Pauly567

> @buckeyefl said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @nsxguy

> > > > >

> > > > > Quick search says no. You cannot text. But it’s not illegal to hold a phone and talk or use gps. Appears they had a bill trying to go through Jan this year and now it’s dead as of April.

> > > > >

> > > > > Not surprising. They tried to pass the seatbelt law for 10-15 years and finally got it through with a lie. A lie that said all our insurance rates would drop. They didn’t.

> > > > >

> > > > > Another fun fact . I have to wear a seat belt in a car. But. You can ride a motorcycle with zero helmet in SC. Lol. How’s that make sense? I’ll tell you. The motorcycle lobby has deep enough pockets to keep it from passing.

> > > >

> > > > When I first decided to ride, over 30 years ago, I read a number of books about it first. I remember reading, about helmets, that anyone dumb enough to ride without one doesn't have anything worth protecting. Personally I did, and still do, believe that.

> > > >

> > > > There was a helmet law passed in Flori-DUH some time back and there was so much bitching about it, you know, about "taking away our rights (to kill ourselves LOL), it was repealed and now no riders has to wear a brain bucket.

> > > >

> > > > IMO opinion, while texting while driving is now against the law in 48(?) states, a ban on using hand held phones isn't even close to 48 states and talking on a hand held phone, while not as dangerous as texting, is certainly in the ballpark. Yet so many states haven't passed the law.

> > > >

> > > > People don't move away from a greenlight because they're talking on their phones. They don't move out of the left lane. They don't realize they've got a green arrow. They change lanes without looking. They tailgate on I-95. ALL of these things and more. And why ? because they're talking on their phones. Ridiculous.

> > > >

> > > > New York passed it almost 20 years ago. NO hand held devices while driving. Period. Since this is a New York bashing thread and those New Yawkers shouldn't tell "us" how to do things [rolleyes], I just wondered what the "Southern Tier" thought about that sort of thing.

> > > >

> > > > And that's ALL I'll say about it.

> > >

> > > Wow was that a long road to a muscle pulling stretch. Good God can we bring up **all of the ridiculous NY laws** as a counter-argument because that would be REALLY long.

> > >

> > > Blade hit it on the head with how this particular group ( not all NYers) act when they move south and they have earned their reputation and then some. They are like locusts.

> >

> > "Ridiculous NY laws" ?

> >

> > Do you really not understand how dangerous distracted driving is ? What a threat it is to the driver and others in their cars ?

> >

> > But more importantly how dangerous it is to other drivers, who ARE paying attention ? Do you not realize that talking on a hand held cell phone is not the same as talking via a bluetooth device through your car's speaker's system ?

> >

> > Talk about "ridiculous". LOL

> >

> >

> That not the point but obviously you knew that before you tried to act offended. To answer your question, of course I am and have been since the age of 10 when I lost a 5 year old cousin and nearly list my aunt and her three daughters when someone coming at them reached for a piece if gum. You tried to make a point that 2+2= apple pie and that's ridiculous.

>

>

> Yes ridiculous as in how you are acting. Try to focus as it's you being ridiculous with your meandering story to try to make a point that is about as silly and far off topic as you can get. I expect better from you.

If YOUR point was about blade's point and you wanted to add "NY'ers are like locusts", why the crack about NY laws being ridiculous. THAT was on point ? Isn't it you who wandered there ? So when you say something and someone responds they are off point ? But you weren't ? Ridiculous.

Forum threads drift. That much is obvious, not ridiculous. This thread started off about the bad behaviour of NEW YORKERS. And I wasn't the one who started in on NYers acting up in "my area". So it morphed into parts of something else related to New York. Big deal. And hardly ridiculous.

The fact is that many major laws start off in the northeast, if not in NY, and spread throughout the country once the rest of the country wakes up. Flori-duh isn't called that because it's "smart". The Sun-Sentinel (you remember newspapers, right ? LOL) had a weekly column called Flori-duh highlighting the stupidity in some of the laws (or lack of) and the idiotic things that come up all the time around here. And some others will simply resist because they don't want "them" telling us what "we" should do. Really smart. Or would that be ridiculous ?

And BTW, I'll bet the communities that NYers descend on "like locusts" don't mind all the economic stimulation that brings. Reminds me of (most native) Floridians complaining about the Canadians (and other snowbirds of course) descending on SoFla from November to April. But they sure don't mind their taxes (among other costs) staying low because of all the money the snowbirds bring with them and leave behind.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Titleist 716 AP-1  5-PW, DGS300

Ping Glide Forged, 48, DGS300

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 34*, RED, BGT Stability

Titleist Pro V1X

> @NoodleSalad said:

> So now you've gone from "he deserves a knee to the face" to "perhaps not' so maybe we're making progress. I have no idea who this Chicagoan was but if he sounds like me then he must've been quite brilliant. I'll leave you with this tweet, from a European no less:

>

> yebr2pbxehg9.png

>

Since you seem to perceive yourself as "brilliant", surely you know the best way to diffuse something is to agree with, and even aggrandize your "combatant", no ?

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1X

> @new2g0lf said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @nsxguy

> > > >

> > > > Quick search says no. You cannot text. But it’s not illegal to hold a phone and talk or use gps. Appears they had a bill trying to go through Jan this year and now it’s dead as of April.

> > > >

> > > > Not surprising. They tried to pass the seatbelt law for 10-15 years and finally got it through with a lie. A lie that said all our insurance rates would drop. They didn’t.

> > > >

> > > > Another fun fact . I have to wear a seat belt in a car. But. You can ride a motorcycle with zero helmet in SC. Lol. How’s that make sense? I’ll tell you. The motorcycle lobby has deep enough pockets to keep it from passing.

> > >

> > > I am going to amend your statement on the helmet law in SC---- It is a choice to wear a helmet or not if you are over 21. Under 21 you gotta wear a helmet. Being Harley Week here now sadly we have had I know of 3 fatalities and the press is quick here to point out if they were wearing a helmet or not. But the same theme with car fatalities they are quick to point out if they are wearing a seat belt or not. The only reason they passed the seat belt law in SC was because the federal government threatened them to cut back federal highway funds if they did not do so

> >

> > Yep. I’d hate to see our roads if they cut back funds. I guess we’d go back to dirt roads lol. I know they pave them around Charleston and MB regularly ... but upstate it’s a joke. They’ve shut down parts of interstate 4-5 times this year because of potholes big enough to bust tires. And of course a blowout at 70 plus equals crashes.

>

> Come to NY and sample some of our potholes but wear a mouth guard to avoid having some fillings knocked loose.

Oh yeah I know from back when I was trucking up there. But it has been 25 years since I have even been near there. I know when you went across the GW on I-95 you could look through the pot holes on the lower level and see the water. On the upper level you could look through the pot holes and see the traffic down below.`

Driver--- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha--- Speeder 565 R flex

3W-- Callaway RAZR-- Speeder 565 R Flex

7W --- TM V Steel UST Pro Force 65 R flex

9W--- TM V Steel Stock V Steel R flex shaft

Irons 4 thru PW 1985 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts

SW -- Cleveland 588 56* Shaft Unknown

LW Vokey SM5 L Grind 58* 04 bounce Stock Vokey Shaft

Putter -- Cleveland Designed By 8802 style

> @bladehunter said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > @nsxguy

> > >

> > > Quick search says no. You cannot text. But it’s not illegal to hold a phone and talk or use gps. Appears they had a bill trying to go through Jan this year and now it’s dead as of April.

> > >

> > > Not surprising. They tried to pass the seatbelt law for 10-15 years and finally got it through with a lie. A lie that said all our insurance rates would drop. They didn’t.

> > >

> > > Another fun fact . I have to wear a seat belt in a car. But. You can ride a motorcycle with zero helmet in SC. Lol. How’s that make sense? I’ll tell you. The motorcycle lobby has deep enough pockets to keep it from passing.

> >

> > I am going to amend your statement on the helmet law in SC---- It is a choice to wear a helmet or not if you are over 21. Under 21 you gotta wear a helmet. Being Harley Week here now sadly we have had I know of 3 fatalities and the press is quick here to point out if they were wearing a helmet or not. But the same theme with car fatalities they are quick to point out if they are wearing a seat belt or not. The only reason they passed the seat belt law in SC was because the federal government threatened them to cut back federal highway funds if they did not do so

>

> Yep. I’d hate to see our roads if they cut back funds. I guess we’d go back to dirt roads lol. I know they pave them around Charleston and MB regularly ... but upstate it’s a joke. They’ve shut down parts of interstate 4-5 times this year because of potholes big enough to bust tires. And of course a blowout at 70 plus equals crashes.

I was up that way about 2 months ago now--- I-85 through Gaffney was a mess I dropped down to US-29 to I-26 which was not much better. I was in Columbia Friday a week ago and it was terrible

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @nsxguy

> > > > >

> > > > > Quick search says no. You cannot text. But it’s not illegal to hold a phone and talk or use gps. Appears they had a bill trying to go through Jan this year and now it’s dead as of April.

> > > > >

> > > > > Not surprising. They tried to pass the seatbelt law for 10-15 years and finally got it through with a lie. A lie that said all our insurance rates would drop. They didn’t.

> > > > >

> > > > > Another fun fact . I have to wear a seat belt in a car. But. You can ride a motorcycle with zero helmet in SC. Lol. How’s that make sense? I’ll tell you. The motorcycle lobby has deep enough pockets to keep it from passing.

> > > >

> > > > When I first decided to ride, over 30 years ago, I read a number of books about it first. I remember reading, about helmets, that anyone dumb enough to ride without one doesn't have anything worth protecting. Personally I did, and still do, believe that.

> > > >

> > > > There was a helmet law passed in Flori-DUH some time back and there was so much bitching about it, you know, about "taking away our rights (to kill ourselves LOL), it was repealed and now no riders has to wear a brain bucket.

> > > >

> > > > IMO opinion, while texting while driving is now against the law in 48(?) states, a ban on using hand held phones isn't even close to 48 states and talking on a hand held phone, while not as dangerous as texting, is certainly in the ballpark. Yet so many states haven't passed the law.

> > > >

> > > > People don't move away from a greenlight because they're talking on their phones. They don't move out of the left lane. They don't realize they've got a green arrow. They change lanes without looking. They tailgate on I-95. ALL of these things and more. And why ? because they're talking on their phones. Ridiculous.

> > > >

> > > > New York passed it almost 20 years ago. NO hand held devices while driving. Period. Since this is a New York bashing thread and those New Yawkers shouldn't tell "us" how to do things [rolleyes], I just wondered what the "Southern Tier" thought about that sort of thing.

> > > >

> > > > And that's ALL I'll say about it.

> > >

> > > Wow was that a long road to a muscle pulling stretch. Good God can we bring up **all of the ridiculous NY laws** as a counter-argument because that would be REALLY long.

> > >

> > > Blade hit it on the head with how this particular group ( not all NYers) act when they move south and they have earned their reputation and then some. They are like locusts.

> >

> > "Ridiculous NY laws" ?

> >

> > Do you really not understand how dangerous distracted driving is ? What a threat it is to the driver and others in their cars ?

> >

> > But more importantly how dangerous it is to other drivers, who ARE paying attention ? Do you not realize that talking on a hand held cell phone is not the same as talking via a bluetooth device through your car's speaker's system ?

> >

> > Talk about "ridiculous". LOL

> >

> >

>

> Trust me I know all about distracted driving---- I see it every day being a professional truck driver--- Trust me up in a big truck you can spot them quick weaving across the line and running up on people's rear end. What has gotten to be a problem here is the little old blue haired ladies that can not drive to begin with driving 20 in a 45 with cell phone tucked firmly in ear.

I'm sure you do. It's epidemic. Someone else mentioned that everybody(?) around him while stopped has a cell phone in their hands. I see this all the time as well.

Stopped at a light in the 2nd row with 8 cars surrounding me and I'd say, on average, at least half of those drivers are on their cell phones waiting for the light - which in and of itself isn't a big deal - except that they seldom see the light change and then seemingly get offended when someone finally (~4 seconds) honks their horn (non-NYers are SO polite LOL).

So, when traffic is heavy 3 or 4 cars don't make that green light and get stuck again at the red. Can you say "road rage" ? LOL

I hope this doesn't offend buckeye but in 2011 I was in Myrtle Beach for that World Amateur tournament and 2 days before the tournament I was stopped behind a panel truck waiting to make a left turn into a strip mall on 3rd Ave South (1 lane each direction).

There was a straightaway off the main road (501) where one barely had to slow down making the curving turn that ran about 2-300 yards before the spot I was stopped.

I was stopped there waiting for about 15-20 seconds or so and happened to look up and saw in my rear view mirror a Chevy Blazer about 20 feet behind me that showed no indication of stopping.

I grabbed the steering wheel and held on while the Blazer put my rear bumper almost into my back seat. No screech of tires, just the crash.

Officer on the scene estimated about 40 mph or so at crash time. Fortunately I came out of it just a bit stunned. Same with the male driver of the Blazer (about 20 years old) and his GF in the front passenger seat. Nothing broken, nothing(really) bruised. Maybe "holding on" helped ? Don't know.

Cops, ambulance and fire trucks all came and fortunately nobody had to go to the hospital although the officer in charge tried to insist on me going. During our conversation the officer told me "Kid was texting, no doubt". Certainly was no chance he was paying attention.

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1X

> @nsxguy said:

> > @NoodleSalad said:

> > So now you've gone from "he deserves a knee to the face" to "perhaps not' so maybe we're making progress. I have no idea who this Chicagoan was but if he sounds like me then he must've been quite brilliant. I'll leave you with this tweet, from a European no less:

> >

> > yebr2pbxehg9.png

> >

>

> Since you seem to perceive yourself as "brilliant", surely you know the best way to diffuse something is to agree with, and even aggrandize your "combatant", no ?

"Diffuse" means to scatter about. Therefore your comment is nonsensical.

> @nsxguy said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > @nsxguy

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Quick search says no. You cannot text. But it’s not illegal to hold a phone and talk or use gps. Appears they had a bill trying to go through Jan this year and now it’s dead as of April.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not surprising. They tried to pass the seatbelt law for 10-15 years and finally got it through with a lie. A lie that said all our insurance rates would drop. They didn’t.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Another fun fact . I have to wear a seat belt in a car. But. You can ride a motorcycle with zero helmet in SC. Lol. How’s that make sense? I’ll tell you. The motorcycle lobby has deep enough pockets to keep it from passing.

> > > > >

> > > > > When I first decided to ride, over 30 years ago, I read a number of books about it first. I remember reading, about helmets, that anyone dumb enough to ride without one doesn't have anything worth protecting. Personally I did, and still do, believe that.

> > > > >

> > > > > There was a helmet law passed in Flori-DUH some time back and there was so much bitching about it, you know, about "taking away our rights (to kill ourselves LOL), it was repealed and now no riders has to wear a brain bucket.

> > > > >

> > > > > IMO opinion, while texting while driving is now against the law in 48(?) states, a ban on using hand held phones isn't even close to 48 states and talking on a hand held phone, while not as dangerous as texting, is certainly in the ballpark. Yet so many states haven't passed the law.

> > > > >

> > > > > People don't move away from a greenlight because they're talking on their phones. They don't move out of the left lane. They don't realize they've got a green arrow. They change lanes without looking. They tailgate on I-95. ALL of these things and more. And why ? because they're talking on their phones. Ridiculous.

> > > > >

> > > > > New York passed it almost 20 years ago. NO hand held devices while driving. Period. Since this is a New York bashing thread and those New Yawkers shouldn't tell "us" how to do things [rolleyes], I just wondered what the "Southern Tier" thought about that sort of thing.

> > > > >

> > > > > And that's ALL I'll say about it.

> > > >

> > > > Wow was that a long road to a muscle pulling stretch. Good God can we bring up **all of the ridiculous NY laws** as a counter-argument because that would be REALLY long.

> > > >

> > > > Blade hit it on the head with how this particular group ( not all NYers) act when they move south and they have earned their reputation and then some. They are like locusts.

> > >

> > > "Ridiculous NY laws" ?

> > >

> > > Do you really not understand how dangerous distracted driving is ? What a threat it is to the driver and others in their cars ?

> > >

> > > But more importantly how dangerous it is to other drivers, who ARE paying attention ? Do you not realize that talking on a hand held cell phone is not the same as talking via a bluetooth device through your car's speaker's system ?

> > >

> > > Talk about "ridiculous". LOL

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Trust me I know all about distracted driving---- I see it every day being a professional truck driver--- Trust me up in a big truck you can spot them quick weaving across the line and running up on people's rear end. What has gotten to be a problem here is the little old blue haired ladies that can not drive to begin with driving 20 in a 45 with cell phone tucked firmly in ear.

>

> I'm sure you do. It's epidemic. Someone else mentioned that everybody(?) around him while stopped has a cell phone in their hands. I see this all the time as well.

>

> Stopped at a light in the 2nd row with 8 cars surrounding me and I'd say, on average, at least half of those drivers are on their cell phones waiting for the light - which in and of itself isn't a big deal - except that they seldom see the light change and then seemingly get offended when someone finally (~4 seconds) honks their horn (non-NYers are SO polite LOL).

>

> So, when traffic is heavy 3 or 4 cars don't make that green light and get stuck again at the red. Can you say "road rage" ? LOL

>

> I hope this doesn't offend buckeye but in 2011 I was in Myrtle Beach for that World Amateur tournament and 2 days before the tournament I was stopped behind a panel truck waiting to make a left turn into a strip mall on 3rd Ave South (1 lane each direction).

>

> There was a straightaway off the main road (501) where one barely had to slow down making the curving turn that ran about 2-300 yards before the spot I was stopped.

>

> I was stopped there waiting for about 15-20 seconds or so and happened to look up and saw in my rear view mirror a Chevy Blazer about 20 feet behind me that showed no indication of stopping.

>

> I grabbed the steering wheel and held on while the Blazer put my rear bumper almost into my back seat. No screech of tires, just the crash.

>

> Officer on the scene estimated about 40 mph or so at crash time. Fortunately I came out of it just a bit stunned. Same with the male driver of the Blazer (about 20 years old) and his GF in the front passenger seat. Nothing broken, nothing(really) bruised. Maybe "holding on" helped ? Don't know.

>

> Cops, ambulance and fire trucks all came and fortunately nobody had to go to the hospital although the officer in charge tried to insist on me going. During our conversation the officer told me "Kid was texting, no doubt". Certainly was no chance he was paying attention.

Oh man, same with me.

I was on the Triboro Bridge at a dead stop in traiffic in a little hatchback. Hear a screech ,look in my rearview and the SUV is just hitting his breaks but still hits me doing like 60.

My car launches across a lane of traffic into the concrete divider, rolls on its passenger side, somehow I move as it rolls and end up standing on the passenger door and am "surfing" as the car slides to a stop. I remenber as it rolled I had this vision of rolling off the bridge and plunging into the river.

Then, I literlly walk out the blown out hatchback window and see like 100 cars looking at me like Im a ghost. This lady comes over and hugs me crying. FBI agent gives me his phone (this was before we all had cells).

Get this, I was going to see this girl who was cooking us dinner and she picks up the phone, I explain what happened and she goes,

"So, what, youre not coming?"

Rofl!

> @bladehunter said:

> Pretty big majority here would agree that the behavior is not wanted. Simple as that.

Thats cool, but the "majority" on a golf forum means nothing in the grand scheme of this. I have no problem with marshall's tossing folks who are ridiculous and deserving of so, however it just sounds as the stuffy crowd seems to think that anybody that isn't viewing the way they would, its not wanted or wrong. Some comments in this thread come off as very closed minded: So what if people want to get a video of Tiger teeing off, or trying to get pics of a player or taping every second.....doesn't mean they aren't "living in the moment" . So what if they want to yell "babooey", I wouldn't do it but suit yourself if you do it when allowed. Want to drink at a event that sells alcohol, go for it. If you get drunk and act a fool, thats on you and deal with it if you're kicked out.

Plus at most concerts/games/tournaments, the reality is it is usually a much much smaller portion who cant control themselves. If you're really that "embarrassed" by others actions that you cant watch the tournament on tv, or makes you not want to go witness an epic performance by Brooks so far in person, thats your own decision, but plenty of others can still do so fine and it doesn't mean action has to be taken.

TSR2  | Original One Mini |Apex UW 19

Nike Vapor Speed 4i | 5-GW T100S Black 

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

WITB

> @NoodleSalad said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @NoodleSalad said:

> > > So now you've gone from "he deserves a knee to the face" to "perhaps not' so maybe we're making progress. I have no idea who this Chicagoan was but if he sounds like me then he must've been quite brilliant. I'll leave you with this tweet, from a European no less:

> > >

> > > yebr2pbxehg9.png

> > >

> >

> > Since you seem to perceive yourself as "brilliant", surely you know the best way to diffuse something is to agree with, and even aggrandize your "combatant", no ?

>

> "Diffuse" means to scatter about. Therefore your comment is nonsensical.

You are correct.. As in "diffuse a situation" ? "Scatter about" (the anger) before it happens. You've never heard that expression ? And you're brilliant ? Hmmmmmmmmm

While I admit that one could argue "defuse a situation", is "more(?) correct", can someone actually defuse something that hasn't yet occurred, as Luke has apparently tried to do with his tweet ?

Either version is correct so, hardly "nonsensical".

Enjoy the PGA.

Titleist Pro V1X

> @bubbagump said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > Pretty big majority here would agree that the behavior is not wanted. Simple as that.

>

> Thats cool, but the "majority" on a golf forum means nothing in the grand scheme of this. I have no problem with marshall's tossing folks who are ridiculous and deserving of so, however it just sounds as the stuffy crowd seems to think that anybody that isn't viewing the way they would, its not wanted or wrong. Some comments in this thread are just very closed minded: So what if people want to get a video of Tiger teeing off, or trying to get pics of a player or taping every second.....doesn't mean they aren't "living in the moment" . So what if they want to yell "babooey", I wouldn't do it but suit yourself if you do it when allowed. Want to drink at a event that sells alcohol, go for it. If you get drunk and act a fool, thats on you and deal with it if you're kicked out. Plus at most concerts/games/tournaments, the reality is it is usually a much smaller portion who cant control themselves.

>

>

>

>

>

>

So, your "solution" is to just surrender to the legions of drunken youth that apparently come to party at our golf tournaments? To just accept the behavior that if displayed at a college tournament, a local tournament would result in the spectator being thrown off the course? Haven't we had enough unacceptable behavior in society--when and where do we draw the line and say "no more" to unruly behavior at professional golf tournaments--why isn't TODAY the day? Frankly, I'm past tired of trying to accommodate the unacceptable.

> @bigchucksr said:

> So, your "solution" is to just surrender to the legions of drunken youth that apparently come to party at our golf tournaments? To just accept the behavior that if displayed at a college tournament, a local tournament would result in the spectator being thrown off the course? Haven't we had enough unacceptable behavior in society--when and where do we draw the line and say "no more" to unruly behavior at professional golf tournaments--why isn't TODAY the day? Frankly, I'm past tired of trying to accommodate the unacceptable.

lol, no not at all. If a person is truly a problem sober or drunk, regardless of age, marshalls should handle it and have said person removed. It just feels like people are broadly applying doing anything they wouldn't, as "drunken youth", "unruly" or "unacceptable". They arent "your" tournaments lol they are a public event, and the problem isnt just "drunken youth", anybody of any age can act like clowns.

Next, how about them flat hats and jogger pants!

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > @nsxguy

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Quick search says no. You cannot text. But it’s not illegal to hold a phone and talk or use gps. Appears they had a bill trying to go through Jan this year and now it’s dead as of April.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Not surprising. They tried to pass the seatbelt law for 10-15 years and finally got it through with a lie. A lie that said all our insurance rates would drop. They didn’t.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Another fun fact . I have to wear a seat belt in a car. But. You can ride a motorcycle with zero helmet in SC. Lol. How’s that make sense? I’ll tell you. The motorcycle lobby has deep enough pockets to keep it from passing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > When I first decided to ride, over 30 years ago, I read a number of books about it first. I remember reading, about helmets, that anyone dumb enough to ride without one doesn't have anything worth protecting. Personally I did, and still do, believe that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There was a helmet law passed in Flori-DUH some time back and there was so much bitching about it, you know, about "taking away our rights (to kill ourselves LOL), it was repealed and now no riders has to wear a brain bucket.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > IMO opinion, while texting while driving is now against the law in 48(?) states, a ban on using hand held phones isn't even close to 48 states and talking on a hand held phone, while not as dangerous as texting, is certainly in the ballpark. Yet so many states haven't passed the law.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > People don't move away from a greenlight because they're talking on their phones. They don't move out of the left lane. They don't realize they've got a green arrow. They change lanes without looking. They tailgate on I-95. ALL of these things and more. And why ? because they're talking on their phones. Ridiculous.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > New York passed it almost 20 years ago. NO hand held devices while driving. Period. Since this is a New York bashing thread and those New Yawkers shouldn't tell "us" how to do things [rolleyes], I just wondered what the "Southern Tier" thought about that sort of thing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And that's ALL I'll say about it.

> > > > >

> > > > > Wow was that a long road to a muscle pulling stretch. Good God can we bring up **all of the ridiculous NY laws** as a counter-argument because that would be REALLY long.

> > > > >

> > > > > Blade hit it on the head with how this particular group ( not all NYers) act when they move south and they have earned their reputation and then some. They are like locusts.

> > > >

> > > > "Ridiculous NY laws" ?

> > > >

> > > > Do you really not understand how dangerous distracted driving is ? What a threat it is to the driver and others in their cars ?

> > > >

> > > > But more importantly how dangerous it is to other drivers, who ARE paying attention ? Do you not realize that talking on a hand held cell phone is not the same as talking via a bluetooth device through your car's speaker's system ?

> > > >

> > > > Talk about "ridiculous". LOL

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Trust me I know all about distracted driving---- I see it every day being a professional truck driver--- Trust me up in a big truck you can spot them quick weaving across the line and running up on people's rear end. What has gotten to be a problem here is the little old blue haired ladies that can not drive to begin with driving 20 in a 45 with cell phone tucked firmly in ear.

> >

> > I'm sure you do. It's epidemic. Someone else mentioned that everybody(?) around him while stopped has a cell phone in their hands. I see this all the time as well.

> >

> > Stopped at a light in the 2nd row with 8 cars surrounding me and I'd say, on average, at least half of those drivers are on their cell phones waiting for the light - which in and of itself isn't a big deal - except that they seldom see the light change and then seemingly get offended when someone finally (~4 seconds) honks their horn (non-NYers are SO polite LOL).

> >

> > So, when traffic is heavy 3 or 4 cars don't make that green light and get stuck again at the red. Can you say "road rage" ? LOL

> >

> > I hope this doesn't offend buckeye but in 2011 I was in Myrtle Beach for that World Amateur tournament and 2 days before the tournament I was stopped behind a panel truck waiting to make a left turn into a strip mall on 3rd Ave South (1 lane each direction).

> >

> > There was a straightaway off the main road (501) where one barely had to slow down making the curving turn that ran about 2-300 yards before the spot I was stopped.

> >

> > I was stopped there waiting for about 15-20 seconds or so and happened to look up and saw in my rear view mirror a Chevy Blazer about 20 feet behind me that showed no indication of stopping.

> >

> > I grabbed the steering wheel and held on while the Blazer put my rear bumper almost into my back seat. No screech of tires, just the crash.

> >

> > Officer on the scene estimated about 40 mph or so at crash time. Fortunately I came out of it just a bit stunned. Same with the male driver of the Blazer (about 20 years old) and his GF in the front passenger seat. Nothing broken, nothing(really) bruised. Maybe "holding on" helped ? Don't know.

> >

> > Cops, ambulance and fire trucks all came and fortunately nobody had to go to the hospital although the officer in charge tried to insist on me going. During our conversation the officer told me "Kid was texting, no doubt". Certainly was no chance he was paying attention.

>

> Oh man, same with me.

>

> I was on the Triboro Bridge at a dead stop in traiffic in a little hatchback. Hear a screech ,look in my rearview and the SUV is just hitting his breaks but still hits me doing like 60.

> My car launches across a lane of traffic into the concrete divider, rolls on its passenger side, somehow I move as it rolls and end up standing on the passenger door and am "surfing" as the car slides to a stop. I remenber as it rolled I had this vision of rolling off the bridge and plunging into the river.

> Then, I literlly walk out the blown out hatchback window and see like 100 cars looking at me like Im a ghost. This lady comes over and hugs me crying. FBI agent gives me his phone (this was before we all had cells).

> Get this, I was going to see this girl who was cooking us dinner and she picks up the phone, I explain what happened and she goes,

>

> "So, what, youre not coming?"

>

> Rofl!

LOL.

But I kinda sorta felt the same way when the officer was trying to coax me into the ambulance and hospital, even just for (as it turned out) precautionary purposes.

I'm thinking "I'm here to play this tournament in a couple of days and I'm into it for about $1200 (travel, hotel, tournament cost) so I'm going to PLAY !!!" LMAO

Happened to me once before but way before cell phones. On the "connector", the connecting part between the GCP and the BQE when the kids used to drag race on Friday and Saturday nights.

• Like 1

Titleist Pro V1X

> @bubbagump said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > Pretty big majority here would agree that the behavior is not wanted. Simple as that.

>

> Thats cool, but the "majority" on a golf forum means nothing in the grand scheme of this. I have no problem with marshall's tossing folks who are ridiculous and deserving of so, however it just sounds as the stuffy crowd seems to think that anybody that isn't viewing the way they would, its not wanted or wrong. **Some comments in this thread come off as very closed minded**: So what if people want to get a video of Tiger teeing off, or trying to get pics of a player or taping every second.....doesn't mean they aren't "living in the moment" . So what if they want to yell "babooey", I wouldn't do it but suit yourself if you do it when allowed. Want to drink at a event that sells alcohol, go for it. If you get drunk and act a fool, thats on you and deal with it if you're kicked out.

>

> Plus at most concerts/games/tournaments, the reality is it is usually a much much smaller portion who cant control themselves. If you're really that "embarrassed" by others actions that you cant watch the tournament on tv, or makes you not want to go witness an epic performance by Brooks so far in person, thats your own decision, but plenty of others can still do so fine and it doesn't mean action has to be taken.

Some people are so open minded their brains have fallen out...

>

>

>

>

>

>

> @bubbagump said:

> > @bladehunter said:

>

> Thats cool, but the "majority" on a golf forum means nothing in the grand scheme of this. I have no problem with marshall's tossing folks who are ridiculous and deserving of so, however it just sounds as the stuffy crowd seems to think that anybody that isn't viewing the way they would, its not wanted or wrong. Some comments in this thread come off as very closed minded: So what if people want to get a video of Tiger teeing off, or trying to get pics of a player or taping every second.....doesn't mean they aren't "living in the moment" . So what if they want to yell "babooey", I wouldn't do it but suit yourself if you do it when allowed. Want to drink at a event that sells alcohol, go for it. If you get drunk and act a fool, thats on you and deal with it if you're kicked out.

>

> Plus at most concerts/games/tournaments, the reality is it is usually a much much smaller portion who cant control themselves. If you're really that "embarrassed" by others actions that you cant watch the tournament on tv, or makes you not want to go witness an epic performance by Brooks so far in person, thats your own decision, but plenty of others can still do so fine and it doesn't mean action has to be taken.

>

>

>

>

>

>

I wouldnt say the attitudes of this forum “mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.” The people on this forum make up actual paying customers in the present and future at PGA and other golf related events. Some clown that got tickets from work to today’s round and won’t watch or attend another golf tournament for the next decade ( the vast majority of spectators this week at Bethpage) is not someone you are placating over the average golfwrx member. So I think your post is way off.

> @ilikegolf26 said:

> I wouldnt say the attitudes of this forum “mean nothing in the grand scheme of things.” The people on this forum make up actual paying customers in the present and future at PGA and other golf related events. Some clown that got tickets from work to today’s round and won’t watch or attend another golf tournament for the next decade ( the vast majority of spectators this week at Bethpage) is not someone you are placating over the average golfwrx member. So I think your post is way off.

What I meant by that, is events are there to make money. As long as they are well attended, and sales are strong, complaining here doesn't really mean much when everything like money/profit/attendance are taken into account. Take the Waste Management Open, sounds like its probably the best example of debauchery that some here dont want at "their tournaments". Yet its the most attended tournament each year and extremely popular. Id also imagine, that a solid part of that crowd isnt the biggest golf fans, but goes to hang out and party.....either way their money is just as green as ours is and they have just as much right to be there as anybody else. Cant really restrict attendance to golfers/fans only.

Again, if people are truly out of control and obnoxious they are at the mercy of the marshalls and the people around them, and that is their own fault. Just the practice of labeling everything as obnoxious or wrong, or not allowed....just because you wouldn't, is silly to me.

SM8 Black 54* / 60*

WITB

I live in upstate N.Y., and the people I have met in my town, and my home golf course, don’t behave this way.

• Like 1

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Titleist SM8 Black Wedges 48-54-58

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)
“Check your Ego at the Club House and Play the Correct Tees”

> @Golfer4Life said:

> I live in upstate N.Y., and the people I have met in my town, and my home golf course, don’t behave this way.

No, they just come to NYC to act crazy and act like buffoons at the jiggly room ; )

I tell ya, you can spot tourists a mile away. During the day they starin up in the air blockin me from gettin to work

At night they wearin their fancy belt and new good jeans and keeled over yakin in the gutter.

• Like 1

I’m still in shock that there are states where you don’t have to wear a MC helmet. I was visiting family out of state last year, and there goes a dude on a cruiser, 70 mph, and bald head glistening! It was wild to see when you’re not used to it.

On that note, I was in a different state recently and did a triple take when people started ripping heaters inside a bar! Ashtrays on tables like it was 1970! I had to shower before bed. I guess both of these things aren’t weird per se, but they just show how ignorant I am that and how big this country is.

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @Golfer4Life said:

> > I live in upstate N.Y., and the people I have met in my town, and my home golf course, don’t behave this way.

>

> No, they just come to NYC to act crazy and act like buffoons at the jiggly room ; )

>

> I tell ya, you can spot tourists a mile away. During the day they starin up in the air blockin me from gettin to work

> At night they wearin their fancy belt and new good jeans and keeled over yakin in the gutter.

We don’t even go to NYC, lol......We rather spend a weekend in Québec at the Fairmont Le Château Frontenac.

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 
2009 Custom Scotty Cameron Welded Neck 009 35/330g (with a slap of lead tape for sauciness)

> @Golfer4Life said:

> I live in upstate N.Y., and the people I have met in my town, and my home golf course, don’t behave this way.

I can't lie.

This struck me as kinda funny. LOL

1h660u9u14vz.png

• Like 2

Titleist Pro V1X

> @Golfer4Life said:

> > @bscinstnct said:

> > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > I live in upstate N.Y., and the people I have met in my town, and my home golf course, don’t behave this way.

> >

> > No, they just come to NYC to act crazy and act like buffoons at the jiggly room ; )

> >

> > I tell ya, you can spot tourists a mile away. During the day they starin up in the air blockin me from gettin to work

> > At night they wearin their fancy belt and new good jeans and keeled over yakin in the gutter.

>

> We don’t even go to NYC, lol......We rather spend a weekend in Québec at the Fairmont Le Château Frontenac.

Now that sounds like some fancy jiggly room ; )

• Like 1

> @nsxguy said:

> > @buckeyefl said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > @nsxguy

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Quick search says no. You cannot text. But it’s not illegal to hold a phone and talk or use gps. Appears they had a bill trying to go through Jan this year and now it’s dead as of April.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Not surprising. They tried to pass the seatbelt law for 10-15 years and finally got it through with a lie. A lie that said all our insurance rates would drop. They didn’t.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Another fun fact . I have to wear a seat belt in a car. But. You can ride a motorcycle with zero helmet in SC. Lol. How’s that make sense? I’ll tell you. The motorcycle lobby has deep enough pockets to keep it from passing.

> > > > >

> > > > > When I first decided to ride, over 30 years ago, I read a number of books about it first. I remember reading, about helmets, that anyone dumb enough to ride without one doesn't have anything worth protecting. Personally I did, and still do, believe that.

> > > > >

> > > > > There was a helmet law passed in Flori-DUH some time back and there was so much bitching about it, you know, about "taking away our rights (to kill ourselves LOL), it was repealed and now no riders has to wear a brain bucket.

> > > > >

> > > > > IMO opinion, while texting while driving is now against the law in 48(?) states, a ban on using hand held phones isn't even close to 48 states and talking on a hand held phone, while not as dangerous as texting, is certainly in the ballpark. Yet so many states haven't passed the law.

> > > > >

> > > > > People don't move away from a greenlight because they're talking on their phones. They don't move out of the left lane. They don't realize they've got a green arrow. They change lanes without looking. They tailgate on I-95. ALL of these things and more. And why ? because they're talking on their phones. Ridiculous.

> > > > >

> > > > > New York passed it almost 20 years ago. NO hand held devices while driving. Period. Since this is a New York bashing thread and those New Yawkers shouldn't tell "us" how to do things [rolleyes], I just wondered what the "Southern Tier" thought about that sort of thing.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Wow was that a long road to a muscle pulling stretch. Good God can we bring up **all of the ridiculous NY laws** as a counter-argument because that would be REALLY long.

> > > >

> > > > Blade hit it on the head with how this particular group ( not all NYers) act when they move south and they have earned their reputation and then some. They are like locusts.

> > >

> > >

> > > Do you really not understand how dangerous distracted driving is ? What a threat it is to the driver and others in their cars ?

> > >

> > > But more importantly how dangerous it is to other drivers, who ARE paying attention ? Do you not realize that talking on a hand held cell phone is not the same as talking via a bluetooth device through your car's speaker's system ?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > That not the point but obviously you knew that before you tried to act offended. To answer your question, of course I am and have been since the age of 10 when I lost a 5 year old cousin and nearly list my aunt and her three daughters when someone coming at them reached for a piece if gum. You tried to make a point that 2+2= apple pie and that's ridiculous.

> >

> >

> > Yes ridiculous as in how you are acting. Try to focus as it's you being ridiculous with your meandering story to try to make a point that is about as silly and far off topic as you can get. I expect better from you.

>

> If YOUR point was about blade's point and you wanted to add "NY'ers are like locusts", why the crack about NY laws being ridiculous. THAT was on point ? Isn't it you who wandered there ? So when you say something and someone responds they are off point ? But you weren't ? Ridiculous.

>

> Forum threads drift. That much is obvious, not ridiculous. This thread started off about the bad behaviour of NEW YORKERS. And I wasn't the one who started in on NYers acting up in "my area". So it morphed into parts of something else related to New York. Big deal. And hardly ridiculous.

>

> The fact is that many major laws start off in the northeast, if not in NY, and spread throughout the country once the rest of the country wakes up. Flori-duh isn't called that because it's "smart". The Sun-Sentinel (you remember newspapers, right ? LOL) had a weekly column called Flori-duh highlighting the stupidity in some of the laws (or lack of) and the idiotic things that come up all the time around here. And some others will simply resist because they don't want "them" telling us what "we" should do. Really smart. Or would that be ridiculous ?

>

> And BTW, I'll bet the communities that NYers descend on "like locusts" don't mind all the economic stimulation that brings. Reminds me of (most native) Floridians complaining about the Canadians (and other snowbirds of course) descending on SoFla from November to April. But they sure don't mind their taxes (among other costs) staying low because of all the money the snowbirds bring with them and leave behind.

>

> Enjoy your Sunday.

I’ll sum up my opinion on the supposed tax influx that the outsiders bring. In short. They eat more than they produce.

Sure. More money pours in , and they build bigger police stations , Beautify parks and pave the tourist area roads. But and it’s a huge BUT. The locals don’t want any of that. None. All their doing is ruining what’s here with bigger meto areas and crowding the good small school districts with new kids . My property taxes raise every year because of these. And I’m on a homestead exempt 5th generation farm. You will next say “ well if taxes go up , your property values rise “. Sure. But that’s useless if you intend to die and be buried on site. Random Yankees stop at my house yearly and try to waive money at us. Why ? Their horses need space. I’m always nice and say no thank you as long as I’m met with politeness. But it grates on you after a while. The nerve to stop and ask a family to move just gripes my a**.

So in short. They do bring in cash. But they spend it on their wants , on themselves.

Edit. So I’m sure someone will take that as me being down on all yanks. Nope. Several of my closest pals are from the NY /Connecticut area. But. I do still bristle at the idea that those invaders are doing is hillbilly’s a favor. How folks can’t see that attitude as an insult is beyond me. My attitude is bad as well on that subject. But. Mine is rooted in experience. Not odd/off assumptions.

I went to a high school with a senior class of less than 700 kids. 24-5years later that same school has a graduating class last year of over 3k kids. Sure. They’ve built another new school. But it’s to accommodate the invasion. The school I went to there was only 8 years old. We had a new building and all facilities... but they had to build again since then. And make the old high school a middle school. Sure. Growth happens anyway. But not at the rate we are seeing it.

And dude. Your last lines say it all. How can the community not mind the influx of foreigners , and yet complain at the same time. You de realized that the natives are the community and everyone else invited guests ? Right ? Sure politicians love it. They get to pad their pockets. Legalized bribery is all it is.

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > @bscinstnct said:

> > > > @Golfer4Life said:

> > > > I live in upstate N.Y., and the people I have met in my town, and my home golf course, don’t behave this way.

> > >

> > > No, they just come to NYC to act crazy and act like buffoons at the jiggly room ; )

> > >

> > > I tell ya, you can spot tourists a mile away. During the day they starin up in the air blockin me from gettin to work

> > > At night they wearin their fancy belt and new good jeans and keeled over yakin in the gutter.

> >

> > We don’t even go to NYC, lol......We rather spend a weekend in Québec at the Fairmont Le Château Frontenac.

>

> Now that sounds like some fancy jiggly room ; )

It is, lol......Beautiful place to stay.

• Like 1

TM SIM2 Max Driver

TM SIM2 Max 3 & 5

PXG 0311 XF Gen 1 4-W 

Srixon Q-Star Tour 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > > @nsxguy

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Quick search says no. You cannot text. But it’s not illegal to hold a phone and talk or use gps. Appears they had a bill trying to go through Jan this year and now it’s dead as of April.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Not surprising. They tried to pass the seatbelt law for 10-15 years and finally got it through with a lie. A lie that said all our insurance rates would drop. They didn’t.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Another fun fact . I have to wear a seat belt in a car. But. You can ride a motorcycle with zero helmet in SC. Lol. How’s that make sense? I’ll tell you. The motorcycle lobby has deep enough pockets to keep it from passing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > When I first decided to ride, over 30 years ago, I read a number of books about it first. I remember reading, about helmets, that anyone dumb enough to ride without one doesn't have anything worth protecting. Personally I did, and still do, believe that.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > There was a helmet law passed in Flori-DUH some time back and there was so much bitching about it, you know, about "taking away our rights (to kill ourselves LOL), it was repealed and now no riders has to wear a brain bucket.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > IMO opinion, while texting while driving is now against the law in 48(?) states, a ban on using hand held phones isn't even close to 48 states and talking on a hand held phone, while not as dangerous as texting, is certainly in the ballpark. Yet so many states haven't passed the law.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > People don't move away from a greenlight because they're talking on their phones. They don't move out of the left lane. They don't realize they've got a green arrow. They change lanes without looking. They tailgate on I-95. ALL of these things and more. And why ? because they're talking on their phones. Ridiculous.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > New York passed it almost 20 years ago. NO hand held devices while driving. Period. Since this is a New York bashing thread and those New Yawkers shouldn't tell "us" how to do things [rolleyes], I just wondered what the "Southern Tier" thought about that sort of thing.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Wow was that a long road to a muscle pulling stretch. Good God can we bring up **all of the ridiculous NY laws** as a counter-argument because that would be REALLY long.

> > > > >

> > > > > Blade hit it on the head with how this particular group ( not all NYers) act when they move south and they have earned their reputation and then some. They are like locusts.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Do you really not understand how dangerous distracted driving is ? What a threat it is to the driver and others in their cars ?

> > > >

> > > > But more importantly how dangerous it is to other drivers, who ARE paying attention ? Do you not realize that talking on a hand held cell phone is not the same as talking via a bluetooth device through your car's speaker's system ?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > That not the point but obviously you knew that before you tried to act offended. To answer your question, of course I am and have been since the age of 10 when I lost a 5 year old cousin and nearly list my aunt and her three daughters when someone coming at them reached for a piece if gum. You tried to make a point that 2+2= apple pie and that's ridiculous.

> > >

> > >

> > > Yes ridiculous as in how you are acting. Try to focus as it's you being ridiculous with your meandering story to try to make a point that is about as silly and far off topic as you can get. I expect better from you.

> >

> > If YOUR point was about blade's point and you wanted to add "NY'ers are like locusts", why the crack about NY laws being ridiculous. THAT was on point ? Isn't it you who wandered there ? So when you say something and someone responds they are off point ? But you weren't ? Ridiculous.

> >

> > Forum threads drift. That much is obvious, not ridiculous. This thread started off about the bad behaviour of NEW YORKERS. And I wasn't the one who started in on NYers acting up in "my area". So it morphed into parts of something else related to New York. Big deal. And hardly ridiculous.

> >

> > The fact is that many major laws start off in the northeast, if not in NY, and spread throughout the country once the rest of the country wakes up. Flori-duh isn't called that because it's "smart". The Sun-Sentinel (you remember newspapers, right ? LOL) had a weekly column called Flori-duh highlighting the stupidity in some of the laws (or lack of) and the idiotic things that come up all the time around here. And some others will simply resist because they don't want "them" telling us what "we" should do. Really smart. Or would that be ridiculous ?

> >

> > And BTW, I'll bet the communities that NYers descend on "like locusts" don't mind all the economic stimulation that brings. Reminds me of (most native) Floridians complaining about the Canadians (and other snowbirds of course) descending on SoFla from November to April. But they sure don't mind their taxes (among other costs) staying low because of all the money the snowbirds bring with them and leave behind.

> >

> > Enjoy your Sunday.

>

> I’ll sum up my opinion on the supposed tax influx that the outsiders bring. In short. They eat more than they produce.

>

>

> Sure. More money pours in , and they build bigger police stations , Beautify parks and pave the tourist area roads. But and it’s a huge BUT. The locals don’t want any of that. None. All their doing is ruining what’s here with bigger meto areas and crowding the good small school districts with new kids . My property taxes raise every year because of these. And I’m on a homestead exempt 5th generation farm. You will next say “ well if taxes go up , your property values rise “. Sure. But that’s useless if you intend to die and be buried on site. Random Yankees stop at my house yearly and try to waive money at us. Why ? Their horses need space. I’m always nice and say no thank you as long as I’m met with politeness. But it grates on you after a while. The nerve to stop and ask a family to move just gripes my ****.

>

> So in short. They do bring in cash. But they spend it on their wants , on themselves.

>

> Edit. So I’m sure someone will take that as me being down on all yanks. Nope. Several of my closest pals are from the NY /Connecticut area. But. I do still bristle at the idea that those invaders are doing is hillbilly’s a favor. How folks can’t see that attitude as an insult is beyond me. My attitude is bad as well on that subject. But. Mine is rooted in experience. Not odd/off assumptions.

>

> I went to a high school with a senior class of less than 700 kids. 24-5years later that same school has a graduating class last year of over 3k kids. Sure. They’ve built another new school. But it’s to accommodate the invasion. The school I went to there was only 8 years old. We had a new building and all facilities... but they had to build again since then. And make the old high school a middle school. Sure. Growth happens anyway. But not at the rate we are seeing it.

>

> And dude. Your last lines say it all. How can the community not mind the influx of foreigners , and yet complain at the same time. You de realized that the natives are the community and everyone else invited guests ? Right ? Sure politicians love it. They get to pad their pockets. Legalized bribery is all it is.

Do you know why they've invaded you blade? Some will say it's the weather, which is true. But the other reason is much lower taxes. They got tired of paying the obscene taxes to support all the nonsense they wanted or voted for from their government in one way or another over the decades.

> @bladehunter said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > > @nsxguy

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > That not the point but obviously you knew that before you tried to act offended. To answer your question, of course I am and have been since the age of 10 when I lost a 5 year old cousin and nearly list my aunt and her three daughters when someone coming at them reached for a piece if gum. You tried to make a point that 2+2= apple pie and that's ridiculous.

> > >

> > >

> > > Yes ridiculous as in how you are acting. Try to focus as it's you being ridiculous with your meandering story to try to make a point that is about as silly and far off topic as you can get. I expect better from you.

> >

> > If YOUR point was about blade's point and you wanted to add "NY'ers are like locusts", why the crack about NY laws being ridiculous. THAT was on point ? Isn't it you who wandered there ? So when you say something and someone responds they are off point ? But you weren't ? Ridiculous.

> >

> > Forum threads drift. That much is obvious, not ridiculous. This thread started off about the bad behaviour of NEW YORKERS. And I wasn't the one who started in on NYers acting up in "my area". So it morphed into parts of something else related to New York. Big deal. And hardly ridiculous.

> >

> > The fact is that many major laws start off in the northeast, if not in NY, and spread throughout the country once the rest of the country wakes up. Flori-duh isn't called that because it's "smart". The Sun-Sentinel (you remember newspapers, right ? LOL) had a weekly column called Flori-duh highlighting the stupidity in some of the laws (or lack of) and the idiotic things that come up all the time around here. And some others will simply resist because they don't want "them" telling us what "we" should do. Really smart. Or would that be ridiculous ?

> >

> > And BTW, I'll bet the communities that NYers descend on "like locusts" don't mind all the economic stimulation that brings. Reminds me of (most native) Floridians complaining about the Canadians (and other snowbirds of course) descending on SoFla from November to April. But they sure don't mind their taxes (among other costs) staying low because of all the money the snowbirds bring with them and leave behind.

> >

> > Enjoy your Sunday.

>

> I’ll sum up my opinion on the supposed tax influx that the outsiders bring. In short. They eat more than they produce.

>

>

> Sure. More money pours in , and they build bigger police stations , Beautify parks and pave the tourist area roads. But and it’s a huge BUT. The locals don’t want any of that. None. All their doing is ruining what’s here with bigger meto areas and crowding the good small school districts with new kids . My property taxes raise every year because of these. And I’m on a homestead exempt 5th generation farm. You will next say “ well if taxes go up , your property values rise “. Sure. But that’s useless if you intend to die and be buried on site. Random Yankees stop at my house yearly and try to waive money at us. Why ? Their horses need space. I’m always nice and say no thank you as long as I’m met with politeness. But it grates on you after a while. The nerve to stop and ask a family to move just gripes my ****.

>

> So in short. They do bring in cash. But they spend it on their wants , on themselves.

>

> Edit. So I’m sure someone will take that as me being down on all yanks. Nope. Several of my closest pals are from the NY /Connecticut area. But. I do still bristle at the idea that those invaders are doing is hillbilly’s a favor. How folks can’t see that attitude as an insult is beyond me. My attitude is bad as well on that subject. But. Mine is rooted in experience. Not odd/off assumptions.

>

> I went to a high school with a senior class of less than 700 kids. 24-5years later that same school has a graduating class last year of over 3k kids. Sure. They’ve built another new school. But it’s to accommodate the invasion. The school I went to there was only 8 years old. We had a new building and all facilities... but they had to build again since then. And make the old high school a middle school. Sure. Growth happens anyway. But not at the rate we are seeing it.

>

> And dude. Your last lines say it all. How can the community not mind the influx of foreigners , and yet complain at the same time. You de realized that the natives are the community and everyone else invited guests ? Right ? Sure politicians love it. They get to pad their pockets. Legalized bribery is all it is.

Wait til we move next door to you, blade!

Be like

> @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > @nsxguy

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Quick search says no. You cannot text. But it’s not illegal to hold a phone and talk or use gps. Appears they had a bill trying to go through Jan this year and now it’s dead as of April.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Not surprising. They tried to pass the seatbelt law for 10-15 years and finally got it through with a lie. A lie that said all our insurance rates would drop. They didn’t.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Another fun fact . I have to wear a seat belt in a car. But. You can ride a motorcycle with zero helmet in SC. Lol. How’s that make sense? I’ll tell you. The motorcycle lobby has deep enough pockets to keep it from passing.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > When I first decided to ride, over 30 years ago, I read a number of books about it first. I remember reading, about helmets, that anyone dumb enough to ride without one doesn't have anything worth protecting. Personally I did, and still do, believe that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > There was a helmet law passed in Flori-DUH some time back and there was so much bitching about it, you know, about "taking away our rights (to kill ourselves LOL), it was repealed and now no riders has to wear a brain bucket.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > IMO opinion, while texting while driving is now against the law in 48(?) states, a ban on using hand held phones isn't even close to 48 states and talking on a hand held phone, while not as dangerous as texting, is certainly in the ballpark. Yet so many states haven't passed the law.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > People don't move away from a greenlight because they're talking on their phones. They don't move out of the left lane. They don't realize they've got a green arrow. They change lanes without looking. They tailgate on I-95. ALL of these things and more. And why ? because they're talking on their phones. Ridiculous.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > New York passed it almost 20 years ago. NO hand held devices while driving. Period. Since this is a New York bashing thread and those New Yawkers shouldn't tell "us" how to do things [rolleyes], I just wondered what the "Southern Tier" thought about that sort of thing.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And that's ALL I'll say about it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Wow was that a long road to a muscle pulling stretch. Good God can we bring up **all of the ridiculous NY laws** as a counter-argument because that would be REALLY long.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Blade hit it on the head with how this particular group ( not all NYers) act when they move south and they have earned their reputation and then some. They are like locusts.

> > > > >

> > > > > "Ridiculous NY laws" ?

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you really not understand how dangerous distracted driving is ? What a threat it is to the driver and others in their cars ?

> > > > >

> > > > > But more importantly how dangerous it is to other drivers, who ARE paying attention ? Do you not realize that talking on a hand held cell phone is not the same as talking via a bluetooth device through your car's speaker's system ?

> > > > >

> > > > > Talk about "ridiculous". LOL

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > That not the point but obviously you knew that before you tried to act offended. To answer your question, of course I am and have been since the age of 10 when I lost a 5 year old cousin and nearly list my aunt and her three daughters when someone coming at them reached for a piece if gum. You tried to make a point that 2+2= apple pie and that's ridiculous.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yes ridiculous as in how you are acting. Try to focus as it's you being ridiculous with your meandering story to try to make a point that is about as silly and far off topic as you can get. I expect better from you.

> > >

> > > If YOUR point was about blade's point and you wanted to add "NY'ers are like locusts", why the crack about NY laws being ridiculous. THAT was on point ? Isn't it you who wandered there ? So when you say something and someone responds they are off point ? But you weren't ? Ridiculous.

> > >

> > > Forum threads drift. That much is obvious, not ridiculous. This thread started off about the bad behaviour of NEW YORKERS. And I wasn't the one who started in on NYers acting up in "my area". So it morphed into parts of something else related to New York. Big deal. And hardly ridiculous.

> > >

> > > The fact is that many major laws start off in the northeast, if not in NY, and spread throughout the country once the rest of the country wakes up. Flori-duh isn't called that because it's "smart". The Sun-Sentinel (you remember newspapers, right ? LOL) had a weekly column called Flori-duh highlighting the stupidity in some of the laws (or lack of) and the idiotic things that come up all the time around here. And some others will simply resist because they don't want "them" telling us what "we" should do. Really smart. Or would that be ridiculous ?

> > >

> > > And BTW, I'll bet the communities that NYers descend on "like locusts" don't mind all the economic stimulation that brings. Reminds me of (most native) Floridians complaining about the Canadians (and other snowbirds of course) descending on SoFla from November to April. But they sure don't mind their taxes (among other costs) staying low because of all the money the snowbirds bring with them and leave behind.

> > >

> > > Enjoy your Sunday.

> >

> > I’ll sum up my opinion on the supposed tax influx that the outsiders bring. In short. They eat more than they produce.

> >

> >

> > Sure. More money pours in , and they build bigger police stations , Beautify parks and pave the tourist area roads. But and it’s a huge BUT. The locals don’t want any of that. None. All their doing is ruining what’s here with bigger meto areas and crowding the good small school districts with new kids . My property taxes raise every year because of these. And I’m on a homestead exempt 5th generation farm. You will next say “ well if taxes go up , your property values rise “. Sure. But that’s useless if you intend to die and be buried on site. Random Yankees stop at my house yearly and try to waive money at us. Why ? Their horses need space. I’m always nice and say no thank you as long as I’m met with politeness. But it grates on you after a while. The nerve to stop and ask a family to move just gripes my ****.

> >

> > So in short. They do bring in cash. But they spend it on their wants , on themselves.

> >

> > Edit. So I’m sure someone will take that as me being down on all yanks. Nope. Several of my closest pals are from the NY /Connecticut area. But. I do still bristle at the idea that those invaders are doing is hillbilly’s a favor. How folks can’t see that attitude as an insult is beyond me. My attitude is bad as well on that subject. But. Mine is rooted in experience. Not odd/off assumptions.

> >

> > I went to a high school with a senior class of less than 700 kids. 24-5years later that same school has a graduating class last year of over 3k kids. Sure. They’ve built another new school. But it’s to accommodate the invasion. The school I went to there was only 8 years old. We had a new building and all facilities... but they had to build again since then. And make the old high school a middle school. Sure. Growth happens anyway. But not at the rate we are seeing it.

> >

> > And dude. Your last lines say it all. How can the community not mind the influx of foreigners , and yet complain at the same time. You de realized that the natives are the community and everyone else invited guests ? Right ? Sure politicians love it. They get to pad their pockets. Legalized bribery is all it is.

>

> Do you know why they've invaded you blade? Some will say it's the weather, which is true. But the other reason is much lower taxes. They got tired of paying the obscene taxes to support all the nonsense they wanted or voted for from their government in one way or another over the decades.

Oh I know. But. The crazy thing is. They want to vote those same things in here. As if somehow. Was or is free. Lol. That’s my entire point.

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bscinstnct said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > > > > @nsxguy

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Quick search says no. You cannot text. But it’s not illegal to hold a phone and talk or use gps. Appears they had a bill trying to go through Jan this year and now it’s dead as of April.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Not surprising. They tried to pass the seatbelt law for 10-15 years and finally got it through with a lie. A lie that said all our insurance rates would drop. They didn’t.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Another fun fact . I have to wear a seat belt in a car. But. You can ride a motorcycle with zero helmet in SC. Lol. How’s that make sense? I’ll tell you. The motorcycle lobby has deep enough pockets to keep it from passing.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > When I first decided to ride, over 30 years ago, I read a number of books about it first. I remember reading, about helmets, that anyone dumb enough to ride without one doesn't have anything worth protecting. Personally I did, and still do, believe that.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > There was a helmet law passed in Flori-DUH some time back and there was so much bitching about it, you know, about "taking away our rights (to kill ourselves LOL), it was repealed and now no riders has to wear a brain bucket.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > IMO opinion, while texting while driving is now against the law in 48(?) states, a ban on using hand held phones isn't even close to 48 states and talking on a hand held phone, while not as dangerous as texting, is certainly in the ballpark. Yet so many states haven't passed the law.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > People don't move away from a greenlight because they're talking on their phones. They don't move out of the left lane. They don't realize they've got a green arrow. They change lanes without looking. They tailgate on I-95. ALL of these things and more. And why ? because they're talking on their phones. Ridiculous.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > New York passed it almost 20 years ago. NO hand held devices while driving. Period. Since this is a New York bashing thread and those New Yawkers shouldn't tell "us" how to do things [rolleyes], I just wondered what the "Southern Tier" thought about that sort of thing.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And that's ALL I'll say about it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Wow was that a long road to a muscle pulling stretch. Good God can we bring up **all of the ridiculous NY laws** as a counter-argument because that would be REALLY long.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Blade hit it on the head with how this particular group ( not all NYers) act when they move south and they have earned their reputation and then some. They are like locusts.

> > > > >

> > > > > "Ridiculous NY laws" ?

> > > > >

> > > > > Do you really not understand how dangerous distracted driving is ? What a threat it is to the driver and others in their cars ?

> > > > >

> > > > > But more importantly how dangerous it is to other drivers, who ARE paying attention ? Do you not realize that talking on a hand held cell phone is not the same as talking via a bluetooth device through your car's speaker's system ?

> > > > >

> > > > > Talk about "ridiculous". LOL

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > That not the point but obviously you knew that before you tried to act offended. To answer your question, of course I am and have been since the age of 10 when I lost a 5 year old cousin and nearly list my aunt and her three daughters when someone coming at them reached for a piece if gum. You tried to make a point that 2+2= apple pie and that's ridiculous.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Yes ridiculous as in how you are acting. Try to focus as it's you being ridiculous with your meandering story to try to make a point that is about as silly and far off topic as you can get. I expect better from you.

> > >

> > > If YOUR point was about blade's point and you wanted to add "NY'ers are like locusts", why the crack about NY laws being ridiculous. THAT was on point ? Isn't it you who wandered there ? So when you say something and someone responds they are off point ? But you weren't ? Ridiculous.

> > >

> > > Forum threads drift. That much is obvious, not ridiculous. This thread started off about the bad behaviour of NEW YORKERS. And I wasn't the one who started in on NYers acting up in "my area". So it morphed into parts of something else related to New York. Big deal. And hardly ridiculous.

> > >

> > > The fact is that many major laws start off in the northeast, if not in NY, and spread throughout the country once the rest of the country wakes up. Flori-duh isn't called that because it's "smart". The Sun-Sentinel (you remember newspapers, right ? LOL) had a weekly column called Flori-duh highlighting the stupidity in some of the laws (or lack of) and the idiotic things that come up all the time around here. And some others will simply resist because they don't want "them" telling us what "we" should do. Really smart. Or would that be ridiculous ?

> > >

> > > And BTW, I'll bet the communities that NYers descend on "like locusts" don't mind all the economic stimulation that brings. Reminds me of (most native) Floridians complaining about the Canadians (and other snowbirds of course) descending on SoFla from November to April. But they sure don't mind their taxes (among other costs) staying low because of all the money the snowbirds bring with them and leave behind.

> > >

> > > Enjoy your Sunday.

> >

> > I’ll sum up my opinion on the supposed tax influx that the outsiders bring. In short. They eat more than they produce.

> >

> >

> > Sure. More money pours in , and they build bigger police stations , Beautify parks and pave the tourist area roads. But and it’s a huge BUT. The locals don’t want any of that. None. All their doing is ruining what’s here with bigger meto areas and crowding the good small school districts with new kids . My property taxes raise every year because of these. And I’m on a homestead exempt 5th generation farm. You will next say “ well if taxes go up , your property values rise “. Sure. But that’s useless if you intend to die and be buried on site. Random Yankees stop at my house yearly and try to waive money at us. Why ? Their horses need space. I’m always nice and say no thank you as long as I’m met with politeness. But it grates on you after a while. The nerve to stop and ask a family to move just gripes my ****.

> >

> > So in short. They do bring in cash. But they spend it on their wants , on themselves.

> >

> > Edit. So I’m sure someone will take that as me being down on all yanks. Nope. Several of my closest pals are from the NY /Connecticut area. But. I do still bristle at the idea that those invaders are doing is hillbilly’s a favor. How folks can’t see that attitude as an insult is beyond me. My attitude is bad as well on that subject. But. Mine is rooted in experience. Not odd/off assumptions.

> >

> > I went to a high school with a senior class of less than 700 kids. 24-5years later that same school has a graduating class last year of over 3k kids. Sure. They’ve built another new school. But it’s to accommodate the invasion. The school I went to there was only 8 years old. We had a new building and all facilities... but they had to build again since then. And make the old high school a middle school. Sure. Growth happens anyway. But not at the rate we are seeing it.

> >

> > And dude. Your last lines say it all. How can the community not mind the influx of foreigners , and yet complain at the same time. You de realized that the natives are the community and everyone else invited guests ? Right ? Sure politicians love it. They get to pad their pockets. Legalized bribery is all it is.

>

> Wait til we move next door to you, blade!

>

> Be like

>

>

Brother. I’d help you look for a property ! Lol. Come on down !

• Like 1

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @nsxguy said:

> > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > @buckeyefl said:

> > > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > @nsxguy

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Trust me I know all about distracted driving---- I see it every day being a professional truck driver--- Trust me up in a big truck you can spot them quick weaving across the line and running up on people's rear end. What has gotten to be a problem here is the little old blue haired ladies that can not drive to begin with driving 20 in a 45 with cell phone tucked firmly in ear.

>

> I'm sure you do. It's epidemic. Someone else mentioned that everybody(?) around him while stopped has a cell phone in their hands. I see this all the time as well.

>

> Stopped at a light in the 2nd row with 8 cars surrounding me and I'd say, on average, at least half of those drivers are on their cell phones waiting for the light - which in and of itself isn't a big deal - except that they seldom see the light change and then seemingly get offended when someone finally (~4 seconds) honks their horn (non-NYers are SO polite LOL).

>

> So, when traffic is heavy 3 or 4 cars don't make that green light and get stuck again at the red. Can you say "road rage" ? LOL

>

> I hope this doesn't offend buckeye but in 2011 I was in Myrtle Beach for that World Amateur tournament and 2 days before the tournament I was stopped behind a panel truck waiting to make a left turn into a strip mall on 3rd Ave South (1 lane each direction).

>

> There was a straightaway off the main road (501) where one barely had to slow down making the curving turn that ran about 2-300 yards before the spot I was stopped.

>

> I was stopped there waiting for about 15-20 seconds or so and happened to look up and saw in my rear view mirror a Chevy Blazer about 20 feet behind me that showed no indication of stopping.

>

> I grabbed the steering wheel and held on while the Blazer put my rear bumper almost into my back seat. No screech of tires, just the crash.

>

> Officer on the scene estimated about 40 mph or so at crash time. Fortunately I came out of it just a bit stunned. Same with the male driver of the Blazer (about 20 years old) and his GF in the front passenger seat. Nothing broken, nothing(really) bruised. Maybe "holding on" helped ? Don't know.

>

> Cops, ambulance and fire trucks all came and fortunately nobody had to go to the hospital although the officer in charge tried to insist on me going. During our conversation the officer told me "Kid was texting, no doubt". Certainly was no chance he was paying attention.

Trust me happens everyday on 501. I will not drive on 501 or 17 bypass unless I am in my big Mack 18 wheeler. Had someone killed Friday night on a motorcycle around the place you described. But he tried to do a U turn for some reason and a car and a Fed EX 18 wheeler got him

> @"BIG STU" said:

> > @nsxguy said:

> > > @"BIG STU" said:

> > > > @nsxguy said:

> > > > > > > @nsxguy

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Trust me I know all about distracted driving---- I see it every day being a professional truck driver--- Trust me up in a big truck you can spot them quick weaving across the line and running up on people's rear end. What has gotten to be a problem here is the little old blue haired ladies that can not drive to begin with driving 20 in a 45 with cell phone tucked firmly in ear.

> >

> > I'm sure you do. It's epidemic. Someone else mentioned that everybody(?) around him while stopped has a cell phone in their hands. I see this all the time as well.

> >

> > Stopped at a light in the 2nd row with 8 cars surrounding me and I'd say, on average, at least half of those drivers are on their cell phones waiting for the light - which in and of itself isn't a big deal - except that they seldom see the light change and then seemingly get offended when someone finally (~4 seconds) honks their horn (non-NYers are SO polite LOL).

> >

> > So, when traffic is heavy 3 or 4 cars don't make that green light and get stuck again at the red. Can you say "road rage" ? LOL

> >

> > I hope this doesn't offend buckeye but in 2011 I was in Myrtle Beach for that World Amateur tournament and 2 days before the tournament I was stopped behind a panel truck waiting to make a left turn into a strip mall on 3rd Ave South (1 lane each direction).

> >

> > There was a straightaway off the main road (501) where one barely had to slow down making the curving turn that ran about 2-300 yards before the spot I was stopped.

> >

> > I was stopped there waiting for about 15-20 seconds or so and happened to look up and saw in my rear view mirror a Chevy Blazer about 20 feet behind me that showed no indication of stopping.

> >

> > I grabbed the steering wheel and held on while the Blazer put my rear bumper almost into my back seat. No screech of tires, just the crash.

> >

> > Officer on the scene estimated about 40 mph or so at crash time. Fortunately I came out of it just a bit stunned. Same with the male driver of the Blazer (about 20 years old) and his GF in the front passenger seat. Nothing broken, nothing(really) bruised. Maybe "holding on" helped ? Don't know.

> >

> > Cops, ambulance and fire trucks all came and fortunately nobody had to go to the hospital although the officer in charge tried to insist on me going. During our conversation the officer told me "Kid was texting, no doubt". Certainly was no chance he was paying attention.

>

> Trust me happens everyday on 501. I will not drive on 501 or 17 bypass unless I am in my big Mack 18 wheeler. Had someone killed Friday night on a motorcycle around the place you described. But he tried to do a U turn for some reason and a car and a Fed EX 18 wheeler got him

damn ...