Tourstriker Planemate

I watched it. At the end of the video he showed how he thinks you should use it which is not even close to how it was designed.

Also he quoted research that basically says guided training does not lead to long term results.

I still think this thing will train the opposite movements. The only motion I think this could train correctly is the takeaway up to where the hands are close to waist high, you need to stretch the band, helps keep the club head from wrapping in behind you. Since you have to resist the band pulling in you train how to keep the club head out in front.

After that it seems like it trains the wrong movements.

• Like 1

Srixon Z 785 9.5 Atmos Tour Spec Black 60X
Srixon Z F85 15 Atmos Tour Spec Black 60X
Srixon Z U85 18 Steelfiber i110 S
Srixon Z FORGED 3-9 Steelfiber i110 S
Cleveland RTX4 46 Steelfiber i110 S
Cleveland RTX4 Forged 50 Steelfiber i125 S
Cleveland RTX4 58 Steelfiber i125 S
Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft Premier 11S

Bettinardi QB6 DASS High Polish
Srixon ZStar XV Yellow

Well i think it will teach the opposite motion. I don't know for sure it's just my experience when I used it. It felt correct during takeaway but once it got higher up to the top of the back swing it felt like to would teach me to push the club out toward the ball, like training an across the line swing.

If I push you face on so you have to resist falling backwards you are training muscles that push you forward. It's the same thing with this device, it seems like it will train the opposite motion needed when you get past the takeaway. Remove the resistance band at the top of the swing and look at where the club wants to go, that is what you are training.

Maybe I used it wrong, maybe it should only be used for a quarter swing.

Srixon ZStar XV Yellow

perhaps you used it wrong or perhaps your interpretation of what is the correct motion is off. They openly state its designed to promote a steep to shallow move, but it would take some real effort to actually get across the line at the top and if not used with video feedback would actually be more likely to get you laid off at the top.

There is also the chance you naturally have a relatively flat/laid off position at the top and trying to stand up the shaft as they detail in the protocols feels across the line for you, in which case it’s working exactly as designed.

I think I just tried to hold the resistance of the band too far in my back swing. Watched the actual tour striker videos and they stop resisting closer to the shaft straight up. I was trying to get to shaft parallel at the top while holding the resistance.

• Like 1

Srixon ZStar XV Yellow

Weird I guess its not in order? all the boxes got mixed up! LOL jk

that's great news

PXG 0311XF Gen 5 7.5* Ventus Black 6X
Titleist 913D2 12* UST Mamiya Tour Green 75X
PXG Gen5 19* Ventus Black 10TX
Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
Taylormade Spider Long Broomstick
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

Can’t wait for everyone to get their orders so we can finally get back to the gains.

To all you new soon-to-be PM owners: PLEASE post before/afters of your first sessions and also end of first week with PM. This is what it’s all about. I wish you all the best of luck with the grind. Here’s my before/after the first 15 minutes with the PM:

HZN6RCA9CSIE.png

you can’t teach that guy anything, he never stops interrupting instructors, it’s a painful watch for me

• Like 4

Titleist TSr3 9º AD-DI 6x
Titleist TSr3 15º AD-DI 7x

Titleist TSi2 19º AD-DI 95x

T100 4-AW PX 6.0

SM10 56-12º D Modus 125 wedge

SM10 60-12º D Modus 125 wedge

Spider tour

"I still wear full spikes so people know when I show up to the course, I am there to ball out."-Bigmea

Those are my thoughts also. I subscribed for a moment, but it wasn’t even close to my cup of tea, so I quickly unsubscribed as to not encourage that style of “info/golf entertainment”.

• Like 1

Titleist TSr3 9º AD-DI 6x
Titleist TSr3 15º AD-DI 7x

Titleist TSi2 19º AD-DI 95x

T100 4-AW PX 6.0

SM10 56-12º D Modus 125 wedge

SM10 60-12º D Modus 125 wedge

Spider tour

"I still wear full spikes so people know when I show up to the course, I am there to ball out."-Bigmea

hitting shots over and over again with any aid isn’t going to necessarily lead to good learning. Need variation Gold in this 20 minute episode.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

Would someone who strictly uses this at home with no golf ball see any benefit?

Sounds dumb I know, but I figured it was something I can add at home in addition to doing mirror work.

I don't go to the range, if I do it's rare (Time and money that I could spend playing). I usually get to the course warm up in the short game area and then tee off for my sunday skins games

PXG 0311XF Gen 5 7.5* Ventus Black 6X
Titleist 913D2 12* UST Mamiya Tour Green 75X
PXG Gen5 19* Ventus Black 10TX
Maltby TE Forged 4-G
Maltby TSW DRM 56 and 60
Taylormade Spider Long Broomstick
#vietnameeh

THE GOLF GARAGE SAN JOSE

Concerning Brendon, he is correct in that aids that force the position do not transfer learning as effectively as aid that give feedback without forcing a position. On planemate not clear that it forces a correct position versus give feedback - can see it doing some forcing but think people can still get into poor movements using the device. I prefer and have the gravity fit. Key is to not just strap it on and hit balls with it for entire practice sessions. Need to use it without ball, then hit say 5 balls with it then hit 5 balls without - making sure spacing those actions and not just raking balls. Better still would be to add a challenge as a fourth step - say hit a few balls to an exact target without device - if fail then start from step one.

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

What I think is strange with Be Better Golf, is he has endorsed and reviewed many other training aids that force position, yet it was the Planemate he decided to go on a 30 minute rant with some questionable study about guided learning. Maybe mad he didn't get paid or a free one? Now he is posting videos about only doing the wrong movements to learn the right movements? Interesting theories I guess, but I would want to see results in other studies, sports etc. from someone other than just a youtube guy. Also agree with how much he talks over instructors.

As for Planemate, I don't feel like it forces a position. Yes it helps shallow, however you have to resist that shallowing the whole way up. They explain it in the videos with their resist, resist, relax concepts. Helped me with rolling the wrist in backswing, since I feel the band relax when I roll. You are absolutely correct, you can absolutely still override or force it, but if you are diligent using video feedback, and checking your feels, you will feel when you do it.

@glk I would say there is a clear difference between a device that forces a position (ie those big swing plane guides/machines) and a device that requires user input/force to hit a desired position (ie the planemate) and that is where Brendan is wrong. The "ghost" club feeling users desribe is a by product of just that, there isnt a single other aid ive used that gives that sensation. Even on the lesson tee, if the instructor just puts the shaft in a certain position, there is very little haptic feedback to engrain a new motion, so without video it largely doesnt do much. As for Brendan, It's also very clear he used it briefly, absolutely did not follow the protocols, and then delivered his largely off-base opinion. If you watch all the protocols, they essentially detail something similar to what you are prescribing. No ball, chips, pitches, 1/2 swings, 3/4 swings, etc etc. You should absolutely hit balls with and without the device before moving onto the next protocol.
@vietnameeh its great for take away and top of backswing work, even without a ball, but I would be careful to do much more than that without some sort of feedback otherwise you may lose face control
  • Like 1

I ordered mine Nov.12 and haven’t heard a thing. It actually just shows my order for the advanced protocols and doesn’t show the order for the plane mate on there website. Can u put the order number in anywhere on there website to find if there is shipping info? I can’t find anywhere to do that.