2024 PGA Championship WITB Photos ×

Is PXG going out of business?

golfnhack

6 minutes ago, taylormade4life said:

I think you win the thread lol 🏆 

🤣🤣🤣

Funny, I have never struck a PXG product, ever.  Just don’t like the Haterade. 

Adaptive Golf.....look out for the one-armed man:

Ping G425 Max Driver, 5W, 7W....+2"

PXG 0211 hybrids, 25*, 28*, 31*….+2”

Sub70 699 8i - SW….+4”

Bobby Grace F-22 side saddle

1 minute ago, taylormade4life said:

I was just trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but it def feels like that. Golf is a hobby that can be expensive, so what. A round at pebble is now over $500 but my local muni ain’t even close, 😂 not even comparable. Is that on pebble too? Where does it end?! 

I mean I bought Gen3 XP 5-GW irons about a year ago for $900! That’s a hell of a deal on clubs that tick every box for me. I also just got a set of Ping i525 with Steelfiber shafts that were $1400. However, if I was spending $900 and a custom shaft was going to cost me another $300 big deal…. On grips, I ordered my PXG clubs ungripped, and sold them on eBay. Actually made money on them since my the grip I use is cheaper. I learned a long time ago that there are just people in the world that live to complain. 

• Like 3

TaylorMade Sim Max 9* @ 7* Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg
Ping G425 3wd @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 5 Reg 
Ping G425 7wd @ -1 Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6 Reg
Ping G425 22 hybrid @ Flat setting Fujikura Ventus Blue HB 6 reg
PXG Gen 4 0311XP 6-GW Fujikura Axiom 75 R2 

Cleveland CBX Zipcore 50*, 56*, 60* DG Spinner Stiff stepped soft
Evnroll ER7  33” Rosemark grip

1 minute ago, mshills said:

🤣🤣🤣

Until last August neither had I. I went to try them and they were the best feeling, most forgiving, best looking irons I had ever hit. So I bought them. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mshills said:

🤣🤣🤣

Anytime those 3 letters "PXG" are mentioned the haters come out!!!! 

Only brand that I have ever seen that happen with, just stupid.

• Like 2

DRIVER -     PXG Black OPs Tour 1 - 8* | 🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥   
2 WD -         PXG Gen 6  13* |  🔥KHT AUTOFLEX SF505🔥

2/3/4 Hybrids- PXG Gen 6 | Accra Tour 90i Stiff

IRONS -       PXG Gen 6 XP DOUBLE BLACK | MMT 80 Stiff                     
WEDGES -  PXG Sugar Daddy II 54*/13 and 58*/10 | MMT 80 Stiff  
PUTTERS - LAB MEZZ MAX Blue Head w/White Accra Shaft

LAB MEZZ MAX Red Head w/Black Accra Shaft
BAG -           PXG Staff Bag

I’ve seen this kind hate before. Usually that person has his head so far up his own rear end that he can see the back of his teeth. The problem is do you call a proctologist or a dentist? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Driver: Callaway Paradym 9 set to 10 Draw

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
Hybrids: 4-5 Epic Flash    
               6-7 Big Bertha 

7 Ping G430 played as an 8 

Irons: PXG Gen4 XP 9-GW

Wedges: PXG 0311 52 56 degree Forged

Putter: Odyssey Rossie Pro 2.0 

30 minutes ago, NoTalentLefty said:

I’ve seen this kind hate before. Usually that person has his head so far up his own rear end that he can see the back of his teeth. The problem is do you call a proctologist or a dentist? 

This made me laugh. Ty

Edited by eRod v1.0

PXG BO Tour-1 10.5° - Ventus Blue Velocore -or-

TaylorMade BRNR Mini 11.5°- Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 15° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 18° - Tensei AV Raw White

PXG 0311 BO 22° - Tensei AV Raw White
PXG BLE 0317T - 5-PW - Project X
Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 50°

Cleveland RTX6 Tour Rack - PX - 54°
LAB DF3 - Accra Black -or-

LAB Link.1 - Accra Black

50 minutes ago, NoTalentLefty said:

That is well-described.  It is not rational and cannot be reasoned with, hence its continuation forevermore.  PXG could literally give clubs away and ship them for free as an added bonus, and there would still be the haters. 

So, I say "neither" on your question's choices, and add psychiatrist as a third alternative.

1 hour ago, indianagolf2 said:

They priced the equipment so high and now are giving you great pricing persay. Sounds like a bit bait and switch. This club was 600 and now 199..lol. 

Right…. because TaylorMade, Callaway or any other manufacturers never discount clubs when newer ones are released. 

2 hours ago, NoTalentLefty said:

So Ive called out the $60 shipping that it costs them $12 max to ship, but wait, boom, you get a black box and I’ve questioned $30 grips that are stock for 100% of every other OEM and $39 shafts “upgrades” that are stock with every other OEM. I dont hate the clubs at all. I disliked the other n consistency in n the Gen 2 irons that is well documented. I hate their pricing tactics that make them appear to be superior products. It reeks of a step above an infomercial. I’m sure the clubs are fine. I didn’t like my set but I’ll try more I’m sure. I feel like they are a step above Warrior and you may want to be careful with your credit card info or you may start getting “free” test clubs in the mail for the $199 handling fee. 

it really is funny that all the guys defending them have typically paid full boat for a full set up to watch them continuously drop pricing month after month. Some as far as using their logo for their picture here….and I’m the brainwashed one. Lol

Edited by cardia10

Rght quit defending a company like it's your lover or you're jealous as you wish you had a set. Starting to get old. The more controversial they are the more popular they become. They are no way near going out of business as I would be more concerned how much longer does Cobra/Puma have left, or Sub 70 or New Level as PXG is here to stay for as long as people love to golf. I hope the other brand I've listed will be here that long too. Time to move on go on a date, drink some beer just quit speculating and just talk about what brand you like and why. 

Driver: Cobra  50th Anniversary Edition Aerojet 10.5 w/Graphite Design Tour AD IZ4 

3W: Callaway  Paradym X 3w/ Graphite Design Tour AD CQ5  

5/7W: Callaway Paradym X / Project X Hzrdus Gen 4 silver 5.5

Irons:  Titleist T-350 w/Aerotech i80r

Wedges:  Cleveland RTX 6 ZipCore 48* and 54* w/Aerotech i95r

Putter:  ENVROLL E2 34" with Stability Fire shaft  w/ Oversize Black PURE grip (rotate) ODESSEY EYE TRAX 2-BALL w/BGT Stability Carbon 33" 2 Thumb OG Lite 31 black grip

11 hours ago, hammergolf said:

I mean I bought Gen3 XP 5-GW irons about a year ago for $900! That’s a hell of a deal on clubs that tick every box for me. I also just got a set of Ping i525 with Steelfiber shafts that were $1400. However, if I was spending $900 and a custom shaft was going to cost me another $300 big deal…. On grips, I ordered my PXG clubs ungripped, and sold them on eBay. Actually made money on them since my the grip I use is cheaper. I learned a long time ago that there are just people in the world that live to complain. 

Exactly.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cardia10 said:

it really is funny that all the guys defending them have typically paid full boat for a full set up to watch them continuously drop pricing month after month. Some as far as using their logo for their picture here….and I’m the brainwashed one. Lol

You have completely lost me now Lol. Best of luck to you in life since most things after purchase not only depreciate, but they discount the models.. cars, golf clubs, TVs, etc etc. I’m  sorry PXG hurt you in some way, but I promise they have moved on and you can too. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

LOL, Bob is positioning his company pretty well to grab as much market share as he can or as much as golf will allow. It's not like they live in a vacuum or make rash marketing decisions. He now has a good set for every budget. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Honma TR20 Vizard RED S

Callaway Fusion 3 Wood Recoil S

PXG 6-Gap TT Elevate S

Vokey SM8 50, 54, 58

Scotty Phantom X 5.5

9 hours ago, cardia10 said:

I feel like they are a step above Warrior and you may want to be careful with your credit card info or you may start getting “free” test clubs in the mail for the $199 handling fee.

16 minutes ago, SEP1006 said:

The more you post the more stupid your comments get.

He's probably one that would spend 10K on a Scotty putter then play it for his gamer without a cover?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

Hmmm, seems fun giving the same 4 people a hard time about being killed on up charges. Want to bet within a year, their stock offerings will improve? 

Don’t go away mad just go away…

• Like 1

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
               6-7 Big Bertha 

1 minute ago, NoTalentLefty said:

Don’t go away mad just go away…

And we all cheer for 2/4. Congrats of your cheer and welcoming attitude discussing pluses and negatives of clubs. Sorry, didn’t realize we had people in the thread paid by PXG to promote. Bet I’ll be here longer than PXG is around. 

Edited by cardia10

11 hours ago, cardia10 said:

So Ive called out the $60 shipping that it costs them $12 max to ship, but wait, boom, you get a black box and I’ve questioned $30 grips that are stock for 100% of every other OEM and $39 shafts “upgrades” that are stock with every other OEM. I dont hate the clubs at all. I disliked the other n consistency in n the Gen 2 irons that is well documented. I hate their pricing tactics that make them appear to be superior products. It reeks of a step above an infomercial. I’m sure the clubs are fine. I didn’t like my set but I’ll try more I’m sure. I feel like they are a step above Warrior and you may want to be careful with your credit card info or you may start getting “free” test clubs in the mail for the $199 handling fee. 

bought my Gen4 XP's for $1000, sold the shafts bought new shafts, all in all i was in for $1200.  Turned around and didnt like the turf interaction, sold them for $1000, kept the shafts as i was fit for them.  bought the 0211DC for $76 a head.  Best decision ever as I have never felt a better feeling iron for $76.  Hell a better feeling iron for $200.  They rival their own products.

As far as paying full boat and then watch pricing drop, so is marketing and selling.  Who really cares as long as you are satisfied.  Cant dwell on purchases that 6 months later are 25% of the price.  

I feel like they do have superior products, again for $76 a head, I will put them up against anything on the market that is $250-300 per head.  They are incredible.  Once I have better ball striking and fall into the single digits for handicap, in a couple years I will get fit for some P or T model irons (hopefully Gen5), They have my business for as long as they are in business.

Sucks that you think this way, because the products (irons specifically) are excellent!

Taylormade Stealth+ 10.5*

Stealth+ 3W

Stealth+ 5W

Honma TR20V 5-GW

Edel SMS 54/58

Custom Built Putter by Myself

28 minutes ago, cardia10 said:

And we all cheer for 2/4. Congrats of your cheer and welcoming attitude discussing pluses and negatives of clubs. Sorry, didn’t realize we had people in the thread paid by PXG to promote. Bet I’ll be here longer than PXG is around. 

I doubt it 

3W Callaway  Epic Flash

5w Callaway Epic Flash
               6-7 Big Bertha 

15 hours ago, hammergolf said:

He has no point, he’s a butt hurt troll that is upset his 4yr old gen2 irons aren’t worth what he feels they should be. Then in the same breath he complains about upcharge for options on clubs he will never buy. He’s very uninformed and every time he makes a post he increasingly proves it. I show him data showing the Elevate Tour shaft is lower launching and lower peak height yet he calls them trash women’s shafts that go to the moon. He also stated that Lamkins are women’s grips, and the stock offerings from PXG fit NOBODY…  

Well, since you continue to hang your hat on cardia saying the Elevates fit "Nobody", even though you know that wasn't meant literally, how do you know "nobody" is forcing him to buy PXG clubs ? :deadhorse:

Anywho, since nobody chose to answer my questions from a couple of days ago, and you appear to be the #1 defender of PXG, let me (re-)ask my questions to you.

It seems to me the big boys change over annually but seldom, if ever, have very much of a previous year model available after the switchover.

They may have a few sets left over and, in rare cases, such as the recent re-release/"dump" of Ping's IEI1 (or whatever it's called) or TM's M6 drivers. I recall back ~2010(?) Ping dumping dozens of Rapture drivers at about $100 per.

I see on the PXG site 0211, Gen 3, Gen4, & the newly released Gen 5.

I assume this corresponds to (roughly) the year introduced. And then there's the "model"; 0311T, XP, whatever.

Do you know if PXG is still manufacturing the older models if/when someone orders them ? Or are all these heads left over from the year they were actually made and are actually just being "closed out" ? You know, rather than "On sale at 1/3 the original price" ?

Oh, one other thing.

It's been claimed that PXG charges ~$30 or so to upgrade to another (any  other ?) steel shaft. Do you agree with that ? Is that accurate ?

If it IS accurate and the Elevate shaft is so good, why do you suppose PXG charges an additional $30 or more for an inferior shaft ? One that other manufacturers offer for $0 ?

TIA 👍

• Haha 1

Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9.0 Ventus Blue 6S

Ping G425 14.5 Fairway Tour AD TP 6X

Ping G425 MAX 20.5 7 wood Diamana Blue 70 S

Ping G20 5-PW DGS300 Yellow Dot

Ping Glide Pro 48*

Taylormade MG3 52*, 56*, TW 60* DGS200

LAB Mezz Max 35*, RED, Black Accra

Callaway Tour TruTrack Yellow

2 minutes ago, nsxguy said:

Well, since you continue to hang your hat on cardia saying the Elevates fit "Nobody", even though you know that wasn't meant literally, how do you know "nobody" is forcing him to buy PXG clubs ? :deadhorse:

Anywho, since nobody chose to answer my questions from a couple of days ago, and you appear to be the #1 defender of PXG, let me (re-)ask my questions to you.

It seems to me the big boys change over annually but seldom, if ever, have very much of a previous year model available after the switchover.

They may have a few sets left over and, in rare cases, such as the recent re-release/"dump" of Ping's IEI1 (or whatever it's called) or TM's M6 drivers. I recall back ~2010(?) Ping dumping dozens of Rapture drivers at about $100 per.

I see on the PXG site 0211, Gen 3, Gen4, & the newly released Gen 5.

I assume this corresponds to (roughly) the year introduced. And then there's the "model"; 0311T, XP, whatever.

Do you know if PXG is still manufacturing the older models if/when someone orders them ? Or are all these heads left over from the year they were actually made and are actually just being "closed out" ? You know, rather than "On sale at 1/3 the original price" ?

Oh, one other thing.

It's been claimed that PXG charges ~$30 or so to upgrade to another (any  other ?) steel shaft. Do you agree with that ? Is that accurate ?

If it IS accurate and the Elevate shaft is so good, why do you suppose PXG charges an additional $30 or more for an inferior shaft ? One that other manufacturers offer for $0 ?

TIA 👍

They won’t answer real questions about the clubs, just defend the business practices. Their sales policies are indefensible. 

• Haha 1