Vokey SM8

deep18

> @Happyday_J said:

> Curious what the bounce lineup will be. I was at a fitting in Ontario and the rep mentioned there will be 2 new offerings?

Hopefully a V-grind is one of them.

• Like 1

Titleist TSr4 10.0*  Mitsubishi WB 63 tx  
TaylorMade BRNR Mini 13.5* Kai'li white- tx
Srixon ZX5 (4-6) ZX7 (7-pw) KBS tour 130-x
Mizuno T20 51* TT x-100

Callaway Full Toe 54*, 60* TT x-100
Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon First Run Las Vegas DB

Pro V1

surprised we haven't seen anything about a new Vokey wedge. i believe they launched the SM7's on tour at the Vegas event 2 years ago.

TITLEIST TS3 10.5°

TITLEIST 915F 16.5°

TITLEIST 818 H1 21°

TITLEIST U500 4i

TITLEIST T100S 5-PW

TITLEIST VOKEY SM8 48.10F/54.10F/58.08M

ODYSSEY WHITE HOT OG V-LINE

TITLEIST PRO V1

> @ThinkingPlus said:

> > @golfinguru11 said:

> > > @ThinkingPlus said:

> > > > @GC70 said:

> > > > I’m guessing we’ll have to order the Raw at $200 +?

> > >

> > > Apparently rust is expensive. LOL.

> >

> > Just buy the Jet blacks and soak them in vinegar. Don’t understand why everyone who wants raw w/o paying extra doesn’t just do this.

>

> I don't know why anyone wants rust. To me it is like buying a high performance sports car, stripping the paint, then letting it rust so you get this wonderful 'patina'. Looks just like every cat at the junk yard too.

It is not the rust. The finish is added to the wedge and rounds the edges slightly. They say they allow for the plating, but it doesn't really. Without any finish the groove edges are sharper and produce more spin.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 - 8* Ventus Red TR 6X
Titleist TSi2 - 15* - Ventus Red TR 7X
Titleist TSR3 19* Hybrid
Titleist U500 - 4 iron DG TI X-100
Titleist T100 5-9 DG TI X-100
Titleist Vokey SM9 (46*, 52*, 56*, 60*) raw 
Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

> @ThinkingPlus said:

> > @golfinguru11 said:

> > > > @GC70 said:

> > > > I’m guessing we’ll have to order the Raw at $200 +?

> > >

> > > Apparently rust is expensive. LOL.

> >

> > Just buy the Jet blacks and soak them in vinegar. Don’t understand why everyone who wants raw w/o paying extra doesn’t just do this.

>

> I don't know why anyone wants rust. To me it is like buying a high performance sports car, stripping the paint, then letting it rust so you get this wonderful 'patina'. Looks just like every cat at the junk yard too.

I prefer the rusted "used" look its not like we are stripping it off its just a natural process. I don't like rusted cars though, ironic lol

• Like 1

Titleist TSR2 10° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 15° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 19° KBS Tour Hybrid Proto

PXG Gen5T 4-GW KBS Tour Stiff

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT

> @Carson33 said:

> > @ThinkingPlus said:

> > > @golfinguru11 said:

> > > > @ThinkingPlus said:

> > > > > @GC70 said:

> > > > > I’m guessing we’ll have to order the Raw at $200 +?

> > > >

> > > > Apparently rust is expensive. LOL.

> > >

> > > Just buy the Jet blacks and soak them in vinegar. Don’t understand why everyone who wants raw w/o paying extra doesn’t just do this.

> >

> > I don't know why anyone wants rust. To me it is like buying a high performance sports car, stripping the paint, then letting it rust so you get this wonderful 'patina'. Looks just like every cat at the junk yard too.

>

> It is not the rust. The finish is added to the wedge and rounds the edges slightly. They say they allow for the plating, but it doesn't really. Without any finish the groove edges are sharper and produce more spin.

Yes. I have heard you get about 100 rpm more spin on a full sand wedge when new. Not sure how long that advantage lasts once the edges start rusting. Same goes for the milling which contributes most of the spin under dry conditions anyway.

Is it not around now that we should be seeing them? The last few releases seem to have been taken out to the Tour when they make it to Vegas.

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

> @ThinkingPlus said:

> > @Carson33 said:

> > > > @golfinguru11 said:

> > > > > @ThinkingPlus said:

> > > > > > @GC70 said:

> > > > > > I’m guessing we’ll have to order the Raw at $200 +?

> > > > >

> > > > > Apparently rust is expensive. LOL.

> > > >

> > > > Just buy the Jet blacks and soak them in vinegar. Don’t understand why everyone who wants raw w/o paying extra doesn’t just do this.

> > >

> > > I don't know why anyone wants rust. To me it is like buying a high performance sports car, stripping the paint, then letting it rust so you get this wonderful 'patina'. Looks just like every cat at the junk yard too.

> >

> > It is not the rust. The finish is added to the wedge and rounds the edges slightly. They say they allow for the plating, but it doesn't really. Without any finish the groove edges are sharper and produce more spin.

>

> Yes. I have heard you get about 100 rpm more spin on a full sand wedge when new. Not sure how long that advantage lasts once the edges start rusting. Same goes for the milling which contributes most of the spin under dry conditions anyway.

That is barely measurable and hopefully nobody buys a wedge on a hope of gaining 100rpm.

**WITB**

Titleist TSR2 10*, D1, 44.5'' - Ventus Red 6x

Titleist TS2 15*, D1, 42'' - Kai'li Blue Prototype 80TX

Titleist TSR2 Hybrid 18*, A1, 40.25'' - Atmos TS Blue 8X

Titleist T150 4i - AMT Tour White X100 Black Onyx

Titleist 620CB 5-PW - DGX100 120

Titleist SM9 Raw - 52F, 56F, 60D - AMT Tour White S300

Toulon San Diego (2022), 32'', Golf Pride Pro Only Cord Green Star

TP5x

> @ThinkingPlus said:

> > @Carson33 said:

> > > > @golfinguru11 said:

> > > > > > @GC70 said:

> > > > > > I’m guessing we’ll have to order the Raw at $200 +?

> > > > >

> > > > > Apparently rust is expensive. LOL.

> > > >

> > > > Just buy the Jet blacks and soak them in vinegar. Don’t understand why everyone who wants raw w/o paying extra doesn’t just do this.

> > >

> > > I don't know why anyone wants rust. To me it is like buying a high performance sports car, stripping the paint, then letting it rust so you get this wonderful 'patina'. Looks just like every cat at the junk yard too.

> >

> > It is not the rust. The finish is added to the wedge and rounds the edges slightly. They say they allow for the plating, but it doesn't really. Without any finish the groove edges are sharper and produce more spin.

>

> Yes. I have heard you get about 100 rpm more spin on a full sand wedge when new. Not sure how long that advantage lasts once the edges start rusting. Same goes for the milling which contributes most of the spin under dry conditions anyway.

haha. I always laugh when I see this. rusted wedges do not increase spin. It is an aesthetic thing mainly, with maybe, a slight feel difference due to no platting. Rust reduces spin.. Think about it, it is loose material on the face, very similar to sand on the face. Does sand on the face increase spin? No, it does not.

That being said, I still love me some patina on wedges.

• Like 1

Driver: Paradym 3D Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood: Paradym 3d Ventus black TR 7x

19 degree UW: Ventus black TR 8x

Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility Hazrdus black 90 6.5 X

5 -PW: Callaway Apex MB, KBS $ taper 130X

Wedges - Jaws raw 50, 54, 59 KBS $ taper 130x

Putter- Mutant Wilson Staff 8802 with stroke lab shaft
BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @ThinkingPlus said:

> > > @Carson33 said:

> > > > @ThinkingPlus said:

> > > > > @golfinguru11 said:

> > > > > > @ThinkingPlus said:

> > > > > > > @GC70 said:

> > > > > > > I’m guessing we’ll have to order the Raw at $200 +?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Apparently rust is expensive. LOL.

> > > > >

> > > > > Just buy the Jet blacks and soak them in vinegar. Don’t understand why everyone who wants raw w/o paying extra doesn’t just do this.

> > > >

> > > > I don't know why anyone wants rust. To me it is like buying a high performance sports car, stripping the paint, then letting it rust so you get this wonderful 'patina'. Looks just like every cat at the junk yard too.

> > >

> > > It is not the rust. The finish is added to the wedge and rounds the edges slightly. They say they allow for the plating, but it doesn't really. Without any finish the groove edges are sharper and produce more spin.

> >

> > Yes. I have heard you get about 100 rpm more spin on a full sand wedge when new. Not sure how long that advantage lasts once the edges start rusting. Same goes for the milling which contributes most of the spin under dry conditions anyway.

>

> haha. I always laugh when I see this. rusted wedges do not increase spin. It is an aesthetic thing mainly, with maybe, a slight feel difference due to no platting. Rust reduces spin.. Think about it, it is loose material on the face, very similar to sand on the face. Does sand on the face increase spin? No, it does not.

>

> That being said, I still love me some patina on wedges.

According to Voshall, non platted wedges (ones that will rust over time), will, in theory, produce slightly more spin than their platted counterparts...

> @gjlang76 said:

> > @QuigleyDU said:

> > > > @Carson33 said:

> > > > > > @golfinguru11 said:

> > > > > > > @ThinkingPlus said:

> > > > > > > > @GC70 said:

> > > > > > > > I’m guessing we’ll have to order the Raw at $200 +?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Apparently rust is expensive. LOL.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Just buy the Jet blacks and soak them in vinegar. Don’t understand why everyone who wants raw w/o paying extra doesn’t just do this.

> > > > >

> > > > > I don't know why anyone wants rust. To me it is like buying a high performance sports car, stripping the paint, then letting it rust so you get this wonderful 'patina'. Looks just like every cat at the junk yard too.

> > > >

> > > > It is not the rust. The finish is added to the wedge and rounds the edges slightly. They say they allow for the plating, but it doesn't really. Without any finish the groove edges are sharper and produce more spin.

> > >

> > > Yes. I have heard you get about 100 rpm more spin on a full sand wedge when new. Not sure how long that advantage lasts once the edges start rusting. Same goes for the milling which contributes most of the spin under dry conditions anyway.

> >

> > haha. I always laugh when I see this. rusted wedges do not increase spin. It is an aesthetic thing mainly, with maybe, a slight feel difference due to no platting. Rust reduces spin.. Think about it, it is loose material on the face, very similar to sand on the face. Does sand on the face increase spin? No, it does not.

> >

> > That being said, I still love me some patina on wedges.

>

>

> According to Voshall, non platted wedges (ones that will rust over time), will, in theory, produce slightly more spin than their platted counterparts...

>

>

>

I would agree with that. I am simply saying rusted wedges spin less. Brand new raw wedges may spin more because of sharper edge geometry. I could buy that. I don't know if it is true but sure, why not? it makes sense.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @Crooksc17 said:

> Fake? It’s missing the mini grooves between the normal grooves

> > @mrmikeac said:

> > 6pcbmqfpg8y7.png

> > lhtcog4923nf.png

> > gohf8easld98.png

> > ocpn9lp8qr8a.png

> > rjnmhbts9n0b.png

> > c831zw8xz7l6.png

> > l6t073ubgnxe.png

> > r5lxvyfrv40v.png

> > jdytimzemfbq.png

> >

> >

> > Found on eBay. Selling for only $300.00...

> >

> > Face milling looks excellent

>

>

one wedge for $300?????

BALL; Chrome Soft X

Greg (PGA43) in the SHO discussion thread said the new wedges will be revealed at the RSM Tourney in South Carolina. So whenever that tournament is.

D - Ping G430 LST 9, PX LE HZRDUS Black Gen 4 60 6.5TX
3W - Ping G410 14.5 (set to 15.5F), PX SB HZRDUS Smoke Green 70 6.5

4H - Titleist TS3 23 (set to C1), PX HZRDUS Smoke Black 85  6.5

5H - Titleist TS3 25 (set to B1), PX Evenflow White 95 6.5

5I - PW - Titleist '19 T100, Project X 6.0 Flighted
GW & SW - Titleist Vokey SM8 50F, 56S (bent to 55), DG TI S400

LW - Titleist Vokey SM8 60L, DG TI S200

P - Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5
B - Titleist AVX

> @Chilli9880 said:

> Greg (PGA43) in the SHO discussion thread said the new wedges will be revealed at the RSM Tourney in South Carolina. So whenever that tournament is.

RSM is in Georgia, but that's 11/21-11/24. So we've got a while.

TSi3
M5 3 Wood
3 Titleist U500
4-PW MP18 MB
Vokey 52F, 56S, and 60T
Scotty Special Select Newport 2

> @Chilli9880 said:

> Greg (PGA43) in the SHO discussion thread said the new wedges will be revealed at the RSM Tourney in South Carolina. So whenever that tournament is.

So these are not the new wedges??

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @Chilli9880 said:

> > Greg (PGA43) in the SHO discussion thread said the new wedges will be revealed at the RSM Tourney in South Carolina. So whenever that tournament is.

>

> So these are not the new wedges??

They could be. But the official pictures won’t be out until the RSM.

Sorry but the design of these is really unimaginative. I'm not saying that means its too basic or anything, because the vokey's of old are simple and fantastic looking. I mean that I believe theyre trying to play status quo with current golf iron designs and it just looks cheap and sad. It looks like a 'set wedge' rather than a higher quality stand alone wedge.

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

• 4 weeks later...

> @third-times-a-charm said:

> Sorry but the design of these is really unimaginative. I'm not saying that means its too basic or anything, because the vokey's of old are simple and fantastic looking. I mean that I believe theyre trying to play status quo with current golf iron designs and it just looks cheap and sad. It looks like a 'set wedge' rather than a higher quality stand alone wedge.

I might be slightly crazy, but I really dig that look to be honest.

Ping G430 Max KaiLi White 60 Stiff (9 degree)
Cobra King RAD 3 Wood Fujikura Motore X F3 Stiff (14.5 degree setting)
Mizuno CLK Hybrid (19 and 22 degree, I swap them out depending on the wind in the parking lot)

Mizuno JPX-921 Hot Metal Pro 4-5 Irons - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts

Mizuno JPX-921 Forged 6 Iron - G Wedge - KBS Tour Regular Flex Steel Shafts 
Titleist SM9 54 and 58 
Scotty Cameron Phantom X6 CS (34")

> @uglande said:

> OK, now I see the SM8 photo ... And all of a sudden a vision of my 2020 bag starts to appear.dtixmd080u1u.png

>

I keep hearing these are not the real vokey SM8's. I dunno, I think the look fine.

BALL; Chrome Soft X

> @QuigleyDU said:

> > @uglande said:

> > OK, now I see the SM8 photo ... And all of a sudden a vision of my 2020 bag starts to appear.dtixmd080u1u.png

> >

>

> I keep hearing these are not the real vokey SM8's. I dunno, I think the look fine.

If they aren't then it's a very well-crafted hoax. But I wouldn't be sad keeping my SM7s in the bag.

Titleist TSR3 1w Ventus Red x

Titleist TSR2 3w 5w GD AD DIx

Titleist TSR2 4h 5h GD AD Dix

Titleist T100 6i-9i X100 Tour

Titleist SM09 Pw-Lw S400 Tour

Titleist Pro V1 White Hot OG5

> @third-times-a-charm said:

> Sorry but the design of these is really unimaginative. I'm not saying that means its too basic or anything, because the vokey's of old are simple and fantastic looking. I mean that I believe theyre trying to play status quo with current golf iron designs and it just looks cheap and sad. It looks like a 'set wedge' rather than a higher quality stand alone wedge.

Unbelievable, people rip on OEM’s for bringing out the same stuff every year with no changes then go off and complain about having too many changes. Which one is it? How would you have designed it?

• Like 1

> @mrmikeac said:

> > @third-times-a-charm said:

> > Sorry but the design of these is really unimaginative. I'm not saying that means its too basic or anything, because the vokey's of old are simple and fantastic looking. I mean that I believe theyre trying to play status quo with current golf iron designs and it just looks cheap and sad. It looks like a 'set wedge' rather than a higher quality stand alone wedge.

>

>

> Unbelievable, people rip on OEM’s for bringing out the same stuff every year with no changes then go off and complain about having too many changes. Which one is it? How would you have designed it?

Personally like the 620MB or a Vokey WW just plain simple text and thats it. The bar running through it looks off to me but that isn't saying a lot of people won't like it. Will also have to see if there are any performance gains. I find it hard to believe that they will be much improved over the sm6/sm7/ww from the past couple years

Titleist TSR2 10° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 15° HZRDUS T1100

Titleist TSR3 19° KBS Tour Hybrid Proto

PXG Gen5T 4-GW KBS Tour Stiff

Mizuno T24 56 & 60 S400

Piretti GOAT