Steadfast golf shafts

Well because I am a moron, and was maybe up too late one night. I bought one of these $99 shafts. I just received it. First impressions are kinda mixed. It has a cool raw finish to it where you can see the carbon fiber weave. The logo is just a cheap looking sticker. Not too impressed with that. 

I will have to give it a swing asap to see how it plays. It is super low torque. Like 1.8 or something like that. So I expect it to feel like rebar. I am sure that for a $99 shaft there are no space age materials that will make it super tight in torque but fell good as well. But, we will see. 

Driver: Taylormade SIM 9 Project X Green 60TX

Fairway Finder: Taylormade Original One 13.5 Ventus Red 9X
Taylormade Gapr low 2 ventus blue 9x
4-PW Cobra king forged CB KBS $ Taper 130 X flex
Wedges 50, 54, 60 Cleveland ZIPCORE
PUTTER; Kronos release long neck
BALL; Bridgestone BX, OR Taylomade TP5x PIX

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cody - they can say it's whatever tq they want, doesn't mean it is. Also for $99 there's no way their low tq is achieved through premium materials, but rather using TOO MANY layers of materials.

🤨🤔 Just joined and this was first post. Nope not suspicious in any way🙄

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, QuigleyDU said:

Well because I am a moron, and was maybe up too late one night. I bought one of these $99 shafts. I just received it. First impressions are kinda mixed. It has a cool raw finish to it where you can see the carbon fiber weave. The logo is just a cheap looking sticker. Not too impressed with that. 

I will have to give it a swing asap to see how it plays. It is super low torque. Like 1.8 or something like that. So I expect it to feel like rebar. I am sure that for a $99 shaft there are no space age materials that will make it super tight in torque but fell good as well. But, we will see. 

Holy low torque, the website says 1.2 in stiff and x

3 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

Holy low torque, the website says 1.2 in stiff and x

Thats it.. Super low right!!

Here is the website for anyone else that is interested.. 

https://steadfastgolf.com/products/shaft?variant=36000277889177

Edited by QuigleyDU

Sooo.. the results were not good. They say their shaft is super low torque. It does not feel that way. The shaft i discovered is actually super thick. That old school shaft building to make it stiff. 

I literally took 10 swings and the epoxy broke lose and they adaptor started spinning on the shaft. 

There was zero shaft prep done so how would it bond to begin with...

steadfast = failure.

its too bad though as I was hoping that it would be decent. I didn’t think a 99 dollar shaft would be a ventus but dang.. it’s sad..

Just now, QuigleyDU said:

Sooo.. the results were not good. They say their shaft is super low torque. It does not feel that way. The shaft i discovered is actually super thick. That old school shaft building to make it stiff. 

I literally took 10 swings and the epoxy broke lose and they adaptor started spinning on the shaft. 

There was zero shaft prep done so how would it bond to begin with...

steadfast = failure.

its too bad though as I was hoping that it would be decent. I didn’t think a 99 dollar shaft would be a ventus but dang.. it’s sad..

That's really bad that they didn't even prep the shaft. 

• 3 weeks later...

Update. 

I hit the steadfast shaft today.  I have to say, I was quite surprised, it held its own, every shot was down the middle or slightly left with a draw.  Nothing missed right which is surprising because that it my miss.  I was using the sub 70 driver head, which I have to say is the loudest thing I have heard in a while. Wow it is loud. The next test will be with my epic flash, I will update after that test. But so far I can say the shaft is a solid performer. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2020 at 10:47 PM, kkwafo said:

Update. 

I hit the steadfast shaft today.  I have to say, I was quite surprised, it held its own, every shot was down the middle or slightly left with a draw.  Nothing missed right which is surprising because that it my miss.  I was using the sub 70 driver head, which I have to say is the loudest thing I have heard in a while. Wow it is loud. The next test will be with my epic flash, I will update after that test. But so far I can say the shaft is a solid performer. 

Any update on the test with the epic flash?

If you want to hit high this is the shaft . I used it in my Epic Flash with loss of control and distance. It’s in the bin.

• Like 2

Livin' proof that Lefties are not naturally talented.

Driver Callaway Epic Flash 10.5 set to 9.5
3 Wood Epic Flash set to 16 degrees
3-5 Hybrids Epic Flash 18 20 23 degrees
6 hybrid Big Bertha 26 degree 
7-AW Callaway Mavrik Irons 
50 degree GW Vokey SM7
56 degree SW Vokey SM7
Odyssey White Hot V-Line Fang

So the results are in, I hit this shaft with my epic flash driver head.  Both outside and inside on a GC2 launch monitor. Please save your money, this shaft is not gonna replace even a midrange aftermarket shaft. Shots outside were okay, playable, but abit higher than I like to see and they didn't go as far as my gamer shaft(ventus black 6x Velocore).  I know it was a tall order to expect the steadfast shaft to beat the ventus(but, hey they are promising a lot in their ads).  Compared to the ventus, the steadfast spun at least 1000rpm more.  I would say for a $100 bucks it's okay, but it probably performed like any stock shaft out there.  My ventus definitely went further and flew flatter than the steadfast.  Maybe it's for some players out there, but it definitely didn't beat my gamer.  Is it stable,  yeah it felt stable, but it also felt at times a bit twisty at impact if that makes sense. It's going to the garage with the other discarded equipment for now. 

I ordered a shaft from what was likely their first batch. There were several issues at that point. Their customer service was very responsive and talked to me like a human being, which was nice. They sent a new shaft which arrived today. Here is what I’ve seen between the 2 so far (in order of what matters most to me. Some may be unimportant to some of you). 

1. Length - initially advertised as 45.75” ‘cut length’ (w/o the head, end of grip to where it meets the head). Actual ‘cut length’ is 42.25”, same in both shafts. Now the site says ‘playing’ length (with head on) is 45”. It’s actually 44”. Not sure how you get a detail like that wrong. Kind of important. 

2. The shaft adapter epoxy issue happened to a lot of shafts in their first batch from what they told me. New shaft doesn’t seem to have that issue. 

3. Feel - to me it feels stiff as a board. Not a problem, just sharing my reaction. Same for both shafts. I got x-stiff, feels MUCH stiffer than my HZRDUS Smoke shaft, but the HZ shaft is 1.25” longer. Hard for me to square the face up with how stiff it is. 
4. Shaft sticker - every other shaft I’ve owned has the logo facing down at address, this is facing up, and it’s a little crooked. Same on both shafts. Annoying, IMO. You can see the misalignment and inconsistencies even in the product images on their site it you look close enough. Even their “A” products are off. Shouldn’t impact how it plays though. 
5. Grip installation - completely twisted in the first shaft, slightly twisted in the 2nd. 

23 minutes ago, 6won2 said:

I ordered a shaft from what was likely their first batch. There were several issues at that point. Their customer service was very responsive and talked to me like a human being, which was nice. They sent a new shaft which arrived today. Here is what I’ve seen between the 2 so far (in order of what matters most to me. Some may be unimportant to some of you). 

1. Length - initially advertised as 45.75” ‘cut length’ (w/o the head, end of grip to where it meets the head). Actual ‘cut length’ is 42.25”, same in both shafts. Now the site says ‘playing’ length (with head on) is 45”. It’s actually 44”. Not sure how you get a detail like that wrong. Kind of important. 

2. The shaft adapter epoxy issue happened to a lot of shafts in their first batch from what they told me. New shaft doesn’t seem to have that issue. 

3. Feel - to me it feels stiff as a board. Not a problem, just sharing my reaction. Same for both shafts. I got x-stiff, feels MUCH stiffer than my HZRDUS Smoke shaft, but the HZ shaft is 1.25” longer. Hard for me to square the face up with how stiff it is. 
4. Shaft sticker - every other shaft I’ve owned has the logo facing down at address, this is facing up, and it’s a little crooked. Same on both shafts. Annoying, IMO. You can see the misalignment and inconsistencies even in the product images on their site it you look close enough. Even their “A” products are off. Shouldn’t impact how it plays though. 
5. Grip installation - completely twisted in the first shaft, slightly twisted in the 2nd. 

Just went to post a similar review on their site. Got the “your review has been submitted” message, but it’s not showing on their site. I’m assuming they wrote all 13 of their “5 star” reviews themselves based on the fact that ALL 13 have capitalized subject lines, and my review didn’t show up. Sketchy!!!!

On 10/14/2020 at 4:42 PM, kkwafo said:

So the results are in, I hit this shaft with my epic flash driver head.  Both outside and inside on a GC2 launch monitor. Please save your money, this shaft is not gonna replace even a midrange aftermarket shaft. Shots outside were okay, playable, but abit higher than I like to see and they didn't go as far as my gamer shaft(ventus black 6x Velocore).  I know it was a tall order to expect the steadfast shaft to beat the ventus(but, hey they are promising a lot in their ads).  Compared to the ventus, the steadfast spun at least 1000rpm more.  I would say for a $100 bucks it's okay, but it probably performed like any stock shaft out there.  My ventus definitely went further and flew flatter than the steadfast.  Maybe it's for some players out there, but it definitely didn't beat my gamer.  Is it stable,  yeah it felt stable, but it also felt at times a bit twisty at impact if that makes sense. It's going to the garage with the other discarded equipment for now. 

I had the same “twisty” feel, turns out the shaft adapter came loose and the head was actually twisting at impact. Took a few holes to realize it. I thought my game had just gone to absolute hell. 

their marketing seems to be all over the place... I remember the Facebook posts and ads saying the stiff was in the 60g range and the x stiff was in the 70s

now the website shows the stiff at 47g and the x stiff is 49!

I too was intrigued to try one (never did or will) but not surprised how poor the feedback is..... also, side note, why is this is in the Japanese / non US section? it says its made in Missouri

PXG Proto 0811x 9*.... Tensei Pro Orange 60tx or TM SIM Max 9* ... KBS TD 60 cat4

PXG 0211 3w 15*.... Tensei Pro Blue 70tx or TM SIM 15* ... KBS TD 70 cat4

TM SIM DHY 18* ...KBS Prototype 95x

TM SIM Rescue 22* ... Diamana Thump 105x
Srixon Z Forged 5 - P ... Project X PXI 115 6.5

Vokey SM8 raw black 51, 55, 59

LowTide Custom Fin putter

Really wish I had seen this thread before I decided I couldn't ignore these sponsored IG posts anymore lol.  Now I'm definitely not trying this at a driving range.  The length was really odd to me as well, I used to play my old gamer at 44.75" and now play the SIM at the stock length of 45.75".  Just looking down and waggling this thing with the driver head on, it looks and feels like I put the SIM on a 7 wood shaft.  Good grief.

WITB 2020
- SIM 10.5 one click lower, Kuro Kage DC TiNi 60TS
-F9 4/5 wood 18.5 -1.5*, Ventus 8S
-MP H5 2 iron, PX 6.0
-F9 Baffler 21*, Diamana Thump 90S
-z785 5-7, z-Forged 8-PW, PX LZ 5.5
-50/54/58 Cleveland RTX 4 Mid, PX LZ 6.0
-Cushman Custom Golf C&C #2
-Srixon Z-Star 2020

LOL. Has anyone taken the time to weigh one of these and verify that they even got the weight right? I thought about getting one, but since they're suggesting it is a high launch profile, it's not for me. To many Proforce V2s online for less than the $99 they want for these and the V2 is a proven performer.

BT

• Like 1

Mizuno ST180 10.5 - Diamana Kai'Li 70 S @ 44.5"
Mizuno JPX 850 3w 14.5 - Diamana Kai'Li 80 S @ 43"
Mizuno JPX 850 7w 19.5 - Diamana Kai'Li 80 S @ 41.5"
Mizuno MP5 4-PW - Aldila RIP Tour 115 R
Mizuno MP-T5 52, 56 & 60 - TT Wedge
Grips - Grip Master Master Perforated Midsize

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Fujikura Golf said:

Cody - they can say it's whatever tq they want, doesn't mean it is. Also for $99 there's no way their low tq is achieved through premium materials, but rather using TOO MANY layers of materials.

again, they're a small new company trying to make waves. 1.2 tq is likely not accurate nor achieved in a way that you will benefit from. That is just targeting a # for marketing.

You should post a photo of the tip without the adapter so we can see how thick it is and possibly non-concentric.

Hi Steadfast - we appreciate your efforts to join GolfWRX and defend your products. That being said, as soon as you spread misinformation and call us out we are compelled to join the conversation. We have been producing composite shafts in Japan since 1974 and here in Carlsbad, CA since 1994. We have never, nor will ever release products to market without having thoroughly player tested and durability tested. So when we hear you say you've gone through 4 iterations of a product in three months all of which have been sold to consumers, that is really disheartening and is not keeping the golfer's best interest in mind. You're doing a disservice to our industry and deceiving consumers.

Since you are not able to validate any of your "3rd party testing" claims we will just respectfully request you no longer use our brand in your marketing or sales pitches and would rather see you explain your engineering experience & expertise and how this is being infused in your products. 

Thanks guys!

that would have been a good idea to take a picture. I already sent it back for a refund. Lesson learned and will be Sticking with proven products from now on.

you know who that is..

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 8:50 PM, Ri_Redneck said:

LOL. Has anyone taken the time to weigh one of these and verify that they even got the weight right? I thought about getting one, but since they're suggesting it is a high launch profile, it's not for me. To many Proforce V2s online for less than the $99 they want for these and the V2 is a proven performer.

BT

Weight is hard to verify since it has to be done without the grip and adapter. Here are some of my shaft weights for comparison (I like to experiment with different models and lengths):

note that lengths referenced are measured from end of grip to where the adapter meets the head. Add 1.25” if you measure all the way to the bottom of the adapter. All weights include standard size grip and adapter. 

1. Steadfast S1 X flex, 42.25”, 139g with golf pride tour velvet cord - 2 wraps

2. Steadfast S3 X flex, 42.25”, 123g with golf pride tour velvet - 1 wrap

3. Tensei CK Series X flex, 43.25”, 137g with golf pride tour velvet cord - 2 wraps (70g weight listed on the shaft)

4. Kuro Kage X flex, 42.5”, 136g, with golf pride tour velvet - 2 wraps (70g weight listed on shaft)

5. Hzrdus Smoke X flex (6.0), 43.5”, 120g, with golf pride multi compound - 1 wrap (70g weight listed on shaft)

Grips, wraps, and lengths can add almost as much weight as the shaft itself. 

• Like 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Steadfast Golf said:

speedy!

I was thinking pretty average results.. not terrible but didn’t shine either.

Edited by QuigleyDU

28 minutes ago, Steadfast Golf said:

It was a fair review, as always from TXG! I think the last 20 seconds brought it home. 

A customer sent them these S2 shafts back in October  

Can't wait for them to get their hands on our S4 shafts we will send them!

Hmm.. I guess I missed out by purchasing early..

I had a coworker also try one of these shafts and came to the same conclusions that most of you all did. When he told me the 1.2* torque  number I literally lol’d. 

Edited by the bishop

TEE EXS 220 10.5*
Maltby KE4 TC 14*
Maltby KE4 TC 19*/22*
Maltby TS1 5-P
Maltby MGTG 52/56/60
TM Patina Juno

15 minutes ago, Steadfast Golf said:

Ok - - we will assume that's a no....

No one knows what that means ^ 

If you have any questions feel free to reach out and we'd be happy to help 🙂

If not -- carry on!

It is a movie quote. 

1 minute ago, Steadfast Golf said:

We are here to answer and and all questions you guys have! We stand behind our products 👍

There is lots of great content on our IG page of testing and photos that you can check out if you want 🙂 

In the interest of that honesty, are your torque numbers measured "legitimately" in the sense that you're using somewhat standard measuring methods? And if so, any details on balance point would be interesting to see. 👍 

Taylormade SIM 10.5* Diamana X'17 70XX || Mizuno ST190 9.5* Tensei Pro Blue 70TX
Taylormade SIM Ti Tour Issue 16* Kuro Kage 80XTS || Titleist 915FD 14.25* Kuro Kage 80XTS
Taylormade SIM Max 18.5* Tensei Pro White 90TX || Titleist 915FD 17.25* Kuro Kage 90XTS
Taylormade GAPR Lo 3 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid || Taylormade RSI UDI 20* Kuro Kage 100XTS Hybrid
Callaway X-Forged UT 23* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 DPC 5i-7i 27*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey Mild Raw 8620 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Pro Platinum