The Genesis Invitational 2021

MattyO1984

I’m really thinking the greens on 14 and 15 need to be re done. Maybe members here can chime in.. But for this tournament, players never get it close on those holes when pins are in certain locations.

Just based on that, the greens don’t need reshaping.. It’s that almost all the players hit it in exact same spot. 

On 14 when the pin is right, the ball runs out long and middle. A few guys missed in the short right bunker. I used to love watching Freddie Couples peal a high cut off the right edge of the left bunker to a back left pin. It was beautiful and he did it ever time. All the best players did it. Now, it’s a par fest.

On 15, that run-off area in the middle of the green ruins any chances for carving it in there close. Now, we’re seeing guys with 110 yds into that hole (crazy) and it’s still another par fest. 

I don’t mind par, I like it. But there’s no variety on those holes. At least on 10, golf balls are hit all over that parcel of land, and it’s fun to see!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, the bishop said:

The guys that WD'd were smart because playing in wind like that can make a mess of your swing that can take time to recover from.  The first time I played Desert Dunes in Desert Hot Springs (desert links style course) it was blowing about a steady 35 with gusts to 45 or so and it was just comical.  The guy that shot the 78 in that tourney must be a hell of a stick.

They are professionals ... doubt one week of wind matters 

6 minutes ago, Big Cat 3 said:

They are professionals ... doubt one week of wind matters 

The event I was discussing with others, the SCGA ToC tournament was for the winners of club championships with indexes of 2.4 or lower.  So no, they were not professionals.

Mizuno ST Max 230 10.5* - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 15/18 - LinQ Red 6F4

Mizuno ST Max 230 22 - LinQ Blue 75F4

Mizuno JPX 923 Tour 5-P  DG120 S300

Vokey SM9 50/54/60 - DGS200

Mizuno M-Craft II

CSX   

48 minutes ago, USCHawks31 said:

You may want to stop watching an event with a purse of 9.3 million dollars if that's the case.

You’d think huh. But they don’t talk about money anymore. Not at all really. I honestly think the only time I’ve heard it mentioned was last week during a Jordan Spieth don’t talk to my girlfriend that way moment when the announcers reinterred some tweet shoveling the narrative that there’s nothing to see here.. something about how since his major meltdown all he’s made is $9 million in earnings the past four years - not bad. Not bad, he must play for the money. 

Ehh no, I’m okay watching, but thanks for lookin out 😉

19 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Who this new lady?

Shes nice. Looks like she was born smiling.

She should make a spoof video of herself like in a rage and breaking stuff 😂

88E54005-3D51-4DB0-ACA7-9C2B86777412.jpeg

That’s Golf Channel’s new 2021 on air talent. I caught the pre game early this week, and this is her first week with the mic. Kira something. Very easy going. Like, she’s so firmly in spiritual bliss you’d never even reconsider being in a foul mood around her after an awful round.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, bscinstnct said:

Who this new lady?

Shes nice. Looks like she was born smiling.

She should make a spoof video of herself like in a rage and breaking stuff 😂

88E54005-3D51-4DB0-ACA7-9C2B86777412.jpeg

Kira Dixon. Her golf credentials are uncertain, but she's no dummy, though her vocal delivery leaves something to be desired. I'm sure she'll improve. From Wiki:

Kira Dixon (née Kazantsev; born July 20, 1991) is an American beauty pageant titleholder who won Miss America 2015 on September 14, 2014. She is the third consecutive Miss America winner from New York and had won the title of Miss New York on May 24, 2014 while serving as Miss City of New York.

Kazantsev was born on July 20, 1991 in San Francisco, California, to Russian immigrants who left Moscow in 1990 for the United States, making her a first-generation American.[1][2][3] Her father, George, is a general surgeon and her mother, Julia (née Afrikian), is a real-estate broker.[4][5] She has one brother named Boris, who is eight years younger.[5] Kazantsev is trilingual, being fluent in English, Russian, and Spanish.[6]

She graduated from Las Lomas High School in Walnut Creek, California and served as the student body president in 2009.[7] She attended Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York with a triple major in political science, global studies, and geography.[8] She joined the Alpha Phi Sorority during her time at Hofstra, but was eventually removed from the sorority by the university due to concerns over hazing.[9] During junior year at Hofstra University, she studied abroad in Barcelona, Spain.[5] After graduating from Hofstra, Kazantsev applied to numerous law schools and was accepted to Notre Dame Law School and Fordham Law School.[10] She stated in interviews, after being named Miss America 2015, her desire to specialize in international law upon receiving her J.D. degree.[11]

In the summer of 2017, Kazantsev attended the Stanford Graduate School of Business completing the Stanford Ignite entrepreneurship program, which is a "suite of certificate programs that teaches innovators to formulate, develop, and commercialize their ideas."[12][13]

In September 2014, relying on unnamed sources, Jezebel published a piece stating that, while at Hofstra University, Kazantsev was expelled from the Alpha Phi sorority for hazing.[20] On Good Morning America, Kazantsev admitted her involvement in activities that fit the "broad definition of hazing," but denied the allegations of abuse, describing the hazing at Alpha Phi as "menial tasks."[21][22][23] In her personal blog, Kazantsev wrote that not attending national Alpha Phi's judiciary hearing of her case was the official reason for the termination.[24][25]

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Greg_B said:

Kira Dixon. Her golf credentials are uncertain, but she's no dummy, though her vocal delivery leaves something to be desired. I'm sure she'll improve. From Wiki:

Kira Dixon (née Kazantsev; born July 20, 1991) is an American beauty pageant titleholder who won Miss America 2015 on September 14, 2014. She is the third consecutive Miss America winner from New York and had won the title of Miss New York on May 24, 2014 while serving as Miss City of New York.

Kazantsev was born on July 20, 1991 in San Francisco, California, to Russian immigrants who left Moscow in 1990 for the United States, making her a first-generation American.[1][2][3] Her father, George, is a general surgeon and her mother, Julia (née Afrikian), is a real-estate broker.[4][5] She has one brother named Boris, who is eight years younger.[5] Kazantsev is trilingual, being fluent in English, Russian, and Spanish.[6]

She graduated from Las Lomas High School in Walnut Creek, California and served as the student body president in 2009.[7] She attended Hofstra University in Hempstead, New York with a triple major in political science, global studies, and geography.[8] She joined the Alpha Phi Sorority during her time at Hofstra, but was eventually removed from the sorority by the university due to concerns over hazing.[9] During junior year at Hofstra University, she studied abroad in Barcelona, Spain.[5] After graduating from Hofstra, Kazantsev applied to numerous law schools and was accepted to Notre Dame Law School and Fordham Law School.[10] She stated in interviews, after being named Miss America 2015, her desire to specialize in international law upon receiving her J.D. degree.[11]

In the summer of 2017, Kazantsev attended the Stanford Graduate School of Business completing the Stanford Ignite entrepreneurship program, which is a "suite of certificate programs that teaches innovators to formulate, develop, and commercialize their ideas."[12][13]

In September 2014, relying on unnamed sources, Jezebel published a piece stating that, while at Hofstra University, Kazantsev was expelled from the Alpha Phi sorority for hazing.[20] On Good Morning America, Kazantsev admitted her involvement in activities that fit the "broad definition of hazing," but denied the allegations of abuse, describing the hazing at Alpha Phi as "menial tasks."[21][22][23] In her personal blog, Kazantsev wrote that not attending national Alpha Phi's judiciary hearing of her case was the official reason for the termination.[24][25]

Yea, not seeing a lot of golf credentials from that. Maybe it's not necessary anymore to cover golf for the NBC/Golf Channel 😉

11 hours ago, wmblake2000 said:

I played in tourney today at Rustic. It got fiercely windy, ball wouldn't stay still on the green, judging distances was impossible. On fast greens, wind is an intense factor - especially with slope. Driving on 405 enroute to play, wind was even worse - that's when they blew the horn at Riviera.  

Oh man, the back 9 at Rustic would have been nuts yesterday. The greens (especially anything middle to front) at Los Angeles Wilson GC were borderline unplayable yesterday. And those are bumpy as heck!!  Those smooth Riv greens don't stand a chance in those conditions.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, North Texas said:

Yea, not seeing a lot of golf credentials from that. Maybe it's not necessary anymore to cover golf for the NBC/Golf Channel 😉

Tour issue T&A 

but she’s got a JD from notre dame , rules expert 

• Haha 2

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

23 minutes ago, drbonesvt said:

Tour issue T&A 

but she’s got a JD from notre dame , rules expert 

Shocked any type of media outlet would use sex appeal to promote a product! What is this world coming to!!!! 😂 Hardly breaking news. Move on ppl. 
*not meaning to single you out dr. Last post I saw on the subject so pinned it. The ND line is funny though 

Edited by TIScape
  • Thanks 1

#1 , where does driver place a player ?? Yjs hits 3 w onto cross path , Rahm / DJ type guys ,right wind direction, use driver on that hole?

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

7 minutes ago, Greg_B said:

Question: what are those black poles mounted on black triangular bases I am seeing around every green? Are they some sort of WiFi hotspot repeater?

I wonder if they are part of a distance measuring system? Is it called Shot Link? I can't remember.

49 minutes ago, drbonesvt said:

#1 , where does driver place a player ?? Yjs hits 3 w onto cross path , Rahm / DJ type guys ,right wind direction, use driver on that hole?

In college most guys would hit a hybrid or maybe 3 wood off of #1. The long guys, 2 and 3 irons. And you are still hitting an iron into the green. This was almost 15 years ago. It is par 4 yardage today and has been for a while. Hence the super narrow fairway as well. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Soloman1 said:

I heard they were 5G towers to control your brainwaves so you buy brands that you see a player wearing or using...

Aluminum foil wrapped on your head will reflect the waves.

I thought the 5G towers just activated the chips implanted with the Covid vaccine?! Can’t keep up with this 5G technology anymore 😫 Either way, foil hat firmly on head! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, North Texas said:

Announcers don’t need to have played the game.

Jim Nantz 

the Buck family

Al Michaels 

great announcers 

• Haha 1

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

1 minute ago, Duct Tape said:

Well, Al Michaels and Jack Buck

Sure, but the list certainly goes on ....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, North Texas said:

Didn't realize I said they did 😎

Then what did this mean? Sure it can be difficult at time to read intent in a written post.....🙄

you posted

Yea, not seeing a lot of golf credentials from that. Maybe it's not necessary anymore to cover golf for the NBC/Golf Channel 😉

Finau! Make me eat my words Finau! You can do it!!

I don’t know what I’m watching anymore.. there is zero broadcast transition from one thing to the next, from what I can tell. We go from live coverage this morning, to a replay of yesterday, to the range today, to final round coverage, to Greatest Rounds.. and I don’t recall accidentally pressing any buttons.. I’m lost 

Keep expectations low and enjoy the golf they show. You can count on them showing the leaders group at least. Considering the last year we’ve had, I’m still at the point where I’m just happy there is PGA golf on period. I know this positive outlook doesn’t make me a productive part of the internet experience. Oh well. 
Go Tony!

Edited by TIScape