.

>

> They fly in 1st class or on a private jet.

>

> Stay in a mansion. With a chef.

>

> Go and play golf.

> (They dont get their head bashed in going over the middle for a 1st down)

>

> And they (cough, Rory) gonna whine because some fans are loud.

>

> No wonder BK eatin their lunch ; )

I must have missed your answer. Was it tucked in there somewhere amongst all of those things that have nothing to do with why players don't come out against these "fans"?

> @buckeyefl said:

> This will help those that don't get it.

> https://nypost.com/2019/05/04/matured-sergio-garcia-will-be-put-to-test-in-bethpage-black-return/

Did a flock of drunks heckle sergio this week?

I actually saw him tee off once.

Was quiet as a church

This also serves as an answer to your question. Nobody cares what Rory says. He never even contended remotely.

The Ryder Cup will be totally out of control in five years. I think it actually has the possibility of escalating to a “Malice In the Palace” type of situation.

In the Hoofer

Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke 🔹🔹🔹 10.5° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 6-X
TaylorMade Stealth Plus 15° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7-X
TaylorMade SIM2 Ti 19° | Fujikura Ventus Blue 7-X

Mizuno Pro 225 4i | UST Mamiya Recoil Prototype Utility 110F5

Mizuno Pro 223 5i, Pro 221 6-PW | Project X Rifle 6.0

Titleist Vokey SM9 52°, 56°, 60° | Project X Rifle 6.0

Piretti Teramo Oil Can
Titleist ProV1

> @buckeyefl said:

> This will help those that don't get it.

> https://nypost.com/2019/05/04/matured-sergio-garcia-will-be-put-to-test-in-bethpage-black-return/

"Your girlfriend has more majors than you" is a well done, tasteful jab. Sometimes having a sense of humor helps....kind of like when Tiger came face to face with the dude that had his mug shot on his Tshirt the other week.

Also are you sure in the quest to keep the game pure and holy, that Sergio is the dude you want to be tossing out as an example to "help those that dont get it"?

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

> @jonsnow said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> >

> >

> > https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/christinebrennan/2019/05/18/pga-championship-bethpage-black-fans/3724698002/

> >

> > Opinion: PGA's raucous crowds at Bethpage Black far more fun than prim, proper Augusta

> >

> > Cheering a bad shot in golf? Oh, the horror. Golfers are so sheltered from big-time sports reality that they often have trouble dealing with one pithy comment and demand the perpetrator’s ejection. Someday these pampered souls should try wearing a Michigan jersey in Columbus for an hour or so.

> >

> > Then there was the moment Saturday when Daniel Berger teed off and some goofball screamed, “Burgers for all!”

> >

> > Of course there was laughter. Everyone smiled. Can you imagine, happiness of this magnitude at a sporting event?

> >

> > Most people in and around the game of golf probably prefer Augusta National’s sterile ways to the laissez-faire approach here this week. Not me. These New York crowds are having a ball, and their fun is infectious. They are enjoying the sunshine on a public golf course in the middle of a state park. There are little kids everywhere. Compare and contrast to the history of very private Augusta National, which until seven years ago didn’t allow women to be members.

> >

> > Koepka, who has slapped palms with hundreds of New Yorkers going hole to hole this week, told CBS Saturday afternoon that he loves the atmosphere at Bethpage Black. **“It feels," he said, "like a real sporting event.”**

>

> I would expect nothing less from Christine Brennan & the piece of trash newspaper she writes for...

Christine Brennan is a piece of trash herself so her and that "newspaper" are perfect for one another.

• Like 1

> @ilikegolf26 said:

> > @jonsnow said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > >

> > >

> > > https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/christinebrennan/2019/05/18/pga-championship-bethpage-black-fans/3724698002/

> > >

> > > Opinion: PGA's raucous crowds at Bethpage Black far more fun than prim, proper Augusta

> > >

> > > Cheering a bad shot in golf? Oh, the horror. Golfers are so sheltered from big-time sports reality that they often have trouble dealing with one pithy comment and demand the perpetrator’s ejection. Someday these pampered souls should try wearing a Michigan jersey in Columbus for an hour or so.

> > >

> > > Then there was the moment Saturday when Daniel Berger teed off and some goofball screamed, “Burgers for all!”

> > >

> > > Of course there was laughter. Everyone smiled. Can you imagine, happiness of this magnitude at a sporting event?

> > >

> > > Most people in and around the game of golf probably prefer Augusta National’s sterile ways to the laissez-faire approach here this week. Not me. These New York crowds are having a ball, and their fun is infectious. They are enjoying the sunshine on a public golf course in the middle of a state park. There are little kids everywhere. Compare and contrast to the history of very private Augusta National, which until seven years ago didn’t allow women to be members.

> > >

> > > Koepka, who has slapped palms with hundreds of New Yorkers going hole to hole this week, told CBS Saturday afternoon that he loves the atmosphere at Bethpage Black. **“It feels," he said, "like a real sporting event.”**

> >

> > I would expect nothing less from Christine Brennan & the piece of trash newspaper she writes for...

>

> Christine Brennan is a piece of trash herself so her and that "newspaper" are perfect for one another.

Well penned rebuttal ; )

> @Philomathesq said:

> > @buckeye440 said:

> > I would say it contributes. ** I have done regrettable things (mainly one thing) drunk that I would never do sober.** Now, I just do not get that drunk at a public event like that. All about control.

>

> Did you admit to yourself that you are really a Wolverines fan? :D

Not enough EtOH in the world for that.

> @Need4spd said:

> The Ryder Cup will be totally out of control in five years. I think it actually has the possibility of escalating to a “Malice In the Palace” type of situation.

It's going to be nuts, NY fans will relentlessly heckle the Europeans. It's probably a good thing that Sergio and Poulter will be a long shot to make the team by that time.

Driver - Callaway Paradym
Woods - Callaway Paradym 3W
Hybrids - XXIO 10 3H, 4H, 5H
Irons - Callaway Paradym 6-52*
Wedge - PXG Forged 56** 
Putter - Ping TYNE C
Ball - Titleist AVX

good thread OP :) ..... basically fans take things way too seriously and/or want to be part of the action.

as i get older, i often just love sports for the competition (i.e. cheer for close games). i find fans have become far too vocal and partisan. basically far too tribal.

fans seem now to take things far too seriously... like the way college fans treat a local mega-recruit who doesn't play for the local team. c'mon folks, it's just a game. and that mega-recruit needs to do what's best for him.

golf is really bad for fans wanting to become part of the action and/or narrative. i think the phoenix tournament sets a very bad example for the tour.

here's a prime example of the idiocy of modern fandom: a major hockey star (for the old atlanta team) killed a teammate through dangerous driving. did some jail time and didn't play for awhile. comes back and plays for ottawa. the fans give him a standing ovation opening night. then when he later asks to be traded (and is traded), he is public enemy #1 coming back to Ottawa.

> @Pauly567 said:

> I wanted to see if anyone here attended yesterday's first round , and if so what their thoughts were on the fans? I don't write very many posts on GolfWRX, but I have to say that attending Bethpage yesterday was pretty nauseating to say the least. I'm sure there will be people who throw around words like Snowflake, etc when they read this, but the etiquette or lack there of I witnessed yesterday was deplorable; and it was all under the heading of "Hey, I'm from NY". As someone who grew up on Long Island, I was embarrassed. I stood next to the tee-box on 7 watching Phil, Rory and Kisner come through and wanted to vomit at the stuff that was coming out of some of these people's mouths; and could only imagine what the players were thinking. Then Phil hit the restroom after he teed off, only to return to very specific and graphic questions about what he was doing in there.....there were some other choice remark as well thrown Rory's way.

> That being said, I think I'm venting more on the fact that this has become "acceptable" ... I guess it's just worse in NY because people think that being from NY they just have an excuse to be A--H---e. I was going to take my 5 year old to the tournament yesterday, but I though it would be to long a day for him . I'm glad I made that decision, as I'm not quite sure what I would have said to him at that point when he said, Daddy, why are they yelling those things at them? ...Maybe I just witnessed the worst fans of the week on that particular tee box, but something tell me I'm being being to optimistic.

> I just happen to see the Billy Horshell Incident last week on twitter, and I guess that's what also prompted me to write this. I was in 100% agreement with Billy and his reaction. Reading comments from people om twitter who genuinely believe they have the right to act, say and do anything they want is total Bull---t. Get some manners people...and If you can't control your self when having a few beers, then don't drink. I'm all for cheering, and a little heckling, but there's a line ....and if you don't know where that line is then stay home.

On the flip side everyone is offended by everything in today’s society as well. If they can’t find something to be offended by they will keep digging. BK himself said it makes golf seem like an actual sporting event. Yes people are loud, obnoxious, and boisterous but as long as they’re not hurting anybody or screaming during someone’s swing who really cares. Alcohol is a big part I’m sure but I guarantee you can throw any hopes of curbing alcohol sales out the window. The PGA exists to make money and as long as people don’t cross an extreme line this is how it’s gonna be.

• Like 1

> @BiggErn said:

> > @Pauly567 said:

> > I wanted to see if anyone here attended yesterday's first round , and if so what their thoughts were on the fans? I don't write very many posts on GolfWRX, but I have to say that attending Bethpage yesterday was pretty nauseating to say the least. I'm sure there will be people who throw around words like Snowflake, etc when they read this, but the etiquette or lack there of I witnessed yesterday was deplorable; and it was all under the heading of "Hey, I'm from NY". As someone who grew up on Long Island, I was embarrassed. I stood next to the tee-box on 7 watching Phil, Rory and Kisner come through and wanted to vomit at the stuff that was coming out of some of these people's mouths; and could only imagine what the players were thinking. Then Phil hit the restroom after he teed off, only to return to very specific and graphic questions about what he was doing in there.....there were some other choice remark as well thrown Rory's way.

> > That being said, I think I'm venting more on the fact that this has become "acceptable" ... I guess it's just worse in NY because people think that being from NY they just have an excuse to be A--H---e. I was going to take my 5 year old to the tournament yesterday, but I though it would be to long a day for him . I'm glad I made that decision, as I'm not quite sure what I would have said to him at that point when he said, Daddy, why are they yelling those things at them? ...Maybe I just witnessed the worst fans of the week on that particular tee box, but something tell me I'm being being to optimistic.

> > I just happen to see the Billy Horshell Incident last week on twitter, and I guess that's what also prompted me to write this. I was in 100% agreement with Billy and his reaction. Reading comments from people om twitter who genuinely believe they have the right to act, say and do anything they want is total Bull---t. Get some manners people...and If you can't control your self when having a few beers, then don't drink. I'm all for cheering, and a little heckling, but there's a line ....and if you don't know where that line is then stay home.

>

> On the flip side everyone is offended by everything in today’s society as well. If they can’t find something to be offended by they will keep digging. BK himself said it makes golf seem like an actual sporting event. Yes people are loud, obnoxious, and boisterous but as long as they’re not hurting anybody or screaming during someone’s swing who really cares. Alcohol is a big part I’m sure but I guarantee you can throw any hopes of curbing alcohol sales out the window. The PGA exists to make money and as long as people don’t cross an extreme line this is how it’s gonna be.

I don't think what we are talking about could be equated with digging to find something to be offended about. Koopeka won so his comments must be taken in that context. Had he lost or let's suppose at the Ryder Cup in Paris last year loud fans relentlessly hurled non stop comments about him or his girlfriend's anatomy or sexual dysfunction he might have a different point of view. I think the PGA tour and most of their advertisers are blinded by greed and fear of a lawsuit by some rowdy poor ole poster child of the pc crowd that gets roughed up by security or removed from an event that they paid their hard earned money to get into. Never mind what the back of the ticket stub has printed in it. Anyway one does not have to be a rocket surgeon to understand that this escalation of behavior, based on statistics (and statistics don't lie) will very soon cross the extreme line you refer too. Do we wait until then or try to alter the outcome while it is still possible?

> @Enduro59 said:

> > @BiggErn said:

> > > @Pauly567 said:

> > > I wanted to see if anyone here attended yesterday's first round , and if so what their thoughts were on the fans? I don't write very many posts on GolfWRX, but I have to say that attending Bethpage yesterday was pretty nauseating to say the least. I'm sure there will be people who throw around words like Snowflake, etc when they read this, but the etiquette or lack there of I witnessed yesterday was deplorable; and it was all under the heading of "Hey, I'm from NY". As someone who grew up on Long Island, I was embarrassed. I stood next to the tee-box on 7 watching Phil, Rory and Kisner come through and wanted to vomit at the stuff that was coming out of some of these people's mouths; and could only imagine what the players were thinking. Then Phil hit the restroom after he teed off, only to return to very specific and graphic questions about what he was doing in there.....there were some other choice remark as well thrown Rory's way.

> > > That being said, I think I'm venting more on the fact that this has become "acceptable" ... I guess it's just worse in NY because people think that being from NY they just have an excuse to be A--H---e. I was going to take my 5 year old to the tournament yesterday, but I though it would be to long a day for him . I'm glad I made that decision, as I'm not quite sure what I would have said to him at that point when he said, Daddy, why are they yelling those things at them? ...Maybe I just witnessed the worst fans of the week on that particular tee box, but something tell me I'm being being to optimistic.

> > > I just happen to see the Billy Horshell Incident last week on twitter, and I guess that's what also prompted me to write this. I was in 100% agreement with Billy and his reaction. Reading comments from people om twitter who genuinely believe they have the right to act, say and do anything they want is total Bull---t. Get some manners people...and If you can't control your self when having a few beers, then don't drink. I'm all for cheering, and a little heckling, but there's a line ....and if you don't know where that line is then stay home.

> >

> > On the flip side everyone is offended by everything in today’s society as well. If they can’t find something to be offended by they will keep digging. BK himself said it makes golf seem like an actual sporting event. Yes people are loud, obnoxious, and boisterous but as long as they’re not hurting anybody or screaming during someone’s swing who really cares. Alcohol is a big part I’m sure but I guarantee you can throw any hopes of curbing alcohol sales out the window. The PGA exists to make money and as long as people don’t cross an extreme line this is how it’s gonna be.

> I don't think what we are talking about could be equated with digging to find something to be offended about. Koopeka won so his comments must be taken in that context. Had he lost or let's suppose at the Ryder Cup in Paris last year loud fans relentlessly hurled non stop comments about him or his girlfriend's anatomy or sexual dysfunction he might have a different point of view. I think the PGA tour and most of their advertisers are blinded by greed and fear of a lawsuit by some rowdy poor ole poster child of the pc crowd that gets roughed up by security or removed from an event that they paid their hard earned money to get into. Never mind what the back of the ticket stub has printed in it. Anyway one does not have to be a rocket surgeon to understand that this escalation of behavior, based on statistics (and statistics don't lie) will very soon cross the extreme line you refer too. Do we wait until then or try to alter the outcome while it is still possible?

Except what you’re stating is dealt with at every sporting event, including golf. I have no idea why some people think Golf is some sort of holier than thou event. It’s just a game.