Do You Wish PGA Was in August?

SCalGolfer

I think the old schedule was better, yes the majors are still spaced out relatively the same however this season lacks flow and the regular events are suffering. I don't mind having the Players in March, but the PGA needs to go back to August. The biggest problem for the tour is the Fedex cup, they know it's important to their livelihood (gotta keep Fedex happy) but they haven't figured out how to format it yet. The WGCs have become a joke, very rarely do all the top players play as it is, so why not rotate them around. I doubt the fields would look any different.

Taylormade Stealth + 10.5 (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 60S)

Titleist 913F 15 (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ 70)

Titleist 712U 2I (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist 680 MB 4-W (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300)

Titleist Vokey SM5 50,54,58 (True Temper Dynamic Gold S200)

Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 SS

ProV1

> @bladehunter said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > Yes August was better. The only pro golf remaining this year is largely contrived pap.

> >

> > No one has adequately explained this thinking. The top players all playing for top prizes, on generally terrific courses. But since you can’t read in the news that these are called majors, you can’t enjoy watching them. Makes no sense.

>

> It’s a handicapped sequence of events. And it starts on a po-dunk TPC course in Memphis. It’s going to be hard to stay interested unless someone big gets out front. Even then depends who.

>

> The fallout has already begun by the way. Sunday open ratings down 42% this year. People won’t watch just because golf is on. It has to be the right names and actual competition. Giving Bruce 6 shots on a Sunday isn’t going to draw viewers. It’s going to increase rounds played at local courses.

I assume none of you complainers will be watching Brooks v Rory today, because the PGA is not in August anymore, or something ...

> @LICC said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > Yes August was better. The only pro golf remaining this year is largely contrived pap.

> > >

> > > No one has adequately explained this thinking. The top players all playing for top prizes, on generally terrific courses. But since you can’t read in the news that these are called majors, you can’t enjoy watching them. Makes no sense.

> >

> > It’s a handicapped sequence of events. And it starts on a po-dunk TPC course in Memphis. It’s going to be hard to stay interested unless someone big gets out front. Even then depends who.

> >

> > The fallout has already begun by the way. Sunday open ratings down 42% this year. People won’t watch just because golf is on. It has to be the right names and actual competition. Giving Bruce 6 shots on a Sunday isn’t going to draw viewers. It’s going to increase rounds played at local courses.

>

> I assume none of you complainers will be watching Brooks v Rory today, because the PGA is not in August anymore, or something ...

About to head outside to do some weedeating. Both are two of my least favorite players. May check scores and tune in when someone passes them both.

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

> @bladehunter said:

> > @LICC said:

> > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > Yes August was better. The only pro golf remaining this year is largely contrived pap.

> > > >

> > > > No one has adequately explained this thinking. The top players all playing for top prizes, on generally terrific courses. But since you can’t read in the news that these are called majors, you can’t enjoy watching them. Makes no sense.

> > >

> > > It’s a handicapped sequence of events. And it starts on a po-dunk TPC course in Memphis. It’s going to be hard to stay interested unless someone big gets out front. Even then depends who.

> > >

> > > The fallout has already begun by the way. Sunday open ratings down 42% this year. People won’t watch just because golf is on. It has to be the right names and actual competition. Giving Bruce 6 shots on a Sunday isn’t going to draw viewers. It’s going to increase rounds played at local courses.

> >

> > I assume none of you complainers will be watching Brooks v Rory today, because the PGA is not in August anymore, or something ...

>

> About to head outside to do some weedeating. Both are two of my least favorite players. May check scores and tune in when someone passes them both.

I can imagine if the PGA had always been in May, and this year they moved it to August so that the Players could be in May or for some similar reason, how much all the complainers here would then be complaining that the PGA is now in August when it was so much better in May.

• Like 1

> @LICC said:

> > @bladehunter said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > > @bladehunter said:

> > > > > @LICC said:

> > > > > > @BlackDiamondPar5 said:

> > > > > > Yes August was better. The only pro golf remaining this year is largely contrived pap.

> > > > >

> > > > > No one has adequately explained this thinking. The top players all playing for top prizes, on generally terrific courses. But since you can’t read in the news that these are called majors, you can’t enjoy watching them. Makes no sense.

> > > >

> > > > It’s a handicapped sequence of events. And it starts on a po-dunk TPC course in Memphis. It’s going to be hard to stay interested unless someone big gets out front. Even then depends who.

> > > >

> > > > The fallout has already begun by the way. Sunday open ratings down 42% this year. People won’t watch just because golf is on. It has to be the right names and actual competition. Giving Bruce 6 shots on a Sunday isn’t going to draw viewers. It’s going to increase rounds played at local courses.

> > >

> > > I assume none of you complainers will be watching Brooks v Rory today, because the PGA is not in August anymore, or something ...

> >

> > About to head outside to do some weedeating. Both are two of my least favorite players. May check scores and tune in when someone passes them both.

>

> I can imagine if the PGA had always been in May, and this year they moved it to August so that the Players could be in May or for some similar reason, how much all the complainers here would then be complaining that the PGA is now in August when it was so much better in May.

NOt me, it's much better in August. Season is over

• Like 1

> @JohnnyCashForever said:

> The major championship season needs to be longer than 4 months. Frankly, I would rather see the PGA Championship in early to mid September.

>

Millions of golf fans across the country disagree, as evidenced by their turning off golf to watch football come September. There is no good reason the majors have to be spread out over more than 4 months.

> @LICC said:

> > @JohnnyCashForever said:

> > The major championship season needs to be longer than 4 months. Frankly, I would rather see the PGA Championship in early to mid September.

> >

>

> Millions of golf fans across the country disagree, as evidenced by their turning off golf to watch football come September. There is no good reason the majors have to be spread out over more than 4 months.

They're turning the channel away from golf because a fabricated playoff is not compelling. I suspect the opportunity to watch the PGA Championship instead of Week 1 NFL games would be a different scenario altogther. Want proof? The Ryder Cup is held in September. No one complains about its ratings compared to the NFL.

https://tvrev.com/tv-viewership-head-head-ryder-cup-fared-vs-nfl/

If April to September is too long, why not have all of the majors consecutively over four weeks? There's no good reason why the majors can't be completed in 4 weeks. Too short? OK, then...

Having the last major in July is like having the World Series on August 1. It's like having the Super Bowl on Thanksgiving. In each case, there's a whole lot of season left that is now empty.

• Like 1

I don't think Ryder Cup ratings when it is played in Europe is indicative of much vis-a-vis the NFL because the matches are all early morning US time. And a once-in-4 years comparison isn't so great. Let's see over the next few years how the ratings for the Tour Championship compare to prior years. Also, obviously the PGA never wanted its championship in September because nothing stopped it from doing so. The PGA wasn't tied to the Tour's schedule. The PGA clearly didn't want its championship up against the NFL.

> @LICC said:

> I don't think Ryder Cup ratings when it is played in Europe is indicative of much vis-a-vis the NFL because the matches are all early morning US time. And a once-in-4 years comparison isn't so great. Let's see over the next few years how the ratings for the Tour Championship compare to prior years. Also, obviously the PGA never wanted its championship in September because nothing stopped it from doing so. The PGA wasn't tied to the Tour's schedule. The PGA clearly didn't want its championship up against the NFL.

The Tour Championship will never establish itself as a must-see event until it has decades of history behind it, and even then, at best, it will be a second tier event behind the majors. Look at the Players Championship as an example. It's been around for at least 45 years, and the PGA Tour has spent millions of dollars trying to get us to care about it. They've done a great job at it. It is a very good tournament, but unless you're the Golf HoF, you're not confusing it with being a major.

Your discounting of the Ryder Cup as an example of viable September golf is disappointing. The Ryder Cup has been telecast live for over 30 years. When played in the USA, it competes against college football and the NFL. When played in Europe, it doesn't. In both cases, however, the ratings are very good, adjusted for time slot, viewer demographics (ie, discretionary income), etc. I think there is more than enough evidence to establish that "major" September golf can be a viable televised event that can compete against the NFL for viewership, especially the kind that advertisers crave, the ones with lots of discretionary dollars to spend, invest, donate, etc.

It's almost a no-brainer to have the PGA Championship in September. The weather is nicer across the country...so more options for venues. It would be a natural end to the individual golf season for the professionals and the golfing public. The one con is the artificial tour championship that is currently being foisted on us and the timing of that, but that can be worked out. By extending the major season to 6 months, it helps the local clubs and courses too, by staking out the golf season from April to September for almost the whole country. Think of the local events that each club/course could hold in connection to the the majors. The opportunities to bring in people for outings and events tied to each major. People will be talking about and thinking about golf for two extra months. Everyone but the Tour Championship devotees wins.

• Like 1

> > @LICC said:

> > I don't think Ryder Cup ratings when it is played in Europe is indicative of much vis-a-vis the NFL because the matches are all early morning US time. And a once-in-4 years comparison isn't so great. Let's see over the next few years how the ratings for the Tour Championship compare to prior years. Also, obviously the PGA never wanted its championship in September because nothing stopped it from doing so. The PGA wasn't tied to the Tour's schedule. The PGA clearly didn't want its championship up against the NFL.

>

> The Tour Championship will never establish itself as a must-see event until it has decades of history behind it, and even then, at best, it will be a second tier event behind the majors. Look at the Players Championship as an example. It's been around for at least 45 years, and the PGA Tour has spent millions of dollars trying to get us to care about it. They've done a great job at it. It is a very good tournament, but unless you're the Golf HoF, you're not confusing it with being a major.

>

> Your discounting of the Ryder Cup as an example of viable September golf is disappointing. The Ryder Cup has been telecast live for over 30 years. When played in the USA, it competes against college football and the NFL. When played in Europe, it doesn't. In both cases, however, the ratings are very good, adjusted for time slot, viewer demographics (ie, discretionary income), etc. I think there is more than enough evidence to establish that "major" September golf can be a viable televised event that can compete against the NFL for viewership, especially the kind that advertisers crave, the ones with lots of discretionary dollars to spend, invest, donate, etc.

>

> It's almost a no-brainer to have the PGA Championship in September. The weather is nicer across the country...so more options for venues. It would be a natural end to the individual golf season for the professionals and the golfing public. The one con is the artificial tour championship that is currently being foisted on us and the timing of that, but that can be worked out. By extending the major season to 6 months, it helps the local clubs and courses too, by staking out the golf season from April to September for almost the whole country. Think of the local events that each club/course could hold in connection to the the majors. The opportunities to bring in people for outings and events tied to each major. People will be talking about and thinking about golf for two extra months. Everyone but the Tour Championship devotees wins.

People who aren’t brainwashed by what the media calls a “major” can see the Players is as good or better than PGA Championships half the time. The PGA in May helps the stature of PGA

> The major championship season needs to be longer than 4 months. Frankly, I would rather see the PGA Championship in early to mid September.

>

Or play the PGA Championship in June, and play the US Open Labor Day weekend or in early September. Because of the nature of the US Open, it would draw golf fans away from football. The US Open Tennis has no qualms about playing their championship on a football weekend.

If the US Open were in early September, it would be worth the wait - and have a great build up.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

> > @LICC said:

> > I don't think Ryder Cup ratings when it is played in Europe is indicative of much vis-a-vis the NFL because the matches are all early morning US time. And a once-in-4 years comparison isn't so great. Let's see over the next few years how the ratings for the Tour Championship compare to prior years. Also, obviously the PGA never wanted its championship in September because nothing stopped it from doing so. The PGA wasn't tied to the Tour's schedule. The PGA clearly didn't want its championship up against the NFL.

>

> The Tour Championship will never establish itself as a must-see event until it has decades of history behind it, and even then, at best, it will be a second tier event behind the majors. Look at the Players Championship as an example. It's been around for at least 45 years, and the PGA Tour has spent millions of dollars trying to get us to care about it. They've done a great job at it. It is a very good tournament, but unless you're the Golf HoF, you're not confusing it with being a major.

>

> Your discounting of the Ryder Cup as an example of viable September golf is disappointing. The Ryder Cup has been telecast live for over 30 years. When played in the USA, it competes against college football and the NFL. When played in Europe, it doesn't. In both cases, however, the ratings are very good, adjusted for time slot, viewer demographics (ie, discretionary income), etc. I think there is more than enough evidence to establish that "major" September golf can be a viable televised event that can compete against the NFL for viewership, especially the kind that advertisers crave, the ones with lots of discretionary dollars to spend, invest, donate, etc.

>

> It's almost a no-brainer to have the PGA Championship in September. The weather is nicer across the country...so more options for venues. It would be a natural end to the individual golf season for the professionals and the golfing public. The one con is the artificial tour championship that is currently being foisted on us and the timing of that, but that can be worked out. By extending the major season to 6 months, it helps the local clubs and courses too, by staking out the golf season from April to September for almost the whole country. Think of the local events that each club/course could hold in connection to the the majors. The opportunities to bring in people for outings and events tied to each major. People will be talking about and thinking about golf for two extra months. Everyone but the Tour Championship devotees wins.

I think the PGA Championship could get a September date if they really wanted it. And the PGA Tour wouldn't have to move the playoffs either. The PGA Championship would be the first tournament out of the gate for the new PGA Tour season. There would have to be one year where the PGA wasn't part of the FedEX Cup to move it from May to September, but it could be done.

The PGA would also have to move networks on the weekend to NBC as CBS, Fox and ESPN/ABC have football. The Notre Dame game on Saturday could be on the road or at night and NBC is clear on Sunday until 7pm EDT for the NFL. That's where the problem would be. They'd have to tear up the CBS contract and NBC would probably not give them as good a bid as they would be the only network that could carry them. The ratings would go down against football, so it means less money all around for the players and the PGA of America.

The other consideration is this. Can the PGA of America conduct the PGA in one location and turn around and conduct a home Ryder Cup match two weeks later?

> @gvogel said:

> > The major championship season needs to be longer than 4 months. Frankly, I would rather see the PGA Championship in early to mid September.

> >

>

> Or play the PGA Championship in June, and play the US Open Labor Day weekend or in early September. Because of the nature of the US Open, it would draw golf fans away from football. The US Open Tennis has no qualms about playing their championship on a football weekend.

> If the US Open were in early September, it would be worth the wait - and have a great build up.

I'm sure many in the forum would enjoy watching Mike Davis' face as the Fox executives tear up that billion dollar contract in front of him.

> @"Darth Putter" said:

> > > @LICC said:

> > > I don't think Ryder Cup ratings when it is played in Europe is indicative of much vis-a-vis the NFL because the matches are all early morning US time. And a once-in-4 years comparison isn't so great. Let's see over the next few years how the ratings for the Tour Championship compare to prior years. Also, obviously the PGA never wanted its championship in September because nothing stopped it from doing so. The PGA wasn't tied to the Tour's schedule. The PGA clearly didn't want its championship up against the NFL.

> >

> > The Tour Championship will never establish itself as a must-see event until it has decades of history behind it, and even then, at best, it will be a second tier event behind the majors. Look at the Players Championship as an example. It's been around for at least 45 years, and the PGA Tour has spent millions of dollars trying to get us to care about it. They've done a great job at it. It is a very good tournament, but unless you're the Golf HoF, you're not confusing it with being a major.

> >

> > Your discounting of the Ryder Cup as an example of viable September golf is disappointing. The Ryder Cup has been telecast live for over 30 years. When played in the USA, it competes against college football and the NFL. When played in Europe, it doesn't. In both cases, however, the ratings are very good, adjusted for time slot, viewer demographics (ie, discretionary income), etc. I think there is more than enough evidence to establish that "major" September golf can be a viable televised event that can compete against the NFL for viewership, especially the kind that advertisers crave, the ones with lots of discretionary dollars to spend, invest, donate, etc.

> >

> > It's almost a no-brainer to have the PGA Championship in September. The weather is nicer across the country...so more options for venues. It would be a natural end to the individual golf season for the professionals and the golfing public. The one con is the artificial tour championship that is currently being foisted on us and the timing of that, but that can be worked out. By extending the major season to 6 months, it helps the local clubs and courses too, by staking out the golf season from April to September for almost the whole country. Think of the local events that each club/course could hold in connection to the the majors. The opportunities to bring in people for outings and events tied to each major. People will be talking about and thinking about golf for two extra months. Everyone but the Tour Championship devotees wins.

>

> I think the PGA Championship could get a September date if they really wanted it. And the PGA Tour wouldn't have to move the playoffs either. The PGA Championship would be the first tournament out of the gate for the new PGA Tour season. There would have to be one year where the PGA wasn't part of the FedEX Cup to move it from May to September, but it could be done.

>

> The PGA would also have to move networks on the weekend to NBC as CBS, Fox and ESPN/ABC have football. The Notre Dame game on Saturday could be on the road or at night and NBC is clear on Sunday until 7pm EDT for the NFL. That's where the problem would be. They'd have to tear up the CBS contract and NBC would probably not give them as good a bid as they would be the only network that could carry them. The ratings would go down against football, so it means less money all around for the players and the PGA of America.

>

> The other consideration is this. Can the PGA of America conduct the PGA in one location and turn around and conduct a home Ryder Cup match two weeks later?

Great analysis. I was actually thinking of having the Tour Championship in October, inviting just the Top 40 players, and having no cuts, but your idea is interesting and has the added benefit of fitting into the current structure seamlessly.

I agree that the PGA and Ryder Cups within two/three weeks of each other is a hurdle. No easy answer there...unless within the PGAoA, the Championship staff and the Ryder Cup staff are distinct groups.

> > @"Darth Putter" said:

> > > @JohnnyCashForever said:

> > > > @LICC said:

> > > > I don't think Ryder Cup ratings when it is played in Europe is indicative of much vis-a-vis the NFL because the matches are all early morning US time. And a once-in-4 years comparison isn't so great. Let's see over the next few years how the ratings for the Tour Championship compare to prior years. Also, obviously the PGA never wanted its championship in September because nothing stopped it from doing so. The PGA wasn't tied to the Tour's schedule. The PGA clearly didn't want its championship up against the NFL.

> > >

> > > The Tour Championship will never establish itself as a must-see event until it has decades of history behind it, and even then, at best, it will be a second tier event behind the majors. Look at the Players Championship as an example. It's been around for at least 45 years, and the PGA Tour has spent millions of dollars trying to get us to care about it. They've done a great job at it. It is a very good tournament, but unless you're the Golf HoF, you're not confusing it with being a major.

> > >

> > > Your discounting of the Ryder Cup as an example of viable September golf is disappointing. The Ryder Cup has been telecast live for over 30 years. When played in the USA, it competes against college football and the NFL. When played in Europe, it doesn't. In both cases, however, the ratings are very good, adjusted for time slot, viewer demographics (ie, discretionary income), etc. I think there is more than enough evidence to establish that "major" September golf can be a viable televised event that can compete against the NFL for viewership, especially the kind that advertisers crave, the ones with lots of discretionary dollars to spend, invest, donate, etc.

> > >

> > > It's almost a no-brainer to have the PGA Championship in September. The weather is nicer across the country...so more options for venues. It would be a natural end to the individual golf season for the professionals and the golfing public. The one con is the artificial tour championship that is currently being foisted on us and the timing of that, but that can be worked out. By extending the major season to 6 months, it helps the local clubs and courses too, by staking out the golf season from April to September for almost the whole country. Think of the local events that each club/course could hold in connection to the the majors. The opportunities to bring in people for outings and events tied to each major. People will be talking about and thinking about golf for two extra months. Everyone but the Tour Championship devotees wins.

> >

> > I think the PGA Championship could get a September date if they really wanted it. And the PGA Tour wouldn't have to move the playoffs either. The PGA Championship would be the first tournament out of the gate for the new PGA Tour season. There would have to be one year where the PGA wasn't part of the FedEX Cup to move it from May to September, but it could be done.

> >

> > The PGA would also have to move networks on the weekend to NBC as CBS, Fox and ESPN/ABC have football. The Notre Dame game on Saturday could be on the road or at night and NBC is clear on Sunday until 7pm EDT for the NFL. That's where the problem would be. They'd have to tear up the CBS contract and NBC would probably not give them as good a bid as they would be the only network that could carry them. The ratings would go down against football, so it means less money all around for the players and the PGA of America.

> >

> > The other consideration is this. Can the PGA of America conduct the PGA in one location and turn around and conduct a home Ryder Cup match two weeks later?

>

> Great analysis. I was actually thinking of having the Tour Championship in October, inviting just the Top 40 players, and having no cuts, but your idea is interesting and has the added benefit of fitting into the current structure seamlessly.

>

> I agree that the PGA and Ryder Cups within two/three weeks of each other is a hurdle. No easy answer there...unless within the PGAoA, the Championship staff and the Ryder Cup staff are distinct groups.

Why would the PGA want its event to be up against the NFL, with all the network broadcast conflicts to boot, rather than be held in May?

> @SCalGolfer said:

> Personally I would always watch a major over the NFL. The NFL has become hard to watch, hence the ratings drop.

You're in the vast minority of sports-watchers. The NFL remains the top dog in the US, and will remain that way for the foreseeable future. Lots of sports entities have tried to take on the NFL...they've all lost. Badly. MLB tries to schedule teams to be out-of-town if that market has an NFL squad with a home game that Sunday. Even the NBA and NHL have gone out of their way to limit exposure as much as they can on Sunday's when their seasons overlap with the NFL.

>

There are only 4 majors. How long is the "major championship season" supposed to be?

> @JaNelson38 said:

> > @SCalGolfer said:

> > Personally I would always watch a major over the NFL. The NFL has become hard to watch, hence the ratings drop.

>

> You're in the vast minority of sports-watchers. The NFL remains the top dog in the US, and will remain that way for the foreseeable future. Lots of sports entities have tried to take on the NFL...they've all lost. Badly. MLB tries to schedule teams to be out-of-town if that market has an NFL squad with a home game that Sunday. Even the NBA and NHL have gone out of their way to limit exposure as much as they can on Sunday's when their seasons overlap with the NFL.

>

> >

>

> There are only 4 majors. How long is the "major championship season" supposed to be?

>

>

How long is the golf season? I consider it to be from April to September, realistically. At least that is how long it is in the Northeast. I would like Majors from April to late August - seems like a reasonable season for majors. I think that the best players would also like a little more time between majors for rest and focus, and to be able to pick and choose where they are going to play to try to peak at the right time.

Unseen, in the background, Fate was quietly slipping the lead into the boxing-glove.  P.G. Wodehouse

> @gvogel said:

> > @JaNelson38 said:

> > > @SCalGolfer said:

> > > Personally I would always watch a major over the NFL. The NFL has become hard to watch, hence the ratings drop.

> >

> > You're in the vast minority of sports-watchers. The NFL remains the top dog in the US, and will remain that way for the foreseeable future. Lots of sports entities have tried to take on the NFL...they've all lost. Badly. MLB tries to schedule teams to be out-of-town if that market has an NFL squad with a home game that Sunday. Even the NBA and NHL have gone out of their way to limit exposure as much as they can on Sunday's when their seasons overlap with the NFL.

> >

> > > @JohnnyCashForever said:

> > > The major championship season needs to be longer than 4 months. Frankly, I would rather see the PGA Championship in early to mid September.

> > >

> >

> > There are only 4 majors. How long is the "major championship season" supposed to be?

> >

> >

>

> How long is the golf season? I consider it to be from April to September, realistically. At least that is how long it is in the Northeast. I would like Majors from April to late August - seems like a reasonable season for majors. I think that the best players would also like a little more time between majors for rest and focus, and to be able to pick and choose where they are going to play to try to peak at the right time.

In NY most years you can play very comfortably into October and even November.

Why can't some people get that nothing has changed for the best players peaking for the top tournaments? It used to be April to August, now it is March to July. The best players are including the Players in their attempt to peak.

> @LICC said:

> People who aren’t brainwashed by what the media calls a “major” can see the Players is as good or better than PGA Championships half the time. The PGA in May helps the stature of PGA

When you find yourself amongst a group of people and you are the lone voice in opposition to the majority viewpoint, it might pay to rethink your position, you could well be wrong.

• Like 1

> @smashdn said:

> > @LICC said:

> > People who aren’t brainwashed by what the media calls a “major” can see the Players is as good or better than PGA Championships half the time. The PGA in May helps the stature of PGA

> When you find yourself amongst a group of people and you are the lone voice in opposition to the majority viewpoint, it might pay to rethink your position, you could well be wrong.

>

Because he isn't the only one?