Monte's new No Turn - Cast

Hawkeye77

33 minutes ago, Mr_Wolfe said:

Is this a better angle?

Mr. Wolfe

You're still a little outside the ball.

Also you could use a little more flattening of your wrist and to employ some more of the 'No Turn' aspect as you're a bit long and loose at the top. From there it isn't bad at all  - much better than the swing you put up before. 

P3.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheDeanAbides said:

You're still a little outside the ball.

Also you could use a little more flattening of your wrist and to employ some more of the 'No Turn' aspect as you're a bit long and loose at the top. From there it isn't bad at all  - much better than the swing you put up before. 

P3.png

Appreciate the feedback!

Mr. Wolfe

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Wolfe said:

I have a golf trip at the end of the month. Hoping I don't regress too much. I am going to continue to work on it though.

Mr. Wolfe

Lots of slow reps and half swings. I've said this a lot, but Monte recommends 50-75% of your practice time be hitting P3 shots. If you can't control that length of swing then there's no way you can make full swing/full speed changes. 

• Like 2

Been able to get out an practice a bit today but still no access to courses or practice facilities in England ☹️

One thing I will say is that whilst I know that my swing is by no means means perfect, my contact feels great. It really feels like I’m casting to 8 but the video doesn’t look like it and I’m still struggling with my takeaway. But I’m going into the season feeling like the NTC will help me to be more consistent. Any swing change is going to take time. 

Any pointers on my swing greatly appreciated 

Monte posted a good video on the shift/ rotate/ shift/ rotate pattern

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMFW-xPFdLf/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

On 3/6/2021 at 6:51 PM, glk said:

This. 

Also (now I'm sounding like a broken record) your P3 is a bit flat and that's not helping. Through impact you're backing away from it because of the faults glk alludes to with the link. 

37 minutes ago, TheDeanAbides said:

This. 

Also (now I'm sounding like a broken record) your P3 is a bit flat and that's not helping. Through impact you're backing away from it because of the faults glk alludes to with the link. 

Hi I assume you are referring to my swing ?

If so is the P3 at the top of my backswing? Not sure how to resolve that but I’ll try and find out

4 minutes ago, Lordswood said:

Hi I assume you are referring to my swing ?

If so is the P3 at the top of my backswing? Not sure how to resolve that but I’ll try and find out

Sorry, P3 is left arm parallel. You resolve it by learning how to move your wrists correctly from takeaway as shown by Monte in the NTC series. Get that down with mirror work and slow reps. It really does make everything so much easier because all you need from there is a small turn of the shoulders and you're at the top. 

On 3/6/2021 at 11:51 AM, glk said:

that was a nice video. i've seen something similar 100 times, but that one compelled me to go stand against a wall, and check the movements of my current pivot, which surely did not align with what should be happening. more work to do. 

• Like 2

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

8 hours ago, TheDeanAbides said:

Sorry, P3 is left arm parallel. You resolve it by learning how to move your wrists correctly from takeaway as shown by Monte in the NTC series. Get that down with mirror work and slow reps. It really does make everything so much easier because all you need from there is a small turn of the shoulders and you're at the top. 

TBH this is the takeaway is the area I struggle with most, its fine without a ball or in front of a mirror, but put a ball down and I just revert to type (inside takeaway). Just got to try and and get it more vertical but its tough 🙂

Thanks 

6 minutes ago, Lordswood said:

TBH this is the takeaway is the area I struggle with most, its fine without a ball or in front of a mirror, but put a ball down and I just revert to type (inside takeaway). Just got to try and and get it more vertical but its tough 🙂

Thanks 

It's well worth the effort. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, MonteScheinblum said:

I say this to everyone.

1.  How many more reps do you have doing it the wrong way?

2.  If you spent 8 years getting 50 pounds over weight (me), would you expect a few days or even weeks of dieting and workouts to get rid of it?

1. 10,000 to 1. but we are waiting for the one epiphany swing where it all makes sense and we turn into Adam Scott. 

2. That is generally the expectation. We are here for the stomach staple and not a personally designed nutrition and workout regime. 

In all seriousness though, for me, the NTC at least sparks some immediate positive feedback. you certainly dont leave a range session as a tour pro, but for someone who comes OTT, is steep, and has to stall and extend to make any kind of contact, feeling in sync with the body and attacking from the inside is an addicting feel. And seeing a more penetrating flight, and the same distance without a full swing and with what feels like less effort is very rewarding. Of course it is new. Inconsistency is bound to happen. Drifting to old tendencies occurs. But there is the lightbulb moment where I feel like that was a great swing, that's a perfect divot, the ball went right where I sent it, and at least I know what I am supposed to be doing now. There is literally some direction to follow. 

Edited by scooterhd2
  • Like 2

PING G400 MAX 10*, Ventus Blue 6X

Cleveland HiBore XL 2 Wood - THE GOAT

Cobra F6 Baffler 17,5*, AD DI 8S

Cobra F7 Hybrid 21.5*, AD DI 95S

Srixon ZX5mk2 5, ZX7mk2 6-PW Modus 120x

50/54/60 Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore DG Spinner

Question that might've been answered in the other 36 pages @MonteScheinblum. Swinging from P3 is gospel as learned the Efficient Swing. Now, question is with the wrist conditions, do you apply at the P3 prior to the downswing or just before the downswing intent? I'm shanking like a boss and standing the shaft up considerably. My guess is that I'm not rotating enough. 

10 hours ago, MonteScheinblum said:

I say this to everyone.

1.  How many more reps do you have doing it the wrong way?

2.  If you spent 8 years getting 50 pounds over weight (me), would you expect a few days or even weeks of dieting and workouts to get rid of it?

Oh I’m not expecting any quick resolution. My faults are down to being self taught from and early age and I’ve struggled with the takeaway for years. Multiple coaches have tried to ‘fix’ it

The NTC has introduced some new concepts that has really changed the feeling in my swing. This can only be a good thing. 

Not being able to hit balls on a course or a range is really frustrating at the moment. Not long to restrictions are lifted 👍🏼

7 hours ago, Stanks said:

Question that might've been answered in the other 36 pages @MonteScheinblum. Swinging from P3 is gospel as learned the Efficient Swing. Now, question is with the wrist conditions, do you apply at the P3 prior to the downswing or just before the downswing intent? I'm shanking like a boss and standing the shaft up considerably. My guess is that I'm not rotating enough. 

Do you mean with P3 swings? 

11 hours ago, Stanks said:

If I understand your question, I think Monte says in the video the wrist timing might depend, some earlier and some later. My natural tendency is has always been a more bowed wrist earlier, so by P3 I’m feeling a bowed wrist, almost like the back of my hand is facing the camera if it was filming from behind me.  When I started NTC, I also shanked the ball. For me it was the transition move, keeping the right shoulder from dipping and stop throwing my hands out towards the ball.  The right shoulder plays a big role and there has been some great discussion in this thread on that topic. It’s worth going back.  But I agree, focusing on the cast(s) and not rotating the left hip out of the way can also cause the hosel reuniting with the ball. 

Quick update just to show it's not all roses...far from it.

After winning two tournaments in a row, I just about completely imploded this past weekend and was darn near last.  My only takeaways were:

1. I missed a lot of greens and basically have been slacking too much lately on full swing work while I chase short game.

2. Didn't matter how much I practiced short game when the greens were so beat up...couldn't get a putt to fall to save my life.

3. There will be bad days...so what...moving on.

Must resist over-analysis...just get to the drills...trust.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, TheDeanAbides said:

Do you mean with P3 swings? 

I reread my verbiage and I suck at English. Bring the club back to P3, doing the part A and B drill from P3 (Left arm parallel). Tried it again at the range today and it was shank city. Worked on it a good bit and seemed to do alright. I tend to get steep in the long irons so, I had to keep reminding myself to shallow out and try and hit the ball from the inside but, that's my issue. 

Early Extension is minorly present still. But, hitting shots from left arm parallel is very helpful. 

5 hours ago, Stanks said:

I reread my verbiage and I suck at English. Bring the club back to P3, doing the part A and B drill from P3 (Left arm parallel). Tried it again at the range today and it was shank city. Worked on it a good bit and seemed to do alright. I tend to get steep in the long irons so, I had to keep reminding myself to shallow out and try and hit the ball from the inside but, that's my issue. 

Early Extension is minorly present still. But, hitting shots from left arm parallel is very helpful. 

P3 swings require only cast b. There's no time for both.

Post a video of your setup. EE is often because of setup. 

I have a question about rotating to impact. In the videos Monte says to cast towards 8 at the start of the down swing, and from there you just have to rotate. I have a tendency to throw and use my arms in my golf swing. Not using them at all is alien to me. Am I really just suppose to cast it towards 8, and then keep my arms in a static position and rotate to impact? 

12 minutes ago, xKono said:

I have a question about rotating to impact. In the videos Monte says to cast towards 8 at the start of the down swing, and from there you just have to rotate. I have a tendency to throw and use my arms in my golf swing. Not using them at all is alien to me. Am I really just suppose to cast it towards 8, and then keep my arms in a static position and rotate to impact? 

When are arms are connected and in synch with the pivot then the feel can be that they are doing nothing especially if one is used to pulling down with them.   One of my intents is to hit the ball with my trail shoulder and not even think about my arms - when I get to active with my arms I tend to stall my trail shoulder which not good.

but assuming a good backswing etc from NTC then the cast freezer drills when one rotates involves doing nothing with the arms - if you rotate and side bend your trail arm will extend without you thinking about it  - eventually  -  and maybe to start you’ll swing and miss but keep at it and your brain will learn.

one of monte latest examples 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL17ma6F3El/

Edited by glk
  • Like 1

Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife.  Doomed is your soul and damned is your life.
Enjoy every sandwich

The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is that you don’t know you are a member.   The second rule is that we’re all members from time to time.

One drink and that's it. Don't be rude. Drink your drink... do it quickly. Say good night...and go home ...

#kwonified

The pros move their arms from the top of the back swing from 0 mph to left arm parallel to 22mph. This needs to be done by moving the arms/hands rapidly and actively down. How somebody feels this is individual but is is definitely not passive. Monte has said this many times (left shoulder off the chest, right arm straightening). As a drill it might be helpful to first start this movement slowly but eventually it needs to be speeded up.

4 hours ago, bcc624 said:

Am I stupid? I can’t access my purchases in the iOS apps. Anyone else experience this? How did you fix? When I select the series or video, I get this message: “Sorry! This content is not available as a part of our subscription offering” 

I get that a lot.  I just log out and log back in.

• Like 1