2024 CJ Cup Byron Nelson WITB Photos ×

P Reed not happy about Ryder Cup snub

DrivingChamp

2 hours ago, Big GG said:

Obviously Stricker made the right call. I know that because the US team won. Reed and Horschel can cry and complain all they want. 

Did billy complain 

Overhaul 

Driver Testing 

3w Stealth 2 + 15* Ventus Red 9x tipped 2" 43”  

2i TMAG P790 2i Hzdus 100g X  

Titleist MB 620 3-PW (47* PW) PX 7.0 Std Length -2 flat from Titleist Spec 

Vokey - Testing 

Putter  OPEN  

7 hours ago, BlackDiamondPar5 said:

I don't think you and blade are listening.  If you run an organization and someone is a problem such that they could harm the team, you make sure they don't.  That's true whether it be a sports team or in business. Catty is one thing, but toxic is another.  You don't hire toxic especially when there are other good choices.  If Reed is truly as toxic as some of us think, then Stricker made the right call.    

Let's give Stricker and other Asst Captains a little credit for knowing infinitely more than the average any WRXer.  The results speak for themselves. 

Stricker left Reed off the team because of his health and lack of play leading up to the event.

At the present time he's being lauded as one of the great captains, after the overwhelming victory. He's credited for being a stand up guy, honest and full of integrity. So for those who insist Reed was left off for other reasons, I suppose that means Stricker was lying? Hmm...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Tpfol said:

Stricker left Reed off the team because of his health and lack of play leading up to the event.

At the present time he's being lauded as one of the great captains, after the overwhelming victory. He's credited for being a stand up guy, honest and full of integrity. So for those who insist Reed was left off for other reasons, I suppose that means Stricker was lying? Hmm...

LOL, Stricker knows why, that's good enough, but don't pretend if any of it had to do with Reed's other issues he was going to say so publicly.  

Maybe he is a lyre, don't harp about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tpfol said:

Lol tell us more oh insider 

5 hours ago, bscinstnct said:

I guarantee that when PR gets on the team in Rome.

They all go eat spaghetti 🍝😃

Go to some meetings.

And practice and play some golf. Just like they all do week in and week out all year, every year.

I’ll also guarantee that all these guys, BK, BD, JS,

dread their weekly Wed pro-am partners than they do playing a round with PR! 

Well, if he does make the team, I just hope that he doesn't cheat again in a tournament before the Cup so that his team doesn't get asked about it all day long.

Sometimes it's not the person, per se.  It's the baggage they bring with them.

Ping G430 LST 10.5* Tour Black 2.0 65X

Titleist TSr2+ 13* Diamana D+ Limited 80X

Titleist TSr2 16.5* Diamana D+ Limited 80X
Titleist TSi2 21* Speeder HB 8.8 TS
Ping G430 5-UW Steelfiber i80S
Ping Glide 2.0 SS 54* Steelfiber i80S

Cleveland CBX 2 60* DG 115
Scottie Super Select Squareback 2

Titleist AVX/Bridgestone BRX

10 hours ago, JaNelson38 said:

I think they should, to be honest.  Fewer automatic qualifiers means the guys who make it on points truly earned it. 

Plus, it creates so much flexibility depnding on course and form.  And lets be honest - with as deep as USA golf is right now, you would like the ability to dip into the pool if you feel its warranted.  I mean, look at some of the guys who didnt make the team this year:  Webb.  Kokrak.  Burns.  Na.  Woodland.  Zalatoris.  Horschel.  Homa.  You could see any or multiple guys on this list on a RC team in 2 years.  

Lol, Woodland is barely ahead of Rickie in the owgr.  And none of those guys are ahead of Reed.

This whole wrx thing with the players “choosing” the picks is the only place I have seen this.  Anyone have a link to this? Anyone at all?

Yes they have all said they liked the picks.  And they should!  They would have said the same if Tiger had been picked….or even Woodland.   But that is not the equivalent of them making the captains picks.

Far from it.

• Like 1

Titleist TSR4 9° Fujikura Ventus VC Red 5S

Titleist TSi3 strong 3w 13.5° Tensei AV White 70

Titleist TS3 19°  hybrid Tensei Blue/Titleist TS3 23° Tensei Blue

Titleist T150 5-pw Nippon Pro Modus 125

Vokey SM8 50° F & 56° M SM9 60°M

Cameron Newport w/ flow neck by Lamont/ Cameron Del Mar

5 hours ago, Tpfol said:

In Wisconsin it's called being polite.  As if Stricker was going to say Reed was left off the team because he's a d***** bag and no one likes him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Having already bought my tickets for 2023, I will be sure to pass along my thoughts. I am pretty sure they included a "Thoughts on captains picks" feedback form with my receipt...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

RIP TM Stealth2 10.5*  Welcome back OG SIM 10.5* - Ventus Black 6x

BRNR 13.5 / Ventus Blue Velocore+ 7s // TM Qi10 5W/ 7W Ventus Blue 6s

Irons TM P7MC 5-7 / P7MB 8-P // PXG Gen6 XP
Vokey SM8 50*/54*/58*

Cody James custom / TM Spider // Left Dash

9 hours ago, Hawkeye77 said:

LOL, Stricker knows why, that's good enough, but don't pretend if any of it had to do with Reed's other issues he was going to say so publicly.  

Maybe he is a lyre, don't harp about it.

Ok so your take is that Stricker was lying? Got it.

I'll take him at his word for it. 

He very easily could have said there were many reasons that went in to it, that he talked to PR and that was that. Instead he chose to go on about losing sleep, how great of a competitor etc. 

But I guess you guys on the tour really know.....

38 minutes ago, Tpfol said:

Ok so your take is that Stricker was lying? Got it.

I'll take him at his word for it. 

He very easily could have said there were many reasons that went in to it, that he talked to PR and that was that. Instead he chose to go on about losing sleep, how great of a competitor etc. 

But I guess you guys on the tour really know.....

Try actually reading. 

Didn’t say he was lying. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Shilgy said:

Lol, Woodland is barely ahead of Rickie in the owgr.  And none of those guys are ahead of Reed.

This whole wrx thing with the players “choosing” the picks is the only place I have seen this.  Anyone have a link to this? Anyone at all?

Yes they have all said they liked the picks.  And they should!  They would have said the same if Tiger had been picked….or even Woodland.   But that is not the equivalent of them making the captains picks.

Far from it.

Spieth said “they” appreciated being able to voice their opinions.

You are correct, the players didn’t pick their partners. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dcmidnight said:

Having already bought my tickets for 2023, I will be sure to pass along my thoughts. I am pretty sure they included a "Thoughts on captains picks" feedback form with my receipt...

I wouldn’t want to spend the money to go and have to watch Reed either! But I do think he may qualify. 

52 minutes ago, Tpfol said:

Insider? If listening to what Stricker said makes me an insider, then so be it.

Start at 5:38 and see what Stricker said himself

No one ever in life would come out and say “Reed was left off the team because he’s a selfish locker room cancer” especially a class act like stricter. 

on second thought Patrick Reed probably would…😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Got to say, I am thoroughly disappointed with the general lack of content coming from Justine on Twitter. Very frustrating! Does she not realise that some wild theories being posted around would be the perfect pick me up for us all during these post Ryder Cup blues 😂

• Haha 4

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

6 minutes ago, MattyO1984 said:

Got to say, I am thoroughly disappointed with the general lack of content coming from Justine on Twitter. Very frustrating! Does she not realise that some wild theories being posted around would be the perfect pick me up for us all during these post Ryder Cup blues 😂

LOL, you guys are hoping, hoping he makes the team in two years!

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye77 said:

As DJ would say “Absouf….lutely”

If we are going to get beat the way that we did, we need someone at least to fill the role of villain and Patrick fills that role perfectly 😂

• Haha 1

Titleist TSR2 8.25* Project X EvenFlow T1100 White 6.0
Titleist TSR3 15* Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist U505 3 Iron Project X Hzrdus Smoke RBX 6.0
Titleist T200/T150 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Titleist Vokey SM9 50.08F, 54.12D (Raw) & 60.04L (Raw) True Temper S200
Scotty Cameron Futura 5S
ProV1 2023

It’s not uncommon for sports teams to unload highly talented players because they are sh.. stirrers in the locker room and the media.  Yeah you can deal with them for a season or two but they eventually start doing more harm than good. I’ve seen and dealt with it in the work place many times as well. 
I don’t understand how this is a hard concept to grasp?  I’ve had more than one conversation in my life with store managers about unloading that “star” employee who one day you don’t think you cant live without, but the entire staff despises and you are pretty sure they are stealing from you.  

Stricker earned a LOT of respect, I am guessing, from the team by NOT picking PR. It set the tone for their entire attitude heading into the event. This is what good leaders do, it doesn’t have to be a Rah-rah! Speech before the match that gets them going, often quite the contrary.  

• Like 2

Ping G400 Testing G410.  10.5 set at small -
Ping G410 3, 5 and 7 wood

Ping G410 5 hybrid-not much use.  
Mizuno JPX 921 Hot Metal. 5-G
Vokey 54.10, 2009 58.12 M, Testing TM MG2 60* TW grind and MG3 56* TW grind.  Or Ping Glide Stealth, 54,58 SS.  
Odyssey Pro #1 black
Hoofer, Ecco, Bushnell
ProV1x-mostly

5 hours ago, Mustard_Tiger said:

In Wisconsin it's called being polite.  As if Stricker was going to say Reed was left off the team because he's a d***** bag and no one likes him.

You’re correct. But I’ll say. That’s what makes folks like that hard for some of us to be associated with ( speaking hypothetically).   To me , my opinion , that sort of passive aggression is impossible to trust.  I just can’t read it.  I tend to take folks for what they actually say .  So smiling or crying while you knife me , is considered worse by me than actually coming at me with anger or disdain.  

disclaimer - I’m still not down on Steve.  Just commenting on this vein of thought.  

• Like 1

Callaway epic max LS 9* GD-M9003 7x 

TM Sim2 max tour  16* GD  ADHD 8x 

srixon zx 19* elements 9F5T 

Cobra king SZ 25.5* KBS TD cat 5 70 

TM p7mc 5-pw Mmt125tx 

Mizuno T22 raw 52-56-60 s400

LAB Mezz Max armlock 

7 minutes ago, bladehunter said:

You’re correct. But I’ll say. That’s what makes folks like that hard for some of us to be associated with ( speaking hypothetically).   To me , my opinion , that sort of passive aggression is impossible to trust.  I just can’t read it.  I tend to take folks for what they actually say .  So smiling or crying while you knife me , is considered worse by me than actually coming at me with anger or disdain.  

disclaimer - I’m still not down on Steve.  Just commenting on this vein of thought.  

Well said. Being in nyc I’m used to knowing where you stand with people 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hawkeye77 said:

I dont care if he makes the team in 2 years, I thought he deserved it this year. Alas, there's no arguing with the success Stricker's team had, he picked the right guys for sure.

As for 2 years from now? Top 8-10 guys will make them team regardless of whether its 6 or 8 guaranteed slots. If Reed is in top 10 with no injury/illness concerns, he'll make the team. If he's outside of that, he's merely in the mix with a bunch of others, and no explanation will be needed. Difference being that in 2 years the team will be defending the cup after a landslide victory which is an entirely different optic than coming off being eviscerated in Paris

37 minutes ago, Tpfol said:

Yes, try actually reading, or listening.

Stricker clearly stated why Reed wasnt picked for the team. And if you are saying that he didnt mean what he said, that means you are saying he lied.

Its pretty simple

Once again, read the post.  I didn't say he was lying, you claimed I did.  Now it's the "Plan B" retreat argument.

For the nth time, the relevant part:  "LOL, Stricker knows why, that's good enough ..."  I don't know whether he provided all the info he knows or not, and I don't care.  And if he had more reasons there were good reasons for not airing them, as I also said.

Please obsess about something else.

Edited by Hawkeye77

21 minutes ago, Tpfol said:

I dont care if he makes the team in 2 years, I thought he deserved it this year. Alas, there's no arguing with the success Stricker's team had, he picked the right guys for sure.

As for 2 years from now? Top 8-10 guys will make them team regardless of whether its 6 or 8 guaranteed slots. If Reed is in top 10 with no injury/illness concerns, he'll make the team. If he's outside of that, he's merely in the mix with a bunch of others, and no explanation will be needed. Difference being that in 2 years the team will be defending the cup after a landslide victory which is an entirely different optic than coming off being eviscerated in Paris

Um, it was a light hearted comment directed at @MattyO1984

• Like 1

Just now, Hawkeye77 said:

Once again, read the post.  I didn't say he was lying, you claimed I did.  Now it's the "Plan B" retreat argument.

For the nth time, the relevant part:  "LOL, Stricker knows why, that's good enough ..."  I don't know whether he provided all the info he knows or not, and I don't care.  And if he had more reasons there were good reasons for not airing them.

Please obsess about something else.

Im not obsessed, at all. It's simple, Stricker left Reed off the team because of his health, and recent lack of play. It was a really difficult decision that he lost sleep over. I know this because that is exactly what he said.

Maybe you should do some research on your own instead of making an opinion based on what you read on social media.

• Confused 1

Just now, Tpfol said:

Im not obsessed, at all. It's simple, Stricker left Reed off the team because of his health, and recent lack of play. It was a really difficult decision that he lost sleep over. I know this because that is exactly what he said.

Maybe you should do some research on your own instead of making an opinion based on what you read on social media.

Go away. 

I don't care why he left him off the team and expressed no opinion as to what the reasons actually were. 

Enough already.

37 minutes ago, Tpfol said:

Yes, try actually reading, or listening.

Stricker clearly stated why Reed wasnt picked for the team. And if you are saying that he didnt mean what he said, that means you are saying he lied.

Its pretty simple

Tp, I think all Hawk is saying is that if there were reasons related to team chemistry vis a vis PR, Stricker wouldn’t have aired that in public.

• Like 1