2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Is PXG going out of business?

golfnhack

2 hours ago, cardia10 said:

Look at any bag you see every time you go to play. You will never ever see a set of elevate shafts unless they are in PXG. That tells you everything you need with data. My club has 350 and other that the 20 or so guys with PXG, I have yet to see another set. It is common knowledge that they were TTs lower end offering in steel. Hence why no other OEMs use them as stock. 

I got my Gen4 irons with PX - 8 days build to deliver 😃 

• Like 1

8 full months , the answer is still no.

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

5 hours ago, cardia10 said:

Look at any bag you see every time you go to play. You will never ever see a set of elevate shafts unless they are in PXG. That tells you everything you need with data. My club has 350 and other that the 20 or so guys with PXG, I have yet to see another set. It is common knowledge that they were TTs lower end offering in steel. Hence why no other OEMs use them as stock. This is why PXG can deliver in 10 days. They purchased large quantities to have something to put in clubs. Do a 3rd party fitting with anyone other than PXG and I’d say maybe 1/10 people may fit those shafts. Would be nice if PXG sold heads only and discounted maybe….$39 per head for the “value” of the shafts but Parsons doesn’t want to be a component company. I think they have sacrificed overall quality for delivery times. Probably a good strategy the way the world is at the moment but it won’t be this way forever. 

Honestly, I could care less about shafts or grips from PXG. I just think it is been funny seeing people so stirred up defending a brand that doesn’t pay them. No of us have real data and we know nothing but we sure are all firm in our beliefs. Kind of like when everyone was playing a lady precept and swore it was the best thing ever. We all found out we were basically playing a noodle and felt like idiots. The ones that still believed the magic basically changed the name to Laddie instead of Lady and probably still have 6 dozen in their closet.  The whole golf industry is smoke and mirrors filled with BS marketing as we all know, specs and rules basically make all clubs quite comparable other than personal opinion and what fits your eye the best.  

Just on eBay alone there have been 34 non PXG items with Elevate shafts sold in the last 7 days. You seem to struggle with what factual reality is versus your opinion.

• Like 2

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

7 hours ago, rgk5 said:

What data do you have that verifies that they are poor sellers?  You would have to examine a huge number of golf bags worldwide or have access to OEM order banks to make such a bold statement. 

He doesn’t use data, he has his opinion. Obviously True Temper offers the Elevate/Tour shaft to perform different from their other offerings because there is a need for it in the marketplace. Probably the same reason that virtually all the major manufacturers offer it as a fitting option. He says the are “ladies” shafts and launch to the “moon” even though I showed him that the Elevate Tour launches lower and has a lower peak height than DG. Of course he also said that the stock Lamkin grips were “ladies” grips. I didn’t realize that The King himself Mr. Palmer played ladies grips his entire career or that Justin Rose could overcome using ladies grips to become the #1 player in the world and win a major. He just continues to show his ignorance with every post…

22 hours ago, taylormade4life said:

Be careful if you ever reshaft stuff with them. They need the shims to fit the .370 if you have .355 shafts. Not many I trust in club repair these days especially at big box stores. 

Isn’t there a specific PXG ferrule that allows either .370 or .355 shafts to be installed?

22 minutes ago, hammergolf said:

Just on eBay alone there have been 34 non PXG items with Elevate shafts sold in the last 7 days. You seem to struggle with what factual reality is versus your opinion.

In the last 7 days, there has been over 25,000 sold golf items. 34 non PXG is a pretty small percentage. Also, some of my TT data comes from a former engineer for them currently working at a company in my area and playing at my club. I’m not saying my data is any better than anyone else’s but there are three facts that can’t be argued 1. PXG charges $60 for shipping 2. PXG charges $30 for grips that cost $10 at Golfworks and 3. PXG charges $39 for shafts that cost 24.99 at Golfworks. I find it hard that anyone could argue that the PXG stock clubs are worth double the price of any other OEM with the same setup. 

Edited by cardia10
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, hammergolf said:

He doesn’t use data, he has his opinion. Obviously True Temper offers the Elevate/Tour shaft to perform different from their other offerings because there is a need for it in the marketplace. Probably the same reason that virtually all the major manufacturers offer it as a fitting option. He says the are “ladies” shafts and launch to the “moon” even though I showed him that the Elevate Tour launches lower and has a lower peak height than DG. Of course he also said that the stock Lamkin grips were “ladies” grips. I didn’t realize that The King himself Mr. Palmer played ladies grips his entire career or that Justin Rose could overcome using ladies grips to become the #1 player in the world and win a major. He just continues to show his ignorance with every post…

Also never said Larkin grips were ladies grips. Said the shafts as stock were ladies weights. That is why the masses probably hit them so well. They probably fit better based on weight but like the Precept Lady changing to the Laddie, it is how it is named and marketed. 

3 hours ago, cardia10 said:

In the last 7 days, there has been over 25,000 sold golf items. 34 non PXG is a pretty small percentage. Also, some of my TT data comes from a former engineer for them currently working at a company in my area and playing at my club. I’m not saying my data is any better than anyone else’s but there are three facts that can’t be argued 1. PXG charges $60 for shipping 2. PXG charges $30 for grips that cost $10 at Golfworks and 3. PXG charges $39 for shafts that cost 24.99 at Golfworks. 

Nobody ever disputed the shipping or up charge prices. Just stick to using facts without making ridiculous opinionated statements like:

They are “ladies shafts”

They “launch to the moon”

“They fit nobody”

“They are trash” 

Obviously they don’t fit you, but they must fit some people because they are selling a lot of damn golf clubs right now and many members here rave about their performance. 

Edited by hammergolf
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, rgk5 said:

More nonsense.  Your club does not accurately represent the golf market nor does mine or any other.  It is a small random sample.  The so called "common knowledge" you speak of is not shared by the majority of professional fitters including me,  who did this for 17 years and not at a PXG location.  I fit Callaway customers with the Elevate and it is fine for the right player. My son who is very good player and former fitter at TXG and was voted one  of the top ten iron fitters in N.America by members of Golfwrx, uses the Elevate Tour 120 with excellent results as do a few Tour players. I am not espousing it as the be all for all people, no more than the lowly Dynamic shaft, which has been around in various forms since the late 1940s, the Gold variant since circa 1982.

I notice you use the verb"think" quite often which tells me your alleged "research" is nothing but anecdotal guess work, gleaned from your localized experience.  Do you know why the DG S-300 is often the de facto offering in stock sets? It is as cheap as chips to buy because the manufacturing process has been known for decades.

I’d be shocked with you as a fitter calling the DG lowly being that it is still the most played shaft on tour. With the tools they have to get the best fit, I don’t care if it was made last year or 100 years ago, they will 1. Play what they are paid to play and 2. Play what fits them best. A former TT engineer is at my club and I’m lucky to get to talk ship often with him. It is amazing how often we think we are playing something new and amazing and it is recycled 20 year old tech with a new marketing spin. 

2 minutes ago, hammergolf said:

Nobody ever disputed the shipping or up charge prices. Just stick to using facts without making ridiculous opinionated statements like:

They are “ladies shafts or grips”

They “launch to the moon”

“They fit nobody”

“They are trash” 

Obviously they don’t fit you, but they must fit sone people because they are selling a lot of damn golf clubs right now and many members here rave about their performance. 

I think I told everyone here during the last sale I had a set of GEN3 in my cart and it was an awesome deal. I figured it worth trying the stock shafts and grips and the heads were worth what the price was. Was honestly an awesome deal I though then the shipping hit me and it made me think, about all the other up charge opportunities and about 10 years ago working around another much much smaller golf start up and understanding shipping deals it became quickly apparent this week sent a pass along charge but it is a money maker. Really silly how something so simple would make me go down that hole, but it did. Ended up buying a 2nd hand Gen2 set here and they weren’t for me. I’ll try them again for sure but just won’t buy directly. 

17 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

Also never said Larkin grips were ladies grips. Said the shafts as stock were ladies weights. That is why the masses probably hit them so well. They probably fit better based on weight but like the Precept Lady changing to the Laddie, it is how it is named and marketed. 

I apologize about the ladies grips. You just said that “all their stock options are trash”. I just got confused by the multitude of your ignorant ridiculous statements. Obviously I confused the ladies statement with your “next coming of the Hammer driver” statement and your comparing PXG clubs to Warrior and the Hammer driver.

23 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

I’d be shocked with you as a fitter calling the DG lowly being that it is still the most played shaft on tour. With the tools they have to get the best fit, I don’t care if it was made last year or 100 years ago, they will 1. Play what they are paid to play and 2. Play what fits them best. A former TT engineer is at my club and I’m lucky to get to talk ship often with him. It is amazing how often we think we are playing something new and amazing and it is recycled 20 year old tech with a new marketing spin. 

I called them lowly because they are very inexpensive to make and really nothing new other than the 115, 105 and 95 gram weights.  The weight sorting to 1/25 of an ounce (non-Tour Issue) started as I said back in 1982.

• Like 1

Club Champion Custom Callaway AI Smoke 10*, Aldila Ascent 40 Gram, A Flex

Srixon F45 4-wood, 17*, Kuro Kage 606 S
TXG Custom  SIM Max 7-wood, Accra FX 140 2.0 M2

TXG Custom Cobra Tech 5-hybrid, KBS TGI 75 R
TXG Custom PXG 0211 6-pw, 1* upright, Recoil E460 R
PXG 0211 GW, 50*, (new version), UST Recoil Dart R
TXG Custom Cleveland CBX 54*, Tour Issue DG Spinner 115 

Ping Glide 4.0 58*, Nippon 115 
TXG Custom Cobra Nova, KBS CT Tour Shaft

19 minutes ago, rgk5 said:

I called them lowly because they are very inexpensive to make and really nothing new other than the 115, 105 and 95 gram weights.  The weight sorting to 1/25 of an ounce (non-Tour Issue) started as I said back in 1982.

Totally agree there. They found a formula there and stuck with it. Really amazing how that is one of the few components that have remained pretty standard after all those years. 

20 hours ago, cardia10 said:

So do you think PXG pays the same as Golf Galaxy for grips and shafts or are they charged triple? It doesn’t matter if you are installing an Elevate or S300, you are installing a shaft so why don’t PXG buy them cheaper at Golf Galaxy? I’m surprised the 4 of you don’t see how this is a little absurd. Walk into Dicks and buy a NDMC for $12 or PXG for $30? Labor is the same as a grip goes on the club. You would think an OEM get higher up the supply chain ladder than a retailer. 

I agree with you about the $30 grip being absurd, I mentioned it in the PXG gen5 thread, but I don't hate the company because of it. But you've become the boy that cried wolf at this point, you've shouted your misguided opinions ad nauseam that anything and everything PXG does as being wrong. We get it, you don't like PXG and that's okay, not every brand is for everyone, but it's time to move along little boy.

• Like 1

Taylormade Stealth+
Titleist TSi2 5W
PXG 0317x 22°
PXG Gen3 0311P 4i

PXG Gen4 0311T 5i-Gw
JP Golf Premier Wedge 54° & 58°
Kari Lajosi Damascus LP808

35 minutes ago, Laznasty said:

I agree with you about the $30 grip being absurd, I mentioned it in the PXG gen5 thread, but I don't hate the company because of it. But you've become the boy that cried wolf at this point, you've shouted your misguided opinions ad nauseam that anything and everything PXG does as being wrong. We get it, you don't like PXG and that's okay, not every brand is for everyone, but it's time to move along little boy.

You dont have to prove your maturity here by comments like that over a golf thread. I hi lighted  the negatives and some positives of a company that I don’t like their business practices. Fanboys have trashed me over financial facts and some opinions. Fair enough. If I spend almost 3k on a set of irons, I’d be confident in my purchase too. To make it personal makes you seem like an 18 year old in a lifted truck using your parents money. See how silly it is to make personal comments about someone you know absolutely nothing about. Reading back through your comments on other threads, it seems I’m not the first person you’ve spoke about like that. I bet you are just a joy to be around on the course. 

Edited by cardia10

5 hours ago, rgk5 said:

More nonsense.  Your club does not accurately represent the golf market nor does mine or any other.  It is a small random sample.  The so called "common knowledge" you speak of is not shared by the majority of professional fitters including me,  who did this for 17 years and not at a PXG location.  I fit Callaway customers with the Elevate and it is fine for the right player. My son who is very good player and former fitter at TXG and was voted one  of the top ten iron fitters in N.America by members of Golfwrx, uses the Elevate Tour 120 with excellent results as do a few Tour players. I am not espousing it as the be all for all people, no more than the lowly Dynamic shaft, which has been around in various forms since the late 1940s, the Gold variant since circa 1982.

I notice you use the verb"think" quite often which tells me your alleged "research" is nothing but anecdotal guess work, gleaned from your localized experience.  Do you know why the DG S-300 is often the de facto offering in stock sets? It is as cheap as chips to buy because the manufacturing process has been known for decades.

Poster has his opinion and it's up to the reader to decide to agree or not. You act like your on a message board arguing about what draft pick the 49ers should of taken. He has his opinion and I kind of agree...pxg nonsense....thats what this forum is...opinions. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

You dont have to prove your maturity here by comments like that over a golf thread. I hi lighted  the negatives and some positives of a company that I don’t like their business practices. Fanboys have trashed me over financial facts and some opinions. Fair enough. If I spend almost 3k on a set of irons, I’d be confident in my purchase too. To make it personal makes you seem like an 18 year old in a lifted truck using your parents money. See how silly it is to make personal comments about someone you know absolutely nothing about. Reading back through your comments on other threads, it seems I’m not the first person you’ve spoke about like that. I bet you are just a joy to be around on the course. 

Not sure how people who use logic, common sense, and factual data when making comments are considered “fan boys”. However, not surprising you draw that conclusion given the amount of nonsensical and ignorant statements you make. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just a short recap.

There are 2 main sides/antagonists on this thread.

One has made statements calling the other's statements (among other things) ignorant, nonsensical, etc., using some things said in a general way and trying to challenge it as if it was meant literally and suggesting the other guy(s) need professional help - just a small snapshot

And often repeating the same tired attacks.

The other has responded calmly, if repeatedly, with few if any insults, snark, whatever.

I'm actually a bit surprised the board hasn't stepped in. coffee.gif

• Like 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

1 minute ago, dhacker56 said:

One should never say two things...NEVER or ALWAYS!

hysterical.gifhysterical.gifhysterical.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

2 hours ago, hammergolf said:

Not sure how people who use logic, common sense, and factual data when making comments are considered “fan boys”. However, not surprising you draw that conclusion given the amount of nonsensical and ignorant statements you make. 

Factual data- again 1. PXG Irons with Project X or DG S300 shafts and NDMC grips are priced double of most other OEM sets 2. PXG charges $60 for shipping. 3. PXG is a marketing machine if you enjoy a screaming 65 year old man claiming to make the best clubs ever. The marketing is so reminiscent of the Hammer driver it is scary with the same BOOM yell. I can’t get into that and it devalues the product for me when I hear that. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

I saw them in my playing partners Callaways today, giggled and thought about how stupid/lacking your knowledge/comments are in this thread.

Yep, PXG and 2 years of stock Callaway. You will see them, just not often. There is a reason for that. If they were wonderful shafts, every company would go to them, kind of like KBS 10 years ago. KBS got into the hands of OEMs by offering g amazing deals on bulk shafts basically to get the name out there. Their first generation was soft and high spinning and fit slower swinging golfers. They quickly shifted and improved and have improved to have shafts for almost every golfer. Look at the WITB of the people arguing about it here. They are obviously believers and that is fine. They can have their opinion and I can have mine. Resorting to name calling over differing opinions make me think of the guys that blast terrible music, drink a 12 pack before the turn and leave half cigars all over the course. Just isn’t fitting for the game that we used to play. 

Edited by cardia10
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

Factual data- again 1. PXG Irons with Project X or DG S300 shafts and NDMC grips are priced double of most other OEM sets 2. PXG charges $60 for shipping. 3. PXG is a marketing machine if you enjoy a screaming 65 year old man claiming to make the best clubs ever. The marketing is so reminiscent of the Hammer driver it is scary with the same BOOM yell. I can’t get into that and it devalues the product for me when I hear that. 

And we really listen to your opinion...right?

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, dhacker56 said:

And we really listen to your opinion...right?

And your opinion is? Wait, let me guess…PXG is the best ever and not waiting 30 days is well worth paying for the only shafts and grips they can get? $60 is fine for shipping because USPS just increased $15. (Even though PXG doesn’t use USPS) and I’m not hurt at all that I payed 2500 for my irons that are now on their site for $800 6 months later. I paid  too much for my putter too. Oh and I forgot, I’m an idiot, stupid and must be terrible at golf and life because I dont like being upcharged by PXG for every option. I think I covered them all for you all again. Opinions are like a holes, everyone has theirs and some of you alls stink much more than others. Appreciate some of you all willing to discuss things logically. 

Edited by cardia10

19 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

Yep, PXG and 2 years of stock Callaway. You will see them, just not often. There is a reason for that. If they were wonderful shafts, every company would go to them, kind of like KBS 10 years ago. KBS got into the hands of OEMs by offering g amazing deals on bulk shafts basically to get the name out there. Their first generation was soft and high spinning and fit slower swinging golfers. They quickly shifted and improved and have improved to have shafts for almost every golfer. Look at the WITB of the people arguing about it here. They are obviously believers and that is fine. They can have their opinion and I can have mine. Resorting to name calling over differing opinions make me think of the guys that blast terrible music, drink a 12 pack before the turn and leave half cigars all over the course. Just isn’t fitting for the game that we used to play. 

Read into as you may, but I didn't personally call YOU anything. Lots of smart people make stupid/lacking comments when they lack proper knowledge on a subject. IMO, your subject matter expertise in this thread, especially regarding to the OP's original subject, is well below average. 

I was absolutely, positively willing to pay more to get my clubs quickly! At this point in my life, why wouldn’t I?

As it turned out, Sub 70 won the “race” so that’s what’s in my bag now. But I would not hesitate to play any brand that a.) helps me play better and b.) I can actually get.

• Like 1

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle