Golf shoes

I currently wear Ecco Biom G2 shoes and have had them for 3 years.  They look hideous but are the most comfortable shoes I've ever had.  I'm thinking about getting a new pair but would like opinions.  My choices would the Ecco Biom G3, Sqairz, FJ pro sl/carbon, or the Jordan adg line.  Any recommendations?  

Callaway AI Smoke Paradym 💎💎💎9* - Tour AD VF-7TX

TM SIM ti 15* - Diamana GT 80TX

TM Tour Issue Rescue 11 TP Deep Face Proto 16* - Ventus Black HB 9TX

New Level NLU-01 21* - KBS Hybrid Proto 105X

New Level 623-M 5-PW - MMT 125TX

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Not sure that you can go wrong with Pro SL. Spikeless is not my thing but the sheer number of people I see wearing them out and about simply cannot be a coincidence. 

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

i just got a pair of Ecco Biom Hybrid 3. Theyre going for ~$149 for select colors. They were by far the most comfortable to me. And i tried on every golf shoe brand i can get my hands on under the sun including a couple of Amazon returns. It was a 2 week process of shopping lol. The Biom Hybrid 3 was by far and away the most comfortable.

Edited by bunta
TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

3 hours ago, j.b.newton said:

In my opinion its hard to beat the current Adidas boost 360 line.

I agree with this. Been on a quest to find a new pair myself, tried most all major brands, I love the look of Puma but have had bad luck with their spikes- they've fallen out completely from the shoe requiring manufacturers replacement. Adidas 360 are the most comfortable and decent looking. They're on sale now, however, I have a feeling a new model is close...

7 hours ago, golow said:

Eccos lasted 3 years are were very comfortable for you  ?

Come on

Absolutely.  I've had every brand of golf shoes out there.  None of them were as comfortable as the Eccos I have now.  I have flat feet which are very wide.  It's difficult for me to even find shoes that fit.  I wear custom insoles which I had to get measured by my uncle who's a podiatrist.  My feet either get painful blisters or hurt really bad after a round of golf from the other brands.  I'm wiling to give FJ another shot because there have been some models which were fairly comfortable and others which just sucked.  I am curious about the Sqairz brand.  If anyone has a pair I would love to hear thoughts on them. 

Edited by phizzy30

Miura Tour 54* HB - KBS 610 125 S+, New Level SPN forged M-grind 58* - KBS Tour 130X

Might give True a look with wide feet.  The adidas are nice as well, but for some reason every single pair of boost I've bought in the past year have split on the outside of lead foot.  I know I roll over a bit, but never had that kind of damage before.  

Anyway - I have some trues and some MG4s from GFore, liking both quite a lot.  

PING G430 LST 10* Tensei 1K Pro Orange 50S

PING G430 LST 3Wd 16.0* Fujikura XLR8 61

PING iCrossover Ventus Blue HB 7R

PING i525 4-PW Mitsubishi OTi 105 Stiff

Edel 47* TRP/54* DVR/58* DVR KBS CTaper Lite 110 Stiff

PING PLD DZB Proto

Stay with the BIOM hybrids. If you like comfort on a course, nothing beats them and I’ve tried everything. 

There are better looking shoes. It’s impossible to keep the BIOM Hybrids looking nice once they get wet, but there isn’t a more comfortable shoe and I’ve spent, literally, a couple thousand dollars trying to find a pair. 

11 hours ago, Augster said:

Stay with the BIOM hybrids. If you like comfort on a course, nothing beats them and I’ve tried everything. 

There are better looking shoes. It’s impossible to keep the BIOM Hybrids looking nice once they get wet, but there isn’t a more comfortable shoe and I’ve spent, literally, a couple thousand dollars trying to find a pair. 

11 hours ago, WarEagleGolf said:

Might give True a look with wide feet.  The adidas are nice as well, but for some reason every single pair of boost I've bought in the past year have split on the outside of lead foot.  I know I roll over a bit, but never had that kind of damage before.  

Anyway - I have some trues and some MG4s from GFore, liking both quite a lot.  

Ok I will consider the choices you guys recommended.  I may just go to a retail golf store just to try them on then buy a pair I like off ebay.  Thanks for the suggestions to everyone on this thread!

• Like 1

The Puma's are really comfortable, I wish they had the leather option in wide but happy with the PwrAdapt. 

Adidas 360s really didn't work for me, awful blisters on my heel and I was a huge Adidas fan when I was an athlete. The Crossknit 3.0 are nice but wish they had spikes. 

Nike, not bad really, the wide are still a hair snug compared to the Puma's. But also depends on the model as many fit different.

Footjoy I have the Pro SL and not a fan of them for playing a round. Range or simulator they're great but not when I'm playing. Thinking of moving to the Tour X from them as I'm done with spike less. 

Hope that gives some info. 

Lefty - WITB Thread

Driver: 10° Cobra LTDxLS | AD-IZ 6X 

3W: 15° Callaway Paradym X | AD-IZ 7X

3H: 19° Ping G410 | Tensei CK Pro Orange 90TX

Irons: PXG 0311P 4-6 | 0317CB 7-PW | DG 120 X100

Wedges: SM9 50° - 54° - 58° 

Putter(s): Ping PLD Anser 4K | CMD Gauge R | and more. 

Ball: TP5X 2024

Bag: Ghost Katana

I wore Ecco BIOM Hybrid 3's for two years before going to the S-Three this year. I'll never go back. The most comfortable, supportive shoe I've ever worn. The S-Three uses their tried and true sole with a more contemporary look. I love them. Really hoping Ecco continues to evolve this shoe.

• Like 1
PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

31 minutes ago, Konklifer said:

I wore Ecco BIOM Hybrid 3's for two years before going to the S-Three this year. I'll never go back. The most comfortable, supportive shoe I've ever worn. The S-Three uses their tried and true sole with a more contemporary look. I love them. Really hoping Ecco continues to evolve this shoe.

Tell us more how the S-Three differs from the Biom Hybrid 3. They seem a little higher on the heel, with a thicker sole where as the Biom is a little closer to the ground. 

The Bioms are already to so comfortable, just wondering how they made it even more comfortable with the S-Three.

TS3 9.5 / TSi2 15 / Z785 / SM7

On 10/21/2020 at 5:22 AM, phizzy30 said:

Ok I will consider the choices you guys recommended.  I may just go to a retail golf store just to try them on then buy a pair I like off ebay.  Thanks for the suggestions to everyone on this thread!

You do know, the store in which you go to try them on paid to have those shoes available to you?  You also know they pay rent so you can go there and try on a pair to see if they fit your hard to fit feet.  They also paid for the shipping, the individual who will help you, the power, the display racks, and on and on.  So you would really go there, then buy them off the internet to save $10.  And then we as golfers moan about the loss of specialty retail stores.

Here is a perfect example of why this happens.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, bunta said:

Tell us more how the S-Three differs from the Biom Hybrid 3. They seem a little higher on the heel, with a thicker sole where as the Biom is a little closer to the ground. 

The Bioms are already to so comfortable, just wondering how they made it even more comfortable with the S-Three.

The S3 isn't an evolution of the BIOM line. It's a different shoe altogether.

• BH3 uses the Tri-Fi-Grip™ outsole vs the S3's E-DTS® traction sole. The latter has been around a while and provides better traction and comfort underfoot.
  • The BH3 uses yak leather which, while soft and comfortable, stretched a bit after a while, affecting the fit. I've had no such problems with the soft calf nappa leather in the S3.
  • I don't know what ZONAL FLUIDFORM™ Technology is, but ECCO claims it balances traction and comfort and I don't disagree. The S3 has both of those in spades.
  • Lastly, the BH3's laces are abysmal. I never understood why they didn't come with the quality BIOM laces that their other shoes had. The S3 laces are more of a running shoe style and are excellent.

These are my opinions of course.  YMMV.

Edited by Konklifer
  • Like 2
PING G400 Max 10.5° (+)
PING G430 fairway 18° (F-), Alta CB S
PING G430 hybrid 22° (F-), Alta CB S
PING i530 5-U, DG Mid 115 S300
PING s159 54°-W (bent 52°), 58°-B, DG Mid 115 S300
PING Serene B60
Maxfli Tour Yellow

1 hour ago, Petethreeput said:

You do know, the store in which you go to try them on paid to have those shoes available to you?  You also know they pay rent so you can go there and try on a pair to see if they fit your hard to fit feet.  They also paid for the shipping, the individual who will help you, the power, the display racks, and on and on.  So you would really go there, then buy them off the internet to save $10.  And then we as golfers moan about the loss of specialty retail stores.

Here is a perfect example of why this happens.

Let me get this straight.  So I have to go to the store, try the shoes on then buy them because of all the reasons you listed.  Makes sense.  FYI, I go to the retail store to buy gloves, tees among other accessories.  I don't see why I have to buy shoes at full retail because of the reasons you listed.  I can go to ebay right now and get the Biom G3 for 160 plus tax whereas golf galaxy, Dick's, etc., charge 200  bucks plus tax.  Do the math.  I would be saving more then 10 dollars.  We as golfers all have the freedom to buy our golf related items from wherever we choose. 

Edited by phizzy30
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, phizzy30 said:

Let me get this straight.  So I have to go to the store, try the shoes on then buy them because of all the reasons you listed.  Makes sense.  FYI, I go to the retail store to buy gloves, tees among other accessories.  I don't see why I have to buy shoes at full retail because of the reasons you listed.  I can go to ebay right now and get the Biom G3 for 160 plus tax whereas golf galaxy, Dick's, etc., charge 200  bucks plus tax.  Do the math.  I would be saving more then 10 dollars.  We as golfers all have the freedom to buy our golf related items from wherever we choose. 

You got it straight.  The inventory carrying costs, the shipping, the employee who gets them for you, and overhead  cost more, but you as the consumer get a free look with no intention of purchasing them there because you can get a "better deal" somewhere else.  And depending on from whom you are buying them, the eBay market is generally where failing stores go to offload inventory.

And to be clear, you also go to retail stores to try on shoes.  I can assure you, if everyone only went to buy gloves, tees and other accessories you wouldn't have this place to do your shoe trying on exercise.

Make sure to tell the helpful sales person you have no interest in purchasing the shoes from them since you can get them on eBay for less money.  I can assure you, that is a retail crowd pleaser. 

EDIT: now if they don't fit your feet that is different, but the intent should be (IMO), "If I am going to use them as a resource, then just as they helped me in good faith, I should respond accordingly... in good faith."

Edited by Petethreeput

4 hours ago, Konklifer said:

The S3 isn't an evolution of the BIOM line. It's a different shoe altogether.

• BH3 uses the Tri-Fi-Grip™ outsole vs the S3's E-DTS® traction sole. The latter has been around a while and provides better traction and comfort underfoot.
  • The BH3 uses yak leather which, while soft and comfortable, stretched a bit after a while, affecting the fit. I've had no such problems with the soft calf nappa leather in the S3.
  • I don't know what ZONAL FLUIDFORM™ Technology is, but ECCO claims it balances traction and comfort and I don't disagree. The S3 has both of those in spades.
  • Lastly, the BH3's laces are abysmal. I never understood why they didn't come with the quality BIOM laces that their other shoes had. The S3 laces are more of a running shoe style and are excellent.

These are my opinions of course.  YMMV.

Thanks for the write up. I may have to take a look at them. 

I wear my J’s when I want to flex on the course. Basically, when I play with anyone that hasn’t seen my J’s before. I wear my Biom’s the rest of the time, like daily with my friends, because they are so comfortable. 

I’ll have to look into these in the off season. 

• Like 1

I recently switched to trues.  Needed a wide toe box for comfort due to bunions and I also wear orthotics.   Give them a try.  They have a 30 day comfort guarantee also so yiu can return if not happy ans you pay the shipping.  Not all trues are that wide but something like the originals would likely be good for you.  I bought 4 pairs this year and am offloading other brands Ive tried via eBay. 

Edited by golfunderpar18

On 10/21/2020 at 6:22 AM, phizzy30 said:

Only speaking of the Biom 3 hybrid vs. 2 hybrid, but they fit a little differently, the 3,s fit me better and I have a pair that I've worn ~ 100 times this year, most walking, roughly half in the a.m. dew. They've held up well.  Not sure if the g2 and g3 have same fit as their hybrid bros.

On 10/20/2020 at 6:34 AM, phizzy30 said:

I currently wear Ecco Biom G2 shoes and have had them for 3 years.  They look hideous but are the most comfortable shoes I've ever had.  I'm thinking about getting a new pair but would like opinions.  My choices would the Ecco Biom G3, Sqairz, FJ pro sl/carbon, or the Jordan adg line.  Any recommendations?  

Since we both have wide feet  (though I have a high instep) and we both find Bioms fit, you may want to see my several recent comments on page 2 of the thread "Sqairz Arrow Golf Shoes" .   The Biom G3 spiked were fine out of the box for my first 18 hioles the other day and I didn't need to remove the second insole for more width.

Edited by myspinonit

11 minutes ago, myspinonit said:

Since we both have wide feet  (though I have a high instep) and we both find Bioms fit, you may want to see my several comments on page 2 of the thread "Sqairz Arrow Golf Shoes" .   The Biom G3 spiked were fine out of the box for my first 128 hioles the other day and I didn't need to remove the second insole for more width.

Yeah I took a look at that thread.  Thanks for the heads up.  Problem with my feet is that that they are flat and wide(worst combo ever) so I need something that will give me a lot of stability.  I do a ton of balance work at the gym, but still have issues due to my feet.  I'm leaning towards the Biom G3 at this point because they are comfortable and relatively stable.