3 or 4 wedge setup?

hypergolf

2 hours ago, Bkgeneral said:

Shorter hitter here.  90-95 with the driver.  I have found that play inside 100 yards is by far most important thing for my game.  For me I have ended with 585 set PW and AW.  From there I prefer 56-62 to finish the bag.  As a shorter hitter, some par 4's require 3 shots to get on.  So that leaves lots of shots 40-60 yards.  I like the 62 to hit those a bit harder, and get a quicker stop if needed.  I use the AW and 56 for most shots around the green.  But I have lost some nerve on the flop shots, so the 62 provides some extra loft and that has really helped.  

Makes total sense. What are the lofts are your PW and AW to go with your 56 and 62?

Callaway Paradym X (11*) / Hzrdus Black Smoke 6.0

Callaway Paradym X (15*) / Hzrdus Silver 6.0

Callaway Rogue St Max OS (21*) / Tensei AV Blue 75 S

Titleist U505 (22*) Hzrdus Smoke Black RDX 6.0

Srixon ZX5 (5-7), ZX7 MK II (8-PW) / Nippon Modus3 Tour 105 S

Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore (52* Mid, 58* Mid) / DG Spinner

Odyssey Tri-Hot 5K Double Wide

WITB on WRX

32 minutes ago, BallerNate said:

Yeah, that’s exactly why I carry D, 3W, Hybrid 4 (20), and 3-iron at the top of my bag...I mixup courses all the time and test myself with different layouts and conditions, so it’s much more difficult to predict what type of 2nd & 3rd shots and lies I’ll end up with. But that’s also the argument for carrying 4 wedges as well, Lol! I agree that the PW and GW are definitely different types of clubs than the SW and LW, and you’re 100% right that the more types of shots and distances you can hit the better off you are! You guys are starting to talk me into dropping the 5-iron and carry 4 wedges...I’m coming around, Lol!!

3 vs 4 wedges aside, just figure out your distance gaps at the top of the bag, especially in relation to your dispersion... having 15 yard gaps at over 200 yards isn’t going to hurt you. Pros miss the greens from 200+ yards 65% of the time. 

I’d be happy to have my hybrid have a 20 yard dispersion pattern (I don’t know what it is! Need to figure that out)... but it sounds like your 5 iron is mostly dead weight... 

I like my setup of hybrid, 4 utility, 5 iron, but they have clear distance gaps and hit different shots for me... but I also tend to reach for driver on the tee box, as my home course is wide open and decently long... 

I also only added the five iron into my bag after needing it one round to a back pin from the back tees... I haven’t played those tees since!

• Like 1

As of  10/11/2021

9 Callaway Mavrk Sub Zero with Ventus Black 7X

13 Degree Srixon 3 wood Project X Black 6.5

19 Degree Sub70 939 Pro with Proforce V2

4 Utility Sub70 699u 22 degree Proforce V2

5-GW Srixon Zx5 with Project X 6.5

Sub70 286 54

Sub70 JB Low Bounce 58

SeeMore milled Tri-Mallet fit and built at SeeMore 

I think its funny that so many people are worried about the dispersion and accuracy over 200 yard shots... but think that 4 wedges is weird because they are "so close in performance" 

I would actually rather have more at the top of my bag, but I know that having the 4 wedges I have.. makes it easier at close distances to control flight and ball path a lot more easily. Anything over 220 and im just grippin and rippin to a general area anyhow. lol

• Like 2

D - Callaway Paradym TD 10.5 @ N/S w/ Mitsubishi Kai'Li Red 60tx

2H - Ping G430 w/ Accra TZ5 90H M5, FLAT

4H - Ping G430 w/ Aldila Rogue Black 95tx

DI - Ping iCrossover 4iron w/ Tensei CK PRO Orange 90tx

5&6 Edel SMS, 7-PW Edel SMS Pro w/ Accra TZi 105

Wedges - Callaway JAWS RAW 52W @ 51, 56W @ 54, 60X @ 60, 60Z @ 62 w/ Accra iSteel Wedge 120, Z Grind Gamer has a BGT ZNE 130 

Grips - SuperStroke S-Tech Cord (White) 2+2 

Putter - My TaylorMade TP Soto w/ Mitsubishi MMT & SuperStroke Tour 3.0 17 @ 38.5" 

Ball - Bridgestone BXS

SuperStroke TXR1000 Rangefinder, Ping Tour Glove, UnderArmour 

1 hour ago, Myherobobhope said:

3 vs 4 wedges aside, just figure out your distance gaps at the top of the bag, especially in relation to your dispersion... having 15 yard gaps at over 200 yards isn’t going to hurt you. Pros miss the greens from 200+ yards 65% of the time. 

I’d be happy to have my hybrid have a 20 yard dispersion pattern (I don’t know what it is! Need to figure that out)... but it sounds like your 5 iron is mostly dead weight... 

I like my setup of hybrid, 4 utility, 5 iron, but they have clear distance gaps and hit different shots for me... but I also tend to reach for driver on the tee box, as my home course is wide open and decently long... 

I also only added the five iron into my bag after needing it one round to a back pin from the back tees... I haven’t played those tees since!

For sure...that's definitely part of my issue. I upgraded my whole bag over the last 6 mths, so still getting a feel for all my clubs and what each one can do. Because of all that change, the only clubs I'll adjust/upgrade this year will be a new Driver after I get fitted, and getting this wedge situation figured out...other than that it will be all about getting all the yardages and shots with each club figured out!

WITB on WRX

4 wedges. For me, it's 46/50/54/58.

I have 11 stock distances from 31-99m, plus two bunker options. 54 normal, 58 short-side. Two chip options with 50 and 54, depending on runout.

31, 38, 45, 52, 56, 62, 72, 78, 83, 92, 99.

I work full time. I don't have loads of time to practice my shots. I have a 1/4, a half, and a "80%" shot I can apply to all 4 wedges. I also have all my numbers on quarter shots through to 4-iron.

Find lasered number, adjust, and fire. I started doing this about 5 years ago, and my index is 14 lower than it was. I used to be happy in double digits. I'm not happy unless I'm single digit over par now.

(Edit: Autocorrect/spelling)

Edited by karstens_ghost
  • Like 1

RogueST 9@11º 3D (ADDI 6X), 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

19 hours ago, karstens_ghost said:

4 wedges. For me, it's 46/50/54/58.

I have 11 stock distances from 31-99m, plus two bunker options. 54 normal, 58 short-side. Two chip options with 50 and 54, depending on runout.

31, 38, 45, 52, 56, 62, 72, 78, 83, 92, 99.

I work full time. I don't have loads of time to practice my shots. I have a 1/4, a half, and a "80%" shot I can apply to all 4 wedges. I also have all my numbers on quarter shots through to 4-iron.

Find lasered number, adjust, and fire. I started doing this about 5 years ago, and my index is 14 lower than it was. I used to be happy in double digits. I'm not happy unless I'm single digit over par now.

(Edit: Autocorrect/spelling)

Do you measure all your distances at the driving range, a simulator, or on the course with a tracking app?

WITB on WRX

I use a Mevo+ at range with clean balls, and also have a few times been on course when it was empty with a shag of premium golf balls to compare/contrast with the range ones I used (which were not that far off really for shots 100 and under). 

I have also compared it with trackman when working with my teaching pro. 

I need some more LM time as I experiment with the 52/57 setup. For now I just took of 8y or so to guestimate vs the 50/55 🙂

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jmorrow020 said:

I think its funny that so many people are worried about the dispersion and accuracy over 200 yard shots... but think that 4 wedges is weird because they are "so close in performance" 

I would actually rather have more at the top of my bag, but I know that having the 4 wedges I have.. makes it easier at close distances to control flight and ball path a lot more easily. Anything over 220 and im just grippin and rippin to a general area anyhow. lol

I haven’t seen anyone say that carrying 4 wedges is “weird”...I think everyone understands why many/most golfers carry 4...just a question of personal preference and can you cover the same yardages and shot types with 3 wedges so you can carry an extra club on the top end.

I agree that I’m not at the point where I have enough control of dispersion over 200 yds, but understand the point he was making and hope to get to that point eventually.

Edited by BallerNate
Typo
  • Like 1

WITB on WRX

2 hours ago, bvanlieu said:

I use a Mevo+ at range with clean balls, and also have a few times been on course when it was empty with a shag of premium golf balls to compare/contrast with the range ones I used (which were not that far off really for shots 100 and under). 

I have also compared it with trackman when working with my teaching pro. 

I need some more LM time as I experiment with the 52/57 setup. For now I just took of 8y or so to guestimate vs the 50/55 🙂

11 minutes ago, jmorrow020 said:

Yeah not disagreeing with that at all. I just personally prefer to have all of the distance control in the low end of the bag. 

I like getting onto a launch monitor and seeing what each of my wedges does at the same swing speed from 7:00 - 11:00. I used to actually have them all written down on a notecard on my bag! 

Yeah, I’ve only tracked my shot distances with a tracking app that I use during rounds, but those definitely sound like better ways to track a larger sample size of shots.

How do you like the 52/57 and 50/55 setups? I tried 47, 52, 56 for a while this season, but found I way more comfortable with shots from 60 yards in with the 60 Degree! Could look at a 58 as my highest lofted club, but wouldn’t use a 56 as my highest loft again I don’t think...

WITB on WRX

I often wonder how folks check their distances at the range. Unless you are using quality golf balls that compare to what you normally use I don't see how this is accomplished. Most ranges use 'range balls' that don't carry the same as your gamer balls. The way I know my distances is 'on the course' experience after I rangefinder the hole and take the shot, then calculating the actual flight distance. Some of the upscale ranges use quality balls, but still probably not your gamer.

• Like 1

>Mavrik Max 12.5* 

>Mavrik 16.5* 4w

>Mavrik Max 4, 5, 6, 7 hybrids

>7--SW Dynacraft Prophet Muscle Blade Irons

>MD5 Jaws 58* W grind LW

>Odyssey Stroke Lab Double Wide Putter

48 minutes ago, hybrid25 said:

I often wonder how folks check their distances at the range. Unless you are using quality golf balls that compare to what you normally use I don't see how this is accomplished. Most ranges use 'range balls' that don't carry the same as your gamer balls. The way I know my distances is 'on the course' experience after I rangefinder the hole and take the shot, then calculating the actual flight distance. Some of the upscale ranges use quality balls, but still probably not your gamer.

Yeah, I track distance on the course with a tracking app...would find it less ideal on the range, but definitely a way to get distances on a larger sample size of shots in a shorter period for sure, especially to be able to separate 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 swings etc.

WITB on WRX

I find challenging the proper shot from the tight lie, especially wet tight lie this time of year with my high lofted wedge shot.  For this reason have considered going back to 4 wedges.  Practicing wedges seems to correlate the most improvement for me time and time again.  Understand each player is different, but great wedge players that can get up and down out of trash can will drive guys they're playing against crazy. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, N2N2 said:

I find challenging the proper shot from the tight lie, especially wet tight lie this time of year with my high lofted wedge shot.  For this reason have considered going back to 4 wedges.  Practicing wedges seems to correlate the most improvement for me time and time again.  Understand each player is different, but great wedge players that can get up and down out of trash can will drive guys they're playing against crazy. 

Agreed...the high level wedge players are the ones I admire the most! Definitely want to be one of those guys eventually that impress everyone with touch and feel on wedge play! Patrick Reed is the guy I’ve seen on Tour that impresses me the most with wedge play...his touch and feel is incredible to watch!

WITB on WRX

5 hours ago, BallerNate said:

Do you measure all your distances at the driving range, a simulator, or on the course with a tracking app?

I went to a range with good, unlimited balls. (Cowboys in Dallas is $25 to use their range, no limit, for example.) I found a quiet place, and I'd hit 5-8, stand roughly in the middle, and laser back to my bag.

The really key factors are:

- Make a chart with your stock swings. Do not adjust your stock swings. Just let the natural swing do what it does, regardless of the distance.

- Accept that there will be some overlap. Note that if two shots go about the same, say 45m/50y, there will be a height and stop property that may come in handy for particular shots… low runner fifty isn't good when there's a bunker in front of you, etc.

- Once you have your chart, accept that it WILL change a little. Every wedge shot you play in, say you want a 38, and it comes up 34. Was it uphill? Slow? Thick lie? Poor contact? Cold day? If it's none of those, make a note. If it happens a few times, move it back to 36 and continue to refine it.

You can also extrapolate the distances. For example, if your 1/4 swing gives you 31, 38, 45, 52, and you need a 66 under some trees, I have the perfect club for you. 8-iron, 1/4 shot. You may not have tried it on the range, and the front-to-back variance won't be great, but you'll be happy with the result more often than not. Don't expect it to hold for your 4-iron, but it will be at least close.

You might feel a paper chart is annoying, but you'll be able to keep it at home soon enough. Or an excel sheet. Either way, if you do this over the course of 10-20 rounds, you're going to have the ability to get close front-to-back of the pin, and that raises your putt % faster than any other way. Most everyone can hit it directionally ok, but I'd rather miss within a few yards than be 10 past after just missing the flagstick.

Nate, if you have any further questions, let me know, or DM me.

• Thanks 1

RogueST 9@11º 3D (ADDI 6X), 425 3w 14.5º (TourX), 430 3h 19º & 4 iCross (HZRDUS Red 6.0), i230 5-U, G4 54º, GFP 59º (DART105F4). 2021 Fetch (BGT Tour Black).

"Golf is just a dance with a stick, and a ball tells you how good a dancer you are."  LCP150mm in your fairway should be a full-time rule.

Ping-logo-283444624.jpeg

18 minutes ago, karstens_ghost said:

I went to a range with good, unlimited balls. (Cowboys in Dallas is $25 to use their range, no limit, for example.) I found a quiet place, and I'd hit 5-8, stand roughly in the middle, and laser back to my bag.

The really key factors are:

- Make a chart with your stock swings. Do not adjust your stock swings. Just let the natural swing do what it does, regardless of the distance.

- Accept that there will be some overlap. Note that if two shots go about the same, say 45m/50y, there will be a height and stop property that may come in handy for particular shots… low runner fifty isn't good when there's a bunker in front of you, etc.

- Once you have your chart, accept that it WILL change a little. Every wedge shot you play in, say you want a 38, and it comes up 34. Was it uphill? Slow? Thick lie? Poor contact? Cold day? If it's none of those, make a note. If it happens a few times, move it back to 36 and continue to refine it.

You can also extrapolate the distances. For example, if your 1/4 swing gives you 31, 38, 45, 52, and you need a 66 under some trees, I have the perfect club for you. 8-iron, 1/4 shot. You may not have tried it on the range, and the front-to-back variance won't be great, but you'll be happy with the result more often than not. Don't expect it to hold for your 4-iron, but it will be at least close.

You might feel a paper chart is annoying, but you'll be able to keep it at home soon enough. Or an excel sheet. Either way, if you do this over the course of 10-20 rounds, you're going to have the ability to get close front-to-back of the pin, and that raises your putt % faster than any other way. Most everyone can hit it directionally ok, but I'd rather miss within a few yards than be 10 past after just missing the flagstick.

Nate, if you have any further questions, let me know, or DM me.

This is awesome, thanks very much for the detailed breakdown @karstens_ghost, this helps a lot!! I’m definitely going to do this when the snow thaws and our local range re-opens! They have a deal for unlimited balls on Monday morning, so I’ll take a couple of hours to do this for sure! You guys have talked me into giving the 4 wedge setup a full season, and will lock in all the distances...then maybe eventually when my wedge game is a strength I can look at dropping down to 3 wedges. 

• Like 1

WITB on WRX

4 wedges - 46/50/54/60. 

I tried three wedges - 46/52/58 and for me, my course and my conditions it was not a good fit.  

I'm a 0 hdcp and hit my driver 270-300 depending on strike, bounce, wind, etc.   Which means I have A LOT of approach shots from 140 yrds (stepped on PW) and in.  I have more options with the 4 wedges. 

From 110 I can hit a knockdown 46 or 50. Or hit a full 54.  Depending on wind and pin position all those are needed.  The gaps with the 46/52/58 were just too big for me personally to take advantage of being in a prime scoring position on par 4s.  

Do I have a gap from 215-230 yes... But from that distance I'm typically going for a par 5 in 2 and just have to be somewhere in the ballpark so I can go up and down for 4.  Is the miss long or short? This dictates trying to hit 3h hard or take something off my 4w.  If there is no bail from 220 yrds, then laying up is probably the better option anyhow.....  Which brings me back to the 4 wedges. 

If you're a shorter hitter and have the top end of your bag into more par 3/4 etc... Maybe 3 wedges is the better option, but for me personally I'd rather compromise on the top of my bag vs the bottom.  

• Like 1

Well my set PW is 43* and my AW is 48* then I go to a higher bounce 52* and lower bounce 58* 

• Like 1

We're going on a Minimalist Adventure who knows were we'll end up:

"Full" 10-Club Bag currently looks like this:

Taylormade BRNR Mini Copper 13.5

Taylormade Sim Max 7w Mitsubishi Diamana F Limited 75S

Titleist 818H1 25* Fuji Atmos Black 9s

Callaway Mavrik Pro 7-PW Project X Rifle Tour Flighted 105 6.0

Vokey SM9 50.08F

Vokey SM9 56.10S

White Hot OG #1

Srixon Z Star/Chrome Soft X

6 minutes ago, rkillian said:

Well my set PW is 43* and my AW is 48* then I go to a higher bounce 52* and lower bounce 58* 

Very sensible setup with today’s strong lofts.  

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

1 hour ago, rkillian said:

Wowzers...yeah, having a PW at 43* is a totally different ball-game! What irons do you play? In my set (TM Tour Preferred) my 9 iron is 43* and PW is 47*. With lofts that strong it would make total sense not to need a 3-iron.

WITB on WRX

1 hour ago, BallerNate said:

Wowzers...yeah, having a PW at 43* is a totally different ball-game! What irons do you play? In my set (TM Tour Preferred) my 9 iron is 43* and PW is 47*. With lofts that strong it would make total sense not to need a 3-iron.

His signature says Mavrik Pro 8-AW

• Like 1

Ping G430 Max 10K 10.5° driver - Diamana GT 60S

Ping G430 Max 15° #3 fairway - Diamana TB 70S

Ping G430 Max 21° #7 fairway - Diamana TB 80S

Ping G430 Max 26° #5 hybrid - MMTh 90S

Mizuno Pro 243 4-PW irons - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 48°-10S wedge - MMT 105S

Mizuno T24 Raw 54°-10S and 60°-06X wedges - MMT Scoring Wedge 105S

Mizuno OMOI Type 3

Titleist Pro V1x

After having a 4 wedge set up for a long time ( 47, 50, 54, 60), I now have new irons which I guess are a 3 wedge setup (44, 48, 54, 60) since the 44 is pretty strong loft. 

I have a solid handle on the 3/4 and 1/2 wedge shots and really don’t like to hit full wedges if I can to control spin so 3 works for me. It makes a lot of sense to carry 4 but I am able to hit a number inside 130 with the 3 setup based on my lofts. I would use 4 if I change to ‘normal’ lofts on the next set. 

• Like 1

TSi3 Ventus Black 6TX

TSi2  Ventus Black 7X

3 T100s Tour AD DI 95X

4-GW T100s PX LZ 6.0

MG3 52, 56, 60 

PXG 0311 53, 58

PXG Blackjack/Scotty phantom 11

8 hours ago, noodle3872 said:

His signature says Mavrik Pro 8-AW

Oh Ok, cool! I’m usually on WRX on my phone, and for some reason can’t see signatures.

• Like 1

WITB on WRX

11 hours ago, jmorrow020 said:

woof. some of you guys are playing some really strong lofts. that changes the conversation completely

Providing contrast, I'm in the other direction, with one of my sets, anyway.  51* or 52* PW, after which I'll have a 58* as my SW.  

I spent some time with a 52/56/60 last year, found few uses for the 56, decided to merge the bottom two into a 58.  I rarely hit full shots with my higher lofted wedges, this combination works for me fairly well.

When I put my MP37s in play, it's much the same lofts, the sole stamping is the only difference (47* PW, 52* GW, 58* SW).

The Ever Changing Bag!  A lot of mixing and matching
Driver: TM BRNR Mini 11.5* at 10.2*, 43.5", SK Fiber Tour Trac 100 X

Fwy woods: King LTD 3/4, RIP Beta 90X -or- TM Sim2 Ti 3w, NV105 X
Hybrid:  Cobra King Tec 2h, MMT 80 S 

Irons grab bag:  1-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S; 2-PW Golden Ram Vibration Matched, NS Pro 950WF S; Tommy Armour 986 Tours 2-PW, Modus 105 S
Wedges:  Cobra Snakebite 56* -or- Wilson Staff PMP 58*, Dynamic S
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34" -or- Cleveland Huntington Beach #1, 34.5" -or- Golden Ram TW Custom, 34" -or- Mizuno TPM-2 34" -or- Maxfli TM-2, 35"
Balls: Chrome Soft, Kirkland Signature 3pc (v3)

Grip preference: various GripMaster leather options, Best Grips Microperfs, or Star Grip Sidewinders of assorted colors

LOL, T400 has a 38* "PW"

T100 21° 24° 27° 30° 34° 38° 42° 46° 50° -- --
T100•S 19° 22° 25° 28° 32° 36° 40° 44° 48° -- --
T200 -- 21° 24° 27° 30° 34° 38° 43° 48° -- --
T300 -- 20° 23° 26° 29° 33° 38° 43° 48° 53° --
T400 -- -- 20° 23° 26° 29° 33° 38° 43° 49° 55°
Lie 60° 61° 62° 62.5° 63° 63.5° 64° 64° 64° 64° 64°
Length 39.00" 38.50" 38.00" 37.50" 37.00" 36.50" 36.00" 35.75" 35.50" 35.50" 35.25"
  • Like 1

Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

5 minutes ago, jmorrow020 said:

Oh my goodness hahahaha

You could make the argument that two or three of the "wedges" aren't really wedges.   This set, while in the SGI category, is really no different than the old 2-PW set when it comes to lofts.  Very similar to a set of Hogans from the 70's except the 2 iron has a 5 on the sole.  

Yes, I understand that these are higher launching, have springy faces and fat soles, but it's really all just marketing.  When it comes to iron lofts it's time for a global reset, the lowest lofted iron in the lineup should have a #1 on it, the highest lofted should have a L on it, everything else is just a number sequence.  

• Like 1

Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

2 hours ago, dlygrisse said:

LOL, T400 has a 38* "PW"

T100 21° 24° 27° 30° 34° 38° 42° 46° 50° -- --
T100•S 19° 22° 25° 28° 32° 36° 40° 44° 48° -- --
T200 -- 21° 24° 27° 30° 34° 38° 43° 48° -- --
T300 -- 20° 23° 26° 29° 33° 38° 43° 48° 53° --
T400 -- -- 20° 23° 26° 29° 33° 38° 43° 49° 55°
Lie 60° 61° 62° 62.5° 63° 63.5° 64° 64° 64° 64° 64°
Length 39.00" 38.50" 38.00" 37.50" 37.00" 36.50" 36.00" 35.75" 35.50" 35.50" 35.25"

😲😲😲

WITB on WRX

Yeah, definitely makes sense that the loft of your irons would largely determine the setup of wedges when looking at the recommended gapping of 4-6 degrees. If your PW is 38-43 degrees, that’s a totally different type of gapping necessary than a PW of 46-52! My 9 iron is 43 and PW is 47, which sounds like is the PW and GW in stronger lofted sets. Interesting that there’s such a variance in iron set lofts...crazy! Now I understand why the club selections are so different when I watch PGA Tour events...not only are those guys bombers, but sounds like their club lofts are dramatically different from mine!

WITB on WRX