Ping “secret shoppers”

golfinguru11

> @"Mr. Hogan" said:

> > @BottleCap said:

> > > @Ripken08 said:

> > > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > @coops said:

> > > > > > @BottleCap said:

> > > > > > I thought Ping made their stuff in AZ, are they sending production to China?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > LOL.

> > > > >

> > > > > Literally.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I took a look around and they are made in China.

> > >

> > > Really? The 10 series (G10s and i10s) were the last true USA made models. They began transitioning to China with the 15 series. Don't get out much? :)

> >

> > I've never owned a Ping club, too expensive for me, kids take all my money

>

> Says Ping clubs too expensive.

>

> Has a tour Scotty Cameron in the bag.

>

> cbehqvktdy0e.gif

>

I got all mine 10 years ago when they were cheap and before I had the kids tuition payments emptying my pockets, like I said, kids take all the money.

Once they're all out, i'm going to buy stuff like the Titleist CNCPT, both sets

Taylormade Stealth Plus Mitsu Kai'li White 70S
Taylormade SIM2 15  Tour AD DI 8S
Mizuno MP 20 3-PW ProjectX 6.0
Vokey SM7 54S and 60M
Cameron Newport 2 CT
Titleist ProV1x Left dash

> @golfinguru11 said:

> > @Nessism said:

> > Shame on them for not giving you a discount! Bad Ping!

>

> Jury is still out on whether I get the discount. Some under the table shady stuff may or may not take place.

>

> I just thought it was hilarious to send secret shoppers into country club pro shops to police minimum sales prices.

Just tell your pro to give you a "trade-in" credit...

Epic Speed LS 🔷🔷🔷 9* Hzrdus Hulk Smoke 6.5TX 
X Hot 3 Deep 14.5* Matrix Ozik 8M2 X Flex
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 KBS 105X
T-MB 4 PX LS 7.0

Nike VR Pro Combo Pocket Cavity 5 Iron, 6-9 Blades Oban 125X
RTX Zip Core 46 Oban 125X

Vokey 50M KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 54V KBS Tour 130X

Vokey 60M KBS Tour 130X
Champions Choice Newport Plus MMT 135

> @GolfChannel said:

> Not throwing the thread starter under the bus, even as a Ping guy who is contemplating a combo set of BP’s with my iBlades, I think what he was trying to get at is the issue of the cost for the quality of the product. Not that it’s expensive, but in his mind it’s expensive for what it is (which is why it’s easy to string him up on the Cameron). He didn’t say the product was bad, but for what they cost the BP’s are really expensive versus the cheaper better options out there and I agree with that. Don’t get me wrong, the BP’s are excellent clubs or I wouldn’t even consider them for my bag, but if we’re talking current pure blade offerings they don’t hold a candle to the MP18 MB’s at a fraction of the cost and much better stock shaft options.

>

> Either way, I applaud Ping for listening and making the BP’s available to the masses when we thought they were likely to be a tour only offering. It’s the risk taking we have come to expect from Ping and I’m glad they continue to push the boundaries even if those offerings don’t always attract my interest (looking at you fugly Eye 2 Glide 3.0).

Exactly. It’s value for money that I question. I do applaud them for making left handed stuff though. Srixon (no lefty), Mizuno (no lefty), Honma (no lefty) and Wilson (no lefty until august) is sad.

The other guy has the tour Camerons, I play an odyssey and a bettinardi blade when feeling frisky. As for the mp18s, i agree 100%. If they made them in lefty I wouldn’t even be looking at blueprints.

• Like 1

Callaway Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 9.5* - Ventus TR Red 6x
Callaway Paradym 3w (@ 16*) - Ventus TR Red 7x
Callaway Paradym 7w (21*) - Ventus TR Red 8x
Srixon ZX7 (4-PW) - KBS Tour V 120x
Vokey SM8 Raw 52F,56D,60M - TI S400 
Odyssey 2-ball OG / Bettinardi DASS BBZero Flow / many more...

Lefty

> @br61 said:

> It happened to my club pro few years ago. An old lady came to my club supposely wanting to buy a club for her grandson's birthday present and both of my club pro was out playing in a PGA Midwest tournament. So this old baitch nagged the club pro employee to get a discount. He finally gave in then few months later Ping pulled my club pro's account because of this baitch nagging. Ping are like that and it's too bad because I will not buy anything from them ever and I don't think my club pro has sold much of Ping's products.

>

> I know they do good stuff for veterans but after this episode, I have no respect for Ping.

I feel like a perfectly reasonable response that should always be respected is "I'd love to but, I might get fired" or "I would love to, but we'd likely lose our ping account". If you say something like that and the customer doesn't understand, even begrudgingly, they are garbage people. Your 10%-30% off of a $1k purchase isn't worth someone's job

• Like 1

OP, vote with your dollars if you don't agree with Ping's business model. Complaining that you don't understand why they don't allow discounts is not a good look.

• Like 1

Paradym 10.5

Epic 3w 15

Callaway Apex UW 21*

Titelist T150

Callaway Jaws 5 50*, 54*

Cleve Zip 60*

Ping PLD3/Rahm Rossie S/TP Mills Fleetwood custom

> @kcsf said:

> OP, vote with your dollars if you don't agree with Ping's business model. Complaining that you don't understand why they don't allow discounts is not a good look.

It’s hilarious to me that they’d send in secret shoppers to country clubs, and not really a good look on their part.

Lefty

> @PINGfanGuy said:

> I bought a set of PING ie1 4-PW, GW at the largest golf retailer in Canada golftown last November on sale for $550 CAD. From what I can tell online these clubs retail for $900+ in Canada. So I guess it’s not impossible to get deals on PING gear.

Good price but those are a 2015 model. I think he's talking about current model clubs.

> @golfinguru11 said:

> > @kcsf said:

> > OP, vote with your dollars if you don't agree with Ping's business model. Complaining that you don't understand why they don't allow discounts is not a good look.

>

> It’s hilarious to me that they’d send in secret shoppers to country clubs, and not really a good look on their part.

They want to protect their pricing model so how else would you suggest they go about doing that? I’m guessing they don’t single out country clubs and hit everywhere that is a licensed Ping retailer. TempurPedic mattresses are the same way and Mattress Firm lost their Tempur account nationwide due to stores being too cavalier with the pricing and then thinking “we are too big for them to take our account”.

> @golfinguru11 said:

> > @kcsf said:

> > OP, vote with your dollars if you don't agree with Ping's business model. Complaining that you don't understand why they don't allow discounts is not a good look.

>

> It’s hilarious to me that they’d send in secret shoppers to country clubs, and not really a good look on their part.

I’m skeptical of secret shoppers sent by any manufacturer to country clubs. Why would they need to do this? An order is submitted and has to be paid for, every manufacturer can see what’s being paid for that set. The only way they wouldn’t know is if it was being ordered under employee pricing and sold to a non employee.

• Like 1

Ping G425 Max 10.5* - Diamana D+ Ltd 60TX
Ping G425 Max 16.5* - Diamana D+ Ltd 80TX 
Srixon ZX UT 2/3/4 - KBS C Taper Lite X
Srixon ZX7 5-P - KBS C Taper Lite X
Titleist SM8 Raw 50/54/58 - TI DG S400
Scotty Cameron 2020 Newport 2 

> @ATAlxndr said:

> > @golfinguru11 said:

> > > @kcsf said:

> > > OP, vote with your dollars if you don't agree with Ping's business model. Complaining that you don't understand why they don't allow discounts is not a good look.

> >

> > It’s hilarious to me that they’d send in secret shoppers to country clubs, and not really a good look on their part.

>

> I’m skeptical of secret shoppers sent by any manufacturer to country clubs. Why would they need to do this? An order is submitted and has to be paid for, every manufacturer can see what’s being paid for that set. The only way they wouldn’t know is if it was being ordered under employee pricing and sold to a non employee.

>

How would they know what a shop is charging? They only know the wholesale price they are selling them to the shop for.

> @iteachgolf said:

> > @ATAlxndr said:

> > > @golfinguru11 said:

> > > > @kcsf said:

> > > > OP, vote with your dollars if you don't agree with Ping's business model. Complaining that you don't understand why they don't allow discounts is not a good look.

> > >

> > > It’s hilarious to me that they’d send in secret shoppers to country clubs, and not really a good look on their part.

> >

> > I’m skeptical of secret shoppers sent by any manufacturer to country clubs. Why would they need to do this? An order is submitted and has to be paid for, every manufacturer can see what’s being paid for that set. The only way they wouldn’t know is if it was being ordered under employee pricing and sold to a non employee.

> >

>

> How would they know what a shop is charging? They only know the wholesale price they are selling them to the shop for.

PING could easily request the shops invoice for every order, which would show the customers price vs wholesale. This could alleviate the need for “secret shoppers”.

TSi2 10* w/ Trono 65x set at C1

TSi2 16.5* w/ Trono 75x set at C1

TSi2 18* w/ GD Tour AD BB 7s set at C1

VEGA VDC-01 Raw 4-P w/ Modus 120S

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

LAB DF 2.1 w/ Stability Shaft

Bridgestone Tour BXS

> @Shipwreck said:

> > @iteachgolf said:

> > > @ATAlxndr said:

> > > > @golfinguru11 said:

> > > > > @kcsf said:

> > > > > OP, vote with your dollars if you don't agree with Ping's business model. Complaining that you don't understand why they don't allow discounts is not a good look.

> > > >

> > > > It’s hilarious to me that they’d send in secret shoppers to country clubs, and not really a good look on their part.

> > >

> > > I’m skeptical of secret shoppers sent by any manufacturer to country clubs. Why would they need to do this? An order is submitted and has to be paid for, every manufacturer can see what’s being paid for that set. The only way they wouldn’t know is if it was being ordered under employee pricing and sold to a non employee.

> > >

> >

> > How would they know what a shop is charging? They only know the wholesale price they are selling them to the shop for.

>

> PING could easily request the shops invoice for every order, which would show the customers price vs wholesale. This could alleviate the need for “secret shoppers”.

And the pro shops could send Ping "dummy" invoices showing that the member paid full "msrp" when they actually bought them for 30% off!

Lot of different ways around it, but the club better know who they are selling to.

Like someone else mentioned... Its not worth someones job and not worth losing a ping acct.

This is how Ping chooses to do business and if people dont like it, then they can go buy titleist or whatever??? Don't think Ping really gives a rats a**!

> @indianalawnguy said:

> > @Shipwreck said:

> > > @iteachgolf said:

> > > > @ATAlxndr said:

> > > > > @golfinguru11 said:

> > > > > > @kcsf said:

> > > > > > OP, vote with your dollars if you don't agree with Ping's business model. Complaining that you don't understand why they don't allow discounts is not a good look.

> > > > >

> > > > > It’s hilarious to me that they’d send in secret shoppers to country clubs, and not really a good look on their part.

> > > >

> > > > I’m skeptical of secret shoppers sent by any manufacturer to country clubs. Why would they need to do this? An order is submitted and has to be paid for, every manufacturer can see what’s being paid for that set. The only way they wouldn’t know is if it was being ordered under employee pricing and sold to a non employee.

> > > >

> > >

> > > How would they know what a shop is charging? They only know the wholesale price they are selling them to the shop for.

> >

> > PING could easily request the shops invoice for every order, which would show the customers price vs wholesale. This could alleviate the need for “secret shoppers”.

>

> And the pro shops could send Ping "dummy" invoices showing that the member paid full "msrp" when they actually bought them for 30% off!

> Lot of different ways around it, but the club better know who they are selling to.

> Like someone else mentioned... Its not worth someones job and not worth losing a ping acct.

> This is how Ping chooses to do business and if people dont like it, then they can go buy titleist or whatever??? Don't think Ping really gives a rats ****!

In today’s technology age, PING could create an online portal that forces their carriers to go through the site to put in orders. The credit card could be charged through this site and be direct deposited into the pro shops account.

I will concede though that there is no “fool proof” way of preventing a shop from giving a discount, as the forever looming fear of losing their PING account is always there.

Either way it affects me in exactly zero ways.

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

> @golfinguru11 said:

> Exactly. It’s value for money that I question. I do applaud them for making left handed stuff though. Srixon (no lefty), Mizuno (no lefty), Honma (no lefty) and Wilson (no lefty until august) is sad.

>

Srixon, Mizuno, Honma, Wilson all make left hand clubs. In all models and club types? No. However all of the brands you say do not produce left handed clubs actually do.

> @Shipwreck said:

> > @indianalawnguy said:

> > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > @iteachgolf said:

> > > > > @ATAlxndr said:

> > > > > > @golfinguru11 said:

> > > > > > > @kcsf said:

> > > > > > > OP, vote with your dollars if you don't agree with Ping's business model. Complaining that you don't understand why they don't allow discounts is not a good look.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It’s hilarious to me that they’d send in secret shoppers to country clubs, and not really a good look on their part.

> > > > >

> > > > > I’m skeptical of secret shoppers sent by any manufacturer to country clubs. Why would they need to do this? An order is submitted and has to be paid for, every manufacturer can see what’s being paid for that set. The only way they wouldn’t know is if it was being ordered under employee pricing and sold to a non employee.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > How would they know what a shop is charging? They only know the wholesale price they are selling them to the shop for.

> > >

> > > PING could easily request the shops invoice for every order, which would show the customers price vs wholesale. This could alleviate the need for “secret shoppers”.

> >

> > And the pro shops could send Ping "dummy" invoices showing that the member paid full "msrp" when they actually bought them for 30% off!

> > Lot of different ways around it, but the club better know who they are selling to.

> > Like someone else mentioned... Its not worth someones job and not worth losing a ping acct.

> > This is how Ping chooses to do business and if people dont like it, then they can go buy titleist or whatever??? Don't think Ping really gives a rats ****!

>

> In today’s technology age, PING could create an online portal that forces their carriers to go through the site to put in orders. The credit card could be charged through this site and be direct deposited into the pro shops account.

>

> I will concede though that there is no “fool proof” way of preventing a shop from giving a discount, as the forever looming fear of losing their PING account is always there.

>

> Either way it affects me in exactly zero ways.

This wasnt the case 15 years ago when i was a golf professional and dealing with Ping every few days, but i you are exactly right! Im sure they have somthing in place to keep the aact holders honest! Getting tougher everyday to pull the wool over someones eyes!

> @cardia10 said:

> I honestly think it is exactly opposite. This no discount policy creates some idea that quality and resale value should be more. In the end, they are now made in China like every other manufacturing company. You can talk R&D all you want, but all you are doing is paying a few engineers to come up with ideas and see what sticks. There is no magic to it. Then send it to china and they pump our cast heads for $4-8 each and forged heads at $15-25 each. Their reputation is barely holding on from 20 years ago and I'd bet their sales reflect that.

>

> > @cgasucks said:

> > > @MtlJeff said:

> > > OEMs that discount their clubs willy nilly are typically raked over the coals even worse.

> > >

> > > **I think Pings prices are a bit high but you know you're paying what 97% of people will**

> > >

> > Even though I rarely buy new clubs (mostly used) Ping's stellar reputation for quality and service and high resale value justifies their clubs to be strictly sold at their suggested retail price and not a cent less (or a cent more).

> >

>

>

Pings reputation is doing just fine.

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

> @cardia10 said:

>Their reputation [Ping] is barely holding on from 20 years ago and I'd bet their sales reflect that.

>

This may be the stupidest sentence ever written on Golf WRX.

• Like 1
Clubs: Ping G400 Max • Callaway 816 5w • Ping i25 3-W • Ping Rustique 50* & 58* • Betti BB1 Short Slant
Shafts: Aldila Rogue White 60x • PX 8B4 • DGTI x100 • DG s300
Balls: Titleist Pro V1 • Srixon Z Star XV

> @Shipwreck said:

> > @indianalawnguy said:

> > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > @iteachgolf said:

> > > > > @ATAlxndr said:

> > > > > > @golfinguru11 said:

> > > > > > > @kcsf said:

> > > > > > > OP, vote with your dollars if you don't agree with Ping's business model. Complaining that you don't understand why they don't allow discounts is not a good look.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It’s hilarious to me that they’d send in secret shoppers to country clubs, and not really a good look on their part.

> > > > >

> > > > > I’m skeptical of secret shoppers sent by any manufacturer to country clubs. Why would they need to do this? An order is submitted and has to be paid for, every manufacturer can see what’s being paid for that set. The only way they wouldn’t know is if it was being ordered under employee pricing and sold to a non employee.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > How would they know what a shop is charging? They only know the wholesale price they are selling them to the shop for.

> > >

> > > PING could easily request the shops invoice for every order, which would show the customers price vs wholesale. This could alleviate the need for “secret shoppers”.

> >

> > And the pro shops could send Ping "dummy" invoices showing that the member paid full "msrp" when they actually bought them for 30% off!

> > Lot of different ways around it, but the club better know who they are selling to.

> > Like someone else mentioned... Its not worth someones job and not worth losing a ping acct.

> > This is how Ping chooses to do business and if people dont like it, then they can go buy titleist or whatever??? Don't think Ping really gives a rats ****!

>

> In today’s technology age, PING could create an online portal that forces their carriers to go through the site to put in orders. The credit card could be charged through this site and be direct deposited into the pro shops account.

So you want to go to a straight direct from the manufacturer buying policy?

> @alexdub said:

> > @cardia10 said:

> >Their reputation [Ping] is barely holding on from 20 years ago and I'd bet their sales reflect that.

> >

>

> This may be the stupidest sentence ever written on Golf WRX.

As bad as it is, it's not even in the top 10. :)

• Like 2

Ping G430 Max 10.5

Ping G430 5&7 Wood

Ping G430 19°,22° Hybrids

PXG Gen 6 XP's 7-SW

Ping Glide 58ES Wedge

Ping PLD DS72 

If a person gets mad at you for telling the truth, they're living a lie.

> @grm24 said:

> > @golfinguru11 said:

> > Exactly. It’s value for money that I question. I do applaud them for making left handed stuff though. Srixon (no lefty), Mizuno (no lefty), Honma (no lefty) and Wilson (no lefty until august) is sad.

> >

> Srixon, Mizuno, Honma, Wilson all make left hand clubs. In all models and club types? No. However all of the brands you say do not produce left handed clubs actually do.

>

im talking about their latest model blades.

Lefty

> @golfinguru11 said:

> > @BottleCap said:

> > > @golfinguru11 said:

> > > > @Nessism said:

> > > > Shame on them for not giving you a discount! Bad Ping!

> > >

> > > Jury is still out on whether I get the discount. Some under the table shady stuff may or may not take place.

> > >

> > > I just thought it was hilarious to send secret shoppers into country club pro shops to police minimum sales prices.

> >

> > How do they even get to the pro shop? Don't they have to get in the door first?

>

> The pro shop is open to the public. We actually host an LPGA event, so more than used to outsiders wandering around.

Pfft, your club is obviously a dump if outsiders are alowed to wander around the pro shop. Step up and join a real exclusive club. Weak.

> @14mh said:

> > @Shipwreck said:

> > > @indianalawnguy said:

> > > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > > @iteachgolf said:

> > > > > > @ATAlxndr said:

> > > > > > > @golfinguru11 said:

> > > > > > > > @kcsf said:

> > > > > > > > OP, vote with your dollars if you don't agree with Ping's business model. Complaining that you don't understand why they don't allow discounts is not a good look.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It’s hilarious to me that they’d send in secret shoppers to country clubs, and not really a good look on their part.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I’m skeptical of secret shoppers sent by any manufacturer to country clubs. Why would they need to do this? An order is submitted and has to be paid for, every manufacturer can see what’s being paid for that set. The only way they wouldn’t know is if it was being ordered under employee pricing and sold to a non employee.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > How would they know what a shop is charging? They only know the wholesale price they are selling them to the shop for.

> > > >

> > > > PING could easily request the shops invoice for every order, which would show the customers price vs wholesale. This could alleviate the need for “secret shoppers”.

> > >

> > > And the pro shops could send Ping "dummy" invoices showing that the member paid full "msrp" when they actually bought them for 30% off!

> > > Lot of different ways around it, but the club better know who they are selling to.

> > > Like someone else mentioned... Its not worth someones job and not worth losing a ping acct.

> > > This is how Ping chooses to do business and if people dont like it, then they can go buy titleist or whatever??? Don't think Ping really gives a rats ****!

> >

> > In today’s technology age, PING could create an online portal that forces their carriers to go through the site to put in orders. The credit card could be charged through this site and be direct deposited into the pro shops account.

>

> So you want to go to a straight direct from the manufacturer buying policy?

>

Not necessarily. Clubs still charge MSRP pricing as set forth by PING, but the ordering and invoicing must be done online direct through a site created by PING as to eliminate any discount issues that clubs run into.

Although I wouldn’t be upset if club manufacturers started doing what Ben Hogan is doing. Direct to seller and eliminate the middle man, thus lowering the prices (hopefully)

Edel SMS 52 T Grind

Edel SMS 56 T Grind

Edel SMS 60 T Grind

Bridgestone Tour BXS

> @Shipwreck said:

> > @14mh said:

> > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > @indianalawnguy said:

> > > > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > > > @iteachgolf said:

> > > > > > > @ATAlxndr said:

> > > > > > > > @golfinguru11 said:

> > > > > > > > > @kcsf said:

> > > > > > > > > OP, vote with your dollars if you don't agree with Ping's business model. Complaining that you don't understand why they don't allow discounts is not a good look.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It’s hilarious to me that they’d send in secret shoppers to country clubs, and not really a good look on their part.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I’m skeptical of secret shoppers sent by any manufacturer to country clubs. Why would they need to do this? An order is submitted and has to be paid for, every manufacturer can see what’s being paid for that set. The only way they wouldn’t know is if it was being ordered under employee pricing and sold to a non employee.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How would they know what a shop is charging? They only know the wholesale price they are selling them to the shop for.

> > > > >

> > > > > PING could easily request the shops invoice for every order, which would show the customers price vs wholesale. This could alleviate the need for “secret shoppers”.

> > > >

> > > > And the pro shops could send Ping "dummy" invoices showing that the member paid full "msrp" when they actually bought them for 30% off!

> > > > Lot of different ways around it, but the club better know who they are selling to.

> > > > Like someone else mentioned... Its not worth someones job and not worth losing a ping acct.

> > > > This is how Ping chooses to do business and if people dont like it, then they can go buy titleist or whatever??? Don't think Ping really gives a rats ****!

> > >

> > > In today’s technology age, PING could create an online portal that forces their carriers to go through the site to put in orders. The credit card could be charged through this site and be direct deposited into the pro shops account.

> >

> > So you want to go to a straight direct from the manufacturer buying policy?

> >

>

> Not necessarily. Clubs still charge MSRP pricing as set forth by PING, but the ordering and invoicing must be done online direct through a site created by PING as to eliminate any discount issues that clubs run into.

>

> Although I wouldn’t be upset if club manufacturers started doing what Ben Hogan is doing. Direct to seller and eliminate the middle man, thus lowering the prices (hopefully)

> @Shipwreck said:

> > @14mh said:

> > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > > > > > > OP, vote with your dollars if you don't agree with Ping's business model. Complaining that you don't understand why they don't allow discounts is not a good look.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It’s hilarious to me that they’d send in secret shoppers to country clubs, and not really a good look on their part.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I’m skeptical of secret shoppers sent by any manufacturer to country clubs. Why would they need to do this? An order is submitted and has to be paid for, every manufacturer can see what’s being paid for that set. The only way they wouldn’t know is if it was being ordered under employee pricing and sold to a non employee.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > How would they know what a shop is charging? They only know the wholesale price they are selling them to the shop for.

> > > > >

> > > > > PING could easily request the shops invoice for every order, which would show the customers price vs wholesale. This could alleviate the need for “secret shoppers”.

> > > >

> > > > And the pro shops could send Ping "dummy" invoices showing that the member paid full "msrp" when they actually bought them for 30% off!

> > > > Lot of different ways around it, but the club better know who they are selling to.

> > > > Like someone else mentioned... Its not worth someones job and not worth losing a ping acct.

> > > > This is how Ping chooses to do business and if people dont like it, then they can go buy titleist or whatever??? Don't think Ping really gives a rats ****!

> > >

> > > In today’s technology age, PING could create an online portal that forces their carriers to go through the site to put in orders. The credit card could be charged through this site and be direct deposited into the pro shops account.

> >

> >

>

> Not necessarily. Clubs still charge MSRP pricing as set forth by PING, but the ordering and invoicing must be done online direct through a site created by PING as to eliminate any discount issues that clubs run into.

>

> Although I wouldn’t be upset if club manufacturers started doing what Ben Hogan is doing. Direct to seller and eliminate the middle man, thus lowering the prices (hopefully)

I don’t even care about the products being cheaper - I’d love it if I could order direct from Ping, even if it were at the same price I’m paying now. It’s certainly a good reason for Ping retailers to follow their pricing structure, it protects the retailers rather than Ping just going with a direct to the customer ordering model online and cutting out the middle man. Clubs shouldn’t be circumventing the rules just to facilitate one sale, because in theory they are offering the best price possible. Even if it is for a country club member that feels entitled to it, or a relentlessly nagging grandmother. The reason Ping invests the time and energy into having secret shoppers checking in on their accounts is to be able to assure the others that are following the rules that they will not be undercut by an unscrupulous account holder. If someone doesn’t like it, Ping’s attitude is “take it or leave it”, and as always you’re welcome to voice your opinion with your wallet.

**Driver:** TaylorMade SIM Max 9° **|** Ventus Black 7 Velocore **3wd:** Titleist TS2 15° (C1) **|** Diamana D+ LTD 70 **Hybrid:** Callaway Apex 18° **|** AD-DI 95 **Irons:** Mizuno MP 18 Fli Hi 4 iron **|** AD-DI 95**/** JPX 919 Forged 5-PW **|** Recoil 95 **Wedges:** Vokey SM8 raw 50°F (Handground S), 54°S, 58°M (Handground A) **|** DG Black Onyx **Putters:** Byron Morgan DH 89 WITB: https://forums.golfwrx.com/discussion/1505670/goirish17s-witb-updated-end-of-page-2#latest

> @Shipwreck said:

> > @14mh said:

> > > @Shipwreck said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

>

>

Or they could just rebate the member on a separate invoice. Plenty of ways around the pricing policy if they so desire.

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

> @golfinguru11 said:

> > @GolfChannel said:

> > Not throwing the thread starter under the bus, even as a Ping guy who is contemplating a combo set of BP’s with my iBlades, I think what he was trying to get at is the issue of the cost for the quality of the product. Not that it’s expensive, but in his mind it’s expensive for what it is (which is why it’s easy to string him up on the Cameron). He didn’t say the product was bad, but for what they cost the BP’s are really expensive versus the cheaper better options out there and I agree with that. Don’t get me wrong, the BP’s are excellent clubs or I wouldn’t even consider them for my bag, but if we’re talking current pure blade offerings they don’t hold a candle to the MP18 MB’s at a fraction of the cost and much better stock shaft options.

> >

> > Either way, I applaud Ping for listening and making the BP’s available to the masses when we thought they were likely to be a tour only offering. It’s the risk taking we have come to expect from Ping and I’m glad they continue to push the boundaries even if those offerings don’t always attract my interest (looking at you fugly Eye 2 Glide 3.0).

>

> Exactly. It’s value for money that I question. I do applaud them for making left handed stuff though. Srixon (no lefty), Mizuno (no lefty), Honma (no lefty) and Wilson (no lefty until august) is sad.

>

> The other guy has the tour Camerons, I play an odyssey and a bettinardi blade when feeling frisky. As for the mp18s, i agree 100%. If they made them in lefty I wouldn’t even be looking at blueprints.

I am sure you already know this but it is just a business decision to not make the left blades. A small portion of the market(lefty) wants a even smaller portion of the market(blades).

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar