2024 Wells Fargo Championship WITB Photos ×

Where are you playing tomorrow - Chicago (Round 3)

stasek

27 minutes ago, DavePelz4 said:

Wow...you're alive???? Hope the girls are great and the biz is still kicking butt!

Barely alive!  Girls are fantastic and getting older and the business is mostly kicking my butt lol!

May have caught the bug again. Just built a sim in my garage. You may see more of me this year…

Miss you and hope things are well!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chanceman said:

Yes, golf trip next September. We fly in to Chicago 29/30 August then head out 31 August. So Friday August 30 is a day we can play somewhere like DG. 

The rest of our trip is like I have said elsewhere: 

The Warren Course at Notre Dame

Pilgrims Run

Arcadia Bluffs/South

Forest Dunes/ The Loops

Belvedere.

Greywalls

Sand Valley/Mammoth

One of Wild Rock, Washington County or Mascoutin (yet to decide, depends on some things)

Erin Hills

Lawsonia Links

Eagle Springs 9

Thunderhawk

Cog Hill (Dubs)

A few days off eg to see the Packers HOF and the Harley Davidson museum.

I think it’s a pretty good trip.

id play 9 at arrowhead, Schaumburg or village links long before id play at DG. 

On 12/16/2023 at 2:12 AM, Chanceman said:

Yes, golf trip next September. We fly in to Chicago 29/30 August then head out 31 August. So Friday August 30 is a day we can play somewhere like DG. 

The rest of our trip is like I have said elsewhere: 

The Warren Course at Notre Dame

Pilgrims Run

Arcadia Bluffs/South

Forest Dunes/ The Loops

Belvedere.

Greywalls

Sand Valley/Mammoth

One of Wild Rock, Washington County or Mascoutin (yet to decide, depends on some things)

Erin Hills

Lawsonia Links

Eagle Springs 9

Thunderhawk

Cog Hill (Dubs)

A few days off eg to see the Packers HOF and the Harley Davidson museum.

I think its a pretty good trip.

Were you unable to get a Lido time? Not that you asked, but I'd rather play 3 or 4 rounds at SV (Lido, MD, SV, Sedge if open) than the 3 courses you listed after and Lawsonia. Trip looks unreal! I wouldn't want to skip those. 

21 hours ago, Chanceman said:

I see Tam O’Shanter is rated Chicago’s #1 nine hole golf course by Chicago Golf Report. Maybe that’s the one to go for? Anyone played it recently?

Tam O isn’t much. It’s got some history as the site of the first televised golf event in the area but the course itself is pretty uninspiring. 

• Like 1

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

21 hours ago, Chanceman said:

I see Tam O’Shanter is rated Chicago’s #1 nine hole golf course by Chicago Golf Report. Maybe that’s the one to go for? Anyone played it recently?

Always liked River Bend GC in Lisle. Plenty of trouble with wetlands and trees. Felt more like half an eighteen hole course than a pitch and putt. 

Fairly easy to get to from I-355 and I-88. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ping G425 Max Driver 12 (0 Flat) - Aldila Ascent Red 50 Stiff (46")
TaylorMade AeroBurner Mini Driver 16 - Matrix Speed RUL-Z 60 Stiff
Ping G410 7wd 20.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (43")
Ping G410 9wd 23.5 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 65 Stiff (42.5")
Ping G425 6h 30 (0 Flat) - Alta CB 70 Stiff
PXG 0311P Gen3 6-P (2 Deg Weak, 1 Deg Flat) - True Temper Elevate 95 S /

Ping i200 6-P Orange Dot (2 Deg Weak, 2 Deg Flat) - True Temper XP 95 S
Ping Glide 4.0 52-12 S, 56-10 Eye2, and 60-10 S Orange Dot (2 Deg Flat) - Ping Z-Z115 Wedge
PXG Blackjack 36" - SuperStroker Flatso 2.0

3 hours ago, mci711 said:

Were you unable to get a Lido time? Not that you asked, but I'd rather play 3 or 4 rounds at SV (Lido, MD, SV, Sedge if open) than the 3 courses you listed after and Lawsonia. Trip looks unreal! I wouldn't want to skip those. 

Have asked several times for the Lido and same answer. But you never know! For the rest it’s time and money.

16 minutes ago, Argonne69 said:

Always liked River Bend GC in Lisle. Plenty of trouble with wetlands and trees. Felt more like half an eighteen hole course than a pitch and putt.

... Right there with you. I always felt playing nine was like a tryst with no climax. 🙄  But if I had to play only 9, all things considered River Bend and Village Links are about the only two near Naperville I would play. 

• Like 1

Driver:       TM Qi10 ... AutoFlex Dream 7 SF405
Fairway:    TM Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:    Ping G430 22* ... Alta CB Black 70r
                  TM Dhy #4 ... Diamana LTD 65r

Irons:         Titleist T200 '23 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:    Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:       Cobra King Sport-60
Ball:           2024 TP5x/2023 Maxfli Tour

Observations:

one of the local courses here is built in a residential area, and all of the paved paths are used by the surrounding residents for walking, being out with their dogs, etc.

obviously during golf - they take themselves out of the way.

the course is closed for the season and there's a sign posted near the clubhouse saying same.

watched a threesome and later a single playing this morning.

one of the course staff lives a stone's throw (or a pull hook) from the place and also noted the activity.

thoughts?

currently playing:
FT-5 - D
Cally FT hybrids
Hogan Edge GS, 4-PW
Vokey Oil Can 52, 56
Ping Anser 2

TM FlexTech Lite/Titleist StaDry

1 hour ago, @_the_crook said:

Observations:

one of the local courses here is built in a residential area, and all of the paved paths are used by the surrounding residents for walking, being out with their dogs, etc.

the course is closed for the season and there's a sign posted near the clubhouse saying same.

one of the course staff lives a stone's throw (or a pull hook) from the place and also noted the activity.

thoughts?

The threesome probably had more than a few strokes. Oh wait!

[size=3]Vapor Speed Driver
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 13* FW[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade 2017 M2 15* FW[/size]
[size=3]Cobra King Pro Forged Black CB/MB 4-PW[/size]
[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]TaylorMade TP Collection Berwick
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

Merry Christmas Midwest Golfers! May Santa bring you some wonderful weapons of fairway and green destruction.

• Like 1

[size=3]Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 52/9, [/size][size=3]56/10, [/size][size=3]60/9[/size]
[size=3]BOOM![/size]

17 hours ago, @_the_crook said:

Observations:

thoughts?

What do they consider it when a store is closed and you enter it to "shop"?

Edited by MountainKing

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade Stealth 19* Hybrid

Taylormade Stealth 22* Hybrid

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

On 12/24/2023 at 3:44 PM, @_the_crook said:

Observations:

thoughts?

You’ll have to name the course…otherwise one’s 2 cents is worth a little less.  

54 minutes ago, @_the_crook said:

Sunset Valley

My 2 cents…if the course isn’t spending any overhead to keep maintenance up or paying any employee to be there on a 55 degree day in December, then they aren’t worried about a few people going out without paying.  The salaried Head Pro could easily be there if that was the case.

One park district course up there (Chick Evans??) used to tell the pro, whatever green fees he could collect in the winter were all his, they never forecasted revenue in Dec.

2 hours ago, psygolf said:

My 2 cents…if the course isn’t spending any overhead to keep maintenance up or paying any employee to be there on a 55 degree day in December, then they aren’t worried about a few people going out without paying.  The salaried Head Pro could easily be there if that was the case.

One park district course up there (Chick Evans??) used to tell the pro, whatever green fees he could collect in the winter were all his, they never forecasted revenue in Dec.

So theft and trespassing are good if weather permits.  Nice.

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

1 hour ago, MountainKing said:

So theft and trespassing are good if weather permits.  Nice.

Sunset was open the day before & will reopen 1st week in January according to their website.

a couple of people showing up to play is harmless, you’re assuming that it was their intent to head to Sunset for a free round.

we are also assuming that none were employees or friends of employees that were playing with permission.

No different than a member of a private club bringing a friend out on his course on a unseasonably warm winter day for a stroll, when there is no one around to alert on Christmas Eve of the guest because everyone has the day off.

There are some golfers that tee off at the crack of dawn, then walk in to the shop after playing to pay their green fees.

Long story…let’s not make the simple assumption that those seen on the course were thieves.

8 hours ago, psygolf said:

Sunset was open the day before & will reopen 1st week in January according to their website.

a couple of people showing up to play is harmless, you’re assuming that it was their intent to head to Sunset for a free round.

we are also assuming that none were employees or friends of employees that were playing with permission.

No different than a member of a private club bringing a friend out on his course on a unseasonably warm winter day for a stroll, when there is no one around to alert on Christmas Eve of the guest because everyone has the day off.

There are some golfers that tee off at the crack of dawn, then walk in to the shop after playing to pay their green fees.

Long story…let’s not make the simple assumption that those seen on the course were thieves.

As somebody who worked at a course that did close over the winter months people sneaking on was always an issue.  I don't think people realize that a lot of courses that do close, still have somebody manning the pro shop.  Our directive was leave it to law enforcement, and depending on the situation sometimes we'd just need them removed, sometimes we'd get em with trespassing or even theft of service if they were repeat offenders. The course being open the day before or after has zero relevance, as does comparing it to a private club since they are funded and insured very different from public courses.  They could have gotten permission, but with the way insurance works, it's pretty unlikely.   I'm sure they had no ill intent when going out that day, but if the course is closed, move on and go somewhere that isn't.  Unlike the crack of dawn guy - I doubt these guys drove back a day later to pay their fees.

• Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

1 hour ago, MountainKing said:

As somebody who worked at a course that did close over the winter months people sneaking on was always an issue.  I don't think people realize that a lot of courses that do close, still have somebody manning the pro shop.  Our directive was leave it to law enforcement, and depending on the situation sometimes we'd just need them removed, sometimes we'd get em with trespassing or even theft of service if they were repeat offenders. The course being open the day before or after has zero relevance, as does comparing it to a private club since they are funded and insured very different from public courses.  They could have gotten permission, but with the way insurance works, it's pretty unlikely.   I'm sure they had no ill intent when going out that day, but if the course is closed, move on and go somewhere that isn't.  Unlike the crack of dawn guy - I doubt these guys drove back a day later to pay their fees.

In my world it is not ok to involve the police to remove some golf nuts on the course in the winter time.

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

In my world it is not ok to involve the police to remove some golf nuts on the course in the winter time.

Your world only matters if it's your course, and you're running it.  Very unlikely the "my world" excuse would fly in front of a judge.

Edited by MountainKing
  • Like 1

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy

When I was younger and dumber, I snuck (trespassed, really) onto a municipal course that was closed for Christmas Day. There was a big "COURSE CLOSED" sign near the first tee, the shop was locked, and the parking lot was empty; there was no mistaking the fact that it was closed. I thought I was clever, parking my car behind a large dumpster enclosure out of sight from the rest of the lot and main road. I made it to #2 fairway which paralleled a busy road when a police officer driving along the road spotted me, pulled over, and used his loudspeaker to tell me I had 15 minutes to get off the property or I'd be charged with trespassing, and he'd be waiting for me in the parking lot. I had no business being out there, it was my own selfishness that led me to do it. That was the first and last time I attempted to sneak on to a closed course.

Would it have been different if I were the superintendent going out to play on my own course on a day it was closed? If I had a card from the mayor that said "Bonneville85308 is allowed to play the course for free on Christmas Day"? If I slipped a $20 in the pro shop mail slot? Doesn't matter, none of those applied. I was just thinking I was working an angle and could get a quick free round without anyone noticing. 

Edited by Bonneville85308
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, MountainKing said:

Your world only matters if it's your course, and you're running it.  Very unlikely the "my world" excuse would fly in front of a judge.

You’re trying to equate this to a dine & dash…and that’s not the case.

Police have more important things to do than chase golfers on a golf course and charge them with trespassing …I’d be surprised if that ever happen at the course you worked at in December.

Mistwood Dome Thursday night. Hope the greens are running true.

• Like 2

[size=3]BOOM![/size]

I’ve been listening to every Michigan fan I know try and justify away the Conor Stallions thing. “It’s an antiquated rule that was such a nonissue the NCAA almost got rid of it.” “A cell phone video from 100 feet away or more can’t provide more sign info than game film.” “Ohio State and Rutgers passing along Michigan’s signs to Purdue before the Big 10 Championship Game in 2022 is just as bad.” Listen, regardless of whether or not one thinks the rule is dumb, it’s the rule. Same with trespassing on a golf course. People can justify all they want. “The weather is excellent.” “It was open yesterday.” “The cops should have bigger things to worry about.” Bottom line is, if the course is very clearly closed and people are still playing on it, that’s trespassing. Hard stop. There are about a dozen courses in the area open year round. Go play at GDN, Sanctuary, Andrews, Jemsek, Highland Woods, Cog 1, Cog 3, GCI, Deer Creek, Palmira, Orchard Valley, etc. and pay like everyone else. 

• Like 3

Mizuno ST 190G w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 6S

Mizuno ST-Z 15° w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 7S

Mizuno ST-Z 18° w/ Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7S

Srixon ZX7 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 Stiff

Taylormade MG 50°/54°/58° w/ Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Piretti Cottonwood II

12 hours ago, ldchristopher said:

I’ve been listening to every Michigan fan I know try and justify away the Conor Stallions thing. “It’s an antiquated rule that was such a nonissue the NCAA almost got rid of it.” “A cell phone video from 100 feet away or more can’t provide more sign info than game film.” “Ohio State and Rutgers passing along Michigan’s signs to Purdue before the Big 10 Championship Game in 2022 is just as bad.” Listen, regardless of whether or not one thinks the rule is dumb, it’s the rule. Same with trespassing on a golf course. People can justify all they want. “The weather is excellent.” “It was open yesterday.” “The cops should have bigger things to worry about.” Bottom line is, if the course is very clearly closed and people are still playing on it, that’s trespassing. Hard stop. There are about a dozen courses in the area open year round. Go play at GDN, Sanctuary, Andrews, Jemsek, Highland Woods, Cog 1, Cog 3, GCI, Deer Creek, Palmira, Orchard Valley, etc. and pay like everyone else. 

Again…the OP said he saw a couple people on the course, without any proof they did not have special permission to play.

My point, no reason in getting hot in the seat or jealous about an unknown.

2 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Again…the OP said he saw a couple people on the course, without any proof they did not have special permission to play.

My point, no reason in getting hot in the seat or jealous about an unknown.

Hot in the seat?  You're the one coming up with every excuse in the book to why it's okay with them being out there lol.    The OP also noted that a staff member made note of these guys, so clearly they didn't have any special permission. Given that it's a park district course, nobody working at the course (including the head pro) has the ability to give "special permission", at least not without risking their job.  Last thing you want as a park district employee is some tax payer barking up the tree about something like this, and coming back down on you. 

• Like 2

Taylormade Qi10 9*

Taylormade Stealth 3w

Taylormade P770  5-PW

MG2 50/54

MG3 58

TM Itsy Bitsy