Odd box when quoting has popped up and TYPING LAG.

Which IOS device and browser? Using newer iphone X and Ipad Pro and not seeing issues.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
Have a Ad/BST question, first look and post here:
BST AD Help
If you have a general help question, post here:
GolfWRX Website Help Desk

Based on your post, I opened up a Chrome browser window to test it out. Same laptop as before, but no issues in Chrome. Major issues still exist in Safari, though.

Driver: TaylorMade SIM 8* (standard setting) with MCA Tensei AV Raw Orange 75TX at 44.5"
3W: TaylorMade M5 15* (standard setting) with Oban Devotion 8 O5 at 42"
Hybrid: PXG Gen 2 0317X 19* (standard setting) with Oban Kiyoshi Purple Hybrid O5 at 39.5"
4i-9i: Callaway '18 Apex MB's with KBS C-Taper 130X at 1/4" long
46: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
50: Callaway JAWS MD5 10S
54: Callaway JAWS MD5 8C
58: Callaway JAWS MD5 8W
Putter: Kari Lajosi Custom DD201WB

I see issues related to quotes and auto correct on iOS and Safari. Behaves quite well in chrome.

I am still not seeing an issue with no preview button since this is what you see is what you get.

Before sending me a message for help, please look at the website support section:
BST AD Help

Talking to several members there is a lag between typing and the text appearing, it is not too bad as I type now but in the general discussions it is a long time sometimes three to four words after the typing.

Way down under in (not New Orleans) Australia.

Living the dream.

OGA Member no #8

Kindly donated by mdgboxx and worn with pride

A definite geezer of some repute, ( I think ).

What is it that you want to hear from the mods about? I try to clarify this every time - or every time someone PMs me about something - but "the mods" have absolutely nothing to do with site changes, site upgrades/downgrades, site software debacles, software patches or really...much of anything regarding the site or its software.
Appreciate people thinking so but we are literally the last people to know about these things. Any software issues should be reported here in this forum or to @Gxgolfer or @easyyy
FWIW I have had no issues using the site the last few days and no lag. Mostly using a Macbook Pro/Catalina/Chrome. Also tested Safari with no issues.

OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // Incoming: Ping I230/Blueprint S/T
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom // Left Dash

Apologies, I edited my comment to make my tone a little more understandable.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

I wasn't aware. In several of my other forums, the moderators are also the system administrators and are aware of hardware/software issues, upgrades, etc. I made an incorrect assumption that you might be aware and would let us know if this was a temporary issue. Thanks!

BTW, I only notice the slow response time on the mobile app, not on my laptop.

• Callaway Rogue Draw 10.5*
  • The Perfect Club 21
  • Callaway XROS 64
  • PING Eye 2 BeCu 7 - SW
  • PING Kartsen Craz-E

Yeah I've been a mod on other forums where it is more like that. But there are "front of the house" guys and business guys that do all the decision making. Unfortunately the forum mods are not involved before, during - or after really - in anything involving the forum software.

Sorry for the confusion, its just that we get a lot of PMs about "WHY IS XYZ THE WAY IT IS". And my answer usually sounds something like 1 - you're right, that sucks and 2 - dunno why.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Can you imagine a real-world, top 100 company where the only public facing employees claim "I don't know" or basically "not my problem" when presented basic questions by they very people that allow their business to exist? And then when the single person who should know replies, they give you canned third answers from the vendor instead? Woof. GOLFWRX has become Comcast.

edit - BTW I dont know if this was addressed at me or not. But if so:

1 - I'm not claiming I dont know - I actually dont know.

2 - If this was a Top 100 company and I was one of only 3 or 4 mods, I would be very well paid. I havent been paid a dime in the ~ 10 years I've been doing this.

So how would you like the mods to answer your questions about the site software? "Hey guys, why was this dumb change made to the quote box?" My possible answers are "You're right, its dumb" or "I dont know, you're right, its dumb".

We dont know anything that goes on behind the scenes. We dont know anything about how or why software upgrades are made. We have absolutely nothing to do with business decisions. We arent anywhere near a decision loop of any kind. We arent asked about forum software changes, told about them ahead of time or asked to beta test them before they get rolled out.

We find out when you find out - and then people b1tch at us about the changes.

I'm simply pointing out that we are not the people you should be addressing these questions to about the site software. I think I've tried to peel back the curtain a little bit and let you know exactly how things are - vs how you think they are - but thats obviously not been good enough for you. So please, you let me know - how would you like the mods to answer your questions about these kinds of things when not only do we not have the answers but we have no idea how the decision was even made? And chances are - WE AGREE WITH YOU.

Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

I personally understand that it isn't your fault, or the mods fault. The problem is that on most forums of similar size, there is a communications staff who's job it is to convey with members the changes to the site, or the powers that be ensure that the moderation staff are informed enough to do the same. Here it is the exact opposite of that, and even that fact isn't communicated - so people are blaming you, which is in fairness the logical first step up the ladder in the absence of clarifying guidance. Couple those facts, with the fact that the ownership here have acknowledged the communication problems, and continue to operate in the same manner....and..well..here we are.

Threads merged.

Changes was communicated and posted about the editor.

People reported problems and we are addressing them.

New thread appears and people get blamed for not communicating.

Please read previous comments and provide OS and platform and browser so we can narrow down the issues.

BST AD Help

Not casting stones but similar to how we give free reign on mods for the BST. I refer people to them all the time. The board is large and the jobs are thankless. Things are very dynamic and as owners, we get little or no notifications from service providers so we are forced to react accordingly. We continually examine processes that are under our control.

BST AD Help

Not casting stones but similar to how we give free reign on mods for the BST. I refer people to them all the time. The board is large and the jobs are thankless. Things are very dynamic and as owners, we get little or no notifications from service providers so we are forced to react accordingly. We continually examine processes that are under our control.No problem. I get that and can sympathize with what you have had to endure based upon my experience in that other forum that uses this company's software. All I know is based upon what I have experienced there, and now with all the issues that have been encountered here (not all the same, with each having their own unique circumstances for sure), It is not a platform I would want anything to do with simply for the support model it seems to require. The other place has had the same issues for months - not happening to everyone, seemingly related to browser choice or permissions, though nobody seems to know for sure - and the support people from the software vendor are either unwilling or unable to resolve them, and even simple fixes take forever to implement.

When the other place tried to switch to the rich editor it blew up other things and they had to roll that back (nobody seemed to miss it either). They also experienced the same laggy behavior some are reporting here. Over there some were attributing that to how the rich editor apparently creates a ton of HTML in background for every character, line or paragraph (not sure how it works exactly) that a user types in a reply, which got revealed after they flipped back to the older version but someone quoted a reply made in the rich version, which generated an absolute wall of HTML text in the reply box.