Shot Scope V3

According to the manual it uses more power. Seem to be the case from what I have seen. But I never do more then 18 holes so used l1+l5 mostly. without l1+l5 it seems it could do 36 holes. With the rounds have to go really fast :) More accuracy depend on where you live if you get or not don´t know yet how well it´s supported where I live. But it takes several minutes to detect no matter if I use L1 or L1+L5.

I have gotten ghost shots will try disabling l5 again. Missed shots is the same in any mode but that is not gps related. I have to add some 8 shots in general. It´s on the borderline sometimes I remember which club I used and exactly from where.

It has taken a few days a piece, but I've always had responses to the tickets I've raised. 1-3 days or so when submitting via their online portal. Email seems to be another story..

Went out and played with a friend this evening and lost GPS which was a first for me. Very cloudy night, but that shouldn't really be an issue. Either way, flipped to L1+L5 and the unit missed pretty much all of my shots. I'm very disappointed, I only played 8 1/2 holes (damned work) but had a few shots I'd have loved to have seen properly mapped out. Also hit a (downwind) par 5 in two. All of the missed medals!

Any correlation to others based on GPS mode?

I added 6 rounds so far. I like "manual" putting mode better; somehow I putt better. LOL. As I switched back and forth with L1 mode and L1 + L5 Mode, I decided to stick with L1 + L5 for better accuracy and shot recording. It eats up more battery power but not much. It consistently missed my chip shots though I religiously practice-swing. Overall, I am happy with V3.

• Like 1

Changed back to my V2 for yesterday’s round. I think it missed one chip. So much better, but soooo much bigger on the wrist. Hopefully the next update fixes things, but not holding my breath tbh.

Wonder if wrist circumference has anything to so with it i.e. If you have smaller wrists the detecting part of the strap gets further away from the tag

I have small wrists and shit shot detection with the V3.

[size=1][b]Driver[/b] Titleist 915D3 8.5* Veylix Rome Roughneck S, tipped 1''
[b]Spoon[/b] [/size][size=1]Cobra King LTD 13.5* UST Mamiya Chrome Elements S[/size]
[size=1][b]Hybrid[/b] Adams A2ts Aldila Voodoo SNV8 S
[b]Irons[/b] Epon AF-Tour 5 - PW KBS C-taper S
[b]GW[/b] Titleist SM6 52* K-grind
[b]SW[/b] Titleist SM6 oil can 58* V-grind
[b]Putter[/b] Scotty Cameron Phantom Futura[/size]

I have huge wrists (v3 strap watch on last notch) and have had some mixed results. I've had a similar NFC distance hypothesis about the v3 "wrong club" taggings. (Warning... no real info to back up this hypothesis, so put on your tin foil hat if you don't like WAGs... wild *** guesses)

Before I started using my v3, I played with the tag-testing function in the v3 and was getting readings from an unexpected distance, including getting readings through my golf bag, with the watch outside of the bag and the clubs inside the bag. When I'm using my Clicgear, the clubs are angled away from me and I don't get close enough to the tags to get a reading until I pull the club out of the bag. I generally don't have to fix "wrong club" issues when I'm walking. BUT... I played one round with a golf cart and noticed more wrong club issues. In this case, the bag is sitting a foot higher, and the bottom of it is not angled away from me. So when I walk up to my bag with my arms hanging normally, the watch passes much closer to the bottom of the bag where I was able to get club readings in my initial test.

I've also noticed that if I take practice swings with one club, then switch to hit the shot with a different club, it doesn't always switch and record the 2nd club as the one that was used.

So for my anecdotal-evidence based opinion... they strengthened/improved the tags and the NFC antenna in the watch, allowing them to connect more easily and from longer distance, likely in order to fix the "missed" shots problem. So now if you get too close to any of the wrong clubs, you're stuck with the watch recording that club for the next shot. I'm also wondering whether I have similar issues if I reach into the bottom pocket of my bag with my watch hand during a round. Would that cause the watch to "connect" to a club and record the next shot with that club? hmmmmm...

"Of all the hazards, fear is the worst" - Sam Snead
WITB: PXG 0311 ~ Ping Anser 4w @16.5 ~ Cobra F6 Baffler @18.5 ~ Titleist T300 4-P ~ Titleist Vokey 48, 54, 58 ~ Cleveland HB 8

"I've also noticed that if I take practice swings with one club, then switch to hit the shot with a different club, it doesn't always switch and record the 2nd club as the one that was used."

I pulled the wrong club on 18 for my second shot today. I didn't take any practice swings with it but did hold it in my left hand (watch hand). Switched clubs and the original club was the one recorded.

Enjoyed the read and the hypothesis as a fellow member of the pushcart mafia. Skinny wrists here mind you..

Whenever I've tried to do tag tests, I've always been in playing positions or checking wrist angles when handling clubs.

Given my main issue is missed shots, I really can't help but think there must be a variance in hardware because I've never had a read over 6" or so when trying to test.

When I tried the tags I pretty much had to hold them as on adress and very close to the watch. I have 5-10 missed shots per round. One club that never get missed or wrong club is the teeshot. Sometimes they can be doubled. Sometimes maybe when I forgot to hole out so that is excused.

Something quite expected happened today. Lost the plastics thing to keep the wristband in. Not a real issue while playing its secure enough. I lost it at home so hope to find it. Though I did vacuum yesterday

Points above from @Mych made me think about club position and tags. Playing around yesterday evening when putting it into tag mode on settings the watch has a constant lock on the club in hand when in an address postiton and most of the way though the swing. The only time it seems to lose it is when the club is at 90 degrees to my wrist.
I always play with my unit with button lock mode enabled, is this currently hindering the wake function? Beta testers anonymous for Shot Scope courtesy of WRX ?

#590Am I doing something wrong with penalties? I hit my second shot on a par 5 to the right, a 5W, it hit on a slope, kicked right into a penalty area. I went up to where the ball went into the hazard, took my drop, indicated a penalty drop on the watch, then proceed to hit my 6i approach into the hole. When I review the round the penalty is assigned and I indicate that the 5W was a "positional" shot to keep it out of my approach stats as I was not trying to reach the green. However, with or without it be a "positional" shot, no yardage is assigned to it. Like I asked up front, am I doing something wrong or are shots that result in penalties not included in that clubs distance stats?

1596313825439-png.8955883

"Positional" NOT "provisional". I do select "Drop" in the penalty setting on the watch.

What is a positional shot?A positional shot is an approach shot where you are not attempting to hit the green, instead you are intentionally playing into another part of the course. The two typical scenarios where this would occur would be:

1) On a par 5 when you can't reach the green

2) If your drive goes into trouble and you need to play out sideways on the second shot

By marking a shot as "Positional" it will be excluded from the "Approach' and "Club" stats in your performance data which means your stats stay accurate.

I would assume that the shots resulting in a drop are not counted in your averages, as the V3 doesn't know how far you hit it, just where it entered the hazard. I use positional shot during editing, for whenever I have intentionally hit less than a full shot, for example chip out sideways or used an iron to make a short chip onto the green etc. If I forget to tell it a shot was provisional, I have to edit afterwards. If you wait till you get to the ball and then enter provisional, it takes it from there and means more editing. Same with a pin location, if I forget to enter it I just wait till I edit my round.

There is np way to mark a shot as "positional" during the round, only after when editing. I don't have the length to reach any of our par 5s in two so my second shot on those holes is "positional" as Shot Scope recommends. Otherwise, the assumption that is made is that the shot IS an attempt to reach the green and would count as a missed approach (assuming you are like me and can't get there in two). I also use the "positional" designation on my drive on 18 at my home course. I need to stay short of a creek that cuts across the fairway but I also need to get as close to it as I can without going in to have a reasonable shot at getting home in two (it is a par 4). I can't hit my 3W far enough off the tee so I choke down and hit less than a full driver.

Depending on how many rounds you have you can always go back and edit the 2nd shots on par 5s to make them "positional" shots.

Chipping out sideways from trouble is another good use of the "positional" designation but there is no need to do that when using an iron to chip with around the green as anything under 50 yards is part of the short game stat and doesn't affect club distances. From their website:In the Performance pages what is considered a Tee Shot, an Approach, a Short Game shot and a Putt? Tee Shot: Any shot taken from the tee box on a hole apart from par 3's. Par 3 tee shots are considered an approach shot in your stats.Approach shot: Any shot that is taken from outside of 50 yards to the pin and is not the tee shot. Par 3 tee shots are also considered approach shots in your stats.Short Game shots: Any shot from inside 50 yards to the pin that is taken from off the green.Putting: Any shot taken on the green is considered a putt.Note: Only Tee shots and Approach shots are taken into account when calculating the average distance of each club in the bag.

Might sell mine if anyone is interested. Gray one. Used exactly once, and only because I lost my v2 during my birthday round :D

I didn't use the tracking mode, so can't comment on that. Found out I didn't really use the tracking much, as I didn't keep score, only cared about my distances. But I just picked up a GC2 so I have my distances covered, and I just picked up a laser. So I'll just use my apple watch for GPS when/if I need it (I like the GPS for when I'm obviously too far away). I was going to resell without opening, but I lost my v2 as mentioned earlier. I should have just used my apple watch

Firmware has dropped now, huzzah!

Only visible change that I can see is that there is now a club indicator on the lock screen showing the last club that was picked up. This does look quite smart and is a simple indicator below the time. It can be turned on and off in the settings.

I've only managed to get a basic track session, as I have not got a golf course within 1km of my house and I am stuck at my desk! Course testing later hopefully.