2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Is PXG going out of business?

golfnhack

4 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

Probably so, also cut the stock junk grip off and put a super stroke one if. I usually don’t try to “elevate@ much with a putter shaft. Shocked that other oems aren’t putting Elevates in putter shafts since they fit everyone. 

I’m confused, are the grips junk now? Two days ago they were ladies grips….. 🤡

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

23 hours ago, leftycabe said:

Here we go again......... It is obvious that you knew the intent of my previous post or you wouldn't have been able to put yours together..... You can't get to decide what he *should* have meant. All of these "facts" are just wrong. To say that the elevate shafts is a "cheaper stock option" is misleading. What does "cheaper" mean? Cheaper in price? If so - why are the elevate shafts higher priced than the dynamic gold options on Golf Works? Why are they priced above the AMT shafts? Higher priced that KBS Tours? Higher priced than several Nippon shafts? This is what is so frustrating........people say things that are factually inacurrate. 

Saying you have or have not noticed a shaft in a fitting cart is completely worthless information. There are FAR MORE shafts that are NOT in a fitting cart than ARE in a fitting cart. That doesn't mean what is offered is the best out there, nor does it mean something is crap if it is not offered.

As for the shaft contributing to launch - you are right. I can find someone that hits an elevate shaft lower than a C-Taper shaft. Does that make C-Taper a high launching shaft? No. just as I stated - a shaft is a timing mechanism. It is inaccurate to say "Yeah, everyone can hit them to the moon and you can swing the club fast with them." because it is not a fact.

I get that it's a polarizing but this whole song and dance of finding any reason to complain is just so old. As has been said here many times.......EVERYONE GETS IT. The market has already decided it is okay with the shaft offerings. The market is okay with the upcharges. It is fine if people do not like them. It's just a waste of everyone's time to keep complaining time and time again. It doesn't add anything to the conversation. 

Can it just be said one final time that PXG is not for everyone.

Firstly I'll say that this subject is kinda sorta like "CB vs blades" and finally, those who've said "Play whatever you want" have been heard(?) and those discussions haven't come up much anymore.

And along that line, I certainly agree that if one can't afford something or one doesn't like a certain brand, fine. Don't buy 'em.

As for my previous post and not getting to decide what cardia meant when he said the stock shafts fit nobody, let me ask you. Do YOU think he meant that literally ?

Elevates - riddle me this. If they're higher priced than all those other shafts you mention why is there a $30 or so upcharge for PXG replacing the "more expensive" Elevates with less expensive shafts ? Or is that $30 mentioned inaccurate ?

As for the market being OK with PXG's pricing, see my earlier post. Totally agree with that. No sense complaining, or at least not keeping it up. Just move on.

But no, I suspect it can't be said one final time. :classic_laugh:

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

10 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

Well, since you continue to hang your hat on cardia saying the Elevates fit "Nobody", even though you know that wasn't meant literally, how do you know "nobody" is forcing him to buy PXG clubs ? :deadhorse:

Anywho, since nobody chose to answer my questions from a couple of days ago, and you appear to be the #1 defender of PXG, let me (re-)ask my questions to you.

It seems to me the big boys change over annually but seldom, if ever, have very much of a previous year model available after the switchover.

They may have a few sets left over and, in rare cases, such as the recent re-release/"dump" of Ping's IEI1 (or whatever it's called) or TM's M6 drivers. I recall back ~2010(?) Ping dumping dozens of Rapture drivers at about $100 per.

I see on the PXG site 0211, Gen 3, Gen4, & the newly released Gen 5.

I assume this corresponds to (roughly) the year introduced. And then there's the "model"; 0311T, XP, whatever.

Do you know if PXG is still manufacturing the older models if/when someone orders them ? Or are all these heads left over from the year they were actually made and are actually just being "closed out" ? You know, rather than "On sale at 1/3 the original price" ?

Oh, one other thing.

It's been claimed that PXG charges ~$30 or so to upgrade to another (any  other ?) steel shaft. Do you agree with that ? Is that accurate ?

If it IS accurate and the Elevate shaft is so good, why do you suppose PXG charges an additional $30 or more for an inferior shaft ? One that other manufacturers offer for $0 ?

TIA 👍

Maybe you guys can get a discount on a group session for professional help…

4 minutes ago, hammergolf said:

Maybe you guys can get a discount on a group session for professional help…

Maybe a fan boi can just answer a few simple questions ? :classic_rolleyes:

Or, absent actual facts, at least offer a reasonable opinion ?

Edited by nsxguy
  • Thanks 1

Ping Glide Pro 48*

7 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

Maybe a fan boi can just answer a few simple questions ? :classic_rolleyes:

Ok, please state your questions in a logical format. I’ll answer them all. It’s just tough to keep up with your rambling thoughts.

Edited by hammergolf
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, hammergolf said:

Ok, please state your questions in a logical format. I’ll answer them all. It’s jus tough to keep up with your rambling thoughts.

My questions are very clear. You're simply trying to evade them - not that I'm surprised.

If you can't easily pick 'em out of my previous post to you I can't help you.

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Just now, nsxguy said:

My questions are very clear. You're simply trying to evade them - not that I'm surprised.

If you can't easily pick 'em out of my previous post to you I can't help you.

Once again, please give me your specific questions. I will answer each one of them. 

• Haha 1

The truth is PXG is not going out of business anytime soon. They make an excellent product. They are starting to become known for quick turnaround. The only way I see them going bye bye if Parsons hasn’t put a dedicated team to keep it going after his demise. 
 He’s making money on this. His promos are excellent and more and more you see golfers putting his clubs in their bag. Maybe not everyone but quite a few. 
  One more thing Parson has made the other manufacturers to think outside the box in areas of innovation. He has actually helped the consumer across the board.

Edited by NoTalentLefty
  • Like 3

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

40 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

Do you know if PXG is still manufacturing the older models if/when someone orders them ? Or are all these heads left over from the year they were actually made and are actually just being "closed out" ? You know, rather than "On sale at 1/3 the original price" ?

They were manufacturing Gen2 & Gen3 heads at various points through last year due to demand. Gen2 no longer.  Not sure if they'll manufacturer anymore Gen3 as it's due to be closed out soon with the release of Gen5. 

2 minutes ago, snagy2000 said:

They were manufacturing Gen2 & Gen3 heads at various points through last year due to demand. Gen2 no longer.  Not sure if they'll manufacturer anymore Gen3 as it's due to be closed out soon with the release of Gen5. 

Thank you. Appreciate it.

Does PXG make their own heads here in the USA ? If not, do you know where ?

Ping Glide Pro 48*

1 hour ago, nsxguy said:

Well, since you continue to hang your hat on cardia saying the Elevates fit "Nobody", even though you know that wasn't meant literally, how do you know "nobody" is forcing him to buy PXG clubs ? :deadhorse:

Anywho, since nobody chose to answer my questions from a couple of days ago, and you appear to be the #1 defender of PXG, let me (re-)ask my questions to you.

It seems to me the big boys change over annually but seldom, if ever, have very much of a previous year model available after the switchover.

They may have a few sets left over and, in rare cases, such as the recent re-release/"dump" of Ping's IEI1 (or whatever it's called) or TM's M6 drivers. I recall back ~2010(?) Ping dumping dozens of Rapture drivers at about $100 per.

I assume this corresponds to (roughly) the year introduced. And then there's the "model"; 0311T, XP, whatever.

Oh, one other thing.

It's been claimed that PXG charges ~$30 or so to upgrade to another (any  other ?) steel shaft. Do you agree with that ? Is that accurate ?

If it IS accurate and the Elevate shaft is so good, why do you suppose PXG charges an additional $30 or more for an inferior shaft ? One that other manufacturers offer for $0 ?

TIA 👍

As far as I can tell, PXG generates X number of clubs for each Gen, then lowers the price after the new gens are released to get rid of stock. They do not produce older gens after they are discontinued.

As for this shaft debate, I was fit for PX 6.5 and had to pay 30/club. Was I happy? No, but it’s my fit and the clubs work. None of the other brands combos gave me what PXG iron fit did. It still boils down to getting fit.. I don’t get why this is a debate? My previous irons were fit with steelfiber which i think were 50$ upcharge per club.. did that mean PX or c taper at the time was bad? No, TM just upcharged for steelfiber.

No one is saying you cannot buy the heads and shafts and build it yourself. But their pricing practices don’t dictate the quality of the club, right? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Singletrack1 said:

Nobody can ship even a single club for anything close to $12 these days. Where does that figure come from?

You do understand companies that sell golf clubs don’t walk up to the counter every day and pay retail? They have negotiated deals and $12 is likely on the high end of what they pay. 

Taylormade charges 9.00 on a putter. 

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
               6-7 Big Bertha 

15 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

You do understand companies that sell golf clubs don’t walk up to the counter every day and pay retail? They have negotiated deals and $12 is likely on the high end of what they pay. 

They get those deals because they sell a ton of soft goods etc which plays into their volume pricing contracts. Plus there is usually a spend limit to get free shipping. PXG doesn't come close to the overall volume of those companies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nsxguy said:

This is just not accurate. Several OEM’s not only have last years models in the marketplace, but have models that are two or more years old in the marketplace. There are many examples of this, Original Sim drivers, SM7 wedges, G400 drivers, Epic drivers. There are even “re-engineered” models of older Cobra and Taylormade drivers in the marketplace

Yes, PXG does have 11 models of irons on their site from current to 3 years ago at different prices. However, Taylormade has 12 models at different prices on their site from current to 4 years ago. Callaway has 11 models of irons on their site from current to 3 years ago. 

I don’t know if they are, but I would assume they either made a large purchase before the supply chain issues started or are continuing to buy components. Considering the Gen3 models have been at the reduced price for almost a year it would seem that they have them in stock, I would assume they maybe did both. 

Oh, one other thing.

I’ve seen up charges anywhere from $15 to $75 for iron shafts, so it would seem accurate.

Once again, I’m not privy to the inner workings of PXG’s purchasing dept. I can only assume that possibly they made a very large purchase of Elevate/Tour shafts and MMT shafts. Maybe they did that to get a better price, or maybe the data they had from their fittings showed that those shafts fit the majority of the customers that bought clubs. 
The word inferior once again is just wrong. Once again I have no knowledge of the inner workings of PXG, but common sense and understanding basic business would lead one to believe they pay more for “non stock” shafts then stock models. Each OEM has a different model for stock and up charge options. For example, I can get a set of Taylormade irons but the MMT is a $28 upcharge over the stock Fujikura model. 

TIA 👍

Well, since you continue to hang your hat on cardia saying the Elevates fit "Nobody", even though you know that wasn't meant literally, how do you know "nobody" is forcing him to buy PXG clubs ? :deadhorse:

This is just not accurate. Several OEM’s not only have last years models in the marketplace, but have models that are two or more years old in the marketplace. There are many examples of this, Original Sim drivers, SM7 wedges, G400 drivers, Epic drivers. There are even “re-engineered” models of older Cobra and Taylormade drivers in the marketplace

Yes, PXG does have 11 models of irons on their site from current to 3 years ago at different prices. However, Taylormade has 12 models at different prices on their site from current to 4 years ago. Callaway has 11 models of irons on their site from current to 3 years ago. 

I don’t know if they are, but I would assume they either made a large purchase before the supply chain issues started or are continuing to buy components. Considering the Gen3 models have been at the reduced price for almost a year it would seem that they have them in stock, I would assume they maybe did both. 

Oh, one other thing.

I’ve seen up charges anywhere from $15 to $75 for iron shafts, so it would seem accurate.

Once again, I’m not privy to the inner workings of PXG’s purchasing dept. I can only assume that possibly they made a very large purchase of Elevate/Tour shafts and MMT shafts. Maybe they did that to get a better price, or maybe the data they had from their fittings showed that those shafts fit the majority of the customers that bought clubs. 
The word inferior once is just wrong. Once again I have no knowledge of the inner workings of PXG, but common sense and understanding basic business would lead one to believe they pay more for “non stock” shafts then stock models. Each OEM has a different model for stock and up charge options. For example, I can get a set of Taylormade irons but the MMT is a $28 upcharge over the stock Fujikura model. 

Edited by hammergolf
Change

14 minutes ago, vpexp said:

You should buy several. Might even save more. 

If I could get it by my wife….. 

• Haha 1

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
               6-7 Big Bertha 

14 hours ago, cardia10 said:

So Ive called out the $60 shipping that it costs them $12 max to ship, but wait, boom, you get a black box and I’ve questioned $30 grips that are stock for 100% of every other OEM and $39 shafts “upgrades” that are stock with every other OEM.

While ignoring that by having the high upcharge price on those grips which are an item that have been frequently backorders over the last 1.5 years pxg is pushing the consumer to their branded grips. 

Also ignoring that they were charging only recently just raised the price back to $60 as shipping rates increased 

2 hours ago, cardia10 said:

Nah, paid 2k and with all the talk about clubs depreciating, I’m thinking this one is worth a little more based on eBay sales. 
it stays covered most of the time. 

D9A632D0-2023-475B-B1ED-3FE4C50E80C0.jpegWow seriously $2K man did you ever get ripped on that deal, It might be worth it if it was something that Moses used to part  the Red Sea with

A93201C8-7124-4A1C-A42B-61DA6619F5B6.jpeg

2 hours ago, cardia10 said:

895290E5-830A-4065-84DF-B2E287B3F8C4.jpeg

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

2 hours ago, nsxguy said:

Oh, one other thing.

TIA 👍

They are more than likely still producing the older models.  R&D/marketing costs in the rear view make selling at a deep discount possible.  I was surprised when they started slashing prices but the new business model appears to be working. 

I've never hit one of their clubs.  Would be fun to give one a swing and see what all the fuss is about.  A buddy bought some woods on deep discount and says they are pretty good, although the shaft he got with them doesn't work for him. 

• Like 1

TSR3 9° Ventus Black TR 6X - Stealth+ 3W Ventus Blue 6TX - Stealth+ 5W Ventus Black TR 8X - Mizuno 225 4i / MP 20 5-PW Proj X IO 6.0 - Titleist SM9 S200 50.12F 55.11D 60.04T - Rossie White Hot (Circa ~2002...I forget)

Indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

2 minutes ago, MattC555 said:

They are more than likely still producing the older models.  R&D/marketing costs in the rear view make selling at a deep discount possible.  I was surprised when they started slashing prices but the new business model appears to be working. 

I've never hit one of their clubs.  Would be fun to give one a swing and see what all the fuss is about.  A buddy bought some woods on deep discount and says they are pretty good, although the shaft he got with them doesn't work for him. 

Check BST soon for a Gen 2 set with $39 up charge shafts and $30 per grip up charge. 1/5th or less of original retail. I’ll also waive the $60 shipping. 

Edited by cardia10

5 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

Check BST soon for a Gen 2 set with $39 up charge shafts and $30 per grip up charge. 1/5th or less of original retail. I’ll also waive the $60 shipping. 

Thanks, but I'm not in the market for irons.  GLWS

TSR3 9° Ventus Black TR 6X - Stealth+ 3W Ventus Blue 6TX - Stealth+ 5W Ventus Black TR 8X - Mizuno 225 4i / MP 20 5-PW Proj X IO 6.0 - Titleist SM9 S200 50.12F 55.11D 60.04T - Rossie White Hot (Circa ~2002...I forget)

Indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

5 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

Yep, hard to find many in the market for used PXG irons…

20 sets of Gen2 irons sold on eBay in the last 7 days…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1