Fujikura equivalent of Blueboard?

jcvandamme

I've always been a fan of the launch and feel of the Blueboard/Tensei blue lines over the years, but I'm looking to branch out. Which of the Fujikura line is closest? Would it be the Motore X F3? I've been really intrigued by what I'm hearing about the F3. Or is there a different shaft that I should be looking at?

8 hours ago, Red4282 said:

Each fujikura line has a shaft that is mid launch mid spin like the blueboard profile. There is ventus blue, atmos blue, and im sure the motore line has it as well, not sure which one. 

Ventus Blue is way stiffer from mid to tip than any Blueboard variant. 

The Atmos Blue TS, Motore X F3, and Speeder EVO VI are closer to the Blueboard realm albeit with slightly stiffer tips.

21 minutes ago, storm319 said:

The Atmos Blue TS, Motore X F3, and Speeder EVO VI are closer to the Blueboard realm albeit with slightly stiffer tips.

I know they will all be slightly different but i was talking just the “midflight” shaft in the lineups- fuji: low- black, mid-blue, high-red. MRC: low- white, mid-blue, high-red.

I used the OG blueboard for years and several years later discovered the motore vc ts 7.3. Its very very similar in my opinion. On paper maybe not, but the feel and results were. 

• Like 1

The atmos blue. Mitsubishi calls the new Gen blueboards “mid-low” shafts now and that’s what Fuji calls the atmos blue.

the motors x f3 is close as well but is more of an offshoot with better features IMO

PRDYMTC TOUR  9.8° + UB6 / PRDYMTC  15°@16 + UB6 / MVRKTC 18° + UB8 G430 26°@25+ IZ95 / FRGD TEC5-G + MODUS115 / MD5TC / SPDR EXTC + GPS

While there are a number of mid/mid shafts in the Fujikura lineup, the closest match to the "Blueboard" bend profile is the Fujikura Speeder Evo series. Ventus Red isn't too far off. 

• Like 2

Cobra Aerojet LS 10.5* - Hzrdus Black Gen 4 60 6.5 / Aerojet LS 3 - AD TP 7X / SZ Tour 5 - AD TP 8X / Apex 21 4H - AD IZ 95X / Cobra Tour 5-P, RTX6 50 M KBS $ Taper HT S+ / 56F - KBS 610S / 60M KBS Hi Rev 2.0 S/ White Hot OG #7 CH / Maxfli Tour

2 hours ago, cw1209 said:

While there are a number of mid/mid shafts in the Fujikura lineup, the closest match to the "Blueboard" bend profile is the Fujikura Speeder Evo series. Ventus Red isn't too far off. 

Agreed, the EVO 757's are right there with the original Blueboard as being the progenitor of the soft mid "Blue" profile. Ventus Red and Atmos Red are closer in most respects then their "Blue" versions.  

• Thanks 1

Titleist TSi3 9* Tensei AV White 65TX 2.0 // Taylormade SIM 10.5* Ventus TR Blue 6TX
Taylormade Stealth+ 16* Ventus Black 8x // Taylormade SIM Ti V2 16.5* Ventus TR Blue 7X
Callaway Apex UW 19* Ventus Black 8x // Srixon ZX Utility MKII 19* Nippon GOST Prototype Hybrid 10
Callaway X-Forged Single♦️  22* Nippon GOST Hybrid Tour X 
Bridgestone 
J40 DPC 4i-7i 24*- 35* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Bridgestone J40 CB 8i-PW 39*- 48* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0

Taylormade Milled Grind Raw 54* Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Vokey SM6 58* Oil Can Low Bounce K-Grind Brunswick Precision Rifle FCM 7.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Tour Red Dot || Taylormade Spider X Navy Slant

Interesting. I always assumed the 757 was a lower launching shaft. I had one of those back in an original r7 Quad TP that I was a big fan of, but that was about 10 mph of swing speed ago. I'm only between 100 and 105mph right now and I'm kind of nervous that's too much shaft now. I've been kind of gravitating towards the mid-high shafts due to the decrease in swing speed.

On 9/20/2020 at 8:39 AM, storm319 said:

Atmos Blue TS Is somewhat Similar but stiffer in the butt.

The EVO VI is NOT close at all evo VI reminds me of the Diamana W, The Evo V & the OG Evo I are close but the Evo V is slightly counter balanced & they both are Color Coded Blue for a reason.

Depending on if you are looking for a Driver or a Fairway I have found the Motore 7.3TS performs almost IDENTICAL to the Classic BB83 in a Fairway Wood.

Edited by ignitewvu

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

I used to play OG Blue Boards and find the Atmos Blue TS to be similar in flight and feel. Love the 70 in my 4wd, experimenting with the 60 in my driver currently.

• Like 1

Rogue ST Max LS or Paradym 10.5 (9.5) Ventus TR 5 R

Paradym 3HL  NVS 65 R
AI Smoke 21* and 24*
PXG GEN6 XP 2X Black 6-GW MMT 6 or AI Smoke 6-GW Tensei white 75 R

PM Grind 2.0 54 and 58

Bettinardi Innovai Rev 6.0  33” 

E.R.C. Soft TT/ Chrome Soft TT / TM Tour Response '20

• 3 months later...
On 9/20/2020 at 4:22 AM, jcvandamme said:

I've always been a fan of the launch and feel of the Blueboard/Tensei blue lines over the years, but I'm looking to branch out. Which of the Fujikura line is closest? Would it be the Motore X F3? I've been really intrigued by what I'm hearing about the F3. Or is there a different shaft that I should be looking at?

I’ve really enjoyed the Diamana BF & S+ lines over the last couple of years.

Atmos Blue has been really good in my u510 1 iron, but I found the flight ballooned when I played it in the driver  - much more so than my CK Pro Blue.

I’ve also got the Speeder Evolution IV 661 - and that’s really smooth as well. I think this line is a lighter weight version of the 757s. I’d recommend giving this one a try if you get a chance to.

• Like 1

What about Ventus Red? I think the Blue version would be a little too low launch for me. My only concern is that even on the Red model the torque is lower than I'm used to playing. Even the Tensei Pro Blue that I'm using now has a torque around 4.

I've started to realize that I don't need a low launch/low spin shaft anymore. I'm more mid to mid-high launch now, but I do love the smooth feel of a Blueboard, and I wouldn't mind just a touch bit higher launch. My home course has a lot of doglegs so having a high ball flight is rewarded more than just pure distance.

I tend to gravitate towards the lower spinning heads because I like the more compact look. Current driver is a G400 LST, but I'm looking to get fitted and upgrade early next season.

On 9/20/2020 at 1:22 PM, jcvandamme said:

I am exactly like you. I am currently using Tensei AV Blue for Driver and 3 wood and Atmos Blue with with my hybrid. Very comparable but I find Atmos Blue to be more stable which is a good thing. I might completely move over to Atmos Blue for my driver and fairway on my next purchase as they come with lower torque with similar bend profile compared to the Blueboard/Tensei series.

Edit: Atmos black is another consideration just for my driver. Different from blue but allows for more penetrating ball flight.

Edited by hypergolf

Driver - Titleist TS3 9.5* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-6x

3 wood - Titleist TS2 15* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7x

5wood - Titleist TS2 18* w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-8x

Irons - Srixon ZX7 4, Srixon Z Forged 5- PW w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus 3 Tour 120X

Gap Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 52* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Sand Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore 58* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Lob Wedge - Cleveland RTX Zipcore Full Face 64* w/ Nippon NS Pro Modus Wedge 115

Putter - Bettinardi DASS Diamond Face BB8 w/ Stability Tour Black

Ball - Srixon Z Star

20 hours ago, jcvandamme said:

What about Ventus Red? I think the Blue version would be a little too low launch for me. My only concern is that even on the Red model the torque is lower than I'm used to playing. Even the Tensei Pro Blue that I'm using now has a torque around 4.

I've started to realize that I don't need a low launch/low spin shaft anymore. I'm more mid to mid-high launch now, but I do love the smooth feel of a Blueboard, and I wouldn't mind just a touch bit higher launch. My home course has a lot of doglegs so having a high ball flight is rewarded more than just pure distance.

I tend to gravitate towards the lower spinning heads because I like the more compact look. Current driver is a G400 LST, but I'm looking to get fitted and upgrade early next season.

Low spin heads and shafts that launch more are great combo if it fits, I fall into that category as well. The lower spin head helps with dispersion and the smoother shafts takes care of the launch part. Don’t be afraid of it

On 9/20/2020 at 9:09 AM, Red4282 said:

I know they will all be slightly different but i was talking just the “midflight” shaft in the lineups- fuji: low- black, mid-blue, high-red. MRC: low- white, mid-blue, high-red.

I used the OG blueboard for years and several years later discovered the motore vc ts 7.3. Its very very similar in my opinion. On paper maybe not, but the feel and results were. 

Couldn't agree more the 7.3 feels and launches almost identical to the BB83.   I have had it in my 3 wood for 2 years and it's like an old friend.  The perfect 3 wood shaft......

Taylormade QI10LS 10.5 (@9.5) Fujikura Ventus Velocore Blue 6S (Testing Velocore + 6S)
Taylormade Stealth 2+ 15 (@14.50) Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1S Tipped .5"
Callaway Apex "21" 19/3H Aldila Rogue Black TS95 Tipped .5"
Taylormade SLDR 4i DGSLS300S
Taylormade P750 7-PW P770 5i-6i DG AMT White S300
Taylormade MG2 52 DGTIS400, MG4TW 56/12 DGTIS400, & Tour Issued MG3 Hi Toe 60/09 DGTIS200 115
Scotty Cameron TeI3 Long Neck Newport 2 34" (34")
Bridgestone Tour B XS (Testing New TP5x)

I’ll echo some of the posts above with Ventus Red. Ventus Blue performed more similarly to the White Diamana profiles for me with Ventus Black being some next level stiff. When Fujikura lists them as “Mid-High,” “Mid,” and “Low” they’re comparing Ventus to Ventus not Ventus to some preconceived standard of high, mid and low. 

• Thanks 1

Stealth Plus+ 10.5* || Ventus Blue TR 7x

SIM2 Rescue 17* || Ventus Blue HB 8x

X-Forged UT 18* || MMT UT 105tx

TSi2 21* || Ventus Black HB 10tx

T100/620MB 5-9 || DG X7

SM9 47 || DG X7

SM9 51, 55, 59 || DG X1

BB8 Tri Wiz Cu Insert || BGT Stability Tour

Bettinardi BKS #1

On 12/24/2020 at 2:04 PM, jcvandamme said:

This actually is a good compariaon, although is probably tip the red a bit.

• 3 months later...

I have a Mavrick driver with a Tensei Blue 60 Stiff shaft.

i had a Speeder 661 Evolution Tour Stiff shaft in my previous driver, which was a Taylormade.  

is the Speeder a better shaft that I should get an adapter for to fit on my Mavrick? Or is technology better now where the Tensei Blue is a better shaft? The Speeder was an up charge shaft at the time; the Tensei Blue was a stock option.

My swing speed is around 97-100.

Thanks for any thoughts.

9 hours ago, hrh313 said:

is the Speeder a better shaft that I should get an adapter for to fit on my Mavrick? Or is technology better now where the Tensei Blue is a better shaft? The Speeder was an up charge shaft at the time; the Tensei Blue was a stock option.

That type of concept of "better" doesn't apply to shaft fitting.  For the vast majority of ams the 'technology' just doesn't have a direct influence on the performance or capabilities or longevity like it can in other types of products (e.g. electronics, cars).   Picking a shaft that's a good fit is much more about the subjective evaluation of the feel of the shaft during the swing.   Both the weight feel and the loading/unloading feel.    So once you understand that, a better analogy is more like deciding what your favorite ice cream flavor might be.   If someone invents a new flavor, that doesn't mean it's any more likely to become a favorite than one of the older flavors.   So for most,  'Technology' and even cost have little direct relationship with performance.

So, the ONLY way to tell if one would be a better fit for you over the other is to try both side-by-side and compare the feel and results you get with the two shafts.   Since you have both shafts, it certainly couldn't hurt to give it a go if you don't mind spending the money on switching adapters.   But if money is tight and there is no known 'problem' or issue with the current shaft you're trying to solve or fix, then there is likely not a big need to find a different shaft.

There are some exceptions - but really only at the extremes for those who need certain weight and stiffness combinations.   e.g.  those who would fit into the ultra-light weight shafts but need higher stiffness.   The newer technology has allowed higher stiffness levels with less weight than what might previously been needed.

Edited by Stuart_G